Favorite Magic deck&Mechanic

The place to discuss your favorite toys (action figures, dolls, building blocks, etc.), board games, and video games, as well their related industries and related news.
MacynSnow

Favorite Magic deck&Mechanic

Post by MacynSnow »

This is a bring over from another thread,but i'll add something new anyway! :D

I loved the idea behind the Landfall mechanic as your opponent(s) can't stop you from playing a land each turn,so the effect'll pop-off every time...I'm a bit of a Red/Green player(or Gruul for those in the know),so i tend to gravitate towards a lot of Red/other color decks as a habit.
Shock

Re: Favorite Magic deck&Mechanic

Post by Shock »

I've been on a blue/red kick. I use creatures that get a boost whenever you play an instant/sorcery and then either bounce their creatures back into their hand or make your attackers unblockable.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Shock wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:36 pm I've been on a blue/red kick. I use creatures that get a boost whenever you play an instant/sorcery and then either bounce their creatures back into their hand or make your attackers unblockable.
Yes,i too find Prowess a useful mechanic,but since it can be stopped by preventing the instant/sorcery from going off i don't use it a lot.Though i do have a modified Wizard Prowess deck built just in case...
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I tend to gravitate to Blue decks a lot, but my favorite (Which i don't play much because of the hate) is my blue and black mill deck.

I also love EDH/Commander format.
Formerly luketheduke86
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

L-Space wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:36 pm I tend to gravitate to Blue decks a lot, but my favorite (Which i don't play much because of the hate) is my blue and black mill deck.

Since you play Full Commander more than i do(my crew tends to due Multiways.Basically Brawl before it got WoC intrest.),What advice you got for a first time Commander brewer? I'm thinking about getting the Lord Windgrace Commander dech instead of making my own,though....
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:29 am
L-Space wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:36 pm I tend to gravitate to Blue decks a lot, but my favorite (Which i don't play much because of the hate) is my blue and black mill deck.

Since you play Full Commander more than i do(my crew tends to due Multiways.Basically Brawl before it got WoC intrest.),What advice you got for a first time Commander brewer? I'm thinking about getting the Lord Windgrace Commander dech instead of making my own,though....
Think BIG, Commander games last a while which means you want to think late game. You will end up with a lot of mana, so don't be afraid of putting in high casters or expensive combos. Versatility and flexibility helps, have multiple strategies availabe. Commanders should amp your play style and wreck your opponents' strat. AoE's over single target spells. And most importantly, have fun and build it around a cool theme.
Formerly luketheduke86
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Any advice on jow to build an effective Green/Black Golgari Fungus deck? I got alot of the Dominaria cards recently why i ask...