Hello, again.

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Hoid

Hello, again.

Post by Hoid »

Well...that was entertaining.
Hello, everyone. It’s me, Hoid. I’ve unfortunately been gone a rather long time, and I owe you all an explanation. So, let’s begin this sordid tale...

After my nephew recovered from his car crash, he became addicted to painkillers and developed panic attacks. To aid with the panic attacks he smoked weed. This led to him getting arrested several times.

I got SUPER sick last year around Xmas-time, and was unable to beat the bug even after several months. It took quite a while to get back on my feet. I have some lingering suspicion it might’ve been COVID-19, but I really can’t answer that one way or the other, and, as I made a full and complete recovery many a moon ago, it’s probably pointless to speculate about.

Shortly thereafter one of my toenails got infected, necessitating it’s removal. Let me tell you something, the procedure was absolutely painless. They put a rubber band around where my toe connects with my foot to stop blood flow, used an anesthetic spray, then injected the toe with something, probably another numbing agent. It worked REALLY well. They used acid carefully to help remove my toenail, and I felt absolutely NOTHING.

Applying some salty water solution to that toe every night for well over a month, however, was HORRIBLE. That shit STUNG.

And then....I had a kidney stone. A big one, too, so big it blocked off the entire kidney. I went in for surgery to get a splint put it (so that kidney’s urine could get around the blockage), and everything went fine.

Then I went home and took a piss. The pain was awful, and a lot of what I’d pee would be blood. So, yay, me! Eventually I got the kidney stone removed, thus ending a months-long medical drama.

But it’s not all bad news, regarding my disappearance. My nephew thankfully got himself clean and has had a daughter, whom I love to bits. I’ve been helping with the wee lass for a while, now.

So, anyhow, I’m back.

I apologize for my long absence. I had a PbP game that I left in the lurch, though not willingly. If the player cares to take up the role of Imperious, again, that’d be excellent, but if not, I’d understand. Otherwise, I’m not running any PbP.

I’m going to get back into the swing of things with the Forever Tree. I miss my brainchild. I think I’ll start with something small, namely focusing on a supers academy in one of the Forever Tree’s few bright and shining success-story worlds. It’ll be fun, I think, to delve into lighter material for awhile.

Anyhow, glad to be back.
Bladewind

Re: Hello, again.

Post by Bladewind »

Welcome back !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:48 pm Welcome back !
Thanks! I’m kind of worried about what reception I’d get.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Hoid wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:49 pm
Bladewind wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:48 pm Welcome back !
Thanks! I’m kind of worried about what reception I’d get.
Welcome back. And just so you know, beyond anyone you're actively gaming with on here, you've got no obligation in how you come and go. It sounds like you had several incredibly unpleasant months, and I'm relieved to hear things are better on your end. You won't get anything but a warm reception here.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Thanks!

I’ve been away from the Forever Tree so long, I’ve got refamiliarize myself with my own material. LOL
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Hi, Hoid! Glad to see you again! Sorry it was such a dramatic time for you- I had a kidney stone myself earlier this year (around when Covid started), but it went away after like an hour- the abdominal pain was agonizing but brief, and the brown pee was the weirdest thing, lol. But it looks like you have had wayyyyyyyyyyy more drama, so it's good to see that it's mostly done with.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Thanks, Jab! It’s good to be back. Your thread, though...Jeebus, it’s going to take me forever to catch up!
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Glad to have you back!
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 am Glad to have you back!
Thanks! I feel really awful leaving Sakuro in the lurch like that, though.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Eyyy, it's you again. Welcome on back.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:36 am Eyyy, it's you again. Welcome on back.
Thanks! I’m happy to be back.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Welcome back, your probs were your reason out
Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about
Well the names haven't all changed since you hung around
Some of those games have remained and they've turned around
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Welcome back!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Thanks, everyone!