Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
SolarOracle

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no Hero Academia Update

Post by SolarOracle »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:15 am I feel like "Breaking Bones Upon use" is ideally the "Side-Effect" Flaws, but it depends on how debilitating those move-uses are.
Yeah, I was originally planning to do that, but since his limbs break even when the attack connects and works as intended, it didn't really work as a Side Effect.
This also implies that All Might's base quirk was Super-Strength, doesn't it? So that All For One just allowed him to transfer his strength to Midoriya, and the other powers came later. Did All Might know about the nature of "All For One"?
No, All Might was also born quirkless, actually, which was also a great source of inspiration for Midoriya. One For All's "power accumulation" comes from the first user (Midoriya is the ninth), who originally had that quirk I mentioned that did nothing but could be transfered to other. He was given the power accumulation quirk from his brother, the BBEG of the series known simply as All For One, whose quirk (also called All For One. Get it? All For One and One For All? Heh) allows him to take quirks from others for himself and to give quirks to other people. He gave his brother the power accumulation quirk for unknown reasons and that ended up merging with his quirk that could be passed down to others.

Midoriya was actually the first user to discover that One For All contained the powers of previous users as far as I'm aware, as All Might never used anything other than the super strength power.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

SolarOracle wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:43 am Yeah, I was originally planning to do that, but since his limbs break even when the attack connects and works as intended, it didn't really work as a Side Effect.
Aaaaaaand rereading through the Side Effect flaw I notice it has an option to always happen even if it works. Yeah, gotta fix this build then.
Davies

Post by Davies »

I'd suggest phrasing it as Side Effect (becomes Impaired) for the little finger breaking, and Side Effect (becomes Disabled or Incapacitated) for the limb breaking, since I remember that usually putting him out of the fight.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

And interestingly enough theres evidence in the manga that Midoriya wasn't born quirkless but actually had one. the doctor who originally diagnosed him may have stolen his orginal quirk somehow. not confirmed canon at the time but there were some developments that hinted in that direction
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
SolarOracle

Grape Juice

Post by SolarOracle »

Mineta Minoru (Beginning/Around USJ Arc)

Identity: Mineta Minoru, Public Identity.
Height: 1.08 Meters.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Black.
Hair: Purple and black.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Mutant.
Group: U.A. Highschool class 1-A.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City.

Power Level 4 (PL 7 Quirk) - 63 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 2, Fighting 4, Awareness 0
Stamina 2, Dexterity 2, Intellect 0, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Pop Off
Leaping 2 (30 feet) (Flaws: Limited to bouncing on the user’s thrown hair spheres). [1]
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling). [2]

Throw Hair Spheres: Ranged Affliction 10 (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobilized and Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to two degrees). (20) -- [21]
  • AE: Stick Hair Sphere to Objects: Ranged Affliction 10 (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobilized and Defenseless) (Extras: Triggered - Someone Touches the Hair Ball, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Limited to it being triggered whenever someone touches the sphere regardless of user’s will). (11)
Advantages
Evasion, Move-by-Action, Ranged Attack 2

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4 total).
Athletics 3 (+3 total).
Deception 4 (+4 total).
Expertise (Student) 7 (+7 total).
Insight 2 (+2 total).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Persuasion 2 (+2 total).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +4, close damage 0.
Hair Spheres +4, ranged affliction (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobilized and Defenseless), Dodge DC 20.

Defense
Dodge 3, Fortitude 3, Parry 4, Toughness 2, Will 1

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Cool Hero!: Mineta was never popular or admired during his whole life, living like an outsider of sorts. He wants to become a hero because he sees them as cool and people to be admired, so he can have fans and general praise and adoration, especially from women.

Pervert: Mineta is very perverted and generally obsessed with sex and women. This has led him to have a very bad reputation.

Part of His Hair: Mineta’s quirk, Pop Off, manifests itself as his hair and quickly regenerates when removed to be thrown at targets. However, if he removes too many spheres in quick succession, he will damage his scalp and begin to bleed.

