Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
bsdigitalq

Re: Moana

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote:ASS :P
Okay, I burst out laughing cause I read that in the Tourettes Guy's voice. :lol:
Thorpocalypse

Re: Rok

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

Wasn't this dude in "Pirates of Dark Water"?

ROK
I cannot believe you passed up a DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROK IS COOKIN'?!?!?! joke... :(
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jab's Builds! (Citadel! Anastasia! Rasputin! Moana!)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I really liked Moana, too. I also think Shiny is probably the best song, mainly because Jemaine Clement performs it and he's one of my faves. The first season of Flight of the Conchords is great. They kinda ran out of stuff in the second season, but the hey, that happens to a lot of performers.

Since I'm high jacking, more goodness from Jemaine and Brett. Love this song because it really captures the feel of married sex life:

It's Business Time
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Gilliam

Re: Jab's Builds! (Citadel! Anastasia! Rasputin! Moana!)

Post by Gilliam »

Yah someone outside NZ likes Flight of the Conchords :D
Jabroniville

Kakamora

Post by Jabroniville »

KAKAMORA
Played By:
N/A
Role: Random Toyetic Encounter
PL 4 (21)
STRENGTH
-2 STAMINA -2 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 8 (+6)
Expertise (Piracy) 4 (+4)
Vehicles 4 (+6) -- Flaws: Limited to Boats

Advantages:
Close Attack 4, Equipment 3 (Spears +1, Darts- Ranged Affliction 6- Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed), Startle

Powers:
"Tiny Size" Shrinking 8 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (1 foot) [9]
(-2 Strength, +4 Defenses, +8 Stealth, -4 Intimidation, -1 Speed)

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Spears +4 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Darts +2 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness -2, Fortitude -2, Will +0

Complications:
Motivation (The Heart of Te Fiti)- The Kakamora want Moana's necklace, and the charm within.
Disabled (Tiny)- Kakamora are so small that all Human-Sized creatures treat attacks on them as Area Attacks, and are able to hit dozens of them with each thrown punch, kick or oar.

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 5 (21)

-The Kakamora appear pretty much like the Wolves in Frozen- a Random Encounter near the beginning of the Hero's Journey. But instead of wild animals in a pretty standard Chase Scene, this one involves a gigantic Super-Boat that splits into SMALLER boats, with tiny coconut people that paint on "war faces" and get all stabby with their tiny spears and Blowdarts (which they fire without lips. Or mouths). It's a pretty fun scene, all things considered, as the HUNDREDS of little dudes jump in, steal Moana's Macguffin and lead her on a chase back to their boats- it's our first inkling of Maui's displeasure with Moana's "Mission" (he's pretty much "we're being attacked because of your stupid quest"), and eventually leaves him Paralyzed enough that Moana has to carry on the mission and learn how to plot a course over the open seas with his aide.

-Kakamora are deadly in numbers, but they're small enough that Moana can wade through them with ease (with a -2 to their Toughness saves, they go down pretty easily). I kept dropping down their accuracy, as despite their being literally hundreds of the little buggers, then never manage to hit the characters. A +2 to hit, plus the negative modifiers from being on moving boats (which would probably make accuracy with a thrown weapon a bitch), means that our heroes easily dodge them.
Jabroniville

You're Welcome

Post by Jabroniville »

MAUI- SHAPESHIFTER, DEMIGOD OF THE EARTH AND SEA, HERO OF MEN AND WOMEN
Played By:
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Role: Demigod of the Earth and Sea, Hero of Men and Women, Trickster God
PL 12 (185)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+10)
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Wayfinder) 11 (+12)
Expertise (History) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Singing) 8 (+9)
Intimidation 5 (+6)
Perception 6 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+4)
Vehicles 12 (+12) -- Flaws: Limited to Boats

Advantages: 
Benefit 1 (Status- Demigod), Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Fishhook), Improved Smash, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown

Powers:
"Immortal Demigod" Immunity 3 (Aging, Starvation & Thirst) [3]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 7) [11]

