Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Bears & Canines

Post by Jabroniville »

BEARS & CANINES:
-Rifts Canada now goes into stats for many North American animals, which are rather same-y given the system has hundreds of potential damage requirements. Black Bears only have 25 less max HP than do Polar Bears, for example. Most have four attacks, with good bonuses to hit. Alas, there are no Mega-Wolves.
Jabroniville

Mutant Mega-Damage Bear

Post by Jabroniville »

MUTANT MEGA-DAMAGE BEAR
Role:
Giant Apex Predator, Mama Bear
PL 10 (87)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+7)
Intimidation 13 (+12 Size)
Percpetion 6 (+7)
Stealth 5 (+6, +3 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Close Attack, Diehard, Extraodinary Effort, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons) 2, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Startle

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 4 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking) [4]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
"Natural Weapons- Claws & Teeth" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Natural Size" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) [3]
Regeneration 1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Natural Weapons +9 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +8

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Bears cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.
Responsibility (Cubs)- If you mess with a Mother Bear's cubs, you WILL die. Don't even try it.

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 15 (87)

-There is, of course, a Mega-Damage version of the Bear. An estimated 5-7% of Grizzlies and Kodiaks are mutated such (possibly by Ley Lines), and 10-12% of Polar Bears. But their Toughness is the same because of how I condensed M.D.C. into M&M toughness, lol. Their damage does extra, though, and they have the Bear's good attack numbers- four, plus +4 to hit in some cases. This pushes them into PL 9.5 territory.
Jabroniville

Cadborosaurus

Post by Jabroniville »

CADBOROSAURUS
Role:
Large Underwater Creature
PL 10 (97)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 11 (+11 Size)
Perception 5 (+6)
Stealth 10 (+5 Size)

Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Fast Grab, Improved Hold

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent, Direction Sense, Analytical Taste 2, Tracking) [5]

"Underwater Physiology"
Swimming 4 (8 mph) [4]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]
Immunity 2 (Drowning, Pressure) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
Immunity 6 (Cold, Cold Damage) [6]
"Bio-Regeneration" Regeneration 4 [4]

"Seventy-Five Vertebrae"
Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach 4) [5]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]
Strength-Damage +2 [2]
Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 3) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Bite +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +9, Fortitude +9, Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Plesiosaurs cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.
Weakness (Cold Climates)- The Age of Reptiles was a much hotter time period than our own. Creatures from that era will be more susceptible to Cold and Ice-based attacks.
Weakness (Aquatic)- Aquatic reptiles are heavily-dependent upon the water. If left outside of it, the creatures will be unable to move, and quickly dehydrate. Elasmosaurus will even be unable to support it's own head.

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 44 / Defenses: 22 (97)

-Cadborosaurus isn't a real animal- they're a Cryptid hailing from the waters around Vancouver Island- nicknamed "Caddie", it's your standard "Plesiosaur Build", with people imagining a long-necked aquatic animal. Thousands are now said to inhabit the region on Rifts Earth, making the waters highly treacherous. Finding dolphins and whales too fast and smart to catch, Caddies instead attack boats to gobble up their humanoid drivers. I REALLY love the look Ramon Perez gave this thing in the art- it looks almost real, despite combining fish fins with the plesiosaur traits like the long neck. The guy was really a singular talent on the books, with a lot more versatility than Vince Martin or Kevin Long.

-Caddies are elite hunters, but only have respectable M.D.C.- they can't just tank anything. However, they have solid attacks, great defense, and do a TON of damage, making them PL 10 brawlers with PL 9 defenses.
Davies

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Fury Beetle, Mutant Bear, Cadborosaurus)

Post by Davies »

... so I guess all the rifts tore open a seaway between Queen Charlotte Strait and Okanagan Lake?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:31 am ... so I guess all the rifts tore open a seaway between Queen Charlotte Strait and Okanagan Lake?
Oh, don't worry- the next build features Okanagan's own cryptid :).
Davies

Post by Davies »

And I managed to miss the "this is a thing that supposedly exists" note on that post. <sigh> Getting old ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
scc

Post by scc »

I finally started to look at this thread. I knew nothing about RIFTS. But wow the world is fascinating and I really love some of the concepts and art. And now I am interested. I actually followed one of your links to the FATAL & Friends site. And the first thing I click on takes me to a review of Rifts World Book 16 Federation of Magic. And I found this picture.

