Arkrite's Odd(s and Ends)

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Jabroniville

Re: Arkrite's Odd(s and Ends)

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:14 am I was always a fan of the Ernest movies growing up, so this little video was a fun look at the career of Jim Varney. Who some might remember more fondly as Ernest P. Worrell.

Jim Varney | The Original Viral Star | A Docu-Mini

And this one was also interesting.
Leslie Nielsen, these days, is well known for being a comedic actor.
To my surprise he was actually a dramatic actor for most of his career, until a movie called Airplane use his serious deadpan deliveries to serve up some of the funniest lines in the movie.

Seriously, if you get the chance and you need a laugh? Watch Airplane. It's a parody movie back when that was a good thing. Hopefully you can find it on a streaming service.

Leslie Nielsen | A Serious Talent | A Docu-Mini
I remember LOVING Ernest back in the day- it's easy to forget how pervasive he was. His movies got a rep for being pretty lame after a point, and largely went straight to video near the end, but Ernest Scared Stupid remains amazing. His line delivery is epic- no wonder the ad exec sought him out.

It's always curious that a single character was used to advertise numerous products- usually you get something like Erin Esurance who ONLY advertises that one thing. Also interesting is that Ernest is treated as being a fan of the product, but also annoying. Most commercials are supposed to make the product's fan look cool or smarter than everybody else, but these make Ernest out to be a nuisance who bothers everyone with his sheer mania over the products.

It's pretty clever- it's funnier to do it Ernest's way, and you probably remember the product more favorably in that case.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Have you ever looked in the mirror and went "I wish I had dat booty"?
Have you ever cursed the Bust Fairy for visiting your sister twice and never coming to visit you?
Have you ever shook your fist at the sky that you can't get dem hips?

Well worry no longer, we have the solution for you. No dangerous drugs, stupid supplements, freakish superfoods, or scary surgeries.

Just some furniture foam and pantyhose :lol:

Everyday Booty Hack by KamuiCosplay

For the Jabs of the world the first thirty seconds pretty much give you the idea, everything after that is a how to.
Well, and a practical before/after near the end.

Svetlana has a lot of videos up about making foam props, costumes, and all sorts of neat things. If that kind of thing interest you there is a lot of videos to check out. The host has a fair sense of humor, and seems to be honestly really invested in the hobby.
And of course a lovely set of Corgis. Named after Zelda characters.

How to make ROBOT ARMS for Cosplay I almost think I could do this myself...
Full EVA Foam Armor - Medion Erazer Gir I can't do this, but I love watching!

Still here? I know what you're looking for.
A corgi centric video.
Want a Corgi? 7 things you don't know!

A very important PSA: Do your research before getting a pet. It'll make your life (and theirs) so much easier knowing things going in.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

It's always nice to have a backup plan...

The Last Saskatchewan Pirate - Captain Tractor
Davies

Post by Davies »

I love that song. (For those who didn't grow up in Saskatchewan, a key part of its joke is that Regina is completely landlocked.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

A blast from the past.
Hard to believe that this used to be crazy popular, and at the same point in time it still makes me laugh.

Admittedly a little rough until he starts answering questions non-stop.

Ask a Ninja Question 17 Ninja Omnibus
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Probably the best knife defense training I've ever seen.

Navy shows knife defense move
Seriously, this guy knows what he's doing.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Once upon a time there was a terrible movie about Tenacious D.
At the time I thought it was going to be some kind of epic musical where almost every scene (if not *every* scene) was a different song.
At that time I was mistaken.

This time? Well let's just say this band made an epic musical adventure. A head scratching mind blowing musical adventure.

The Mystic Crystal - NSP
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The first time I ran into Celebrity Jeopardy was as an audio recording. I didn't have good access to TV, or anything else, really, but somebody had recorded most of these skits as MP3 files.
And they were hilarious.

Apparently SNL has finally deigned to release some of these on YouTube (after years or flat out banning any clips people ever put up). So I will take advantage of that to share some funny videos.

Celebrity Jeopardy!: Calista Flockhart, Nicolas Cage, Sean Connery - SNL
Celebrity Jeopardy!: Hilary Swank, Keanu Reeves, Sean Connery
Celebrity Jeopardy!: Robin Williams, Catherine Zeta-Jones & Sean Connery
Celebrity Jeopardy!: Minnie Driver, Jeff Goldblum, and Sean Connery
Celebrity Jeopardy!: French Stewart, Burt Reynolds, & Sean Connery - SNL
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

As a person who works with computers (I hesitate to refer to myself (or most of my coworkers) as professional) watching TV can be... interesting.
You hear all sorts of funny nonsense in TV show that just never works.
"Zoom and enhance" the investigator tells the computer tech, while pointing to a 7-11 security recording. Never going to happen. You can zoom, but the quality will never get any better.

Hack into the Pentagon? In TV they can do it in the span of a half an hour. In real life? I can't find the emoji that laughs itself to death, but just imagine I put it here.

This guy is basically in the same boat. He appears to be a Fire Fighter who's decided to green screen himself into TV shows to provide advice to the "Professionals" at work in TV shows. When the only thing the writers know about Fire Fighting and First Aid are the terms they heard in television years ago, and those "cool" things they saw in movies once...

Another Jab friendly series, only two to three minutes a video.

Helping 9-1-1 Lonestar save MRI and Wildland patients with my green screen
When Lone Star brings you Epi-Pens and Bondage, I bring you Green Screening!
Helping 9-1-1 Lonestar save MRI and Wildland patients with my green screen
Green Screening Station 19's “runaway” Zamboni Fire
Green screening myself into 9-1-1 on Fox to make it more realistic
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The internet was made for two things.
And the second thing was Cat Videos.

So here's a couple short videos from somebody who decided that using their video editing mastery would be best suited making funny videos with his pet cat.

Also short enough for a Jab to watch.

Freeway Band - Aaron's Animals
The Cat Who Caught the Laser
Aaron's Animals - Cat Sledding

Super sad to say the band practice one I was going to start with has gone completely missing. Darn.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

This is a court document, acted out by actors, but recited verbatim from what was copied down during these sessions.
It's all sorts of special if you can hold out to the end.

Verbatim: What Is a Photocopier?