Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Megawatt

Post by Jabroniville »

MEGAWATT (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
First Appearance: Cyberforce #1 (Oct. 1992)
Role: Background Villain, Blaster
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: Electro
'90s Ratio: 7/10 (generic Blaster)
Group Affiliations: Cyberdata, The S.H.O.C.s
PL 7 (103)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+8)
Expertise (Government Agent) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
Electrical Blast 8 [16]
Electrical Aura 4 [16]
Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Blast +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Electrical Aura +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Being Extreme and Looking Cool)

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 44 / Defenses: 9 (103)

-Megawatt makes a hell of an impression in Cyberforce #1, with this electrified body shooting off bolts of energy diagonally across the panel- it's an impressive bit of visual flare and composition from a really good artist... so it's kind of funny that he serves almost no purpose whatsoever in the rest of the series. He's just there, blasting away at guys, but saying even less than PSYCHOTRON. He covers his team's escape when the fight starts going poorly, but ceases to matter after that.

-Megawatt is a generic Blaster, but is said to fly in his ComicVine bio. I have no idea, really- he's terrestrial in the Limited Series. His blasts are powerful enough to cover the escape of his team in the second issue, but otherwise doesn't cause much to happen- the only time he strikes a named character is when Stryker is distracted by Ballistic, and it doesn't even take him down for long!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Buzzcut

Post by Jabroniville »

BEAUTIFUL.

BUZZCUT (Trent Peterson)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
Role: THE MOST METAL CHARACTER EVER ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: None are so awesome
'90s Ratio: 11/10 (YES I BROKE THE SCALE! LOOK AT THIS BULLSHIT!)
PL 8 (80)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+4)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Buzzsaws), Power Attack, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: The Living Definition of the '90s"

"THREE MOTHERF*CKING BUZZSAWS FOR ARMS"
Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Multiattack 8) [10]
Extra Limbs 2 [2]
Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Buzzsaws +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +3

Complications:
Prejudice (Mutant Cyborg)- Buzzcut is too awesome to ever be mistaken for human.
Motivation (Killing)- As you might imagine, this guy is mentally unbalanced.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 9 (80)

-haahahahahahahahaah oh my god this is f*cking BEAUTIFUL! Look at this monstrosity! LOOK AT HIM! It's the most gorgeous, drool-worthy, horrifying, stupefying definition of everything that was right and everything that was wrong about comics in the 1990s! His name is BUZZCUT and his power is to have three f*cking arms with buzzsaws on them all on one side of his body! This is an atrocity! Even to someone who sat through a thousand Spider-Symbiotes, The Clone Saga, and Daredevil wearing that goddamn black armor, THIS IS AN ATROCITY! And I love it.

-So Buzzcut here is one of Cyberdata's hired goons sent after Cyberforce in the first issue of their Limited Series- saying nothing, he appears behind Psychotron, Megawatt, Ballistic & Killjoy (SO EDGY!), being enormous and looking like a roided-up version of Cyberforce's own Stryker, himself a ludicrous exaggeration of the '90s- yes, they freaking one-upped their OWN CENTRAL CHARACTER in his first appearance. Despite his bulk, Buzzcut doesn't actually do all that much, and is mostly around the backgrounds being all big- in Cyberforce #2, he's easily dealth with by Ripclaw, who slices one of his buzzsaw-hands off and runs him through. In Cyberforce #4, he recovers and fights Ripclaw again, and the hero finds himself befuddled- Buzzcut is doing too much damage, and appears to never tire- death seems certain, but then Ripclaw actually realizes that the big unbalanced idiot is LITERALLY unbalanced, and so dodges him, causing the villain to drop multiple stories.

-Buzzcut's backstory is elaborated upon later- he was a psychotic soldier in Vietnam, working on a mutants-only squad with Stryker. When he finally went nuts, he massacred an entire village of civilians, with Stryker losing his three arms trying to stop him. The two had issues with each other ever since. This explains why Stryker calls Buzzcut his "worst enemy" in the second issue, though not why Ripclaw seems to have a special enmity for him.

-Buzzcut is a super-strong PL 8, but not quite as hard-hitting as you might expect for someone who appears to be positively gigantic. When he fights with Ripclaw, they more or less just cut and stab each other for a while, with ENDURANCE being a cardinal issue, Ripclaw notes that Buzzcut is faster now, and doesn't seem to tire.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Turner

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Stryker! Impact! Cyblade! Ballistic! Buzzcut!)