Is this from a RIFTS or Palladium book? Is this a character from these books? Does Jab know about this? ;-)
scc

Post by scc »

The quote underneath the picture is funny. ""I only cast it for the protection, I swear it's not a fetish thing."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:50 pm I finally started to look at this thread. I knew nothing about RIFTS. But wow the world is fascinating and I really love some of the concepts and art. And now I am interested. I actually followed one of your links to the FATAL & Friends site. And the first thing I click on takes me to a review of Rifts World Book 16 Federation of Magic. And I found this picture.

Is this from a RIFTS or Palladium book? Is this a character from these books? Does Jab know about this? ;-)
If only they didn't have WAYNE BREAUX draw it, lol. It's not fair! Get Ramon Perez to draw a Giantess!

(though Breaux actually IS a fetish illustrator these days. He even has an account on a foundry website that I absolutely never visit!
scc

Post by scc »

Thanks for the information so I won't accidentally go to that, what was the name again? Oh yes the foundry website. Better write that down.
scc

Post by scc »

So is this illustration from one of the Rifts books? I agree the art style for the giantess is not my favorite but still back i the day I would have been happy to find any giantess material in my RPGs.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:56 pm So is this illustration from one of the Rifts books? I agree the art style for the giantess is not my favorite but still back i the day I would have been happy to find any giantess material in my RPGs.
It's in the Federation of Magic book, yeah. Possibly shared from elsewhere, as Palladium was INFAMOUS for re-using old art. The ninja stuff from Ninjas and Superspies appears in Rifts repeatedly.
Jabroniville

Ogopogo

Post by Jabroniville »

OGOPOGO- ADULT
Role:
Intelligent M.D.C. Monster
PL 13 (250 + Magic & Psionics)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 14 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+12)
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 10 (+13)
Expertise (History) 10 (+13)
Expertise (Demon & Monster Lore) 8 (+11)
Intimidation 8 (+12, +14 Size)
Perception 7 (+10)
Stealth 11 (+14, +9 Size)
Technology 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Grab, Languages 3 (Many)

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 8 (Low-Light Vision, Vision Penetrates Concealment, Direction Sense, Analytical Taste) [8]
Concealment 2 (Vision) [4]

"Sea Creature"
Swimming 6 (30 mph) [6]
Immunity 13 (Pressure, Cold, Drowning, Cold Effects) [13]

"Natural Size" Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]
Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Extreme Length" Elongation 2 [2]
Protection 4 [4]
Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [11]

"Teleport Self" Teleport 10 (Extras: Extended, Accurate) (40) -- [41]
  • AE: "Spray Water" Affliction 8 (Strength; Dazed/Stunned) (Feats: Knockback 2, Extra Range 1) (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (11)
Features 2: Blood Burns Like Acid When Hot [2]

"Metamorphosis"
Morph 1 (Human Form) (Feats: Metamorph) (6) -- [8]
  • AE: Morph 1 (Barracuda Form) (Feats: Metamorph) (6)
  • AE: Morph 1 (Salmon Form) (Feats: Metamorph) (6)
"Psionics" (All Sensitive powers, plus 1D4+2 from either Healing or Physical)
"Magic" (All Dimensional Powers & Magic Spells Known to "True" Dragons)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +18, Fortitude +14, Will +9

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Ogopogo lack arms.
Vulnerable (Fire)- Fire does extra damage when Ogopogo are outside of water.

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 70--35 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 111 + Magic & Psionics / Defenses: 20 (250 + Magic & Psionics)

-OMG YES THEY INCLUDED OGOPOGO! Probably the second-most-famous individual Lake Monster in the world, Ogopogo is the serpentine monster said to inhabit Lake Okanagan in British Columbia. Here, Ogopogo are said to be Dragons thought by most dimensional scholars to have been lost centuries ago- this appears to be a mated pair who became trapped on Earth when Atlantis vanished, taking all magic with it. These creatures were thus stuck here for good, but found the lack of be a place of "solitude and peace", and came to enjoy their time here. They started a family, which had grown by the time the Great Cataclysm erupted and magic returned- now admiring humanity, they protected the people of Lady Okanagan using their reborn magic powers. They now serve as allies, advisors, friends and protectors.

