WandaVision

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Voltron64

Re: WandaVision

Post by Voltron64 »

Spoiler
“Sweet dreams are made of this Who am I to disagree?
I've traveled the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something”
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

That a VERY good point you make there Voltron! But i think it's more like this ...
Spoiler
"Please allow me to Introduce Myself
I'm a Man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long years
Stole million man's Soul an Faith."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I think it's fantastic and even though I grew up with a "wait until next week" TV setup, the weekly wait is BRUTAL. :(
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:20 pm I think it's fantastic and even though I grew up with a "wait until next week" TV setup, the weekly wait is BRUTAL. :(
It was always brutal, we just never noticed it as we grew up. There was always School, Visiting friends, going outside to play, watching a good western movie(i was Always partial to El Dorado or Silverado myself), etc.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Yeah, it's kind of funny how much more patient people had to be and how spoiled a lot of folks are these days. And it's not just younger people either. My parents switched exclusively to streaming services, and always breath a sigh of relief whenever whatever program they're watching doesn't have commercials. They've completely adapted to a lack of commercials and hate it when they have to put up with them.

Now maybe it was all the Saturday morning cartoons I watched as a kid, maybe it's my general patient nature, but I always get a chuckle seeing my folks acting like impatient teenagers. It's kind of cute. But it's also a reminder for me why I'm the one that volunteers to go do things for them that involves waiting in line or dealing with supermarkets: I know those kinds of things drives them nuts.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You wanna talk about patience? Try sitting through Barney while waiting to watch Where in the World is Carmine Sandiego?(i'm suprised you haven't done a build of her yet, she'd make a fantastic low-Level group Villian) ...
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:37 am You wanna talk about patience? Try sitting through Barney while waiting to watch Where in the World is Carmine Sandiego?(i'm suprised you haven't done a build of her yet, she'd make a fantastic low-Level group Villian) ...
I've got three nieces I've babysat regularly for 10 years. You become grateful when they outgrow stuff like "Yo Gabba Gabba" and "Peppa Pig". My brother was not surprised when I made an effort to get them watching the 80s Muppet Babies and The Real Ghostbusters . . . which I did, and which they now love watching. :)
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ares wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:56 am
MacynSnow wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:37 am You wanna talk about patience? Try sitting through Barney while waiting to watch Where in the World is Carmine Sandiego?(i'm suprised you haven't done a build of her yet, she'd make a fantastic low-Level group Villian) ...
I've got three nieces I've babysat regularly for 10 years. You become grateful when they outgrow stuff like "Yo Gabba Gabba" and "Peppa Pig". My brother was not surprised when I made an effort to get them watching the 80s Muppet Babies and The Real Ghostbusters . . . which I did, and which they now love watching. :)
I got my son into watching Power Rangers and, suprisingly enough, Darkwing Duck(wich i'm PERSONALLY requesting you do a Build of Jab!). Which, once we got Internet, turned into a love of Super Senshi and the entire Timmverse.

I pat myself on the back everytime i see it. 8-)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Interesting for me the commercials are all aspects of past traumas she suffered but also seem to be representing the infinity stones
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:53 pm Interesting for me the commercials are all aspects of past traumas she suffered but also seem to be representing the infinity stones
I'm going off the idea that her subconscious is trying to tell her something through the Commercials. Note that they have the Same two people in all of them. Remember the old Elder of the Universe called The In-Betweener? Well, he was ORIGINALLY depicted as being Half-man, Half-woman(before Editorial "Noped" that out of existence)...
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

the possbility is that the two people represent her parents but yeah the IB could be part of that
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:16 am the possbility is that the two people represent her parents but yeah the IB could be part of that
Also, did you notice she doesn't have the Starktech Timebomb toater in her kitchen even though it's supposed to "Have all the modern ammenities"?
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

New episode out, what are your thoughts?
Davies

Post by Davies »

The commercials are getting seriously ominous.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Well, there's this ...
Spoiler
"Hi, Petey! Aren't you supposedly dead in this World?"....

If i didn't know better, i'd swear The Twin's have figured out what their Mom's done....

Man, those Halloween costume's take me back....

When i see Wanda & Vision getting all coupley, i find myself missing Simon Williams...