Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Impact! Cyblade! Ballistic! Buzzcut! Killjoy!)

Post by Ares »

Ian Turner wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:48 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 pm KILLJOY (Brenda Lewis)
[SNIP]
Powers:
Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

(I have no idea why this post is in all boldface. I'm not meaning to be shouting or anything...)
When you'd quoted Jab you cut off one of the (/b) brackets that tells the program to stop bolding text, so it made all of the text bold. I fixed it for you.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Codename: Strykeforce

Post by Jabroniville »

CODENAME: STRYKEFORCE:
-This book was meant as yet ANOTHER Stryker-themed book, as Silvestri I guess wanted to put a lot of focus on which Cyberforce member he felt had the most potential. It featured... I hope you're sitting down for this... a PARAMILITARY SUPERHERO TEAM that debuts by dropping out of a flying vehicle and fighting enemy soldiers. They debuted in Cyberforce #4 as a "Sneak Preview" for Silvestri's new book, as all the Image guys wanted to "franchise" out. The book lasted for fifteen issues and had two different rosters- another one popping up in 2004. This '04 team is actually MORE NINETIES than the original one, if you can believe that! Marc kept Stryker & Black Anvil, but added an invisible nudist, a sword-chick nudist, a guy in regular clothes, and a guy named "Killawatt"! Like... the f*ck? The nineties ended four years before this! Did Marc just wake up from a bender and nobody told him?
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Re: Codename: Strykeforce

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:26 pm Image
What is going on with the blue guy? He's got no abdomen or thighs. It's like his lower legs are just coming out of the bottom of his chest. And I think there's a cigar going through his finger.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Shock wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:37 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:26 pm Image
What is going on with the blue guy? He's got no abdomen or thighs. It's like his lower legs are just coming out of the bottom of his chest. And I think there's a cigar going through his finger.
I think he's supposed to be sitting down, but I could be wrong about that.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Black Anvil

Post by Jabroniville »

BLACK ANVIL (Percival Wainwright III)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
First Appearance: Cyberforce #4 (July 1993)
Role: Strong Guy
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: None
'90s Ratio: 6/10 (team "Strong Guy")
Group Affiliations: Strykeforce

-Black Anvil is seen being dropped out of a drop-ship while going on about how awesome the battle is going to be. He is the only member of the team other than Stryker to be on the second incarnation of Strykeforce, too.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Tempest

Post by Jabroniville »

TEMPEST (Lane Quintana)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
Role: Hot Chick, Blaster
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: Powers like Storm, looks like Psylocke
'90s Ratio: 6/10 (token hot chick)

-Tempest is the only Hot Chick on the team, and appears to be disgusted with Stryker's flirting, though his narration is like "She's into me". So basically what 12-year olds think an alpha male is like. She's apparently a blaster who uses cutting wind as an attack, but most of the images on ComicVine are fanservice-related, as she flies around in lingerie once, and is chosen for the "Image Comics Swimsuit Issues". She apparently dated Bloodbow.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Re: Black Anvil

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:03 pm Image

BLACK ANVIL (Percival Wainwright III)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
Role: Strong Guy
'90s Ratio: 6/10 (team "Strong Guy")

-Black Anvil is seen being dropped out of a drop-ship while going on about how awesome the battle is going to be. He is the only member of the team other than Stryker to be on the second incarnation of Strykeforce, too.
This guy reminds me of Beast, except Beast is not as strong nor bulletproof.
Jabroniville

Bloodbow

Post by Jabroniville »

BLOODBOW (Trace O'Donnell)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
Role: Arrow Guy
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: Hawkeye (archer)
'90s Ratio: 6/10 (Eyepatch Thing, "Blood" in his name)

-Yes, BLOODBOW. Bloodbow uses the mandatory "Compound Bow", which has TNT-laced concussion arrows, "mega-taser" stun arrows, and "plasma flash" arrows. So a bit of a Gimmick-User, much like Youngblood's Shaft. He had enhanced strength in his arms owing to them being robotic, which I guess helped his archery. He was in a romantic relationship with Tempest, but was killed by an alien shapeshifting race, who mimicked his appearance. However, this creature, the Queen of their race, found him a worthy warrior, and acted as him out of respect. She revealed herself when her race attacked Strykeforce.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Killrazor

Post by Jabroniville »

KILLRAZOR (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Marc & Erik Silvestri
Role: Super-Edgelord, Stabby Guy, Scrapper
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: Literally everyone
'90s Ratio: 10/10 (a name so "Image"-y I think I used it as a pretend name; both "kill" and "razor" in it; covered in spikes; Mysterious Past; assassin)

-Killrazor perhaps has the most "Image"-y name ever- it's so bad I'm not entirely sure whether or not I invented it for a parody example of an "Image"-y name, or I was aware of it beforehand. It is REALLY, REALLY SILLY. Killrazor rips off Snake Eyes from G.I. Joe with his whole "code of silence" thing, and is covered in spikes that grow out of his body- I don't even have to tell you that he's a mysterious assassin, do I? Oh, and just to be even MORE Edgelord, his spikes leave permanent scars across his body when he pops them out. Also he has spikes on his gauntlets just to avoid being cut himself. But he still makes other ones.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:37 pm
He is just REALLY SQUAT, and I think a lot of artists struggle greatly with that.
Jabroniville

Katana

Post by Jabroniville »

LOL, so like, did Silvestri just look at "Witchblade" and just go "Nah, I can still do better"?

KATANA (Tia Katana)
Created By:
Marc Silvestri
First Appearance: Marc Silvestri Sketchbook (Jan. 2004)
Role: Nudist, Miss Fanservice
'90s Ratio: 8/10 (naked super-lady with a sword)

-... this is possibly the skimpiest non-costume I've ever seen. Sometimes it's just a "tattoo" of a snake over her nipples, and other times it's a metal "clamshell" bikini with metallic chaps. This was in *2004*, which wasn't quite into the "these costumes are still a regular thing" era. She seems to have a katana.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Although katana are generally a bit more curved than the blade she's holding in those pics, but I suspect that the artist doesn't really expect me to be looking in that direction.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Given his abilities Killrazor could literally be named 'Edge-Lord'
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

Sly

Post by Jabroniville »

SLY (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Marc Silvestri
Role: Miss Fanservice, Invisible Chick
Marvel Character Most Ripped Off: The Invisible Woman
'90s Ratio: 6/10 (nudist; fanservicey chick)

-Sly is on the second incarnation of Strykeforce, and can go invisible, but only mostly. She just leaves her body clear, with an outline that is visible to others, I guess. But has to be naked to use her powers, just to be really Image-y about it.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Lift

Post by Jabroniville »

LIFT (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Marc Silvestri
Role: Telekinetic
'90s Ratio: 4/10 (guy in regular clothes)

-Lift is a Telekinetic who must be able to see his target to lift it. The most odd thing about him is that he's just a "guy in normal clothes". Like... did Marc never realize the 1990s ended, or something?
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.