Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Mister_CD

Re: Killjoy

Post by Mister_CD »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 pm Image

KILLJOY (Brenda Lewis)
I got to be honest; I actually really like the look of her, in this one. The way the face looks, and the weird ... bare-midriff-vest-(?)-thing, she just looks cool. Maybe because her figure isn't as pronounced here, or something, I don't know.
Jabroniville

Madame Jocelyn

Post by Jabroniville »

MADAME JOCELYN
Created By:
Michael Heisler & Marc Silvestri
First Appearance: Cyberforce Origins- Cyblade #1 (Jan. 1995)
Role: Martial Arts Babe
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: Generic martial arts babe
'90s Ratio: 7/10 (sexy martial arts babe with swords and superfluous super-powers)
Group Affiliations: Cyberdata
PL 8 (128)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+13)
Athletics 9 (+11)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Assassin) 4 (+6)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 5 (+7)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Stealth 4 (+10)
Treatment 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Equipment 2 (Ninja Gear, Swords, etc.), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
Fire Blast 6 (12) -- [13]
  • AE: "Fire Punch" Strength-Damage +2 (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Fire Punch +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Fire Blast +9 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Prejudice (Mutant Cyborg)

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 14 (128)

-Madame Jocelyn was written into Cyblade's backstory as the woman who trained her to fight. Cyblade's father attempted to fire her, but both he and Cyblade's brother died under mysterious circumstances, and the two women ran off and became Sexy Lady Mercenaries together, killing numerous people. Cyblade was eventually freed by the nascent Cyberforce and Jocelyn reappeared a while later, confessing to having killed the heroine's father and abducting her brother and having him remade by Cyberdata. The character's kinda funny, in that she's clearly a maternal figure to Cyblade, but the art is the two women embracing in their undies because Cyblade got scared by something, and she dresses in either Combat Bikinis or Dominatrix gear.

-Jocelyn is largely a duplicate of Cyblade with slightly-different powers- fire that manifests around her fists and I guess blasts out (though I can't find any pics of that).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Misery

Post by Jabroniville »

MISERY (Lydia O'Rourke)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
First Appearance: Cyberforce #0 (March 1993)
Role: Background Villain, Mind-Controller
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: The White Queen (evil psionic seductress)
'90s Ratio: 6/10 (big-boobed seductress; scantily-clad; big hair; mind-controller)
Group Affiliations: Cyberdata, The S.H.O.C.s
PL 8 (89)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+8)
Expertise (Government Agent) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Power Attack

Powers:
Mind Control 8 [32]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Mind Control -- (+8 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Being Extreme and Looking Cool)

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 9 (89)

-Misery was a telepath recruited onto a Cyberdata S.H.O.C. team- she dated Warblade for a time before becoming infatuated with Ripclaw (... girl has a type. Thankfully, that type is the most common kind of person in the Image universe!). She turned traitor, and Warblade stabbed her, causing a fight between him and Ripclaw. She reappeared years later during a Cyberforce/WildC.A.T.s crossover, playing the sides against each other. She failed to mind control Warblade, as he'd learned to fill his thoughts with rage (oh, Image), and ran her through again. This turned out to be an android who had Misery's thoughts and memories downloaded into her, as the original was dead. She has since been seen after the fall of Cyberdata.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Killjoy

Post by Jabroniville »

Mister_CD wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:47 am I got to be honest; I actually really like the look of her, in this one. The way the face looks, and the weird ... bare-midriff-vest-(?)-thing, she just looks cool. Maybe because her figure isn't as pronounced here, or something, I don't know.
Gold and purple are actually pretty complimentary colors, and are very under-used in comics, so she definitely stands out. And skull motifs nearly ALWAYS work- Ghost Rider, Punisher, Crossbones, Blazing Skull, etc.- they all look awesome. I'm honestly surprised it's not used on more guys.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Impact! Cyblade! Ballistic! Buzzcut! Killjoy!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, so they aired the Series Finale of Elena of Avalor in Canada, a week after the States.

It's very odd- this same year Tangled: The Series ended as well, and I'll likely finish with Sailor Moon by January- that's three big shows that I've been watching for 3-4 years all ending at once for me. Now I'll have to work through the OTHER huge stack of DVDs I have :).

LOL, of course they start things off with a puppet show/song about everything that's gone down so far. With a repetition of "Four years have gone by!" just to let us know. The previous episode even has Zuzo wishing Elena "Happy 20th, by the way" to put a stamp on it- the show has run in real-time, going from 2016-2020. Having watched it from the very beginning, and seen every episode, it's one of the few shows I've gone all the way through.

The funny thing about them using the same animation models reminds me that while Elena MIGHT be similar from age 16-20, Mateo was younger, and Isabel was like 10-12, and should be 14-16- she should look COMPLETELY different. So it looks visually like no time has passed.