-The entire family is detailed: Rynnex is the most powerful and the father (all Elemental Water & Ice Spells, plus others). Wise and cunning, he is greatly respected. His mate is Marlyna, and is of similar nature. Pryaxis is the elder brother, knowing all Wizard Spells Levels 1-5 plus a few more. Crysta is the same age and knows all Water Warlock Spells from Levels 1-8 plus a few more. Pogolii is a younger sister, and knows all Water Warlock Spells from Levels 1-4, and all 1st Level Wizard Spells, plus a few more. Olagylyna is the same age, and is the most manipulative, vengeful and cruel (the book says she wants people to worship her, and is considering leaving her hated family)- she knows all Water Warlock Spells Levels 1-2, all 1st Level Wizard Spells, plus quite a few more. Ogo is a male the same age as those two- he is cocky, bold and reckless, and may be trouble in the future. He knows all 1st Level Water Warlock Spells and a few Wizard spells. At only 190 years old, these three are "babies".

-The art here is pretty rad- a wisened old serpentine monster with a friendly "Jay Leno Chin" and Perez's distinctive linework and other traits. The book gives you two potential options for future stories- Rynnex has a cousin that is presumed lost, and someone stole an egg of theirs 190 years ago.

-Ogopogo are extremely powerful as adults, sporting thousands of M.D.C. and doing a lot of damage, in addition to being freakishly accurate (seven attacks plus a bonus to hit). They're on of those "can take just about anything" Monsters the game seems to present at least one of in every Rifts book.

OGOPOGO- HATCHLING
Role:
Intelligent M.D.C. Monster
PL 9 (200 + Magic & Psionics)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 8 (+8)
Expertise (History) 8 (+9)
Expertise (Demon & Monster Lore) 8 (+9)
Intimidation 8 (+10, +12 Size)
Perception 7 (+7)
Stealth 14 (+15, +10 Size)
Technology 7 (+8)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Grab, Languages 3 (Many)

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 8 (Low-Light Vision, Vision Penetrates Concealment, Direction Sense, Analytical Taste) [8]
Concealment 2 (Vision) [4]
"Intuitive Magic" Features 1: May Use Any Techno-Wizard Device, Read Magic, etc. [1]

"Sea Creature"
Swimming 5 (16 mph) [5]
Immunity 13 (Pressure, Cold, Drowning, Cold Effects) [13]

"Natural Size" Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]
Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Extreme Length" Elongation 2 [2]
Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [11]

"Teleport Self" Teleport 10 (Extras: Extended, Accurate) (40) -- [41]
  • AE: "Spray Water" Affliction 8 (Strength; Dazed/Stunned) (Feats: Knockback 2, Extra Range 1) (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (11)
Features 2: Blood Burns Like Acid When Hot [2]

"Metamorphosis"
Morph 1 (Human Form) (Feats: Metamorph) (6) -- [8]
  • AE: Morph 1 (Barracuda Form) (Feats: Metamorph) (6)
  • AE: Morph 1 (Salmon Form) (Feats: Metamorph) (6)
"Psionics" (Six from Sensitive or Healing)
"Magic" (None to start; learn quickly)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +11, Fortitude +11, Will +6

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Ogopogo lack arms.
Vulnerable (Fire)- Fire does extra damage when Ogopogo are outside of water.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 107 + Magic & Psionics / Defenses: 15 (200 + Magic & Psionics)

-Like most Dragon-like entities, the Ogopogo also have a "Hatchling" variant, which has the standard- issue confusing Rifts rules that differentiate physical prowess and M.D.C., but keep the same notes for Skills. Like, do they just have the same Skill overall? Ogopogo Hatchlings have VASTLY less M.D.C. than adults do, sporting about 80-380 instead of thousands of the stuff.
Jabroniville