Post by Ian Turner »

And he still has one human hand left so he can get stuff out of the fridge and pee and stuff. Take note all you other losers with blades for hands!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ian Turner wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:03 pm And he still has one human hand left so he can get stuff out of the fridge and pee and stuff. Take note all you other losers with blades for hands!
*SOB* It was supposed to be mastur-- not castr--...
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Buzzsaw: Cyborg? YES. Mutant? YES. Kewl, bad-ass name? YES. Ex-Military? YES. Works for evil mega-corp? YES. Huge, roided-out physique? YES. Relatively tiny head? YES. Uses blades as weapons? YES. Full face mask with scalloped eye patches? YES. Shoulder pads/epaulets? YES. Went on secret mission with hero, before he went rogue? YES.

Jab, you're right-ELEVEN OUT OF TEN! HE BROKE THE 90!!!!
Ian Turner

Post by Ian Turner »

And in neither of those pictures does he have FEET!

So, so, 90s, I could cry.
Jabroniville

Psychotron

Post by Jabroniville »

PSYCHOTRON (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
Role: Background Villain, Blaster
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: None
'90s Ratio: 8/10 (is named "Psychotron"; wears a jacket over tights; generic blaster)
PL 7 (80)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+8)
Expertise (Mercenary) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
Plasma Blast 8 (Feats: Split) [17]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Plasma Blast +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 9 (80)

-Psychotron is so obviously just "filler" in Cyberforce- he's standing about in the backgrounds along with Ballistic and her crew over much of the book, but doesn't add anything more than a kewl '90s appearance, what with the leather jacket and the spiky bits of fabric or whatever coming off of him, looking a bit like Hawk of Hawk and Dove fame. His mission? To blast stuff. That's all he really does. In one fight, he doesn't do anything against Cyberforce, but in the next he gets punched by Pitt in one page, then shows up blasting at Cyblade (who does the splits to leap up and out of the way) the next, as if the punch didn't hurt him. Then he engages in a blasting contest with Heatwave in the final part of the Limited Series, finally getting knocked out after a temporary stalemate.

-Psychotron is obvious generic filler, but MUST be tough if he's taking punches from a guy like Pitt.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

The tentacles coming out of his back remind me of Omega Red, so that might be his Marvel source ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I was thinking a color shifted Bane.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Killjoy

Post by Jabroniville »

I dunno what's weirder- that they decided to use the golden skull-faced metallic chick as fanservice... or that it's kind of working on me.

KILLJOY (Brenda Lewis)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
Role: Background Villain, Low-Level Superhuman
'90s Ratio: 9/10 (skull-face; is named "Killjoy", generically-powerful superhuman)
PL 7 (58)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+9)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment 2 (Dual Pistols- Blast 4- Split), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Pistols +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:
Disabled (Mental Problems)- Killjoy is said to have a litany of psychiatric problems, including attention deficit disorder and anti social personality disorder.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 9 (86)

-Killjoy has a pretty distinctive appearance, though is INCREDIBLY dated- a golden skull-face tattooed onto an ebon body, with metal all over her and a purple jacket? OH YEAH, this is the '90s. She is generally the chattiest of her group, talking smack frequently during the battle between Cyberforce & Cyberdata- she even lectures Ballistic for not being direct against Cyberforce. She's one of those mutant characters who is "generically-powerful"- fast, strong, and durable, but never EXTREMELY so. You saw a lot of guys like this in the '80s and '90s, as writers could be uncreative at points and make guys who were just kind of okay at everything instead of focused.

-Killjoy is apparently a lifelong criminal, in and out of jail, and is a divorcee who had a child in the past. She was badly burned when she was hit by a tanker truck while running from the scene of a crime, and was rebuilt by Cyberdata. She pestered Cyberforce a handful of times, and ultimately lost the lower half of her body- while imprisoned within Cyberforce's base, she escaped, dragged herself to the armory, and blew the entire thing up, INCLUDING HERSELF. So really, she was a giant nutjob and they wrote her out in a weird way. And she was STILL the most-used out of the S.H.O.C.s team!

-Her appearance actually answers an old question of mine, though, I think. See, the Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. member known as Killjoy debuted in early 1993 (around when this character debuted), but when his toy was released later in the year, he was inexplicably called KILLSPREE. So what I'm thinking is that maybe Image grabbed the rights early on, and Marvel changed the character's name to avoid copywrite issues. I mean, that's my theory, anyhow.