Elena of Avalor: Coronation Day: So all the royals we've met in past episodes are here (her Three Princess Pals and a few of the kings we haven't seen for a while), as preparations have finalized for Elena's coronation on her 20th birthday. But they start off dealing with the "Villain Gang" put together by Ash (Grey Delisle/Griffin), and actually do a good job of backing each other up and double-teaming, Isa inventing "Potion Arrows" gives her more of an impact (she'd been helping the gang in fights all season), but Elena leaves Ash to go fight Esteban after his betrayal, and that lets her awaken the "Four Shadows" that ruined the ancient culture of Maru. Two wild characters, one stoic one, and one who is clearly the most dangerous- a slow-talking purple girl who hovers slowly and talks with an eery calm. One wild guy is of course Mark Hammill.

Ash's entire group gets captured (so much for the Monster Summoning Winged Chick), and she & Elena get trapped in the Spirit World... and do a "Mystical Olaball" subplot. That's a weird use of time in the final episode of the series, especially since it introduces a new character (Patrick Warburton as the Grand Macaw, who rules the Spirit World)... except we see its purpose, as it's ANOTHER "Greatest Hits" of past characters, as since this is where dead people go, Elena gets her PARENTS to join her team, and their opponents include Troyo the superfast coyote spirit, and Ash's old mentor, both of whom died off-camera after they were polymorphed into small animals (that's... oddly dark, lol). But Elena is clever enough to realize what she needs to do to return, and so we're done with Ash.

Esteban, meanwhile, hitches his wagon to the Shadows, but is informed of his mistake by the flying one quickly. And then one of the Shadows DIES, killed when Isa sticks a weather vane to him while he's charging himself with lightning... I guess he has no immunity to his own powers. And then the "Grand Finale" thing gets underway, as the four Feathered Serpents (most unseen since earlier this season) and all of the Jacquins from past episodes (including the retired Chief and King Virago) show up to act as mounts for the army of good guys. The gang are forced to use their wits to take on the two wild ones, successfully transforming one to a harmless state, then teleporting both to the Spirit World.

But then we get the big climax, as the menacing one permanently traps most of Elena's friends and family in stone (this is treated like it's fatal), until Esteban finally redeems himself by leaping in the path of one more shot- Elena finds it in herself to forgive his past betrayal, and that gives her the Last Minute Superpower that saves the day and everyone around her- pretty typical of the genre, but at least they built it up by giving her emotion-based powers in the beginning of this season, much as they pulled this one out of their asses.

But then OH MY GOD! Elena's CORONATION! Complete with tons of side characters I've long forgotten about, ones we've seen semi-recently (the nerdy scientist Elena fangirl!), ones I remember (the big rock guy! The Douchebag King!), and all the main supporting cast. And Elena reveals her new dress- blue one with crazy designs on it! Damn, they're never gonna make that a doll that I can play with eithe-- I mean, what a nice outfit. Mateo & Gabe anxiously peacocking to be her first dance as Queen is funny & cute, but of course it goes to her grandfather. And then SOFIA THE FIRST SHOWS UP as a final congratulations, now looking 4 years older (her & her siblings are pre-teens now I guess), and we get another Group Song to end things, with a few characters kinda/sorta "pairing up" in this decidedly non-romantic show (Gabe/Naomi got shoved together in the end; Mateo/Carla of all things).

Very nice episode with some good stuff- Esteban's final sacrifice was well-done, and there was some BEAUTIFUL animation as Elena thoughtfully leaned in and hugged him as he froze solid. Really great character work. It was great seeing most of the old cast come in to help (even the Sirenas!), and the teamwork of the gang- a big part of what makes Grand Finales fun is that it establishes that the heroes' abilities to make friends and gather allies are what saves them in the end, as they can take out even powerful bad guys.

I wasn't quite as big a fan of there being 4-5 new songs in a 60+ minute special, as they were kinda generic (this show's never even touched Tangled for songcraft... not that it's a fair comparison with Alan Menken working on that one) and obviously for little kids. And most of the villains were beaten pretty handily and not given a lot of focus. And introducing FIVE new characters in a final episode was as bit much. But overall, it was great spending the final ten minutes just celebrating the show.

I really wonder what'll become of the Elena-verse- I hear that dolls were slow to sell and they were definitely cancelled early up here. I'm not sure about the States. Though Elena had a wonderful design, I think a lot of her friends being very plain killed potential dolls sales- a Japanese character designer on the show (Ritsuko something) apparently couldn't pull off masterworks for the entire cast, and I think that hurt things, as they ended up trying to sell multiples of JUST Elena. They didn't release many books. Creator Craig Gerber is moving on to something else that won't see the light for a bit, and probably won't be in the same "Princess-Verse", meaning this might be the end of these characters forever, and we'll never see them again. And that would be okay, as it seems like their future goals were set (General Gabe, Master Wizard Mateo, Chancellor Naomi, Crown Princess Isabel). Though I'd obviously like to see them again later.
Jabroniville

Wyldfyre

Post by Jabroniville »

I swear this character appears in more bikini pictures than actual comic books.

