Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla still looks uncertain. And having one of the main heroes that the cops were focused on stop to come back and talk to her, inevitably drawing attention to her, adds to her anxieties. But she offers the russian-raised hero a thankful nod for his efforts.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
0 :HP ο COND: Exhausted

Despite how tired Galactica is, with her body screaming at her to take a break, it would be hard to tell as she eagerly shares a play by play of the battle, the parts she saw anyways, which mainly revolves around her fighting three opponents at first while her teammates were still arriving to spread out the opponents and them began actually thinning them out as the New Weapon Masters were defeated one by one.

The play by play is accompanied by exaggerated gesturing of the scarlet alien's arms and legs when she mimics the moves she and the others used, doing a sort of abridged one-person recreation of the battle in the barn.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

Hercule leaned back against the barn. He had nothing against talking to the police, but he doubt he had anything worthwhile to add. And he wasn't sure that his legal status as a foreign national wouldn't raise more questions. He knew Maynard's people were handling it, but that was it. He simply decided to wait for Maynard and the press.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 2; Condition: Fine

"Whether the police like it or not, in 2018, they should be used to people telling them how to do their jobs, Pete," Slyce scoffed. "I'm sure we'll be gettin' the same thing once the press start writin' about us. Speakin' of which..."

He then moved over closer to where the rest of the team was. "Anyone get a mirror? If the media is coming, I gotta look good. I got a rep to maintain, ya know?" Having done several interviews as a star football player, Xavion fancied himself a pro when it comes to dealing with the press.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

THE REPORTERS ARRIVE:

Finally, as the two police officers stare at Galactica's Power Rangers-style routine, other police arrive. News helicopters follow quickly- news of super-villain activity always lures them in. Finally, Maynard himself arrives in a HuMayne helicopter. He steps out, drawing people to him.

"LADIES! LADIES! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" he says with a laugh. "Welcome to the former territory of the HILLBILLIES gang! You might all remember me as the owner of HuMayne Enterprises, and I'm here to tell you that Mega-City has a brand-NEW super-hero team! Please meet... the VICTORY LEAGUE!" he gestures to the assembled heroes.

"No disrespect to the other heroic organizations in our fine city, but the sheer scope of problems in this town needed an EXTRA solution! A NEW kind of idea! A team with REAL financial backing and support! And HuMayne is here to back them up! All of our resources are at the call of these fine characters- legends, legacies and rookies among them! We've got lots of super-strong guys, an alien gladiatrix, some fliers, energy blasters, and more! We've got all our bases covered, team transport, and information on all the comers and goers of the "cape" business!"

He gestures again to the team, "Now, I'm the PR guy and the backer, but THESE are the real main event! Some of them are a little shy, and we support that- they're in it for the LIVES saved, not the glory! But hey- we've got our fair share of SHOWBOATS in here, don't we, Galactica?" he points out the alien warrior, who would be known to anyone on Earth who got the interstellar broadcasts of one of the intergalactic fighting leagues- some of which can even reach our backwater world.

"What is the nature of the gang war you heroes have interjected yourselves into?" One reporter asks the assembled heroes.

"Who are you people? How did you come by your powers?" another asks.

"What was the damage to the surrounding area and civilian homesteads of this vigilante action against local organizations?" comes an accusatory question.

"Are some of you foreign nationals? What does this mean to our American superhero teams?"

"Are you rivals of the Legion of Light? What do you have to say to the elder statesmen of the hero business?"

(GM's NOTE: Okay, so the reporters are flying in with questions. Feel free to answer any of them however you choose)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:11 am THE REPORTERS ARRIVE:

Finally, as the two police officers stare at Galactica's Power Rangers-style routine, other police arrive. News helicopters follow quickly- news of super-villain activity always lures them in. Finally, Maynard himself arrives in a HuMayne helicopter. He steps out, drawing people to him.

"LADIES! LADIES! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" he says with a laugh. "Welcome to the former territory of the HILLBILLIES gang! You might all remember me as the owner of HuMayne Enterprises, and I'm here to tell you that Mega-City has a brand-NEW super-hero team! Please meet... the VICTORY LEAGUE!" he gestures to the assembled heroes.

"No disrespect to the other heroic organizations in our fine city, but the sheer scope of problems in this town needed an EXTRA solution! A NEW kind of idea! A team with REAL financial backing and support! And HuMayne is here to back them up! All of our resources are at the call of these fine characters- legends, legacies and rookies among them! We've got lots of super-strong guys, an alien gladiatrix, some fliers, energy blasters, and more! We've got all our bases covered, team transport, and information on all the comers and goers of the "cape" business!"

He gestures again to the team, "Now, I'm the PR guy and the backer, but THESE are the real main event! Some of them are a little shy, and we support that- they're in it for the LIVES saved, not the glory! But hey- we've got our fair share of SHOWBOATS in here, don't we, Galactica?" he points out the alien warrior, who would be known to anyone on Earth who got the interstellar broadcasts of one of the intergalactic fighting leagues- some of which can even reach our backwater world.