"Magical Fishhook" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [61]
"Drag Objects" Move Object 12 (24) -- (25)
  • AE: "Hit With Hook" Strength-Damage +4 (Feats: Accurate, Reach, Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 8) (15)
Shapeshift 5 (40)
Morph 3 (Animal Forms) (15)
(Sample Form: Hawk- Winged Flight 7, Defenses +2, Initiative +8, Extended Vision 2, Acute Scent, Defensive Attack, Evasion)
-- (70 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Fishhook +12 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +2 (+10 Hawk Form)

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (+12 Hawk Form, DC 20-22), Parry +10 (+12 Hawk Form, DC 20-22), Toughness +12, Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation/Obsession ("You're Welcome!")- Maui wishes to be worshiped as the greatest hero of all time, partially because he was cast away as an infant, by parents who didn't want him.
Disabled (Poor Swimmer)- Maui never attempts to leave the island upon which he was trapped for a thousand years.
Enemy (Te Ka)- Maui fears Te Ka following a one-sided defeat, and refuses all requests to go face down the monster once again.
Relationship (Moana)- Maui and Moana argue as soon as they meet each other (she is pushy and wants him to do things he hates; she finds him to be an arrogant, irresponsible blowhard), and only slowly learn to respect one another.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 75 / Defenses: 7 (185)

-Maui is the second part of what is kind of a "Buddy Picture"- the Demigod that Moana must locate, and take to restore the Heart of Te Fiti to its rightful place. He's based off of the being of Polynesian Mythology- he appears in the tales of SEVERAL cultures, always changing a bit with each retelling. Oral history + hundreds of miles = crappy continuity. The Greeks had the same issue, which is why every God has conflicting Origin Stories. Greek Myth is worse than Post-Crisis DC Comics.

-Maui, voiced by superstar Dwayne Johnson more or less as himself, is unfortunately rather arrogant (gladly basking in praise), cold-hearted (he leaves Moana trapped on the same island prison he rotted on for centuries) and more than a bit cowardly (he refuses to go back to Te Ka). He & Moana spend the first part of the movie bickering (with only the Ocean to take Moana's side and insist upon their quest), but since this is a Disney Movie, that only belies the depth of their later relationship (non-romantic, like in Zootopia and other "Friendship"-based movies). We do learn a bit about his backstory, such as his abandonment at birth, and his subsequent desire to be a hero stemming from a way to earn the admiration of others.

-Maui is a powerful fighter in his base form, but only PL 9. With the Magical Fishhook, he immediately becomes a PL 12 Warrior-God, able to transform into a mighty Hawk, fly and dodge past numerous attacks, transform back to Maui, slice apart whatever he's aiming at, and Transform back instantaneously. His Fishhook also gives him a powerful Move Object effect, with a strength that may actually be incalculable- his backstory (told both in legend and song-form) includes things like lassoing the Sun and bringing it down to Earth to extend the days, dragging islands up from the ocean floor, and more.

The Actual Maui:
Maori Myth: He was a trickster who dragged up a fish to make an island, and lassoed the Sun and smacked it until it agreed to move slower and extend the days. He was killed when he crawled inside a giant woman's toothy vagina (dude, there's Macrophilia and there's taking it too far), rendering all humans mortal.
Hawaiian Myth: He dragged up the Hawaiian Islands, lassoed the Sun, and buried an Eel to create coconuts. He apparently did not die.
Tongan Myth: Did the island thing, and discovered fire.
Tahitian Myth: He was a wise man/prophet, later deified. Still did the fire & Sun things.
Mangarevan Myth: Did the island & sun things, but was one of eight Mauis.
Jack of Spades

Re: Rasputin

Post by Jack of Spades »

Jabroniville wrote: Advantages: 
Attractive 2, Daze & Fascination (Persuasion), Second Chance (Death By Shooting)
You know, if ever there was a historical figure crying out for Diehard, I would've said it was Rasputin. Curious why you chose not to it to him.
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Jabroniville

Tamatoa

Post by Jabroniville »

"You could try, try, try
But you can't expect a demigod
To beat a decapod (look it up)
You will die, die, die
Now it's time for me to take apart
Your aching heart

Far from the ones who abandoned you
Chasing the love of
These humans who made you feel wanted
You tried to be tough
But your armour's just not hard enough

Maui!
Now it's time to kick your hiney
Ever seen someone so

Shiny
Soak it in cause it's the last you'll ever see
C'est la vie mon ami, I'm so
Shiny
Now I'll eat you so prepare your final plea
Just for me

You'll never be quite as shiny
You wish you were nice and shiny!!!!"

