[OOC] Four Horsemen [Finished]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] Four Horsemen

Post by mrdent12 »

If the idea is to get the family as hostages, it certainly is possible. Y'all are powerful enough to do most anything you want against non powered resistance.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

We're using the family as hostages … but not taking them with us. Mike has his mental hooks in them. We do not need to physically do anything with them right now. It can all be managed from a distance. The people can kidnap themselves. Then kill each other if we don't get what we want.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

What kind of counter illusion and invisibility device do you have in mind? I generally encourage players to get creative, but need to understand the idea behind spectral glasses. Are they similar to thermal vision or something of that sort?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Perhaps something infused with a touch of enthropic power, 'decaying' the illusions from the wearer's perspective? As a suggestion, really.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Pure technological, no Horseman powers in how they work. though his powers might have been used in the construction.

The glass 'arms' have a forward facing ultrasonic emitter and the glass lenses are a double layer with a thin pocket of ionized Argon that gets 'excited' by the reflected soundwaves passing through it. The result is a super-imposed image of what is really there in 3-D, slighted greenish lighted topography, onto what they wearer is seeing. If they all line up, no problem. If they deviate, the wearer can spot the ghostly 'real' over the fake.
"Something pithy this way comes."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Ok, that will work. I am generally looking for more than a roll and it's done type thing that make sense given what the PC can do. There isn't super science type stuff in the setting, so while rolls are part of it descriptions also play a part
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

It's all somewhat feasible too.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sounds like something that'd work, so good going man.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

As long as it wasn't completely out there I'd be fine with it. Could have hand waved it a little with him infusing his power a little into the invention unbeknownst to him.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The loss of followers is felt by Cognagion in whichever body he takes. Mike was used as a convenient place holder.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Before Garald goes ahead and kills Mike, I want to make sure we're going to have Doctor Malsyn for the upcoming scene. What is our realistic deadline before moving out to the rig?

As I understand it takes 24 hours for Congangion to wiggle into a new host. It is already the evening when we find out about Leon having the Gold Bars.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

You know the tour is set around noon time. Given what you know of the others, they also have an idea of when the big events are and stake them out. That doesn't mean you can't gamble and wait for night time after the big visit now you know who has the seal.

I'd also allow expenditure of a HP to cut the time in half.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmm... I'll use that then, and consider maybe leaning into his Megalomania...
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I imagined we could/were using the ring to get to the rig as a group and doing stuff there the day beforehand, that way we could bring the boxes of stuff with us (in the same way Kaito's van gets transported. Would that be easier/feasible?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'll adjust his statblock later today to comply with his new bodily changes, but the only thing that would really be changing are his physical attributes and some skills. Regarding his complication... He might try to cause trouble later, but for now, let's leave it as it described in my post.

Hope you enjoyed it by the way, wanted to experiment.
------------