Faerie Bots

Post by Jabroniville »

FAERIE BOTS
Role:
Tiny Magical Mech-Pilots, The Kender
PL 9 (144 + Magic & Psionics)
STRENGTH
-3 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 1 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 8 (+5)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+3, +11 Size)
Technology 8 (+10)

Advantages:
Close Attack 5, Equipment 2 (Tools), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 1

Powers:
"Alien Senses" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
"Polarised Vision" Immunity 2 (Visual Dazzles) [2]

"Tiny Size" Shrinking 8 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (1 foot) [17]
(-2 Strength, +4 Defenses, +8 Stealth, -4 Intimidation, -1 Speed)

Quickness 6 (Flaws: Limited to Building & Fixing Machines) [3]
Flight +1 (Flaws: Affects Others Only +0, Limited to Vehicles, Source- Workshop Time) (1) -- [2]
  • AE: Speed +1 (Flaws: Affects Others Only +0, Limited to Vehicles, Source- Workshop Time) (1)
"Faerie Bot Vehicle" (Flaws: Removable) (Feats: Restricted 2- Only Faerie Bot) [66]
Enhanced Strength 5 (10)
Protection 8 (8)
"Sensory Tools" Senses 5 (Microvision, Extended Vision) (5)
"Proximity Alarm" Senses 4 (Radius Accurate Radio Sense) (4)
Communication 2 (Radio) (8)
Features 2: Tow Line, Aquatic (2)
"Universal Language Translator" Comprehend (Languages) 2 (4)
Flight 6 (120 mph) (12)
Laser Blast 10 (Feats: Extended Range) (21)
Enhanced Defenses 3 (6)
-- (80 points)

"Magic" (Globe of Daylight, Ingite Fire, Fuel Flame, Fire Bolt, Call Lightning, Energy Bolt, Energy Field, Impervious to Energy, Telekinesis)
"Psionics" (Empathy, Object Read, Mind Bolt, Telemechanics, Telemechanics- Mental Operation, Telemechanics- Paralysis)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (-3 Damage, DC 12)
Faerie Bot Arms +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Laser Blast +5 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2, Fortitude +5, Will +4
"Inside Faerie Bot Vehicle" Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Power Loss (Tech Skills- Computers)- Faerie Bots cannot figure out Computers or Artificial Intelligences.

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 91 + Magic & Psionics / Defenses: 5 (144 + Magic & Psionics)

-"Faerie Bots" are quirky little robotic creatures of mysterious origin. Only 8-12 inches tall, they cast magic and pranks like Faeries, often on "Big Folk"... but are aliens who ride around in basketball-sized robots. Living in groups of 3-12, they are often spotted in small groups that explore by themselves. Inquisitive, they do "Faerie Stuff" like make trouble somewhat accidentally- a frequent thing is to take apart the Power Armor and other gear that fascinate them so, vanishing when discovered, leaving a giant mess. And if allied with a band of adventurers, they tend to find it impossible to avoid taking apart EVERYONE'S gear, often getting sidetracked and forgetting to put them back together! So in short... the Faerie/Kender "Teammate Annoyer" type.

-Faerie Bots are pretty weak fighters on their own, but consistently fly about in hard-to-hit (-3, even with "called shots", which is a fancy way of saying they have extra Defenses) "Faerie Bot Vehicles", which allow them better strength, Toughness (120 M.D.C.!) and damaging capabilities, with a 2D6-3D6 Blaster! This turns them into PL 9 Mini-Blasters. When a Faerie Bot is killed, its machine disintegrates instantly, making it impossible to study the Techno-Wizard devices.
Jabroniville

Faerie Folk

Post by Jabroniville »

FAERIE FOLK:
-Here we get another description of the Faeries, Sprites, Brownies, Pixies and other "Little People" who inhabit the far eastern portion of Canada. The nastier ones (Pucks, Toadstools, Leprechauns, Nymphs) are further northeast. Cape Breton (now given its proper spelling) has a lot of Will-O-The-Wisps and poltergeists, as well as other types of ghosts. It tells you to read Rifts Conversion Book One and Monsters & Animals for all of those.