Roninarmy

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
greycrusader

Re: Roninarmy

Post by greycrusader »

The 3e line is scarcely dead, as the collected Rogues Gallery was finally released last year, there's an expanded Gamegamster's Guide due, the Super-Team Handbook is out in PDF and print, and there's another upcoming source book on the horizon as well (which I cannot go into detail regarding). However, the forums are another story-aside from the schism, the recurring technical issues HAVE curtailed posting, and as Fuzzyboots said, losing the game room and roll call halted the most frequently posted on forums. The Expanse and Modern AGE forums are still fairly active, but most of the M&M posting has moved to the FB group.

All my best.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

greycrusader wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 pm there's an expanded Gamegamster's Guide due,
That's out already.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

FWIW, the upcoming official 3E releases are the Time Travelers Codex
Later in the year we’ll have the Time Travelers Codex. This book provides a framework and ideas for including time travel in your supers campaign, as well as detailed info on select historical epochs and the sorts of adventures you might have there.
and the Freedom City cards for Sentinels of the Multiverse.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

greycrusader wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 pm The 3e line is scarcely dead, as the collected Rogues Gallery was finally released last year, there's an expanded Gamegamster's Guide due, the Super-Team Handbook is out in PDF and print, and there's another upcoming source book on the horizon as well (which I cannot go into detail regarding). However, the forums are another story-aside from the schism, the recurring technical issues HAVE curtailed posting, and as Fuzzyboots said, losing the game room and roll call halted the most frequently posted on forums. The Expanse and Modern AGE forums are still fairly active, but most of the M&M posting has moved to the FB group.

All my best.
The line going dormant for a year or two after the release of the main book had a disastrous effect on things, I think, but yeah, more work was produced since then. However, it seems like it's at about 1/8th the pace they used to produce books.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

The biggest thing that set me off when it came to doing business with GR was the Power Profiles.

I was new into the game and wanted to support the company so I bought all the profiles as they came out online.
Then the collected book came out, for cheaper than the individual episodes with more information. Made me feel like I wasted my time and money being a 'good customer'.
Then the published book wasn't available at Amazon, forcing me into buying it directly at GR.

That made it really hard for me to trust them after that point.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

From Fildrigar:
The Ronin Army forums have been hacked and are currently down. If you have an account on the forums, and use the same password there as anywhere else, please immediately change your passwords.
So yeah... time to change passwords.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

They're just full of problems lately. Maybe the update wasn't such a good idea.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Even before the update, they had some problems. I don't think they were as bad as after the upgrade though.
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

mrdent12 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:38 am Even before the update, they had some problems. I don't think they were as bad as after the upgrade though.
Yeah, it went from annoying and almost impossible to post to unusable and impossible to browse.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

What they need is a decent programmer and somebody very familiar with how the boards they use work on a meta level. They obviously don't have that. Personally, I'm neither. But even I can see that necessity.

Battle Init
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

That's the case with most web applications unless kept simple enough. The problem with simple though is that it doesn't scale with the latest features easily as more users ask for things.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Ayup. That's when you gots to explain to the kiddies why you can't have the new toy and say 'no' if you don't have the right people to properly implement them.

Battle Init
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I know that "Karma" is more about "bad things today will affect you in your next life/lives", but HOLY CRAP Green Ronin is being hammered by all of this nonsense and their own incompetence, which is a bit hilarious to me, given how they treated me and my thread-goers all those years ago. I can't even feel any sympathy.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:51 am I know that "Karma" is more about "bad things today will affect you in your next life/lives", but HOLY CRAP Green Ronin is being hammered by all of this nonsense and their own incompetence, which is a bit hilarious to me, given how they treated me and my thread-goers all those years ago. I can't even feel any sympathy.
I feel badly that GR is having so much trouble with the M&M part of the forum. It's kinda like seeing the home town arcade you spent a large part of your teenage years going to be torn down to make a parking lot.

Even though I left there for many the same reasons as others here did it the ATT was a place I greatly enjoyed for many years.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

After the upgrade, I thought the M&M part pretty much died given all the issues with last I read in some post most of the info for M&M moving to Facebook.