20 Abilities, 24 Powers, 4 Advantages, 12 Skills, 3 Defenses = 63 Character Points

About: Mineta is an incredibly perverted guy, to the point of that being effectively his only character trait. He seems to be close friend with Kaminari, with both of them oftenly being together on their perverted schemes, and seems to be close to other people, but made fun of and cut off by others whenever he is acting like a creep, usually by Asui or by Jiro. Other than that, he tends to act in a cowardly way, prefering to escape than to fight.

Mineta has had a few fights and character moments, like when he teamed up with Midoriya and Asui during the USJ arc and helped them defeat the villains attacking them, with his quirk, Pop Off, that allows him to remove sticky spheres from his hair and throw them, being a big part of Midoriya's plan. His most notable character moment for me was when he was paired with Sero in the finals exams against teacher Midnight, with him remembering why he wants to be a hero and how he always felt like an outsider, being probably the only likeable moment he had for me.

A lot of people HATE Mineta, and, yeah, I can't say I don't see why. I don't despise him or anything, but other than Uraraka, he is probably the character in class 1-A I care for the least. His quirk is pretty interesting tho, and seeing him developing it is pretty cool. This build, like Sero's, feels kind of awkward to me due to gigantic text wall I had to put to represent his attacks, and I can't shake the feeling that there probably some better way to do it, but I couldn't think of any.

Outfits: Mineta is normally shown in his school uniform, like his classmates from U.A. highschool. His hero costume is a purple bodysuit with a facemask that leaves his hair exposed, so he can use his quirk, and large yellow boots, cape and gloves. He also wears a pair of oversized white pants with a purple line in the middle and sticky purple dots in them he uses to carry small objects if he needs them.

Fresh-Picked Hero: Grape Juice (Midway/Around Provisional License Exam Arc)

Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City, Heights Alliance 1-A Dormitory.

Power Level 5 (PL 8 Quirk, PL 9 Grape Rush) - 78 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 2, Fighting 5, Awareness 0
Stamina 2, Dexterity 3, Intellect 0, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Pop Off
Leaping 2 (30 feet) (Flaws: Limited to bouncing on the user’s thrown hair spheres). [1]

Throw Hair Spheres: Ranged Affliction 10 (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobilized and Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to two degrees). (20) -- [22]
  • AE: Stick Hair Sphere to Objects: Ranged Affliction 10 (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobilized and Defenseless) (Extras: Triggered - Someone Touches the Hair Ball, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Limited to it being triggered whenever someone touches the sphere regardless of user’s will). (11)
  • AE: Super Move! - Grape Rush: Ranged Affliction 10 (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobilized and Defenseless) (Extras: Accurate, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Limited to only being usable is user moves toward target) (11)
Advantages
Evasion, Move-by-Action, Ranged Attack 3

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4 total).
Athletics 3 (+3 total).
Deception 4 (+4 total).
Insight 2 (+2 total).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Persuasion 2 (+2 total).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +5, close damage 0.
Hair Spheres +6, ranged affliction (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobilized and Defenseless), Dodge DC 20.
Grape Rush +8, ranged affliction (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobilized and Defenseless), Dodge DC 20.

Defense
Dodge 7, Fortitude 4, Parry 7, Toughness 2, Will 3

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Cool Hero!: Mineta was never popular or admired during his whole life, living like an outsider of sorts. He wants to become a hero because he sees them as cool and people to be admired, so he can have fans and general praise and adoration, especially from women.

Pervert: Mineta is very perverted and generally obsessed with sex and women. This has led him to have a very bad reputation.

Part of His Hair: Mineta’s quirk, Pop Off, manifests itself as his hair and quickly regenerates when removed to be thrown at targets. However, if he removes too many spheres in quick succession, he will damage his scalp and begin to bleed.

24 Abilities, 25 Powers, 5 Advantages, 12 Skills, 12 Defenses = 78 Character Points

About: A build representing Mineta during the Provisional License Arc. He gains a minor increase on his ranged attacks and pretty good boost on his defenses. I also added his most famous move, the Grape Rush, where he charges towards his opponent using his quirk.

Fresh-Picked Hero: Grape Juice (Now/Around Paranormal Liberation Front Arc)

Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City, Heights Alliance 1-A Dormitory.

