WandaVision

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
MacynSnow

Re: WandaVision

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:13 pm The commercials are getting seriously ominous.
They were always omnious to begin with, but they are indeed getting creepier...
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Spoiler
And I killed Sparky too!
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Am I wrong, or are they dropping hints that Westview might be built on the Nexus of All-Realities?
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:18 am Am I wrong, or are they dropping hints that Westview might be built on the Nexus of All-Realities?
Your not wrong, i think that's why SWORD is doing what it's doing in regards to Wanda. Also explains why the Comercial's are the way they are...
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I cannot wait to see Elizabeth Olsen grappling with a giant-sized Man-Thing.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:54 am I cannot wait to see Elizabeth Olsen grappling with a giant-sized Man-Thing.
Might just be a pipe dream, as remember this is MCU Territory. I think it'll be a rarely remembered Villian. My money's on Agatha Harkness's son, Nicholas Scratch...
Davies

Post by Davies »

Spoiler
So. Agnes is Agatha Harkness. Rejoice, ye Wild Mass Guessers, you have been proved right again, for there is no way you could have reasonably deduced that this was the case, as the character appearing is utterly unlike the one in the comics.

Regardless, it now seems clear what's happening from the commercials. Last time, we had a character proclaiming that they haven't been hungry since they started eating 'yo-magic', and also saw another character die when unable to gain access to 'yo-magic'. Agatha's goal, then, would probably seem to be to consume Wanda's magic, without which Wanda will probably die. And that is probably going to start to seem like a great deal to Wanda at this point. But this episode's commercial hints at a solution. 'Nexus', we're told, has a number of potential side-effects, among them more depression, but also some fairly positive outcomes as well. If this is a reference to the Nexus of All Realities, then this would seem to suggest that by attuning herself to this source, Wanda might be able to come to terms with what's happened -- possibly by realizing that versions of her loved ones are still alive elsewhere in the multiverse. (This might also tie in with her insistence, during her final scene in Endgame, that Natasha and Vision know that they won.)

The unanswered question, however, is who Agatha's 'only desire' is, with whom she is 'makin' it up as [they] go along'.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:05 am
Spoiler
So. Agnes is Agatha Harkness. Rejoice, ye Wild Mass Guessers, you have been proved right again, for there is no way you could have reasonably deduced that this was the case, as the character appearing is utterly unlike the one in the comics.

Regardless, it now seems clear what's happening from the commercials. Last time, we had a character proclaiming that they haven't been hungry since they started eating 'yo-magic', and also saw another character die when unable to gain access to 'yo-magic'. Agatha's goal, then, would probably seem to be to consume Wanda's magic, without which Wanda will probably die. And that is probably going to start to seem like a great deal to Wanda at this point. But this episode's commercial hints at a solution. 'Nexus', we're told, has a number of potential side-effects, among them more depression, but also some fairly positive outcomes as well. If this is a reference to the Nexus of All Realities, then this would seem to suggest that by attuning herself to this source, Wanda might be able to come to terms with what's happened -- possibly by realizing that versions of her loved ones are still alive elsewhere in the multiverse. (This might also tie in with her insistence, during her final scene in Endgame, that Natasha and Vision know that they won.)

The unanswered question, however, is who Agatha's 'only desire' is, with whom she is 'makin' it up as [they] go along'.
Spoiler
I'm thinking, if it IS the Nexus of all Realities Westview is sitting on, Agnes' Only Desire might be Thog the Deathless(Aka:The Overmaster).It fit's both the MCU's penchant towards using little known Villian in their TV series(just look at Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter) and their love of Easter Eggs...
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

My only question now is will [see below] make a cameo appearance in the finale to set up the upcoming [see below] movie?
Spoiler
Doctor Strange
Davies

Post by Davies »

Mr. Bettany has said that there will be a last episode cameo; however, the language he used seemed to suggest that it's not any of the ones who've been guessed so far, which would include that individual.
Spoiler
I've read speculation that it's Al Pacino as Mephisto, who would fit with what was said, but I'm skeptical.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Yeah, me too. That would've been all over the rapsheets, believe me.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Spoiler
So this version of Agatha looks to be essentially a genderbent version of Nicholas Scratch.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Spoiler
Not Necessarily. If Agatha hsd stayed in New Salem like she was SUPPOSED to in the Comics, she'dve wound up just like him. She even admitted as much to Sue when him & the Seven Jobber's showed up.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Spoiler
I mean more in the sense of being the villainous offspring of a less evil magician. Also come to think it, Agatha here also seems to have shades of the Hellfire Club's Selene. Mostly because of the whole sexy witch in black who gains power by draining life force-motif.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

So, to go back to something that is largely unimportant...
Spoiler
Was it just me or was Agatha's intro song kind of reminiscent of the Munster's theme song?
I honestly can't tell if I'm just nuts.