Galactus vs Ganthet!

If you want to debate fictional fights or do character respect threads, do it here.
Hoid

Galactus vs Ganthet!

Post by Hoid »

DC’s Ganthet—-a Guardian of the Universe and living embodiment of both the blue light of hope AND willpower’s green color!
Marvel’s Galactus—-the legendary Eater of Worlds and the one who empowered the Silver Surfer!

My take:
If Ganthet has the backing of both Blue Lanterns and Green Lanterns to assist him, Galactus is (eventually) going down.
If Ganthet is on his own, it would be an epic brawl but would end with Galactus the victor.
Arkrite

Re: Galactus vs Ganthet!

Post by Arkrite »

Question: if Ganthet gets the Blue/Green Lanterns to help, does Galactus get his Heralds?
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Arkrite wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:14 am Question: if Ganthet gets the Blue/Green Lanterns to help, does Galactus get his Heralds?
It would only seem fair.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Arkrite wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:14 am Question: if Ganthet gets the Blue/Green Lanterns to help, does Galactus get his Heralds?
I don’t see why not.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Galacatus is more than a match for Ganthet IF the World-Eater is at full power; the problem for Galactus is his power reserves have repeatedly been shown to be depleted rapidly when facing other cosmic beings. Still, no ordinary Guardian would last more than a few moments-but Ganthet wields two energy spectrums AND is very creative with the use of his powers. Since an elite GL squad could probably defeat the Heralds (Silver Surfer is the most powerful herald, but 2-3 experienced Lanterns could likely defeat him, I'd give the edge to the Guardian WITH his allies.

All my best.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I guess the question is how powerful you see the Lanterns being vs the Heralds.
I would have assumed that the GL's would be PL 10-12 (maybe 13 for the big names) and the Heralds would be somewhere between PL 13 - 16 depending on the Herald in question.

Of course I then went back and saw in the DC M&M book they had Hal as PL 14.

So... yeah, I got nothing.
But it'd probably look pretty cool as a two page spread of the battle ;~)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

There's a pretty large gap between a Lantern like Hal, John, Guy, Kilowog and the "standard" GLs. Standard GLs are basically cosmic cannon fodder, folks that exist for villains to tear through in order to show their lethality. Me personally, I don't think anyone outside of a "trainee" Lantern should ever be any kind of cannon fodder, since GLs are suppose to be the best the entire universe has to offer.

Still, most GLs are going to get blasted to atoms by the Heralds, showing how dangerous they are until a "named" GL shows up to fight them. You'll see Terrax chopping six GLs in half, only for Kilowog to come in and tackle him and then fight him to a stalemate one-on-one.

The Lanterns will eventually win through sheer weight of numbers, but their forces are going to be devastated, given the number of Heralds. It's hard to keep track of them all, but I believe there's double digits of them at this point.

Silver Surfer
Firelord
Nova
Terrax
Air-Walker
Morg
Red Shift
Stardust
The Fallen One
The Destroyer Armor
Johnny Storm (Cosmic Version of Invisible Woman's powers)
Dazzler
Superman
Rom the Space Knight
Tyrant

Looking at that list, I'm seeing a lot of dead Lanterns before the Heralds are defeated.

Ganthet on his own versus Galactus is a win for Galactus. How much power he as at the time is what decides if the fight is an utter one-sided beat down or a drawn out battle that ends in Ganthet's eventual defeat, or something in-between.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Keep in mind, though, Ganthet has mastery over the blue light of hope as well as the green light of willpower. His Blue Lantern powers are fueled by the hope he feels, which, as he has innate mastery over that light, must be immense—-and the blue light amplifies the green, often to absurd levels. This means Ganthet is substantially more powerful than his fellow Guardians.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

I'd like to think that a face-off between two entities like Galactus and Ganthet would be something different from a straight out brawl.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)