Power Level 6 (PL 9 Quirk, PL 10 Grape Rush) - 91 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 2, Fighting 5, Awareness 0
Stamina 2, Dexterity 3, Intellect 0, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Pop Off

Throw Hair Spheres: Ranged Affliction 10 (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobilized and Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to two degrees). (20) -- [23]
  • AE: Super Move! - Grape Rush: Ranged Affliction 10 (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobilized and Defenseless) (Extras: Accurate, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Limited to only being usable is user moves toward target) (11)
  • AE: Super Move! - Grape Buckler: Deflect 9. (9)
Advantages
Defensive Roll, Evasion, Move-by-Action, Ranged Attack 5

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6 total).
Athletics 4 (+4 total).
Deception 4 (+4 total).
Insight 2 (+2 total).
Perception 5 (+5 total).
Persuasion 2 (+2 total).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +5, close damage 0.
Hair Spheres +8, ranged affliction (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobilized and Defenseless), Dodge DC 20.
Grape Rush +10, ranged affliction (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobilized and Defenseless), Dodge DC 20.

Defense
Dodge 9, Fortitude 6, Parry 9, Toughness 2/3*, Will 4
*3 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

24 Abilities, 26 Powers, 8 Advantages, 14 Skills, 19 Defenses = 91 Character Points

About: A build representing Mineta currently on the manga. He gained a technique called Grape Buckler (which sounds really cool to me and I don’t know why), which is him using spheres of his hair to block incoming attacks. Other than that, he improved his skills quite a bit, gaining a 1.5 PL improvement overall and being now a PL 6 defensively and a PL 8 offensively.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SolarOracle

Creati

Post by SolarOracle »

Yaoyorozu Momo (Beginning/Around USJ Arc)

Identity: Yaoyorozu Momo, Public Identity.
Height: 1.73 Meters
Hair: Black.
Quirk Type: Emitter.
Group: U.A. High School class 1-A.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City.

Power Level 4 - 89 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 1, Fighting 4, Awareness 2
Stamina 2, Dexterity 1, Intellect 4, Presence 1

Powers
Quirk - Creation
Variable (Objects) 3 (Flaws: Source - Body Fat, Limited to objects the user knows the chemical and structural composition of). [17]

Support Item - The Yaoyorictionary: (Flaws: Removable). [1]
Feature: Contains information on the chemical and structural composition of several objects. (1)

Advantages
Assessment: Benefits 2: Wealthy Family, Close Attack, Set-Up, Leadership, Ranged Attack 4, Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 3 (+3 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+8 total).
Expertise (Piano) 2 (+6 total).
Expertise (Student) 10 (+14 total).
Insight 6 (+8 total).
Investigation 2 (+6 total).
Perception 8 (+10 total).
Persuasion 2 (+3 total).
Technology 1 (+5 total).
Treatment 3 (+7 total).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +8, close damage 0.
Armed +5, close damage --.
Ranged +5, ranged damage --.

Defense
Dodge 5, Fortitude 3, Parry 6, Toughness 2, Will 5

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero!: Yaoyorozu is studying at U.A. High School's hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like her classmates. What type of hero she desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

Sense of Responsibility: Because of the nature of her power, Yaoyorozu has to be very careful about the things she creates, as she could effectively cheat her way through life creating all she wants whenever she wants. She feels like that would be irresponsible and wrong, and refuses to create things that would benefit only herself in vain ways, like money or jewelry, unless that would be relevant to her current goal.

30 Abilities, 18 Powers, 11 Advantages, 20 Skills, 10 Defenses = 89 Character Points

About: Yaoyorozu is an intelligent and level-headed chick who is one fo the most dedicated students in her class. Originally, Yaoyorozu seemed to be a confidant person, but eventually became insecure of herself and her abilities due to being defeated by Tokoyami in the school's sport festival, but tends to regain her composure when the situation calls for it, being a very natural leader. Her quirk, Creation, is extremely powerful, allowing her to create any objects she knows the composition of from her body.

Yaoyorozu lived a very sheltered life due to her wealthy family, and, because of that, enjoys being able to have "normal" experiences, like having her friends and classmates over to tutor them. She gets a fair bit of character development throughout the series, with her losing her confidance and slowly regaining it, and has had some prominent roles in the series at points, like assisting Midoriya, Kirishima and Iida in rescuing Bakugo from the villains.

