Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
SolarOracle

Invisible Girl

Post by SolarOracle »

Hagakure Toru (Beginning/Around USJ Arc)

Identity: Hagakure Toru, Public Identity.
Height: 1.52 Meters.
Weight: Unknown;
Eyes: Invisible.
Hair: Invisible.
Skin: Invisible.
Quirk Type: Mutant.
Group: U.A. Highschool class 1-A.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City.

Power Level 3 - 43 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 1, Fighting 3, Awareness 0
Stamina 2, Dexterity 0, Intellect 0, Presence 2

Powers
Quirk - Invisibility
Concealment 2 (Visuals) (Extras: Increased Duration - continuous) (Flaws: Permanent, Limited to not affecting clothing worn by the user or objects they are manipulating). [2]

Advantages
Close Attack

Skills
Athletics 2 (+2 total).
Deception 4 (+6 total).
Expertise (Student) 4 (+4 total).
Insight 3 (+3 total).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Persuasion 7 (+9 total).
Stealth 10 (+11 total).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +4, close damage 0

Defense
Dodge 3, Fortitude 2, Parry 4, Toughness 2, Will 4

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero!: Hagakure is studying at U.A. High School's hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like her classmates. What type of hero she desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

Permanently Invisible: Because her quirk makes her permanently invisible, Hagakure’s facial features and body cannot be seen by anyone, ally or enemy.

16 Abilities, 2 Powers, 1 Advantages, 17 Skills, 7 Defenses = 43 Character Points

About: Hagakure is probably one of the most cheerful and bubbly people in her class, making her one of the most sociable and friendly people there, ironic due to her quirk, Invisibility, that makes her permanently invisible, with her only appearing as a floating set of clothes. She seems to really like stereotypically "girly" or cute things in general, with her bedroom having a lot of pink and many stuffed animals.

Hagakure is a funny character concept, and a really creative one I'm somewhat surprised hasn't shown up as a concept more in media (a person who is invisible all the time and can't control it). She hasn't had many fights in the series, but has developed her powers a bit, being able to distort and deflect light-based attacks and being able to unleash a bright light from her body to blind her enemies, meaning that her power has something to do with light distortion and manipulation, not simply being transparent. She also seems to be one of the most popular character for the fanbase, tho I really don't know why that is.

Outfits: Hagakure is normally seen in her school uniform, like the rest of the U.A. students. Her hero outfit consists simply of a pair of boots and gloves, taking full advantage of her invisibility. She has described her face (in non-canon media) as "a combination of Yang Guifei and Francis Xavier".

Stealth Hero: Invisible Girl (Midway/Around Provisional License Exam Arc)

Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City, Heights Alliance 1-A Dormitory.

Power Level 4 (PL 7 Light Refraction) - 72 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 2, Fighting 4, Awareness 0

Powers
Quirk - Invisibility
Concealment 2 (Visuals) (Extras: Increased Duration - continuous) (Flaws: Permanent, Limited to not affecting clothing worn by the user or objects they are manipulating). [2]

Super Move! - Light Refraction: Area (Visual Perception) Affliction 7 (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware) (Extras: Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited to visuals). (14) -- [15]
  • AE: Deflect 7 (Flaws: Limited to light descriptor). (3.5)
Advantages
Close Attack 4

Skills
Athletics 4 (+4 total).
Deception 4 (+6 total).
Insight 3 (+3 total).
Perception 5 (+5 total).
Persuasion 8 (+10 total).
Sleight of Hand 4 (+4 total).
Stealth 12 (+14 total).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +8, close damage 0
Light Refraction, visual perception area affliction (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware), Fortitude DC 17.

Defense
Dodge 5, Fortitude 2, Parry 6, Toughness 2, Will 4

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero!: Hagakure is studying at U.A. High School's hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like her classmates. What type of hero she desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

Permanently Invisible: Because her quirk makes her permanently invisible, Hagakure’s facial features and body cannot be seen by anyone, ally or enemy.

20 Abilities, 17 Powers, 4 Advantages, 22 Skills, 9 Defenses = 72 Character Points

About: A build meant to represent Hagakure during the Provisional License Arc. I gave her a small boost in her fighting and defenses in general, as well as including her super move in this build, which I made to be a few PLs higher than herself due to how effective it seems to have been against her opponents. I also decided to increase her melee attacks by quite a bit, matching the PL of her defenses, since her primary source of attacks is said to be melee against unprepared opponents who cannot predict them, benefiting from her invisibility, so it would make sense that, by this point, her melee attacks would be a bit better than before. Other than that, I also gave her a minor buff in her Stealth, Athletics and Persuasion skills, as the first two are probably something she would be training, due to her training to be a “Stealth Hero”, and the latter being due to Hagakure being a very sociable person, and I feel like her diplomatic and social skills in general would be also improving.

Stealth Hero: Invisible Girl (Now/Around Paranormal Liberation Army Arc)

Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City, Heights Alliance 1-A Dormitory.

