Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
M4C8

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Hulkling! Iron Lad! Patriot II! Kate Bishop!)

Post by M4C8 »

drkrash wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:17 pm Am I completely making it up in my head that Kate Bishop is British?

Anyway, I liked her first look. I really, really didn't like the "no mask, headband" look she eventually supported. I (like others here) hate customs that are not really costumes.

Jab, I agree that the early Fraction series definitely intended romantic (or at least sexual) tension between Clint and Kate. (I'm remembering a time when she rooted around in his pants looking for keys or something). I would have liked to see that explored more, but I'm OK that they didn't go anywhere with it. What I *don't* like is that Kate eventually decided she was way more put together than Clint and just made fun of him.

Then she went off to have dumb PI adventures in LA.

She could still be a cool superhero, even keeping the name Hawkeye (along with Clint), but that doesn't seem to be the kinds of stories these second-tier characters get these days.
She's from the US. There are characters who most people don't realise are British though (Spider-Woman (Drew) and Blade)
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

It's sad that for the longest time, the mini-Enchantress here was seen more than the actual Enchantress, who basically vanished following JMS' Thor run.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Enchantress was used (poorly) in the War of the Realms.

I can't believe I just found out my girl Jessica Drew was British. She may be my favorite female Marvel character.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
saint_matthew

Post by saint_matthew »

M4C8 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:38 pmShe's from the US. There are characters who most people don't realise are British though (Spider-Woman (Drew) and Blade)
Oh you mean like how everyone forgets that Jessica Drew is actually blonde.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

The Matt Fraction Hawkeye series was superbly done, but I have to add the mental caveat of it being about a depressed Hawkeye, who's in the midst of a crisis of conscience.

A new Hawkeye book should be about Clint Barton reclaiming his swagger, taking on worthy foes, getting back together with his wife Mockingbird, and doing while in the CLASSIC COSTUME-one of the BEST in comics, period. Hawkeye's classic look made him every inch the swashbuckling hero, the royal purple befitting a "commoner" with the heart of a hero of old, and the even had a nod to Robin Hood in the look.

All my best.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

saint_matthew wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:57 am
M4C8 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:38 pmShe's from the US. There are characters who most people don't realise are British though (Spider-Woman (Drew) and Blade)
Oh you mean like how everyone forgets that Jessica Drew is actually blonde.
I just checked her bio on MarvelDatabase, it says she's brunette but dyes her hair black (and previously blonde), of course it could be wrong.

I'm always surprised by the number of famously redheaded actresses are actually blonde (Deborah Anne Woll, Emma Stone, Sophie Turner etc.)
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

Coat of Arms

Post by Jabroniville »

Is this a fetish thing? Because I feel this is a fetish thing.

COAT OF ARMS (Lisa Molinari)
Created By:
Paul Cornell & Mark Brooks
First Appearance: Dark Reign: Young Avengers #1 (July 2009)
Role: Legacy Villain
Group Affiliations: The Young Masters, The Masters of Evil
PL 8 (78)
STRENGTH
1/4 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Art) 6 (+6)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Coat of Arms" (Flaws: Removable) [32]
Extra Limbs 4 (Feats: Subtle) (5)
Enhanced Strength 3 (6)
"Force Field" Protection 4 (4)

"Knows Magic"
Enhanced Skills 6: Expertise: Magic 6 (+6) (3)
Enhanced Advantages 1: Ritualist (1)

"Knows Magic" Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate 3) (19) -- (20)
  • AE: "Storm of Blades" Strength-Damage +6 (Feats: Variable- Various Weapons) (Extras: Multiattack) (13)
-- (39 Points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Coat +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Swords +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Magical Stuff +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3 (+7 Force Field), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Wants To Be A Hero)- Coat of Arms wants to join The Young Avengers.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 11 (78)

-The ridiculously-named "Coat of Arms" actually formed the Young Masters, having created them as an "art project" with a superhero theme, due to the inspiration of seeing Norman Osborn temporarily freak-out and go Green Goblin. She is named for the fact that she wears a mystical coat that gives her various silly powers. She, Enchantress II & Egghead II are seen allying with Jeremy Briggs in Avengers Academy, but hasn't done much of anything in ages, simply being a backgrounder on the Shadow Council.

-Her coat allows her to mimic having Extra Limbs, which she uses to combine with Sword damage. And also know magic and stuff.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Apparently her magical coat belonged to Tiboro of all people. Supposedly, anyway.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:58 pm It's sad that for the longest time, the mini-Enchantress here was seen more than the actual Enchantress, who basically vanished following JMS' Thor run.
Yeah it was kinda weird, but as the only low-tier Magic Villainess around (ie. one who didn't have to be the focus of a story but could be a good "background villain", she was perfect for a lot of scenes.
Jabroniville

Big Zero

Post by Jabroniville »

Musn't... propose... to racist...

BIG ZERO (Amity Hunter)
Created By:
Paul Cornell & Mark Brooks
First Appearance: Dark Reign: Young Avengers #1 (July 2009)
Role: Size-Changer
Group Affiliations: The Young Masters, The Masters of Evil
PL 9 (64)
STRENGTH
1/11 STAMINA 2/12 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Racist) 6 (+6)
Technology 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Fast Grab

Powers:
Growth 10 (Str & Sta +10, +10 Mass, +5 Intimidation, -5 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -10 Stealth) -- (42 feet) (20) -- [21]
  • AE: "Unseen Shrinking" Shrinking 8 (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Giant Size +6 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +3
"Giant Size" Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Wants To Be A Hero)- Except she sucks at it.
Prejudiced (Non-Whites)- Yeah, she's not a good person.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 11 (68)

-Big Zero is a Super-Racist who can both grow and shrink, but has only been seen a little bit, despite being on every incarnation of the team. So really, all of this is in the air- like most Growing-themed characters, she has a high offensive PL, but a really low defensive one. She managed to reprogram a robot to be more racist, so I guess she's got some Tech skill.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Big Zero has got to be in the running for dumbest codename in comics. It's half a step up from calling yourself "Big Loser." I can only assume the writer was making a point because in-universe it makes no sense.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I always saw it as a play on her powers - Big Zero - she grows big & little (since zero is the lowest possible number).
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
squirrelly-sama

Re: Big Zero

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:04 am She managed to reprogram a robot to be more racist, so I guess she's got some Tech skill.
Wait, what?
FuzzyBoots

Re: Big Zero

Post by FuzzyBoots »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:03 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:04 am She managed to reprogram a robot to be more racist, so I guess she's got some Tech skill.
Wait, what?
She modified Egghead's parameters, somehow, to make him less tolerant of non-White races.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I'm surprised you haven't gone and statted up Judge Dredd or Tank Girl comics yet.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5