Yaoyorozu is probably one of the most interesting background characters for me because of how cool and insane her power is. Her build ended up being PL 4, but her offensive potential in all builds is higher because of her being able to create any weaponry she wants from when the situation calls for it, so I didn't really bother calculating it.

Outfits: Yaoyorozu is usually seen in her school uniform, like other U.A. students. Her hero costume is a red sleeveless leotard with a high collar that purposefully exposes a lot of her skin so she can effectivelly use her powers (it has been stated that she wanted her uniform to expose even more skin, but that it was vetoed due to it bordering on indecent exposure). She also wears a yellow belt that holds her Yaoyorictionary, a book containing the structural and chemical composure of various objects in case she needs to create them, and a pair of high red boots.

Everything Hero: Creati (Midway/Around Provisional License Arc)

Power Level 5 - 112 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 1, Fighting 5, Awareness 2
Stamina 2, Dexterity 2, Intellect 4, Presence 1

Powers
Quirk - Creation
Variable (Objects) 5 (Flaws: Source - Body Fat, Limited to objects the user knows the chemical and structural composition of). [29]

Feature: Contains information on the chemical and structural composition of several objects. (1)

Advantages
Assessment, Benefits 2: Wealthy Family, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll, Set-Up, Leadership, Ranged Attack 5, Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 4 (+4 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9 total).
Insight 8 (+10 total).
Perception 9 (+11 total).
Persuasion 3 (+4 total).
Technology 1 (+5 total).
Treatment 3 (+7 total).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +9, close damage 0.
Armed +7, close damage --.
Ranged +7, ranged damage --.

Defense
Dodge 6, Fortitude 5, Parry 7, Toughness 2/3*, Will 5
*3 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero!: Yaoyorozu is studying at U.A. High School's hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like her classmates. What type of hero she desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

Sense of Responsibility: Because of the nature of her power, Yaoyorozu has to be very careful about the things she creates, as she could effectively cheat her way through life creating all she wants whenever she wants. She feels like that would be irresponsible and wrong, and refuses to create things that would benefit only herself in vain ways, like money or jewelry, unless that would be relevant to her current goal.

Inferiority Complex: After being easily defeated by Tokoyami during U.A.’s sports festival, Yaoyorozu began doubting herself and her abilities, despite being quite amazing by herself.

34 Abilities, 30 Powers, 13 Advantages, 22 Skills, 13 Defenses = 112 Character Points

About: A build representing Yaoyorozu during the Provisional License Arc. I increased her variable effect by 2, meant to represent her training her quirk, and increased her unarmed combat capabilities up to PL 5.

Everything Hero: Creati (Now/Around Paranormal Liberation Front Arc)

Power Level 7 - 130 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 1, Fighting 5, Awareness 2
Stamina 2, Dexterity 2, Intellect 4, Presence 1

Powers
Quirk - Creation
Variable (Objects) 6 (Flaws: Source - Body Fat, Limited to objects the user knows the chemical and structural composition of). (35) -- [36]
  • AE: Super Move! - Yaoyorozu’s Lucky Bag: Ranged Variable (Objects) 4 (Extras: Affects Others) (Flaws: Source - Body Fat, Limited to objects the user knows the chemical and structural composition of). (31)

Advantages
Assessment, Benefits 2: Wealthy Family, Close Attack 4, Defensive Roll 2, Set-Up, Leadership, Ranged Attack 6, Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 7 (+7 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10 total).
Insight 9 (+11 total).
Perception 9 (+11 total).
Persuasion 3 (+4 total).
Technology 1 (+5 total).
Treatment 3 (+7 total).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +10, close damage 0.
Armed +9, close damage --.
Ranged +8, ranged damage --.

Defense
Dodge 7, Fortitude 6, Parry 9, Toughness 2/4*, Will 5
*4 with Defensive Roll.

Complications

Inferiority Complex: After being easily defeated by Tokoyami during U.A.’s sports festival, Yaoyorozu began doubting herself and her abilities, despite being quite amazing by herself.