Power Level 5 (PL 7 Light Refraction, PL 9 Stealth) - 80 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 3, Fighting 4, Awareness 0

Powers
Quirk - Invisibility

Super Move! - Light Refraction: Area (Visual Perception) Affliction 7 (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware) (Extras: Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited to visuals). (14) -- [15]
  • AE: Deflect 7 (Extras: Reflect, Redirect) (Flaws: Limited to light descriptor). (14)
Advantages
Close Attack 4, Ranged Attack 2

Skills
Athletics 4 (+4 total).
Deception 4 (+6 total).
Insight 3 (+3 total).
Perception 5 (+5 total).
Persuasion 8 (+10 total).
Sleight of Hand 8 (+8 total).
Stealth 16 (+19 total).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +8, close damage 0
Light Refraction, visual perception area affliction (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware), Fortitude DC 17.

Defense
Dodge 6, Fortitude 3, Parry 7, Toughness 2, Will 5

Complications

20 Abilities, 17 Powers, 4 Advantages, 26 Skills, 13 Defenses = 80 Character Points

About: A build of Hagakure currently in the manga. Again, she mostly developed her stealth, being now PL 9 with it, and gained the ability to redirect the attacks with her light deflection, something she did in a training against robots. She is now PL 4.5 which really isn’t a lot, but considering her role is mostly infiltration and stuff, that doesn’t matter that much.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
catsi563

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no Hero Academia Update

Post by catsi563 »

She also seems to be one of the most popular character for the fanbase, tho I really don't know why that is.
that most likely has to do with her relatability as a person. the fact that's shes invisible ALL the time really is something a lot of people especially young people can relate to. the notion that theyre not seen or heard by their peers or parents or adults etc. They feel that they have to be extra loud and happy or boisterous or naughty just to get and keep an adults attention.

then theres also a bit of the psychological nature of the character herself, I mean think of how rough it is for a teenage girl as is, but then add in a quirk which has the disadvantage of meaning NO ONE can see you. on the one hand you don't get judged for your appearance or any problems (acne Pfft hahah) but on the other hand theres no coloring your hair or cutting it for a new look to catch the eye of that guy or gal you like, hard to flirt with someone when they cant see you smile all the things people do to attract attention.

She cant do that any of it.

So in a way its interesting psychologically to see a character whose main defense seems to be if you cant be seen be heard as often as possible and be as friendly as you can when you do. they cant see you but they'll always know youre there
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

SolarOracle wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:18 pm Sorry for the slowdown on uploads. I'm in the middle of tests week and I've not been having a lot of free time to upload the final few class 1-A builds. Hopefully, stuff returns to normal soon.
Don't worry about it- only totally demented nutjobs post more than a couple of builds EVERY DAY :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh man- I knew just looking at bits and pieces of Todoroki's bio and build that he was going to be one of the most popular characters- he hits so many of the "Cool Character Tropes", what with the tragic backstory and the aloof, "Serious Guy" attitude. I don't watch much Shonen, but even I've picked up on how many of those types of characters there are now. Probably as part of their way to appeal to female fans (a big audience shift in Shonen was to attract women, usually by including prettier, brooding male characters over the hot-blooded weirdos Shonen had used before).

The stuff with Endeavor caused a bit of a debate here or on the Echoes Discord (are you ever on that, btw?), with some people not buying his attempts to reform AT ALL, while others appreciated it.

His backstory/concept also reminds me hilariously of Sky High's Warren Peace, the son of a hero and a villain- giving him fire powers, too.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:31 am The stuff with Endeavor caused a bit of a debate here or on the Echoes Discord (are you ever on that, btw?)
Oh, didn't know you guys had a Discord server. I'll be sure to join!

As for Todoroki, he really does seem to have quite a sizeable fanbase and seems to be very popular specially with female fans, so you're probably right about that.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:05 am
She also seems to be one of the most popular character for the fanbase, tho I really don't know why that is.
that most likely has to do with her relatability as a person. the fact that's shes invisible ALL the time really is something a lot of people especially young people can relate to. the notion that theyre not seen or heard by their peers or parents or adults etc. They feel that they have to be extra loud and happy or boisterous or naughty just to get and keep an adults attention.

then theres also a bit of the psychological nature of the character herself, I mean think of how rough it is for a teenage girl as is, but then add in a quirk which has the disadvantage of meaning NO ONE can see you. on the one hand you don't get judged for your appearance or any problems (acne Pfft hahah) but on the other hand theres no coloring your hair or cutting it for a new look to catch the eye of that guy or gal you like, hard to flirt with someone when they cant see you smile all the things people do to attract attention.

She cant do that any of it.