"What is the nature of the gang war you heroes have interjected yourselves into?" One reporter asks the assembled heroes.

"What was the damage to the surrounding area and civilian homesteads of this vigilante action against local organizations?" comes an accusatory question.

"Are some of you foreign nationals? What does this mean to our American superhero teams?"

"Are you rivals of the Legion of Light? What do you have to say to the elder statesmen of the hero business?"

(GM's NOTE: Okay, so the reporters are flying in with questions. Feel free to answer any of them however you choose)
MUSTANG
HP- 0 Codition-Fatigued

Deciding to take the brunt of the Presses attention (hopefully without raising the ire of either Shield or Maynard), Todd lightly elbows Silver Witch as he quickly whispers "Come on Silver,we need to draw their attention..." then stepping forward confidently,the Young Crimefighter says to the assembled Vultures...i mean,reporters
"Alright,everybody just settle down and we'll get to your questions AFAP.We'll get the ball heading downcourt with who we all are,as that seems more polite... (Mustang them proceeds to intro everybody be their Codenames only & lightly glossing over their powers)...For any specifics you might need,i'm sure there's goona be a HuMayne Official PR release soon."
i'm tagging out to anyone else that's good with the press for the other questions,as i don't want to hog the spotlight,as-it-were...
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:11 am THE REPORTERS ARRIVE:

Silver Witch
Sighing to herself, it was almost like back in high school all over again. Reminded her of just how the student body president was when dealing with the PTA or school board. At least he has experience with this.
"We were informed by own backer of news that the Ninjas were forcefully taking over Hillbillies territory and risked starting a gang war. We went in to investigate and it lead us to discovering it was the New Weapon Masters pulling a frame job, deliberately trying to start a gang war, and creating a new base here for themselves. We fought and subdued them as quickly as possible, hoping by doing so the news of their actions and a possible gang war would be averted. Unfortunately, it seems the Baseball Furries have already found out and started a gang war. Which it why it would be best to keep this short, you all would be safer somewhere else until the police and local heroes can deal with the matter."
"I will only speak for myself. I'm Silver Witch, no the costume wasn't a choice, it came with the powers. As for how I came by my powers, I'm still searching for an answer to that one myself."
"I see what you are attempting to do and I won't fall for it. There was no damage to the surrounding area or civilian homes by our actions, some minor damage to an abandoned barn part of the old park happened but it was being used first by the Hillbillies and then by the New Weapon Masters as a headquarters. As for them being local organizations, they are known gangs who break the law and cause trouble for citizens. The fact you would call them local organizations says much about you."
"Are you forgetting this nation was founded by immigrants? That everyone who isn't a Native American is either an immigrant or descendant of an immigrant? Our nation is great because we welcome all kinds of people here, not by excluding them simply because they aren't the right skin color or related to someone who is already a citizen. Many inventions we still use today were made by immigrants. And all it means for American superhero teams are more allies in the fight to preserve this nation against those supervillains who would twist it into something else or the gangs and other internal threats which abuse the American dream. We had allies from other nations when we fought both World Wars, so why not ones to aid for the fight for the very safety and soul of our nation?"
"We are not rivals to the Legion of Light, we simply wish to help. And to the Legion of Light, we thank you for your tireless service to this nation and hope we can be allies in protecting it."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury

Hidden from sight, Maki watches the crowd of reporters do their jobs with the calm serenity of a woman who doesn't have any cameras pointed at her. If the gang called the Baseball Furries is going to make a nuisance out of itself, tails are going to go out of fashion very quickly, and Hubert's big day doesn't need that kind of publicity.

Speaking of which, the doctor thinks to herself. Where are the Baseball Furries? They were close enough to attack one of the Hillbillies and leave a message, but they're nowhere to be seen, now. They wouldn't be crazy enough to attack the police and the news crews, would they?

Well, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Maki climbs up one of the run-down condos, still invisible or close enough to make no difference, and sits on the roof. Low enough to keep an eye on the interview, but high enough to hopefully get a little advance warning if a gang war heads their way.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:11 am"Are some of you foreign nationals? What does this mean to our American superhero teams?"
Le Petit Hercule, started to step forward, as this question was more or less aimed at him, particularly with Mako still being absent.
Psistrike wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:41 pm"Are you forgetting this nation was founded by immigrants? That everyone who isn't a Native American is either an immigrant or descendant of an immigrant?
"Tant pis." Hercule said quietly.
Psistrike wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:41 pmOur nation is great because we welcome all kinds of people here, not by excluding them simply because they aren't the right skin color or related to someone who is already a citizen. Many inventions we still use today were made by immigrants. And all it means for American superhero teams are more allies in the fight to preserve this nation against those supervillains who would twist it into something else or the gangs and other internal threats which abuse the American dream. We had allies from other nations when we fought both World Wars, so why not ones to aid for the fight for the very safety and soul of our nation?"
Hercule just kept his head down as he did a visual inspection of the top of his eye sockets.
Never mind.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby
HP: 0 LP: 1/2 (power stunts)
Condition: Normal

