The Matrix of Friendship?!

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
Woodclaw

The Matrix of Friendship?!

Post by Woodclaw »

What I can add to this?

A My Little Pony/Transformers crossover!!! Who greenlighted this madness? :D
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Matrix of Friendship?!

Post by Ares »

You fools! You mad fools! You spent so much time figuring out HOW to do it that you didn't bother asking if you SHOULD do it!
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
saint_matthew

Post by saint_matthew »

Woodclaw wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:30 pmWho greenlighted this madness? :D
IDW publishing did.

Hey IDW publishing what was the amount you posted in losses last year? Wow, really? $5.2 million dollars? Hmmmm, I think I might have discovered why that is.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Hasbro.. you maybe want to start thinking about protecting your IP? Maybe, a little?

Or is the take away from this- dubstep bronies bad, Transformers geeks good?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Well. The first issue is out.

It's actually kind of cool, and respectful of both properties. I'd say that it's about as good as the Transformers/Ghostbusters crossover, while not quite equaling the Transformers/Star Trek crossover or the ongoing Transformers/Terminator crossover.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Davies wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:02 am Well. The first issue is out.

It's actually kind of cool, and respectful of both properties. I'd say that it's about as good as the Transformers/Ghostbusters crossover, while not quite equaling the Transformers/Star Trek crossover or the ongoing Transformers/Terminator crossover.
I'd rank it a bit under Transformer/Ghostbusters, but it's still a pretty high bar.

Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Woodclaw wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:14 pm I'd rank it a bit under Transformer/Ghostbusters, but it's still a pretty high bar.
Must find this.
Because I would never have thought in a million years that those two notions would go together... Star Trek and Transformers I can see... but Ghostbusters ?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Davies

Post by Davies »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:18 pm
Because I would never have thought in a million years that those two notions would go together... Star Trek and Transformers I can see... but Ghostbusters ?
Well, it's a rather divergent version of the G1 Transformers continuity where they've never come to Earth before for reasons that get explained in the first issue.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:18 pm
Woodclaw wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:14 pm I'd rank it a bit under Transformer/Ghostbusters, but it's still a pretty high bar.
Must find this.
Well, in G1 canon Starscream became a ghost so... 😉

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Yeah, the Ghostbusters/Transformer crossover was a lot of fun. Then again, I also loved the GB/TMNT crossover and the Batman/TMNT crossovers. Looking forward to the Power Ranger / TMNT crossover.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Ares wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:11 pm Yeah, the Ghostbusters/Transformer crossover was a lot of fun. Then again, I also loved the GB/TMNT crossover and the Batman/TMNT crossovers. Looking forward to the Power Ranger / TMNT crossover.
I already read the Power Ranger / TMNT crossover and it was a crapton of fun.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Woodclaw wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:34 am
Ares wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:11 pm Yeah, the Ghostbusters/Transformer crossover was a lot of fun. Then again, I also loved the GB/TMNT crossover and the Batman/TMNT crossovers. Looking forward to the Power Ranger / TMNT crossover.
I already read the Power Ranger / TMNT crossover and it was a crapton of fun.
Oh my. You weren't kidding.

It's interesting in that these Turtles seem to be a hybrid of several franchises instead of taken directly from any one in particular.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Holy [CENSORED]! You REALLY weren't kidding!

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Oh my God, I'm actually getting a little giddy reading this.

See, this? This is why I love crossovers and the kind of joy that's missing from 95% of most comics these days.

NoOneofConsequence

Post by NoOneofConsequence »

I swear, those three pages alone make me want to buy it in trade form.

Sometimes embracing the insanity of it all is the best option.
What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)