So in a way its interesting psychologically to see a character whose main defense seems to be if you cant be seen be heard as often as possible and be as friendly as you can when you do. they cant see you but they'll always know youre there
Hm, that's a pretty intresting thing I never really considered. I always thought of her invisibility as more of a funny character trait than anything else, never really considered the psychological implications of it and how it gives her quite a bit of character. That's pretty cool!
SolarOracle

Bakugo

Post by SolarOracle »

Bakugo Katsuki (Beginning/Around USJ Arc)

Identity: Katsuki Bakugo, Public Identity.
Height: 1.72 meters.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Red.
Hair: Ash-Blonde.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Emitter.
Group: U.A. High School class 1-A.

Power Level 9 - 121 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 2, Agility 1, Fighting 4, Awareness 1
Stamina 4, Dexterity 0, Intellect 2, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Explosion
Flight 4 (Flaws: Source - Sweat). [7]

Big Explosion: Damage 7 (Extras: Reach) (Flaws: Source - Sweat). (7) -- [9]
  • AE: Point-Blank Explosion: Strength-based Damage 6 (Flaws: Source - Sweat). (5)
  • AE: Blind With Smoke: Affliction 8 (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware) (Extras: Reach) (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Source - Sweat, Limited to Visuals). (4)
Support Item - Grenadier Bracers: (Flaws: Removable). [7]
Area (60 ft. Cone) Damage 8 (Flaws: Limited to two uses). (8)

Advantages
All-out Attack, Close Attack 5, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Roll 3, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Explosions), Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Startle

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+3 total).
Athletics 6 (+8 total).
Expertise (Drums) 8 (+10 total).
Expertise (Student) 10 (+12 total).
Insight 4 (+5 total).
Intimidation 10 (+10 total).
Perception 6 (+7 total).

Offense
Initiative +5
Unarmed +9, close damage 2.
Point Blank Explosion +9, close damage 8, critical 19-20.
Big Explosion +9, close damage 7, critical 19-20.
Blind With Smoke +9, close affliction (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware), Dodge DC 18.
Grenadier Bracers, close 60 ft. cone area damage 8.

Defense
Dodge 9, Fortitude 6, Parry 10, Toughness 4/7*, Will 8
*7 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become the Strongest Hero!: Bakugo desires nothing more than to be the strongest; incontestably and absolutely powerful and mighty. He desires to become a hero who can defeat anyone standing in his path.

Superiority Complex: Bakugo developed his powerful quirk when very young and was praised by everyone around him for it, leading him to feel like he was better than anyone else. Because of this, Bakugo will become nervous and frustrated when outclassed by others, especially his childhood friend Midoriya, whom he always saw as pathetic.

Sweat Dependant Quirk: Bakugo’s quirk makes it so he produces a nitroglycerin-like substance instead of normal sweat, that he can combust at will. Because of this, if he is in a situation where he won’t sweat as much, such as in cold temperatures, his attacks won’t be as strong and will take longer to activate.

28 Abilities, 23 Powers, 13 Advantages, 23 Skills, 23 Defenses = 121 Character Points

About: Bakugo is an explosive, impulsive and VERY loud guy. He is very self confident, due to developing his quirk, Explosion, which allows him to explode his sweat at will, at an early age and being praised by his friends and those around him because of it, leading him to develop his superiority complex. He was childhood friends with Midoriya, and the one who bullied him the most due to his lack of quirk and wanting to be a hero. Bakugo seems to excell at most things, being really smart, really strong and powerful and generally being better at stuff than most, like when he played drums excellently during the school festival arc and was the only one who didn't need to be tutored by Jiro.

Bakugo's bullying of Midoriya is a pretty hot topic in the community, with some people thinking he is irredeemable because of it and others feeling like it allowed him to develop quite a bit as a character. A prime exemple of his bullying was when he told Midoriya to kill himself and used his quirk to burn up Midoriya's notebook, filled with information and notes on various pro heroes, and throwing it out of the window of their classroom. However, like Bakugo's VA pointed out in a podcast, Bakugo didn't completelly disintegrate the notebook with his quirk, something he could easily do, allowing Midoriya to retrieve it later, meaning that he didn't want to destroy Midoriya's notes entirely. This is a pretty subtle and intresting thing to me. He would later make up with Midoriya (after the two had a fight, of course, like all good shonen should), and the two would slowly become friends again, with Midoriya even telling him about One For All's secret and Bakugo helping him develop it along All Might.

Bakugo was the one to originate Midoriya's hero name, Deku, which is a pun with Midoriya's given name, Izuku, with the kanji for that apparently also being capable of being read as "Deku", a word that basically means useless. However, apparently, it can also be read as "I'm gonna win", with Midoriya choosing it as his hero name because of that, reappropriating the name. Bakugo still does not have a hero name, due to the ones he originally came up with being too evil-sounding (my favorite of them was "King Explosion Murder"). He said a few chapters ago that he decided on a name, but wanted to reveal it firt to his mentor, Best Jeanist, before telling others about it (something that's gonna be pretty hard, since Best Jeanist is currently less-than-alive...)