TAMATOA
Played By:
Jermaine Clement
Role: One-Off Villain
PL 11 (115)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (History) 2 (+2)
Expertise (Singing) 12 (+12)
Intimidation 6 (+6, +10 Size)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages: 
Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment (Glittery Gold), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Claws), Improved Disarm, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Huge Size" Growth 8 (Str & Sta +8, +8 Mass, +4 Intimidation, -4 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -8 Stealth) -- (30 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [17]
"Crustacean Shell" Impervious Toughness 9 [9]

"You Can't Expect a Demi-God/To Beat a Decapod... (Look it up!!)" Extra Limbs 7 [7]
"Giant Pincers" Strength-Damage +2 [2]
"Immortal Sea Creature" Immunity 4 (Aging, Drowning, Cold, Pressure) [4]
"Eyes Cannot Fix on Location" Senses 1 (Radius Sight) [1]
Features 1: Lights Up In The Dark [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Pincers +10 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation ("I'd Rather Be SHINY!")- Tamatoa is vain about his appearance, and insists upon being anything but the "drab little crab" he once was.
Disabled (Lazy Eye)- Tamatoa cannot concentrate on speaking if someone can't pick an eye to focus on- both cannot be looking at the same thing.
Disabled (Cannot Roll Over)- Tamatoa cannot right himself if thrown onto his back.
Responsibility ("Are You Trying to Get Me To Talk About Myself?... Because I Will GLADLY Do So! In SONG Form!")- Tamatoa LOVES to talk about himself, and his vanity is easily appealed to.
Enemy (Maui)- Maui ripped off one of Tamatoa's ten legs years ago, and the crustacean carries a grudge.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 41 / Defenses: 23 (115)

-Tamatoa is another one-off threat in the movie, and is an ancient monster that carries around Maui's Magic Fishhook as the perfect cap to his treasure horde. The heroes have to enter the "Realm of Monsters" via a giant portal into a dark part of the ocean, sneak up, and grab the Fishhook thanks to Moana's distraction. Tamatoa gets one of the movie's best songs, a David Bowie-inspired number that was written when the master performer died- Jermaine Clement does a pretty good Bowie impersonation, especially when the lights fall and he turns into a 1970s-blacklight acid sequence. This is all we really see of him (aside from a quick gag in the end credits), as he effortlessly beats on Maui thanks to his in inability to get the Fishhook working again, but is eventually knocked onto his back, preventing him from acting further. The closest thing to a "Villain Song" we're gonna get, since none of the other bad guys get dialogue.

-Tamatoa is vastly powerful, being a gigantic Coconut Crab who's powerful enough to effortlessly take down an unarmed Maui. Only a couple of weaknesses hold him back.
Jabroniville

Re: Rasputin

Post by Jabroniville »

Jack of Spades wrote:
Jabroniville wrote: Advantages: 
Attractive 2, Daze & Fascination (Persuasion), Second Chance (Death By Shooting)
You know, if ever there was a historical figure crying out for Diehard, I would've said it was Rasputin. Curious why you chose not to it to him.
Hm, I suppose you're right. I was going for less of a "mythical" variant, but both should probably have that.
Jabroniville

Te Ka

Post by Jabroniville »

TE KA
Played By:
N/A
Role: The Big Bad, Environmental Disaster
PL 12 (212)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+12)
Intimidation 12 (+12, +20 Size)

Advantages:
Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Smash, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers:
Growth 16 (Str & Sta +16, +16 Mass, +8 Intimidation, -8 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -16 Stealth) -- (120 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [33]

"Living Liquid"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 14 [14]
Regeneration 8 (Feats: Regrowth) [9]
Insubstantial 1 [5]
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]

