Remind me: Extra Limbs and grabbing

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
CaptainKaulu

Remind me: Extra Limbs and grabbing

Post by CaptainKaulu »

I know this has come up before, but I can't find it with my Google-fun, and it may have been on the defunct roninarmy forum.

The bonus to grabbing from Elongation has been ruled to work on both the initial attack check and the DC of the resistance check. But which of the two is affected by the circumstance bonus from Extra Limbs? (or was it both, as well?)
squirrelly-sama

Re: Remind me: Extra Limbs and grabbing

Post by squirrelly-sama »

This is another one where bad wording choice has kind of screwed things up and they never bothered to clarify to the best of my knowledge. Extra Limbs has a circumstance bonus that's said to apply to the "grab attempt", however it never clarifies if this is for the attack check or the initial resistance check. Similarly Elongation has a bonus that just blanket applies to grab checks, again no elaboration on if it's the attack check or resistance checks. However Herolab does offer a word of god that when they went to the developers asking how they should program it in the system GR apparently just told them "Yes" and that's why in Hero Lab it is applied to both the attack check and resistance check and that is the closest we will get to an answer.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Does Hero lab apply the Extra Limbs bonus? I thought it didn't.
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

CaptainKaulu wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:34 pm Does Hero lab apply the Extra Limbs bonus? I thought it didn't.
It's added as circumstance bonus so it doesn't affect PL. Elongation is added as a normal bonus so it is affected by PL, which leads to annoying issues of adding rank of elongation on a PL maxed punchy hero leads to error messages.