I really like Bakugo and his character development. He seems to, in a way, be a parody of the tropes of a shonen protagonist, being impulsive, screaming a lot, having a flashy power, etc., which I think is pretty intresting. I also really enjoy the moments when others provoke Bakugo while he is boasting and his interactions with the others in his class, specially Kirishima and Sero. Bakugo seems to be one of the strongest in his class, alongside Todoroki and Midoriya, and has had many cool fights, like his fight during the joint training arc, where he lead his group in a very effective way against the students of class 1-B, using his group's quirks in a very tactical and intelligent way, using their strong and weak points to their advantage, allowing his group to win the fight without losing a single member. I'm really excited to see what happens to Bakugo in the future and how he will develop further.

Outfits: Bakugo is usually seen in his school attire, tho he wears it in a very sloppy way, not using his tie and not properly buttoning up his shirt and blazer. His hero costume is grenade and explosives themed, with a black tanktop with a red "X" in the middle, a pair of baggy black pants with a green belt, a pair of knee-high combat boots, a pair of green and black gloves and his "Grenadier Bracers", a pair of arm bracers designed to look like grenades where he stores lots of his sweat so he can ignite it all in a very powerful attack. He also wears a black mask with two pointy flame-like thingies on it, coming from the sides of his face.

Bakugo (Midway/Around Provisional License Exam Arc)

Power Level 10 - 178 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 3, Agility 1, Fighting 5, Awareness 1

Powers
Quirk - Explosion

Super Move! - AP Shot: Auto Cannon: Ranged Damage 7 (Extras: Penetrating 5, Multiattack) (Flaws: Source - Sweat, Inaccurate). (24) -- [30]
  • AE: Super Move! - AP Shot: Ranged Damage 7 (Extras: Penetrating 5) (Flaws: Source - Sweat). (18)
  • AE: Super Move! - Howitzer Impact: Flight 4 (Flaws: Source - Sweat), linked to Area 0 (30 ft. Cone) Damage 10 (Flaws: Source - Sweat). (17)
  • AE: Big Explosion: Damage 8 (Extras: Reach) (Flaws: Source - Sweat). (8)
  • AE: Point-Blank Explosion: Strength-based Damage 7 (Flaws: Source - Sweat). (6)
  • AE: Super Move! - Stun Grenade: Area 0 (15 ft. Burst) Affliction 10 (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware) (Flaws: Source - Sweat, Limited to Visuals). (4)
  • AE: Blind With Smoke: Affliction 8 (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware) (Extras: Reach) (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Source - Sweat, Limited to Visuals). (4)

Support Item - Improvised Grenades: (Flaws: Removable). [12]
Feature: Can be given to others. (1)
Ranged Area (30 ft. Burst) Damage 5 (Flaws: Reduced Range). (14)

Advantages
All-out Attack, Close Attack 5, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Roll 3, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Explosions), Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+3 total).
Athletics 8 (+10 total).
Insight 4 (+5 total).
Perception 7 (+8 total).
Ranged Combat (AP Shot) 5 (+13 total).

Offense
Initiative +5
Unarmed +10, close damage 3.
Point Blank Explosion +10, close damage 10, critical 19-20.
Big Explosion +10, close damage 8, critical 19-20.
Blind With Smoke +10, close affliction (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware), Dodge DC 18.
Stun Grenade, close 15 ft. burst area affliction (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware), Dodge DC 20.
Howitzer Impact, close 30 ft. cone area damage 10.
AP Shot +13, ranged damage 7, critical 19-20.
AP Shot Auto Cannon +11, ranged damage 7, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 12, Fortitude 7, Parry 13, Toughness 4/7*, Will 10
*7 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become the Strongest Hero!: Bakugo desires nothing more than to be the strongest; incontestably and absolutely powerful and mighty. He desires to become a hero who can defeat anyone standing in his path.

Superiority Complex: Bakugo developed his powerful quirk when very young and was praised by everyone around him for it, leading him to feel like he was better than anyone else. Because of this, Bakugo will become nervous and frustrated when outclassed by others, especially his childhood friend Midoriya, whom he always saw as pathetic.

Sweat Dependant Quirk: Bakugo’s quirk makes it so he produces a nitroglycerin-like substance instead of normal sweat, that he can combust at will. Because of this, if he is in a situation where he won’t sweat as much, such as in cold temperatures, his attacks won’t be as strong and will take longer to activate.

32 Abilities, 56 Powers, 21 Advantages, 27 Skills, 31 Defenses = 178 Character Points

About: Bakugo during the Provisional License Arc. This is a 1 PL upgrade, making him PL 10, both offensively and defensively. He gains many super moves, like his iconic Howitzer Impact, which I decided to represent as an area damage effect despite him usually using it against a single target because of how big the area of the explosion is. It is also meant to be used after the flight of his linked effect, but I was unsure if there was some way to represent that on Mutants and Masterminds or not, so I just left it like that. He also gains a ranged attack, his “AP Shot”, which is a very powerful projectile. I gave it the Penetrating modifier because of him using it to shoot through a pillar of concrete during his development of it, so it seemed like a fitting modifier for it.

