Login

Questions or concerns about the site? Have a suggestion, comment or critique? Make them known here.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Login

Post by Ares »

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:27 pm And not remembering login issue is back. And of course my "fix" above does nothing. Sigh.
I'm going to try something that's worked in the past with similar issues. You should receive an e-mail shortly, follow the link in it and let me know if it fixes things.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

It may have worked. Not sure. It didn't seem like it worked immediately after requesting the new activation. But it did work this last time I logged in. Who knows.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Nope, just failed again. Sigh.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:33 pm Nope, just failed again. Sigh.
Damn. I'm honestly not sure what else to do. You're the only one I'm aware of having this issue, and the fixes I've got for similar issues don't seem to be working. It might be something on your end, but I'll keep looking into it. I'm genuinely sorry for the headache this has been for you.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

ive noticed lately that there seems to be an issue with hitting links that travel between pages on the website logging one out

for example one clicks a link on an OOC thread to a character on a rolecall thread. the rolecall thread page will be logged out but the OOC page will remain logged in.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I'll look into it.

Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

catsi563 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:55 pm ive noticed lately that there seems to be an issue with hitting links that travel between pages on the website logging one out

for example one clicks a link on an OOC thread to a character on a rolecall thread. the rolecall thread page will be logged out but the OOC page will remain logged in.
It might or might not be related, but I noticed that the initial login into the site is a bit slower as of late.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I've had to log back in about a dozen times today, sometimes logging in, going to a topic, click on a ink to go to a later page, and finding I'm logged out again.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yeah, I've had that with the links in Hunter: The Reckoning.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I'll look into it.

jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Ares wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:07 am
Damn. I'm honestly not sure what else to do. You're the only one I'm aware of having this issue, and the fixes I've got for similar issues don't seem to be working. It might be something on your end, but I'll keep looking into it. I'm genuinely sorry for the headache this has been for you.
Remember this? Every time I come to the site, I'm not logged in.

New computer. But that shouldn't change my "remember me" settings on this website. I've cleared the cookies/data. I've cleared the "remember me" settings in User Control Settings.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

jmucchiello wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:08 pm
Ares wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:07 am
Remember this? Every time I come to the site, I'm not logged in.

New computer. But that shouldn't change my "remember me" settings on this website. I've cleared the cookies/data. I've cleared the "remember me" settings in User Control Settings.
I'm wondering if it's perhaps your browser or if it's your VPN, if you use one. I've had my VPN affect log-ins before, depending on the location they're set to.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, let me know so I can determine if it's a site issue or if it's something not playing well with the site.

jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I have no VPN and the browser is Chrome.
EternalPhoenix

Post by EternalPhoenix »

It's not every time, but yeah sometimes the site kind of forgets I was logged in. Reboot the computer, shut down Chrome for a bit, change internet source from home wifi to phone, things like that can trigger it. There was a bad stretch some months back where i couldn't stay logged in on my phone browser. Refresh or change pages, and it may forget me. Glad that stopped happening. I'm still gunshy about refreshes.
The Phoenixverse (A 2e OC 'verse!)
The Archetype Blendarama!
You, Dear Reader, may comment on any build at any time. I will be happy regardless.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

No, for the last month EVERY time I come here, I have to login.