Flyby inwardly grimaces when the mob of reporters show up and moves next to Slyce and Herc in the back instead of towards the press. He whispers to the two next to him "I'm glad Mustang and Witchie have this under control. I'd rather get back to the base for some R&R then deal with them," as he gestures towards the reporters.
Formerly luketheduke86
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
0 :HP ο COND: Exhausted
This seems to be the only question Galactica can really answer, though she does so with the same gusto as when she introduced herself to the first responding officers. "I am the intergalactic wrestling superhero, Galactica! I have come to Earth to fight for justice and defeat your villains! I am from a planet called Chrome and I have trained very, very hard to become the wrestling superhero I am today!" It's almost like she is doing some kind of presentation for children in a school the way she speaks about how she got her powers, as if the next line should be "So make sure you eat your greens and drink your milk so you can grow up strong too!" though she doesn't quite take it that far.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Psistrike wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:41 pm "We were informed by own backer of news that the Ninjas were forcefully taking over Hillbillies territory and risked starting a gang war. We went in to investigate and it lead us to discovering it was the New Weapon Masters pulling a frame job, deliberately trying to start a gang war, and creating a new base here for themselves. We fought and subdued them as quickly as possible, hoping by doing so the news of their actions and a possible gang war would be averted. Unfortunately, it seems the Baseball Furries have already found out and started a gang war. Which it why it would be best to keep this short, you all would be safer somewhere else until the police and local heroes can deal with the matter."
"What? You're suggesting we leave? What are you trying to hide?" comes another accusatory tone.
"Now, wait, hold on" comes another, "If the Baseball Furries are here, we need to get out of town. Those people are NUTS."
"I see what you are attempting to do and I won't fall for it. There was no damage to the surrounding area or civilian homes by our actions, some minor damage to an abandoned barn part of the old park happened but it was being used first by the Hillbillies and then by the New Weapon Masters as a headquarters. As for them being local organizations, they are known gangs who break the law and cause trouble for citizens. The fact you would call them local organizations says much about you."
"These 'known gangs' are non-powered humans who are defenseless against super-powered vigilantes. Is this not an example of superhuman overreach within Mega-City?"
"Are you forgetting this nation was founded by immigrants? That everyone who isn't a Native American is either an immigrant or descendant of an immigrant? Our nation is great because we welcome all kinds of people here, not by excluding them simply because they aren't the right skin color or related to someone who is already a citizen. Many inventions we still use today were made by immigrants. And all it means for American superhero teams are more allies in the fight to preserve this nation against those supervillains who would twist it into something else or the gangs and other internal threats which abuse the American dream. We had allies from other nations when we fought both World Wars, so why not ones to aid for the fight for the very safety and soul of our nation?"
A few people chuckle. "Where is the literal soapbox?" one asks her cameraman. "I feel like there should be a flag waving behind her" another jokes. "Oh be nice!" says another. "she's clearly trying. This is like, a kid superhero. They haven't been broken by life yet."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Maynard rolls his eyes at some of the accusatory rambling. "Oh, HeroWatchers, what would we do without YOU guys to keep us honest?" he smirks in a disingenuous fashion. "HeroWatchers" has become a bit of an industry term for people who look for the worst in superhero behavior- accusing heroes of fighting regular criminals as "abusers of non-powered humans" or of engaging in class warfare against the poor & vulnerable. Any public struggle becomes a question of "who will pay for the DAMAGE?". They accuse heroes of reckless behavior, callousness to others, and moral righteousness (this, they say without a shred of irony).

"As our young teammate the Silver Witch has pointed out, this team is a disparate group from multiple different cultures? Are we rivals to the Legion of Light? Certainly not! While I have no doubts as to our limitless potential, those guys are the gold standard, and there's certainly room for more than one or two big teams in the world!"

Maynard was obviously expecting this.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla was staying deliberately to the back in silence.

Listening to Maynard speak was like listening to a used car salesman. It was discomforting. She went back to watching their surroundings for trouble or the unexpected while simultaneously monitoring the restraints she'd created inside the barn. She could discern the position and direction of her constructs, even if she couldn't dismiss them or reinforce them. The police would need concerted effort with a hacksaw to get through that fibrous growth.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

MUSTANG
HP- 1 Condition-Fatigued

Clapping his hands above his head to get the Reporters to settle down(using his Strength,it sounded like a Thunderclap),Mustang says
"Are we done acting like we're 2 years-old now?GOOD.Now,as much as we'd LOVE to play on this Merry-go-round with you guy's,we'd like to REMIND you all that the Baseball Furries(looks pointedly at the HeroWatcher),you know,the Largest Street Gang in the City that's been known to beat Reporters to death,has been confirmed to be in the area.Now far be it from this Rebenok to tell you what to do,but i'd Suggest you pass along your business cards to me & HuMayne Enterprises will make certain all of you will be invited to the Press Conference that's bound to happen soon,As it's DEFINITELY not safe for you guy's to be here..."
Rebenok--child.