Overall, Bakugo maintains his status as one of the strongest in his class, with him developing many techniques that give him more versatility as well as him powering up his explosion by quite a bit during his training.

Bakugo (Now/Around Paranormal Liberation Front Arc)

Power Level 11 - 188 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 3, Agility 1, Fighting 6, Awareness 1

Powers
Quirk - Explosion

Super Move! - AP Shot: Auto Cannon: Ranged Damage 7 (Extras: Penetrating 5, Multiattack) (Flaws: Source - Sweat, Inaccurate). (24) -- [31]
  • AE: Super Move! - AP Shot: Ranged Damage 7 (Extras: Penetrating 5) (Flaws: Source - Sweat). (18)
  • AE: Super Move! - Howitzer Impact: Flight 4 (Flaws: Source - Sweat), linked to Area 0 (30 ft. Cone) Damage 10 (Flaws: Source - Sweat). (17)
  • AE: Big Explosion: Damage 8 (Extras: Reach) (Flaws: Source - Sweat). (8)
  • AE: Point-Blank Explosion: Strength-based Damage 7 (Flaws: Source - Sweat). (6)
  • AE: Super Move! - Stun Grenade: Area 0 (15 ft. Burst) Affliction 10 (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware) (Flaws: Source - Sweat, Limited to Visuals). (4)
  • AE: Super Move! - Zero Distance Stun Grenade: Affliction 10 (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware) (Flaws: Source - Sweat, Limited to Visuals). (4)

Support Item - Improvised Grenades: (Flaws: Removable). [12]
Feature: Can be given to others. (1)
Ranged Area (30 ft. Burst) Damage 5 (Flaws: Reduced Range). (14)

Advantages
All-out Attack, Close Attack 5, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Roll 3, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Explosions), Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9, Startle

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+5 total).
Athletics 10 (+13 total).
Insight 4 (+5 total).
Perception 7 (+8 total).
Ranged Combat (AP Shot) 5 (+14 total).

Offense
Initiative +5
Unarmed +11, close damage 3.
Point Blank Explosion +11, close damage 10, critical 19-20.
Big Explosion +11, close damage 8, critical 19-20.
Blind With Smoke +11, close affliction (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware), Dodge DC 18.
Zero Distance Stun Grenade +11, close affliction (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware), Dodge DC 20.
Stun Grenade, close 15 ft. burst area affliction (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware), Dodge DC 20.
Howitzer Impact, close 30 ft. cone area damage 10.
AP Shot +14, ranged damage 7, critical 19-20.
AP Shot Auto Cannon +12, ranged damage 7, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 13, Fortitude 9, Parry 14, Toughness 4/7*, Will 11
*7 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Superiority Complex: Bakugo developed his powerful quirk when very young and was praised by everyone around him for it, leading him to feel like he was better than anyone else. Because of this, Bakugo will become nervous and frustrated when outclassed by others, especially his childhood friend Midoriya, whom he always saw as pathetic, tho this has been lessened recently, with them somewhat mending the wounds of their past and becoming close again, and with Midoriya even telling Bakugo about One For All.

34 Abilities, 57 Powers, 22 Advantages, 29 Skills, 35 Defenses = 188 Character Points

About: A build of Bakugo currently in the manga. His growth was of only 0.5 PL, making him now PL 10.5, really high for the standards of the series. He developed a close range variant of his Stun Grenade, and gained minor improvements on his defenses. Bakugo’s growth wasn’t as significant as others’, like Midoriya, but he is still developing his powers and techniques more and more.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

OK, the universe was seriously conspiring against me with that last build. My browser crashed the first time when I was almost done with it, then after I was finishing up posting it up the second time, my PC blue-screened on me. This took SIGNIFICANTLY longer than it should have to upload because of that. I was pretty emotionally exhausted writing the about and outfit section for a third time, so it might be rushed or just generally not-as-good as it should have been, sorry about that. Guess I gotta learn to save drafts, LOL.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

SolarOracle wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:05 am OK, the universe was seriously conspiring against me with that last build. My browser crashed the first time when I was almost done with it, then after I was finishing up posting it up the second time, my PC blue-screened on me. This took SIGNIFICANTLY longer than it should have to upload because of that. I was pretty emotionally exhausted writing the about and outfit section for a third time, so it might be rushed or just generally not-as-good as it should have been, sorry about that. Guess I gotta learn to save drafts, LOL.
Ouch- yeah, that sucks. I ALWAYS save mine in Word Files, and email them to myself at the end of each days' building.
SolarOracle

Deku

Post by SolarOracle »

Midoriya Izuku (Beginning/Around USJ Arc)

Identity: Midoriya Izuku, Public Identity.
Height: 1.66 meters.
Eyes: Green.
Hair: Green.
Skin: Pale.