34 Abilities, 37 Powers, 17 Advantages, 24 Skills, 18 Defenses = 130 Character Points

About: Yaoyorozu currently in the manga. She developed a move called Yaoyorozu’s Lucky Bag, where she shoots a packet containing beneficial items to her allies with a cannon. I made that as a ranged variable effect with a smaller rank than her default creation, as it is probably harder for her to visualize and create the items in the bag than her creating a normal item, with the ranged part being her shooting it at her allies. It still kinda feels like an awkward way to represent this power, but it’s the best I managed to come up with. She now has PL 6.5 defenses, and her offensive PL depending on the objects she creates.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

And with that, the class 1-A builds are all here! I'll start posting the class B builds soon, but I'll probably wait until finals are over before then, I don't know. I already have a few Class B builds done, but I've not been having a lot of free time to finish the rest of them, LOL. I'll start posting them in the near future.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

MOMO CHAN!! yeah i adore momo shes awesome especially voiced by Coleen Clinkenbeard

only critique id offer for her is her power

the limit on her power isnt food. her power is based on the amount of skin she has uncovered which as you pointed out in the build is why they nixed her first costume idea, her power uses the leukocytes in her system so yeah she does have a VERY healthy appetite and if she uses her powers too much can wear herself out and need to consume a huge quantity of food (definitely a complication Must consume high quantities of food to fuel powers)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Davies

Re: Creati

Post by Davies »

SolarOracle wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:04 pm Sense of Responsibility: Because of the nature of her power, Yaoyorozu has to be very careful about the things she creates, as she could effectively cheat her way through life creating all she wants whenever she wants. She feels like that would be irresponsible and wrong, and refuses to create things that would benefit only herself in vain ways, like money or jewelry, unless that would be relevant to her current goal.
... quirks are semi-hereditary in this series, right? I have the suspicion that Momo is this way in large part because other members of her family aren't nearly as scrupulous.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

catsi563 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:30 pm the limit on her power isnt food. her power is based on the amount of skin she has uncovered which as you pointed out in the build is why they nixed her first costume idea, her power uses the leukocytes in her system so yeah she does have a VERY healthy appetite and if she uses her powers too much can wear herself out and need to consume a huge quantity of food (definitely a complication Must consume high quantities of food to fuel powers)
Oh, true. I think I'll change it to "Source - Fat" then or something like that.
Davies wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:48 pm
SolarOracle wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:04 pm Sense of Responsibility: Because of the nature of her power, Yaoyorozu has to be very careful about the things she creates, as she could effectively cheat her way through life creating all she wants whenever she wants. She feels like that would be irresponsible and wrong, and refuses to create things that would benefit only herself in vain ways, like money or jewelry, unless that would be relevant to her current goal.
... quirks are semi-hereditary in this series, right? I have the suspicion that Momo is this way in large part because other members of her family aren't nearly as scrupulous.
Heh, never really thought about that, but that's a very good point. I guess we will have to wait to see if we get to know more about her family.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

I'M BACK, BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Finals were hell and my PC broke in the middle of them. I got my hands on an old notebook of mine finally tho, so I'll finally get back to posting the builds. Onto class B!
SolarOracle

Class 1-B

Post by SolarOracle »

So, while most of the story focuses on class 1-A, we do get to see a few other U.A. students. The way classes work is that the top students from the entrance exam get picked to class A and others who performed well get picked to class B, with 20 on each class total, and a few students in both classes who got in through reccomendations. Classes C, D and E are from the general education department, a department that focuses on "normal" studies instead of hero studies, classed F, G and H are from the support department, a department that focuses on support item and invention development studies, and classes I, J and K are from the management department, which focuses on hero-centered business, hero management and the executive production of heroes. We are yet to see basically anything from the management department, but throughout the series, we get to see quite a bit of class 1-B, as well as a few students from the support and general education departments.

There are a few class B characters that are more interesting concept-wise than some class A characters, and we get to see the most of class B during the school festival arc, training camp arc and most of all, the joint training battle arc, where we see the students of class A and B being put against each other in training battles.

Aditionally, there seems to be some rivalry and grudge among class B students against class A, tho most of the class B characters seem to be chill with class A, the exception being Monoma, whose whole character is basically him taunting class A all the time. That also seems to be a thing with Vlad King, the homeroom teacher of class B, who is shown cheering for class B during the joint training arc despite him saying that he and Eraserhead would remain neutral.