WYLDFYRE (Evangeline Wilder)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
First Appearance: Cyberforce #2 (March 1993)
Role: Background Villain
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: None
'90s Ratio: 7/10 (Xtremely Kool Letterz name; Blaster; Cleavagey Outfit)
Group Affiliations: None
PL 6 (68)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
Fire Blast 6 (Feats: Split) [13]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Fire Blast +6 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 9 (68)

-Wyldfyre shows up with two other bad guys in Cyberforce #2 who completely at random, attack and kidnap Velocity. The next issues sees them attacked by the S.H.O.C.s, who are meant to capture the special disks they've stolen- this makes her team the fall guys for the operation (which was meant to make mutants look bad, and give Cyberdata the disks without being publicly seen taking them). She doesn't do anything in the fight, but is shown to own her team's hideout. She is annoyed to find Pitt sleeping there (Slam had simply allowed him to stay because he was tired, pointing out that you don't tell a guy like THAT "no"), then later kicks Cyberforce out of her place. I dunno why nobody bothered to arrest a criminal and kidnapper.

-Literally the only reason this character seems to exist is actually the Image SWIMSUIT ISSUE, which features her in a few prominent pages. Like, she doesn't even do or say anything of importance in the only two issues of Cyberforce to ever feature her- I think Silvestri just realized he needed someone other than his main two girls and created ANOTHER floozy.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

character ripped off you say? Star Fire anyone?
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Slam

Post by Jabroniville »

SLAM (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
Role: Background Villain
'90s Ratio: 6/10 (simple codename; Team Strong Guy)
PL 6 (73)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+8)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Slam" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Affliction 6 (Athletics or Acrobatics; Dazed/Stunned) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Targets, Limited Degree) [9]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Slam +6 Area (+6 Damage & Affliction, DC 21 & 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 8 (73)

-Slam is a bit snarky and drives the team's getaway van, but is only seen doing two things- slamming the ground and causing and earthquake that knocks Killjoy around, and punching someone.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:52 am character ripped off you say? Star Fire anyone?
See, I don't think she's actually supposed to be orange- just a weird coloring thing since she's fire-themed. Though the "____Fyre" name might be a clue, I dunno.
Ken

Post by Ken »

catsi563 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:52 am character ripped off you say? Starfire anyone?
Really? Are you sure? ;)

My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Davies

Post by Davies »

I gotta say, if I didn't know that wasn't supposed to be Koriand'r ..
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Starfire is classier. At least she has the innocence and fish out of water thing going for her.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:26 am I gotta say, if I didn't know that wasn't supposed to be Koriand'r ..
What's odd is her eyes are a normal color in the issues I have- it looks like their colorist just went with the "'90s artists never draw in pupils" thing and went Full Kori with it.
Jabroniville

Splitzkrieg

Post by Jabroniville »

SPLITZKRIEG (Karl & something)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
Role: Background Villains, Conjoined Twins
'90s Ratio: 5/10 (more the kind of goofballs Keith Giffen would come up with)
PL 6 (71)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+8)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Two Heads"
Enhanced Advantages 2: Second Chance 2 (Perception Checks, Mind Control) [2]
Enhanced Skills 4: Perception +4 (+8) [2]

"Two Torsos"
Extra Limbs 2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Slam +6 Area (+6 Damage & Affliction, DC 21 & 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 7 (71)

-Splitzkrieg is extremely weird, even for Image- it's a pair of guys, joined at the waist (so two separate torsos, two heads and four arms), but one is a German with a shaved head and a swastika tattooed on his face, and the other's an upper-class Brit, saying things like "By Jove". Splitz easily slaps Velocity unconscious when the group comes across the girl, but they lose her in the fight when Pitt & Cyberforce get involved. They don't reappear.

-I can tell I've been statting characters for a while when "Has Two Heads" becomes an old-hat thing I'm used to statting by now. Splitz is strong enough to easily throw cars at people, and one-shot Velocity, but isn't seen doing much else.
Ian Turner

Post by Ian Turner »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 pm KILLJOY (Brenda Lewis)
[SNIP]
Powers:
Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Killjoy is totally a speedster. Certainly not Flash level, but perhaps up there with early Quicksilver (sub Mach 1). She didn't seem to have the mental ability to process things as fast as she could run, though, which led to her wipeout in her pre-cyborg life that left her mangled, and even after Cyberdata implanted a computer in her allowing her to react as fast as she could move, she still tended to 'spray and pray' and just throw a ton of lead downrage, usually while ranting like a crazy person... (Which, she was...) She definitely didn't seem to have any of the DC speedster tricks like fast tasks (she mostly seemed to be about the running fast and the shooting fast), so not having Quickness is appropriate. :)

And yeah, the gold and purple is amazing on her. She's easily the best-looking (and, eventually, most fleshed-out) of these throwaway SHOC villains.
Last edited by Ian Turner on Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.