Power Level 8 (PL 10 Smash) - 93 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 1, Agility 1, Fighting 4, Awareness 1
Stamina 3, Dexterity 0, Intellect 3, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - One For All
Leaping 4 (30 meters or 120 feet) (Flaws: Side Effect 2: User’s limb becomes Disabled) [1]

SMASH!: Strength-based Damage 10 (Flaws: Side Effect 2: User’s limb becomes Disabled). (2.5) -- [3.5]
  • AE: Delaware Smash: Strength-based Damage 4 (Flaws: Side Effect 2: User’s limb becomes Impaired). (1)
Advantages
All-Out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Teamwork, Well-Informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+2 total).
Athletics 7 (+8 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9 total).
Deception 4 (+4 total).
Expertise (Student) 8 (+11 total).
Insight 8 (+9 total).
Investigation 7 (+10 total).
Perception 9 (+10 total).
Persuasion 3 (+3 total).
Stealth 2 (+3 total).

Offense
Initiative +5
Unarmed +8, close damage 1, critical 19-20.
Smash +8, close damage 11, critical 19-20.
Delaware Smash +8, close damage 5, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 8, Fortitude 6, Parry 10, Toughness 3/6*, Will 7
*6 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become the Greatest Hero!: Midoriya always dreamed of being a hero, but that was seen as an impossible dream by everyone around him, including his idol and Japan’s number 1 hero, All Might, due to him being quirkless. After receiving One For All from All Might, Midoriya’s dream finally seemed achievable, and with the power of the number 1 hero, Midoriya now desires to one day reach the spot of number 1 hero himself.

An Imperfect Vessel: Midoriya doesn’t have full control of One For All because of his body not being fully ready for it, and, because of that, everytime he uses the quirk he ends up destroying his own body in the process, through broken and injured limbs. If he isn’t careful with his usage of his quirk, Midoriya can cause permanent injuries and damage to his body.

All Might’s Secret: Midoriya received his power from All Might, but that isn’t known by many others aside from them. Midoriya has promised All Might to keep the fact that he received his powers and All Might’s true appearance and form a secret.

26 Abilities, 4.5 Powers, 14 Advantages, 25.5 Skills, 22 Defenses = 92 Character Points

About: The protagonist of the series, Midoriya is a timid and analytical person who was born without a quirk. Because of that, his dreams of becoming a hero were almost impossible, with him being bullied because of it by his friends and with not even his own mother believeing he could make it. However, Japan's number one hero, All Might, decided to give his quirk, One For All, which allows the user to accumulate and release power, to Midoriya after seeing his bravery and that he had what it took to be a hero, and begins to train him, allowing Midoriya to enter U.A., the best hero school in Japan.

One For All is actually the combination of two quirks, one that allows the user to accumulate and release power as muscle strength, and another one that allow the user to transfer it to others, with the two having merged into One For All. It has also been revealed that, along with the power accumulation quirk, One For All also carries the quirks of its previous users, with Midoriya now beginning to develop them as well (which is incredibly cool for me!).

Midoriya has a tendency to overthink things and mumble incomprehensibly while lost in thought, and has also written several notebooks analyzing the pro heroes that he has been writng since childhood. Midoriya has grown a lot as a character since joining U.A., becoming less shy and reckless too. As the protagonist, he naturally had the most fights throughout the whole series, developing One For All and changing how he uses it a lot in the meantime, with him developing his "Full Cowl" as a way to not destroy his body with One For All instead of using it at max power to punch others like he was previously doing, allowing him to actually be effective in combat without breaking his bones and damaging his body.

Midorriya is an amazing protagonist, specially for a shonen. These builds were also probably the most fun ones to do among the Class 1-A builds because of how much his powers change with time. I'm really looking forward to how him and his powers will evolve even more in the future.

Outfits: Midoriya, like his fellow U.A. students, normally wears his school uniform, but also wears a pair of red boots. His hero costume consist of a green, white and black jumpsuit with a pair of red boots similar to the ones he normally wears, but customized with iron soles that boost the power of his kicks, a red belt, a pair of long white gloves and shoulder pads. Other than that, he has a green mask that was designed to be similar to All Might and his hairstyle and a respirator that resembles All Might's iconic smile, but he normally has the mask removed and uses the respirator around his neck.

Deku (Midway/Around Provisional License Exam Arc)

Power Level 10 - 127 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 2/7*, Agility 1/3*, Fighting 6, Awareness 1
Stamina 3/5*, Dexterity 0, Intellect 3, Presence 0
*Changed due to powers.

Powers
Quirk - One For All
One For All: Full Cowl:
Speed 2 (16 Km/H or 8 MpH). [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet). [2]
Enhanced Strength 5. [10]
Enhanced Agility 2. [4]
Enhanced Stamina 2. [4]

Super Move! - SMASH!: Strength-based Damage +2. [2]

Advantages
All-Out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Teamwork, Well-Informed

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+6/+8* total).
Athletics 8 (+10/+15* total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+11 total).
Deception 4 (+4 total).
Insight 8 (+9 total).
Investigation 6 (+9 total).
Persuasion 3 (+3 total).
Stealth 2 (+3 total).

