Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Agent Wax

Post by Jabroniville »

AGENT WAX (something Wax)
Created By:
Joe Casey & Sean Phillips
First Appearance: Wildcats #15 (Nov. 2000)
Role: Super-Rapist
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: The Purple Man (uses mental powers to convince a woman she loves him)
'90s Ratio: 6/10 (wears a trenchcoat; is a rapist)
Group Affiliations: The Wildcats, The National Park Service
PL 8 (109)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Government Agent) 4 (+7)
Insight 2 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Benefit 1 (National Park Service Agent)

Powers:
Mind Control 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Touch Range -2) [32]
"False Appearance" Illusion (Visual) 5 (Flaws: Perception-Check) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Mind Control +8 Area (+8 Affliction)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Secret (Isn't Agent Downs)- Agent Wax has copied Agent Downs' appearance, marital status and job, and has to keep up the illusion.
Relationship (Agent Downs' Wife)- Wax was using his powers to have sex with her, but apparently grew attached to his victim, despite her apparently being an obnoxious, demanding sort.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 37 / Defenses: 10 (109)

-Agent Wax was an agent with the National Park Service, which was secretly studying super-powered beings, but was secretly a super-powered being himself, having Hypnotic & Suggestion-based powers. He ended up joining the Wildcats when they teamed up to fight a super-powered serial killer named Slaughterhouse Smith, and Spartan hired him to keep an eye on the NPS so they didn't investigate his team too much. Giving info to Spartan while working for the NPS, he was demoted by an awful superior named Agent Downs, and chose to get back at him by using his powers to rape the man's obnoxious wife (!!!), then hypnotically forced the man to kill himself and convince everyone at the NPS that HE was the boss! Um, great hire there, Spartan.

-So eventually he "Purple Mans" and falls in love with his rape victim, whom he's been sleeping with on the regular (as everyone thinks he's Agent Downs still). Spartan then LEARNS OF ALL THIS, yet keeps the man on to have a "second chance". He and Spartan apparently had a long chat about loyalty, friendship and the future. He was apparently an unknown once the World's End event happened, but he maybe died.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Helspont! Mister Majestic! Savant! T.A.O.!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

I thought TAO was fine.
Jabroniville

Capt. Pacheco

Post by Jabroniville »

CAPTAIN ANTHONY PACHECO
Created By:
Joe Casey & Sean Phillips
First Appearance: Wildcats #15 (Nov. 2000)
Role: Cop Ally
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: None
'90s Ratio: 4/10 (drug addicted cop)
Group Affiliations: The Wildcats, The Los Angeles Police Department

-Captain Pacheco is a side-character- an LA cop that took some meta-drugs to help him chase a super-drug-peddler- he quickly got addicted to the super-speed-enabling drugs, and sort of railroaded Spartan into accepting him as an ally (is every recruit in the Post-Moore Wildcats an amoral douchebag?).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Agent Orange

Post by Jabroniville »

AGENT ORANGE (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Joe Casey & Steve Dillon
First Appearance: WildC.A.T.s #37 (April 2001)
Role: Government Contract Killer
'90s Ratio: 7/10 (unemotional murderer in normal clothes)
Group Affiliations: U.S. Government, The Atomic Family, WildC.A.T.s
PL 9 (109)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE --

Skills:
Expertise (Government Agent) 4 (+7)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 6 (+8)

Advantages:
Benefit 1 (Government Agent), Equipment 3 (Twin Handguns- Blast 5- Split), Fast Grab, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Speed 6 (120 mph) [6]
Impervious Toughness 7 [7]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Handguns +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will --

Complications:
Disabled (Mute)
Vulnerable (Failsafe)- A failsafe trigger has been implanted in Agent Orange via a microchip- it can be used to create near-fatal shocks.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 5 (89)

-The man known only as Agent Orange apparently had his blood replaced with something called "Dioxin" as an experiment- this would normally be fatal, but he thrived and became super-strong. Never-speaking, he obeyed every order without question, and his superiors instructed and tracked him via a microchip implant. He tracked down Maul & Grifter from WildC.A.T.s for causing issues with the government, and he proved nearly unstoppable, being unhurt by all of Grifter's attacks, until their ally used some hacking to activate his microchip, shocking him and leaving him "inert". He later turned up as part of "The Atomic Family", a group of sleeper agents, and fought Grifter & C.C. Rendozzo- Grifter had his legs broken killing two members of the Family, and Spartan had to fly in to save the day. Spartan thus reprogrammed Agent ORange to serve as his mole within the FBI- he killed many Coda Assassins sent after him, but was ultimately beaten by their best assassin (Grand Sarin) and tortured, though he felt nothing. He finally killed Sarin while working with Zealot, and hasn't been seen since.