Aight, guess that's all I had to say. Onto the builds!
SolarOracle

Welder

Post by SolarOracle »

Welder

Identity: Awase Yosetsu, Public Identity.
Height: 1.72 meters.
Eyes: Grey.
Group: U.A. High School class 1-B.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City, Heights Alliance 1-B Dormitory.

Power Level 8 (PL 10 Weldcraft) - 105 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 1, Agility 1, Fighting 6, Awareness 2
Stamina 3, Dexterity 2, Intellect 0, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Weld
Feature: May atomically fuse objects together. [1]

Weld to Body: Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to carrying weight). [2]

Super Move! - Weldcraft: Ranged Affliction 10 (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobile and Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition, Cumulative) (Flaws: Diminished Range, Limited Degree, Source - Steel Logs). [28]

Support Items - Costume With Welded Shields: (Flaws: Removable). [2]
Protection 2. (2)

Advantages
Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll, Great Endurance, Ranged Attack 2

Skills
Athletics 6 (+7 total).
Deception 2 (+2 total).
Expertise (Student) 10 (+10 total).
Insight 5 (+7 total).
Perception 2 (+4 total).
Persuasion 3 (+3 total).
Ranged Combat (Steel Logs) 6 (+10 total).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +8, close damage 1.
Weldcraft +10, ranged affliction (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobile and Defenseless), Dodge DC 20.

Defense
Dodge 7, Fortitude 7, Parry 10, Toughness 3/6*, Will 6
*6 with outfit and Defensive Roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Become a Hero!: Awase is studying at U.A. High School's hero course, aiming to one day become a hero, much like his classmates. What type of hero he desires to be and why has been left unexplained.

30 Abilities, 33 Powers, 6 Advantages, 18 Skills, 18 Defenses = 105 Character Points

About: Awase is a serious and usually silent guy who usually speaks in a very harsh way. His quirk, Weld, allows him to fuse any two objects he is touching together, apparently at an atomic level, which he can unfuse later at will, an ability he is very confident in and in his ability to use.

Awase had a bit of screentime during the training camp arc, where he used his quirk to fuse an injured Yaoyorozu to himself so he could help her run away from the Chainsaw Nomu that was chasing them. He later used his quirk to fuse a tracker Yaoyorozu made with her quirk to said Nomu due to her asking him to.

Awase is a pretty bland backgrounder to me, only really being noticeable because of his headband. His quirk, tho, is a pretty cool concept to me, as I don't think I've ever seen a power like that in any other media, and because of how he manages to use it in combat, like he fusing metal logs to people to hold them in place and stuff, as well as him being great for rescue situations due to him being able to fuse others to his body and carry them. His display of heroism in the training camp arc is really cool to me as well, with him not letting go of Yaoyorozu despite him being desperately scared and her somewhat slowing him down, simply because that was the heroic thing to do. I'm kind of curious to see what the author has planned for him in the future (if he even gets to do stuff again, LOL, who knows).

Outfits: Usually, Awase wears his school outfit. His hero costume constitutes of a bodysuit with a wide collar-piece that covers his lower face and a pair of shoulder pads. His costume has shields welded to it to aid in protecting him and has a belt bag that has pieces of wood and metal he can use for his quirk. Other than that, he is always seen wearing a headband, both in casual, school and hero clothing.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Oh, and speaking of class B, I just gotta mention their presentation for the culture festival, which was a play that was a gigantic mixture of a bunch of fantasy works. I laughed for, like, a few minute when they showed their play in the manga.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, awesome! Good to see this thread start up again! I feel bad because I missed commenting on your last two builds- I could have sworn I'd said something about Grape Juice,l but I must have read his bio while at work and forgot to comment when I got home. I always feel bad when I miss out on commenting like that, lol. I was always curious about that ball-headed dude in the backgrounds.

If he's the token "Deformed Pervert Midget" character, I can see a lot of fans hating him. His power being more "stick people together" than "KO people in cool ways" might not help his case, either.

So "Creati" is the Fanservice girl dressed like Mai Shiranui- I kinda dig the background of "confident but sheltered smart person who's now struck by a lot of reality"- it can humanize what is often a VERY common trope- the "Upperclass Schoolgirl". In fact, it looks like a lot of MHA characters don't just take superhero tropes and play with them, but it seems to be shifting MANGA tropes around, too!