"Lava Monster"
Lava Aura 12 Linked to Weaken Toughness 6 (Extras: Reaction +3, Affects Objects) [78]
"Ball of Lava" Blast 12 (Feats: Accurate 4) (Extras: Penetrating 6) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Weaken Toughness 10 (Extras: Affects Objects, Ranged) (52) -- [53]
  • AE: "Explosive Lava" Blast 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Weaken Toughness 6 (Extras: Affects Objects, Ranged, Area- 30ft. Burst) (44)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Lava Aura +12 (+12 Damage & +6 Weaken, DC 27 & 16)
Ball of Lava +8 (+12 Ranged Damage & +10 Weaken, DC 27 & 20)
Explosive Lava +10 Area (+10 Ranged Damage & +6 Weaken, DC 20 & 16)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +14, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Destruction)- Te Ka is destroying the entire living world.
Weakness (Water)- Te Ka cannot touch the water, lest it cause him tremendous pain and cause his limbs to fall off. He must take a few rounds in order to regrow lost body parts if this happens.

Total: Abilities: -32 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 191 / Defenses: 27 (212)

-Te Ka is basically our villain, but more of a "Natural Disaster" than an acting, speaking bad guy- it just kind of screams monster-noises and then throws lava, which is about the depth of its character. Maui is terrified of facing it, even WITH his Magical Fishhook... and when he finally does, disaster strikes- this thing is powerful enough to injure Maui VERY badly, even if their PLs are technically tied. With his Hawk Form, Maui can outmaneuver the thing, fly in, and hack away with his weapon, but the creature inevitably reforms.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Builds! (Anastasia! Rasputin! Moana! Maui! Tamatoa!)

Post by Spectrum »

I tend to watch movies at home rather than going out to theatres for lots of reasons. Most of them are with desiring more control over the viewing experience but also the sticker shock. So, I'm way behind on the current batch of hot movies. So nope, haven't seen Moana, Doctor Strange, Rogue One, Hidden Numbers and who knows how many other really awesome movies that I should have watched? ;)

I just did a quick look at the options around me and was really surprised to see quite a few nonEnglish theatres. More than just the regionally expected Spanish, I found quite a few with unfamiliar character sets- Korean? Vietnamese? Hindi? It could be fun to go to one sometime. I'll need to be a little careful though, I'm finding that some of the places I've gone too aren't too welcoming towards people outside of their cultures. Ah well, win some, lose some.

The Moana builds look really cool with some fun concepts. It's encouraging me to rent the DVD when it comes out.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Toshinden

Post by Jabroniville »

BATTLE ARENA TOSHINDEN:

-This little forgotten game series, hard as it may be to believe, was originally a HUGE Killer App on the Sony PlayStation, and a big part of why the Next Generation of gaming went the way it did. See, in the mid-90s, Sony was the newcomer on the scene, while the Super Nintendo & Sega Genesis were locked in desperate combat. With the new generation of consoles coming up, Sony threw their name into the hat, and pumped as much money as they could into the new system. While Nintendo sat on it's hands and delayed the "Ultra-64", and Sega jumped the gun on an underprepared Saturn to mess with Sony (and piss off their distributors), Sony scored tons of exclusive designers, and pushed the hell out of a few unique games.

Chief among these were Tomb Raider, Tekken (a Virtua Fighter rival with the same general concept), Crash Bandicoot (Sony's own Mascot game), and this game series- a 3-D fighting game (since Sony saw 3-D as the future- eventually only the Saturn was still bothering to focus on 2-D gaming, and it'd be years before they became "in" again). And unlike Virtua Fighter, it was ACTUALLY IN THREE DIMENSIONS, as the 3-D models could actually move into different planes by way of a "sidestep" move that could put you BEHIND an unsuspecting opponent! By combining that with a Samura Shodown-style concept of giving everyone weapons, Sony had a truly original game on the market, and the hype was immediate.

GamePlayers, my favourite video game magazine at the time, called it "The Best Brawler EVER!" while misquoting it's name as Toh Shin Den. That era of game mags was kind of entertaining, as they pretended not to have biases (eventually most mags out there were explicitly system-focused), had fun with their jobs (GamePlayers depicted itself as a fratboy-atmosphere full of crazy people, Demons and monsters), gave negative reviews to games that they'd obviously barely played (the infamous GamePlayers review of Yoshi's Island which gave it a middling score and didn't seem to realize that the Baby Yoshi cared for was MARIO) with only a handful of tiny paragraphs devoted to it, and more. And GP LOVED Toshinden. I mean, they talked about it CONSTANTLY, hyping it up in the Imports section before it ever got a stateside release. Other gaming mags were excited, though most didn't go to THAT level (they even gave the first game 98%, which was a then-UNHEARD-of score, going only to Final Fantasy III and Super Street Fighter II on the SNES!).