Offense
Initiative +5
Unarmed +11, close damage 2, critical 19-20.
Unarmed (Full Cowl) +11, close damage 7, critical 19-20.
Smash +11, close damage 9, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 9/11*, Fortitude 8/10*, Parry 12, Toughness 3/8*, Will 11
*Enhanced due to powers. Toughness 8 with powers and Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become the Greatest Hero!: Midoriya always dreamed of being a hero, but that was seen as an impossible dream by everyone around him, including his idol and Japan’s number 1 hero, All Might, due to him being quirkless. After receiving One For All from All Might, Midoriya’s dream finally seemed achievable, and with the power of the number 1 hero, Midoriya now desires to one day reach the spot of number 1 hero himself.

Not Fully Developed: Midoriya’s body still can’t handle the full power of his quirk. If he tries to output more power than he can handle, it will result in him damaging his own body as well.

All Might’s Secret: Midoriya received his power from All Might, but that isn’t known by many others aside from them. Midoriya has promised All Might to keep the fact that he received his powers from him a secret.

32 Abilities, 24 Powers, 14 Advantages, 28 Skills, 29 Defenses = 127 Character Points

About: Midoriya during the Provisional License Arc. Probably one of the biggest growths in his class, like All Might pointed out, Midoriya developed his quirk so he can use it with a lower amount of power so he can attack without breaking his bones, as well as developing his body more so he can output more of his power. He also decided to shift his combat focus into being more agile, fast and nimble, not favoring attacking with his feet, something he decided to do to differentiate himself more from All Might.

Midoriya is now a PL 10, but is a PL 11 with his smash attacks. Like in his previous builds, I decided to include all his Smash attacks as a single move, as most of them are simply him striking with incredible strength in different ways. The one he uses the most after developing his “Shoot Style”, his new way of fighting that favors kicks, is his Saint Louis Smash, which is an airborne roundhouse kick, which he first used against Gentle Criminal.

Deku (Now/Paranormal Liberation Front Arc)

Power Level 12 - 166 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 2/9*, Agility 1/3*, Fighting 6, Awareness 1
Stamina 3/5*, Dexterity 0, Intellect 3, Presence 0
*Changed due to powers.

Powers
Quirk - One For All

Quirk - Power Accumulation
One For All: Full Cowl:
Speed 3 (30 Km/H or 16 MpH). [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet). [2]
Enhanced Strength 7. [14]
Enhanced Agility 2. [4]
Enhanced Stamina 2. [4]

Super Move! - SMASH!: Strength-based Damage +2. (2) -- [3]
  • AE: Super Move! - Air Force SMASH!: Ranged Strength-based Damage 0. (1)
Quirk - Blackwhip
Ranged Affliction 12 (Hindered and Vulnerable/Defenseless and Immobilized) (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited to 2 Degrees). (12) -- [13]
  • AE: Movement 1 (Swinging). (2)
Support Item - Air Force Gloves: (Flaws: Removable). [1]
Feature: Lessen the strain caused by Air Force. (1)

Advantages
All-Out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack 3, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 6, Teamwork, Well-Informed

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+7/+9* total).
Athletics 11 (+13/+18* total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+13 total).
Deception 4 (+4 total).
Insight 8 (+9 total).
Investigation 7 (+10 total).
Persuasion 3 (+3 total).
Ranged Combat (Air Force) 5 (+11 total).
Ranged Combat (Blackwhip) 5 (+11 total).
Stealth 2 (+3 total).

Offense
Initiative +5
Unarmed +13, close damage 2, critical 19-20.
Unarmed (Full Cowl) +13, close damage 9, critical 19-20.
Smash +13, close damage 11, critical 19-20.
Air Force +11, ranged damage 7.
Blackwhip +11, ranged affliction (Hindered and Vulnerable/Defenseless and Immobilized), Dodge DC 22.

Defense
Dodge 11/13*, Fortitude 9/11*, Parry 15, Toughness 3/9*, Will 13
*Enhanced due to powers. Toughness 9 with powers and Defensive Roll.

Complications

Not Fully Developed: Midoriya’s body still can’t handle the full power of his quirk. If he tries to output more power than he can handle, it will result in him damaging his own body as well. Other than that, since he just recently began using it as a means of attack, using Air Force repeatedly causes a heavy strain on Midoriya’s body, that is lessened by his specially designed gloves.

All Might’s Secret: Midoriya received his power from All Might, but that isn’t known by many others aside from them. Midoriya has promised All Might to keep the fact that he received his powers from him a secret.

