Summon/Duplication and Heroic

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
Kevin MacTaggert

Summon/Duplication and Heroic

Post by Kevin MacTaggert »

RAW, Summoned minions cannot have their own Summon power because minions can't have their own minions.

Question: if I make the minions Heroic, they're no longer minions but actual PCs, correct?

I'm working on a MCU PbP game that features Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man and his dupes can also produce dupes.

Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: Duplication: Summon 10; heroic, horde, mental link, multiple minions (71pp)
Davies

Re: Summon/Duplication and Heroic

Post by Davies »

The Heroic extra says that they're treated as normal non-player characters, but it doesn't say anything about them being allowed to have minions of their own. I would be really, REALLY hesitant to allow something like that under the player's control. (Making it uncontrolled, as Madrox's power was initially, might ease my concerns somewhat.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Kevin MacTaggert

Post by Kevin MacTaggert »

Thanks again, Davies! Fortunately, Madrox is an NPC I'm throwing at the Superhero PCs. Two of them are Speedsters so I'm hoping combat is as fun and brief as I'm imagining.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Duplicates making duplicates sounds like that should just be the base character with a lot of Summoned minions and the "horde" extra, and maybe feature or quirk to cover the special effects. And when I say "a lot", I mean Power Level X, since it's theoretically unlimited.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.