Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four by Christopher Gage

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
RUSCHE

Re: Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four by Christopher Gage

Post by RUSCHE »

Ares wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:13 pm That's perfectly okay to say.
That is good to know. Haha. Do not want to go to the Hall of Shame...
saint_matthew

Post by saint_matthew »

Oh Ares, I just got through reading those 4 issues (thanks to readcomicsonline), that is some good old fashion fun. Thanks for the recommendation.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

saint_matthew wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:06 pm Oh Ares, I just got through reading those 4 issues (thanks to readcomicsonline), that is some good old fashion fun. Thanks for the recommendation.
My pleasure, I'm glad you enjoyed it. To me, this is what comics today should be like. Very fun, funny at times, and plenty of actual emotion between the characters. Everyone in that book had their own voice, they felt real and there was some real sincerity to what was happening. It used continuity well, it respected what came before and built off of it rather than tearing things down. I'd say my only problem is the art, which isn't bad per-say, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Still, this is more of what I want comics to be like. This book respected the past and built off of it to tell some fun stories, and treated the characters like actual characters. And no politics or agenda beyond "family is important" and "tell a good story".
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.