General COVID-19 Topic

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Goldar

Re: General COVID-19 Topic

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:04 amdnd
I worked from home for three weeks, and then I got laid off until the end of June, so I've been off work for a week.

And my dad's been in the hospital for a good chunk of that time. From a fall.
Sorry to hear your Dad is ill.

Positive thoughts and prayers are sent your way.

Hang in there, Buddy!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Dad's out of the hospital now. Now he's in a rehab facility, getting physical therapy to try and get his strength and balance back.

Meanwhile, my college roommate has an uncle who is in critical condition due to him having the Wuhan Virus.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Glad to hear the good news about your Dad.

How are you doing, Ken?

Remember to take care of yourself!

Stay safe and be well.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

i got my plague money!
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

kirinke wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:07 pm i got my plague money!
Me too! And the best part is I haven't lost any income yet :mrgreen:
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Shock wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:29 pm
I work at an essential business and got my hours increased.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Shock wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:29 pm
Me three! Plus my new job is paying "hazard pay" since we are considered essential so I get a $2.00 an hour raise for the next month.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

And now every summer festival in town is closed, and who knows if we'll see any of them? Oh, and the day after I checked out of curiosity, Wicked cancelled its summer tour of town, as well. Just an absolute killer- now I have nothing to look forward to all year, and only MAYBE will I even get my vacation. Small potatoes compared to what others are going through, but considering how agonizing this has made work, I can't help but feel I just need to check out emotionally for the rest of the year.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

My dad died on the 5th on March (though not due to Corona) and because of the lock down we still haven't been able to have a funeral and probably won't be able to for quite some time. Now personally I don't see his body as 'him' so I'm not distressed at him not being 'at rest' but the limbo like state we're in feels really weird. We can't even have a small gathering because my sister is pregnant and has been told to self-isolate for the health of the baby. So far I'm okay, I'm more worried that the not knowing/lack of progress will eventually effect my sister.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Maybe you can have a teleconference wake/service to tide you over until you can have a real funeral? It's something you can talk over with your priest/pastor. I mean, it won't be the real thing, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Battle Init
Shock

Post by Shock »

M4C8 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:59 pm My dad died on the 5th on March (though not due to Corona) and because of the lock down we still haven't been able to have a funeral and probably won't be able to for quite some time. Now personally I don't see his body as 'him' so I'm not distressed at him not being 'at rest' but the limbo like state we're in feels really weird. We can't even have a small gathering because my sister is pregnant and has been told to self-isolate for the health of the baby. So far I'm okay, I'm more worried that the not knowing/lack of progress will eventually effect my sister.
Ug. So sorry for your loss and the difficult situation
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Shock wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:29 pm
M4C8 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:59 pm My dad died on the 5th on March (though not due to Corona) and because of the lock down we still haven't been able to have a funeral and probably won't be able to for quite some time. Now personally I don't see his body as 'him' so I'm not distressed at him not being 'at rest' but the limbo like state we're in feels really weird. We can't even have a small gathering because my sister is pregnant and has been told to self-isolate for the health of the baby. So far I'm okay, I'm more worried that the not knowing/lack of progress will eventually effect my sister.
Ug. So sorry for your loss and the difficult situation
Thanks.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

kirinke wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:24 pm Maybe you can have a teleconference wake/service to tide you over until you can have a real funeral? It's something you can talk over with your priest/pastor. I mean, it won't be the real thing, but it's the thought that counts, right?
It's a good idea but for various reasons (that I won't go into), sadly it wouldn't be possible.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Hey, I understand kinda what you're going through. My mom at the first of the year due to lung cancer, COPD, Emphysema and heart failure.

And no problems. Not every idea is feasible for one reason or another.

Battle Init
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

So sorry for your loss.