-Overall, he's a particular, weird story by Joe Casey- an unstoppable, unemotional government assassin who almost never seems to job. He's a PL 8 fighter & blaster with PL 9 toughness.
Jabroniville

Nemesis

Post by Jabroniville »

NEMESIS (Charis)
Created By:
Robbie Morrison & Talent Caldwell
First Appearance: Wildstorm Winter Special #1 (Jan. 2005)
Role: Mysterious Backstory Lady, Special Snowflake Character
'90s Ratio: 7/10 (hot chick with a sword that can CUT THROUGH ANYTHING; also, is a telepath)
Group Affiliations: The WildC.A.T.s, The Coda Assassins, The Adrasteans
PL 10 (187)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 7 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+13)
Deception 6 (+9)
Expertise (History) 7 (+10)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 7 (+10)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+7)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 6 (+9)
Stealth 3 (+8)
Technology 3 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment 3 (Clef Blade +2, Throwing Blades +4), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 3, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Kherubim Physiology"
Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Radiation) [4]
Regeneration 2 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [3]
Senses 1 (Extended Hearing) [1]

"Adrastean Physiology"
Mind-Reading 8 [16]
Senses 2 (Detect Thoughts- Ranged) [2]

"Swords That Can Cut Through Anything" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [12]
Strength-Damage +5 (Feats: Split, Improved Critical 3) (Extras: Penetrating 11) (20 points)

"Stealth Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [7]
Concealment (Visuals) 2 (4)
Force Field 4 (4)
-- (8 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Clef Blade +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Throwing Blades +8 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Lethal Blades +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5 (+9 Force Field), Fortitude +8, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (The Coda)- Coda must never, ever surrender.
Prejudice (Adrastean)- Charis is part of a sect of Kherubim who are discriminated against, and thus turned into a criminal underworld. Her fellow Coda hated her.
Enemy (The Brotherhood)- An offshoot of the Coda framed Charis for slaughtering many of their number.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 70--35 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 45 / Defenses: 14 (187)

-Nemesis was a Kherubim born with psychic powers- her people were originally a slave caste, but became a powerful underground criminal organization. She was caught by Majestic while trying to steal his weapon, but the two soon became friends, and then lovers- she received Coda training that was brutal and prolonged, as her Coda "Sisters" hated her type (the Adrasteans) and tried to kill her constantly. She and Majestic were forced to end their "secret" relationship when powerful politicians uncovered it and demanded Majestic sleep with Zealot (since both were rare fertile Kherubim), using their relationship as blackmail. She was on the ship that crashlanded on Earth centuries ago, and was framed by a Coda offshoot, who slew numerous Coda and blamed her- Majestic and Zealot thus hunted her.

-Nemesis has hunted this "Brotherhood" for centuries, and was finally discovered in 2005, where she killed some of them, then cut Majestic with her sword before escaping. Finally, he captured her and got the truth, which I guess nobody had bothered to learn before- she aided the Wildcats in a mission against some random bad guys, rebuffed the advances of Grifter, and then left Majestic, who had wanted to reconnect.

-Overall, the more I read about her backstory, the more I realized Nemesis is ABSOLUTELY one of those "Precious Pet Character" Mary Sues: she's a "Special Snowflake"- the only one of her people given Coda training. She has backstory attached to major characters (Majestic's ex-lover). She's a loner bad-ass and said to be one of the greatest Coda warriors ever. Both Grifter AND Majestic, the two main male characters of the series, are in love with her.

-Nemesis is such a Mary Sue she has swords made out of a device built to destroy the universe, which can even cut Mr. Majestic, and she also has Coda training and all sorts of other stuff (like psionics and even a STEALTH SUIT), so she's a highly-pricey PL 10 fighter. The fanwank in her bio alone could almost justify a PL 12, but I refuse on principle :).
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Nemesis

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:36 am Image

NEMESIS (Charis)
Created By:
Robbie Morrison & Talent Caldwell
First Appearance: Wildstorm Winter Special #1 (Jan. 2005)
Role: Mysterious Backstory Lady, Special Snowflake Character
'90s Ratio: 7/10 (hot chick with a sword that can CUT THROUGH ANYTHING; also, is a telepath)
Group Affiliations: The WildC.A.T.s, The Coda Assassins, The Adrasteans

-Overall, the more I read about her backstory, the more I realized Nemesis is ABSOLUTELY one of those "Precious Pet Character" Mary Sues: she's a "Special Snowflake"- the only one of her people given Coda training. She has backstory attached to major characters (Majestic's ex-lover). She's a loner bad-ass and said to be one of the greatest Coda warriors ever. Both Grifter AND Majestic, the two main male characters of the series, are in love with her.

-Nemesis is such a Mary Sue she has swords made out of a device built to destroy the universe, which can even cut Mr. Majestic, and she also has Coda training and all sorts of other stuff (like psionics and even a STEALTH SUIT), so she's a highly-pricey PL 10 fighter. The fanwank in her bio alone could almost justify a PL 12, but I refuse on principle :).
As someone who read the mini-series that introduced Nemesis and the mini-series starring her, Savant and the second Backlash, you were right on the money. She was a suddenly introduced character who had been wronged by everyone, persecuted for centuries, was completely in the right, a match for the best established characters, was the one who revealed/retconned the secret about Savant being Zealot's daughter rather than her sister, constantly egged Zealot to do "the right thing and tell her" despite Zealot never even hinting at that before, got to be snotty, self-righteous and condescending to everyone while also being right, not only had Coda Training by Empathic Abilities, grenades designed to target people based on their genetics, and oh right, swords that can cut through anything.