-Killjoy is strong, fast and tough, but not overly so. In the big fight between Cyberforce & Cyberdata, she flips over Cyblade during their fight and kicks her down (despite dual-wielding pistols at that exact moment). However, she's immediately humiliated by Pitt, who effortlessly shrugs off her best shots and knocks her away.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spam

Re: Killjoy

Post by Spam »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 pm Image
If you're going to go for a full cybernetic body replacement, you might as well invest in those cybernips while you're at it.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Impact! Cyblade! Ballistic! Buzzcut! Killjoy!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Weirdly enough, Marvel's Killjoy/Kilspree had the same sort of color scheme, too (yellow/gold and purple) so I highly doubt it was a coincidence.
Ken

Re: Killjoy

Post by Ken »

Spam wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:31 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 pm Image
If you're going to go for a full cybernetic body replacement, you might as well invest in those cybernips while you're at it.
Those are the switches to open her two big battery packs.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Domin Zadrok

Post by Jabroniville »

DOMIN ZADROK
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
Role: Mastermind in the Shadows
'90s Ratio: 4/10 (mysterious cyborg)
Group Affiliations: Cyberdata

-Zadrok is apparently the leader of Cyberdata- he is seen in the Limited Series, cast only in shadows, lecturing and advising Saburo Kimata on what to do. He was an explorer who, years ago, was lost in search of a "God-Machine", eventually being linked to it- near-death, he was brought back to life by god-tech and was immediately demented by its power. He is the head of Cyberdata in our time, leading the mega-corp and its collection of cybernetic, mind-controlled warriors because reasons, I guess.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Mother May I

Post by Jabroniville »

MOTHER MAY I (Real Name Unknown, something Taylor)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
Role: Super-MILF, Mind Controller
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: The White/Black Queen (sexy lady telepath)
'90s Ratio: 9/10 (giga-cleavage outfit- possibly the skimpiest in Image until Witchblade came out; telepathy; bloobs; nonsensical purpose)
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (129)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 2 (+6, +8 Attractive)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+9)
Insight 3 (+6)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 6 (+10, +12 Attractive)

Advantages:
Attractive, Benefit 3 (Queen of Crime- Wealth), Daze (Persuasion), Fascination (Persuasion)

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Gives People Mommy Issues"
"I'm Your Mother- Your Blue, Sexy Mother" Mind Control 6 (Feats: Subtle 2) [26]
Mind-Reading 4 [8]
"See Through Others' Eyes" Remote Sensing (Vision) 4 (Flaws: Source- The Eyes of Others) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Mind Control -- (+6 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Mind-Reading -- (+4 Mind-Reading, DC 14)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Prejudice (Mutant)- Mother May I is a stunning cobalt blue- she cannot pass for an ordinary person.
Responsibility (Delusion)- Mother May I has a weird thing about being a protective mother to people. It eventually clouds her judgement.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 38 / Defenses: 10 (129)

-"Mother May I" easily has the weirdest role to play in Cyberforce #1-4- she's just... it looks like the Silvestris didn't quite know what to do with her, or they were being deliberately obtuse in order to sow confusion. She appears as this bizarre, dark-blue nudist in the skimpiest costume of early Image Comics (even compared to the Savage Dragon women! AND the prostitute vampire!), with an... Egyptian theme and a minion with a deer head, and mind control powers based around everyone wanting her to be their mom. Their sexy, blue mom, and I... I dunno what the fetish backstory of this is, but it's odd. Like they didn't want her to be the generic "Telepath Seductress" so they added the "Mother" thing, but... also wanted her to be a hot seductress anyways?

-In any case, she appears as a "third" group in Cyberforce, messing with both Cyberdata and Cyberforce- she works with Cyberdata towards her own ends, but is explained as a "Mutant Queen of Crime" who has shifted into terrorist/power-based stuff. Stryker investigates her personally, and... the two just hook up somehow and are an item, as he saves her & Warbuk after a mission goes bad. She's said to supply Cyberdata with mutants, and they give her money in return. Her mission was to turn New York into a haven for mutants, but when she sleeps with Stryker, she enrages her aide, Saburo/Kimata (he goes by both names, confusingly), and he shoots her from behind. As she dies (she never reappears), she confesses to being the mother of Velocity & Ballistic, saying she'd gotten drunk after her husband's abuse and fell into Cyberdata's hands, giving her daughters to them as well.

-Hm, had to borrow some stuff from Writeups.org here, as I didn't have all the info. She's a somewhat-limited Mind Controller who focuses on making people loving and compliant, and uses her powers to see through the eyes of others, as she is blind (wow, I don't see that in the issues I have).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.