Top Songs from Anime and Animated movies

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
catsi563

Top Songs from Anime and Animated movies

Post by catsi563 »

So one of the great things we have here is Jabs thread where he does a great job with going in depth on Disney stuff. this includes his takes on the music and songs and such that make the movies amazing.

So I thought id add in my picks for some of the music I loved from various anime and movies where the Voice actor sings not simply a professional singer.

so in no particular order

1: Beauty and the Beast by Angela Lansbury. Beauty and the Beast

what more can you say about a song thats prior to frozen was the iconic song for Disney and made even more so when sung by a legend who knocked it out in one take?

2: Let it go by Idina Menzel Frozen

Jab was absolutely correct. Idina took this song and made it her own, a power ballad that speaks to everyone in one way or another. and when attached to one of the most amazing sequences in any movie it truly makes sure that the cold doesnt bother anyone.

3: Into the Unknown by idina Menzel Frozen 2

Another song that was just made with idina in mind. She blows us away with a song that tells us Elsa is lost and being pulled by something. And lets not forget the contribution to the song by Aurora whose call of the spirit is so haunting that its draws us into it.

4: Ill make a man out of you by Donny Osmond Mulan

A great song about what it takes to be a man training for war made more ionic by the main hero being a heroine. But belted out in all seriousness by Donny osmond who rocks it all the way though.

5: You're welcome by the Rock Moana

Wait the Rock can Sing? HELL YEAH HE CAN!! And boy does he. Not only does he rock out the song he even does a mini rap that just rolls off the tongue and gets you bouncing along with the song until you cant help but smile.

Youre welcome!!

6: Hero too by Crissy Costanza and the Class 1A band My Hero Acadamia

A great song that just starts out with a bang -literaly- and rolls into an anthem for those who have a dream and want to follow it all the way till it makes a little girl smile and finally delivers the ultimate defeat to a monster.

So what are some of your favorites?
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Spectrum

Re: Top Songs from Anime and Animated movies

Post by Spectrum »

Ghost in the Shell OST- just all of it.

I've even created a character based upon Lithium Flower
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

The entire Cowboy Bebop soundtrack is also amazing Jazz fusion.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Yeah GITS had a great sound track. Inner universe, Rise and its other ending Living in the Shell were amazing songs

And Tanks become an iconic opening if there ever was one
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

*cracks knuckles* Let's break out some of my favorite anime music, mostly from the 90s, but with a few modern ones.

The G-Gundam Opening Theme "Flying in the Sky", as well as the "Burning Finger" theme.

The Fushigi Yugi Opening Theme, "Itooshii Hito no Tame ni".

The Trigun Opening Theme.

The Guyver (2005) Opening Theme, "Waiting For".

The Vision of Escaflowne Opening Theme " Yakusoku wa Iranai".

From the original Hellsing OVA, Survival on the Street of Insincerity.

I could also just say "The Entire Macross Plus Soundtrack", but for an example, Pulse.

Unlike others listed, I never really watched InuYasha, but the ending themeShinjitsu no Uta is a great one.

Rurouni Kenshin had some solid music, especially the ending theme Heart of Sword.

The Samurai Champloo theme Shiki No Uta / "Song of Four Seasons" is great.

The Berserk theme Forces .

I never watched Sorcerous Stabber Orphen: Revenge, but it's theme Sodenmotte Kiss is solid.

Given the big Outlaw Star fan I am, I really liked The Opening Theme "Through the Night", as well closing themes "Hiru no Tsuki" and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnDsVE ... uki No Ie".

Key The Metal Idol was . . . trippy and weird, but the theme "In the Night" was one I really enjoyed.

Requiem from the Darkness was also weird, but the opening theme"The Flame" is so good I had to include a link to the full song.

And while not an anime song specifically, I love the energy of Jam Project, especially "Crest of Zs'.

And for some music of this millennium, we have:

"Song of Hope" from Dragon Ball Z - Battle of the Gods.

"You Say Run" from My Hero Academia.

"Again" from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

And so as to include some technically Western music (even if it has a very Eastern flavor), the thing I liked most about Legend of Korra; The Red Lotus Theme
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:18 pm The entire Cowboy Bebop soundtrack is also amazing Jazz fusion.
TANK!
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Catsi stole my thunder with two songs by My Beautiful and Beloved, so I'll post this one:

Born To Be Free- the opening song of Urusei Yatsura- Remember My Love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZLhHK_58L8

The most gloriously, insanely '80s song ever. The video actually redefined how I imagined "Space Settings", too- just this mad assortment of blob-monsters, aliens, dinosaurs, cupids and winged Space Babes, plus a Heavy Metal reference of all things.

The ridiculously catchy theme to Mighty Orbots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaSJL18lJmw

Avatar's best character theme- Azula's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40lWnTM7Bck
* It really sells, almost IMMEDIATELY, that you're dealing with something entirely different. Not some Dark Lord, or a wannabe soldier, or an evil wizard.. someone who was clearly messed-up and entirely sadistic.
Davies

Post by Davies »

My favorite anime opening music is probably "We Were Lovers", the main theme to Gankutsuo: The Count of Monte Cristo, which is also probably my favorite adaptation of Dumas' novel. It's unique in that the composition of the piece (though not the lyrics) takes place during the series' storyline. A close second, for much the same reason, is "Ai Oboeteimasu ka?", from the film version of Macross, a silly, sentimental love song that is the one tiny bit of culture left from a previous galactic civilization, and becomes critical to the birth of another.

I do like "I'll Make a Man Out of You", but my favorite bit of Mulan's soundtrack has to be Reflection, and its use in commercials for the upcoming live-action version was quite well done.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Speaking of Robotech it had a trully great soundtrack sang by reba west, Michael Bradley and others

this one though stands out as the song that would in many ways become the anthem for the series both IRL and in the series itself

We will win by Reba west

Look up by michael bradley is another great song that defines the third series

Honrable mention goes to one of ym all time favorite love songs from the sentinels pilot Together by Reba west is a gorgeous song about two people getting married and one that if I ever do get married ill be playing at my wedding.

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Send Love Through from the Canadian-made acid-trip film Rock & Rule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR-Z92e ... e=youtu.be

Nothing quite like Debbie Harry and the guy from Cheap Trick singing at a demon summoned by Lou Reed in a rotoscopped "animal people" movie to cap off the entire late '70s early '80s era.

The part when Omar joins in on Angel's song at 1:10 is absolutely freaking SPINE-TINGLING.