32 Abilities, 44 Powers, 22 Advantages, 36 Skills, 37 Defenses = 166 Character Points

About: An insanely spoilertastic build of Midoriya currently on the manga! It has been revealed that the One For All quirk is, in fact, not just a single power that allows its user to accumulate and unleash power through their muscles, but, instead, the collection of all the quirks possessed by previous One For All users. That means that Midoriya has now access to a new powerset that he is developing, the Blackwhip, which allows him to unleash dark rope-like energy tendrils that allow him to immobilize others. It has also been teased that the next quirk he will train will be the one that All Might’s master, Nana Shimura, had, Float, that will, presumably, allow him to fly.

Midoriya also developed a new technique, the Air Force, which allows him to create air pressure with his super strength as a way of attacking his opponents from a range. He has done this with two different methods, the “Saint Louis Smash: Air Force”, which is him kicking really hard and using air pressure, and the “Delaware Smash: Air Force”, which is him flicking his fingers really hard and creating air pressure, and I condensation them both into the same attack for simplicity’s sake, like I did for his Smashes. The whole “Air Pressure” thing sounds really absurd and silly, and I love everything about it.

I took the liberty of naming the original effect of One For All “Power Accumulation”, but it doesn’t really have an official name. Other than that, this build is another HUGE improvement for Midoriya, who is now the strongest in his class, at PL 12, with a PL 13 attack with his Smash technique.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

great deku only a couple minor quibbles
AE: Delaware Smash: Strength-based Damage 4 (Flaws: Quirk - User breaks a finger when using this attack). (3)
that should be ranged since its a blast effect or at least a burst or line aoe based on him
again this should be ranged or the aoe and hes missing the gloves hatsumei made for him which he used in the fight with Gentle

that's really all I can see maybe an air change of direction for his leaping in the second and third builds as shown in his fight with overhaul where thanks to Eri he was able to use One for all at full power and could basically fly by kicking in mid air to change direction
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:17 pm great deku only a couple minor quibbles
AE: Delaware Smash: Strength-based Damage 4 (Flaws: Quirk - User breaks a finger when using this attack). (3)
that should be ranged since its a blast effect or at least a burst or line aoe based on him
again this should be ranged or the aoe and hes missing the gloves hatsumei made for him which he used in the fight with Gentle

that's really all I can see maybe an air change of direction for his leaping in the second and third builds as shown in his fight with overhaul where thanks to Eri he was able to use One for all at full power and could basically fly by kicking in mid air to change direction
Oh, he used those at a range at some point? I remember him using Delaware Smash to disturb the water during the USJ thing, but that was from so close a range I still considered it as close.

As for the gloves, since they only really serve to lessen the strain Air Force has on his body, I didn't include them, since he could still technically use it without the gloves, I did the same for the boots with the upgraded soles from his third costume that he uses to boost his kicks.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

my basis was the fight with Todoroki as well as when All might smashed the goo villain before he gave deku his powers the blasts are clearly done at range. His fight with Muscle actually is one of the first where he uses his power up close and personal

his entire fight with Todoroki was flicking his fingers causing air pressure blasts.as for the boots and gloves maybe a feature that they remove or mitigate the power complications a bit but as shown in the fight with overhaul they still have their limits

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I feel like "Breaking Bones Upon use" is ideally the "Side-Effect" Flaws, but it depends on how debilitating those move-uses are.

"All For One" being more like Mimic/Variable is an interesting twist indeed- and kind of the manga's own version of the shonen cliche of "Last-Minute Super-Upgrades"- this one actually builds new powers directly into the main character instead of just upgrading things, but I think it's a bit neat that it's not just "Now he's more powerful"- it actually just makes him more VERSATILE.

This also implies that All Might's base quirk was Super-Strength, doesn't it? So that All For One just allowed him to transfer his strength to Midoriya, and the other powers came later. Did All Might know about the nature of "All For One"?

He does seem a big different from most shonen protagonists- sure, he's the "Strongest", but he's more related to guys like Keiichi from Ah! My Goddess! in that he's an everyman, a bit of a nerd, and more interested in details and tactics than "Fighting to get STRONGER!". And he looks more like a young boy, not the handsome pretty boys that became common around Rorouni Kenshin and Bleach, or the muscular powerhouses of shonen before that.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

catsi563 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:48 am my basis was the fight with Todoroki as well as when All might smashed the goo villain before he gave deku his powers the blasts are clearly done at range. His fight with Muscle actually is one of the first where he uses his power up close and personal
Hm, if I recall correctly, in his fight with Todoroki, he was mostly doing the finger flick thing to counter Todoroki's ice. I do remember they commenting on the air pressure it was creating, but I don't remember him actually doing damage to Todoroki with it. As for All Might in the beginning, I don't think Midoriya could quite have pulled something like that off at that point, and All Might still had to be relatively close to the villain in order for it to work, so I don't really know.
as for the boots and gloves maybe a feature that they remove or mitigate the power complications a bit but as shown in the fight with overhaul they still have their limits
Oh, that's actually a cool idea! I think I'm gonna do something like that.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.