There's "I want to add a new character to the franchise" and then there's "my character is the new star of the WildCATs franchise".
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Looks like the guy who created Nemesis only did a bunch of 2000 A.D. stuff like Judge Dredd, with this being among his only American work. Kind of funny that even the guy doing the grizzled, dark Britcomic stuff was doing bog-standard "So this is my Special Snowflake Mary Sue character" nonsense, like the worst internet FanFic authors.
Jabroniville

Mythos

Post by Jabroniville »

MYTHOS (Xeno)
Created By:
Brandon Choi & Matt Broome
First Appearance: WildC.A.T.s #37 (April 1997)
Role: Speedster
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: N/A
'90s Ratio: 2/10 (wears regular clothes as a costume)
Group Affiliations: WildC.A.T.s, The Savant Garde

-Mythos has little to him- he was recruited by Olympia for her Wildcats team. He's a Kherubim with super-strength and speed-based powers, appearing as a blur on the battlefield (likely Area Damage and Multiattack).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:32 am Looks like the guy who created Nemesis only did a bunch of 2000 A.D. stuff like Judge Dredd, with this being among his only American work. Kind of funny that even the guy doing the grizzled, dark Britcomic stuff was doing bog-standard "So this is my Special Snowflake Mary Sue character" nonsense, like the worst internet FanFic authors.
Never was a fan of Robbie Morrison. So it's not surprising Nemesis sounds less interesting than the JSA Nemesis.
Jabroniville

Grifter II (Dolby)

Post by Jabroniville »

GRIFTER II (Edwin Dolby)
Created By:
Joe Casey & Dustin Nguyen
First Appearance: Wildcats 3.0 #1 (Oct. 2002)
Role: Assistant
'90s Ratio: 0/10 (actually a non-killing gun guy)
Group Affiliations: The Wildcats

-Edwin Dolby was the accountant of Jack "Spartan" Marlowe in Wildcats 3.0, but showed a natural talent for marksmanship and so was trained as Grifter's replacement when Grifter had his legs broken. Dolby, however, panicked on his first mission and crippled a man by accident, and thus had a mental breakdown. Marlowe was able to convince him to return, but he refused to ever kill anyone.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

C.C. Rendozzo

Post by Jabroniville »

CECILIA C. RENDOZZO
Created By:
Scott Lobdell & Travis Charest
First Appearance: WildC.A.T.s #2 (May 1999)
Role: Power Broker
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: N/A
'90s Ratio: 2/10 (badass longcoat)
Group Affiliations: WildC.A.T.s

-C.C. Rendozzo appears in a later volume of WildC.A.T.s, and is a criminal mastermind power-broker who sometimes brings her own hired guns with her. I guess she teams up with the team sometimes, but is mostly a big nuisance, blackmailing Lord Emp with his alien heritage (so that he will rescue her son, who'd been kidnapped by her ex, a government agent), or trying to find an FBI agent to hold for ransom. She is good enough with firearms to join Grifter on a mission to rescue Zealot as well.
Jabroniville

The Beef Boys

Post by Jabroniville »

THE BEEF BOYS (Glenn & Cedric)
Created By:
First Appearance: Wildcats 3.0 #7 (April 2003)
Role: S&M Goon Squad
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: None (I mean, I hope)
'90s Ratio: 6/10 (S&M-clad weirdos)

-This inexplicable duo in S&M gear (one even wears a ballgag!) were apparently Grifter's hired guns in the 2000s Wildcats 3.0 reboot. They possibly had superhuman strength, and ran their own BDSM club, and were mercenaries who worked for Grifter occasionally. Glenn, the taller of the two, never speaks (the gag presumably helps with that), while Cedric is quite well-spoken. Glenn was killed by the Coda while on a mission.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Beef Boys

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:30 pm Image

THE BEEF BOYS (Glenn & Cedric)
Created By:
First Appearance: Wildcats 3.0 #7 (April 2003)
Role: S&M Goon Squad
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: None (I mean, I hope)
'90s Ratio: 6/10 (S&M-clad weirdos)

-This inexplicable duo in S&M gear (one even wears a ballgag!) were apparently Grifter's hired guns in the 2000s Wildcats 3.0 reboot. They possibly had superhuman strength, and ran their own BDSM club, and were mercenaries who worked for Grifter occasionally. Glenn, the taller of the two, never speaks (the gag presumably helps with that), while Cedric is quite well-spoken. Glenn was killed by the Coda while on a mission.
. . .
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

And that furs it for the WildC.A.T.s builds! Only the first bunch ever mattered, but I felt like detailing all that I could find :). Next up, Jim Lee’s OTHER “Wild____” team!
Ian Turner

Post by Ian Turner »

Ooh, Wildcore! Taboo! (And, uh, those other schmucks, I guess...)