I thought the game was AMAZING when it first came out- with the best graphics in town at the time, it looked great, had the quickest action in 3-D gaming at the time, was state of the art (remember when 3-D fighters were NEW?), and the moves looked INTENSE. While the Special Moves were usually garbage (it was the first 3-D game to use Fireballs, and couldn't quite figure out how to use it in such a context- resulting in the most slow-moving projectile attacks EVER- you were more likely to walk into them going BACKWARDS than you were likely to actually get hit by it), if you got behind a guy and slashed him with your weapon, he sold it like you frickin' shot him and went flying- it even did extra damage! The "selling" in general was excellent with this series- it would be unsurpassed until at least Tekken 2, as guys reacted REALLY violently to every impact. You could even base your strategy around Ring-Outs, and the soundtrack was great on certain levels! The over-arching plot is your average Evil Corporation Runs Tournament For Mysterious Purposes.

The soundtrack? Still freaking bitching.

Does it hold up? Not REALLY. The sequel came out fairly quickly, and was a big improvement (with 5 new characters- 3-D fighters actually couldn't have very big rosters back in the day- nowadays they're likely to have more than 2-D games by virtue of the ease of making 3-D models and changing their appearances), but by this point, Tekken had basically taken it's place- the first game was considered weaker than Toshinden, but the sequel had eclipsed the former Killer App by this point, and nobody ever looked back. When Namco came out of the gates with the Soul Edge/Calibur series, it was a done deal. Toshinden 3 & 4 came out to zero fanfare and weaker sales, and everyone basically ignored them. Toshinden's day in the sun was over.

It was a big enough deal to both end up on the rival Saturn (in a VERY bad transfer that had the disastrous effect of making the Saturn look like a weaker system than the PlayStation, which was the LAST thing they wanted once Sony started kicking their asses), the GameBoy, AND get it's own anime OVA. It was as awful as you would expect, REALLY failing to live up to the hype of the game, or the awesome Street Fighter II Animated Movie.

It's pretty much youthful nostalgia that's bringing me to build these guys- there's not that many of them, and they differ from each other more than, say, the cast of Tekken or Virtua Fighter (EVERY GUY is basically "Unarmed Grappler"), so there's that. They're a handy variant on the Fighting Game build that's set up around PL 8 Weapon-User standards. I could imagine one of them taking on a member of Batroc's Brigade in a good fight or something :).

The Roster:
Eiji- The Ryu (with almost no originality)
Kayin- The Ken
Rungo Iron- The Big Guy, using a giant club
Fo Fai- Ancient Chinese assassin using finger claws
Mondo- Serious Japanese dude with a Spear.
Sofia- Female Secret Agent (that most-common of Fighting Game Character Types)
Ellis- The Cute Girl (before that concept ended up in EVERY Fighting Game)
Duke- a German Knight with a big sword
Gaia- The End Boss, with a bad-ass deep voice and a huge sword. Despite the name, it's a dude.
Sho- Secret Boss who was Eiji's brother and lightning-quick.

Toshinden 2 Added:
Chaos- Crazy Guy Character with a scythe
Tracey- A tough Lady Cop out to stop Chaos.
Uranus- The Sub-Boss, and an Angel.
Master- A Tiny Telekinetic woman with a Giant Sword attack.
Vermillion- A slow-walking bad-ass who used SHOTGUNS instead of Swords!

I'll skip out on Toshinden 3 & 4, since I've never played them, and the characters seem pretty uniformly terrible. The casts of the games weren't BAD, despite being drawn from the Bag O' Stereotypes (Eiji & Kayin are so Ken & Ryu-ish that it's embarassing)- a guy from DieHard GameFan was aghast at the game being 3-D, going "can you IMAGINE a 2-D Fighting Game with these characters!?!", an opinion that pissed me off at the time, but I now agree with- 2-D fighters are generally much more well-rounded, good games. But the character designs were pretty good.

For completion's sake, here's the remaining characters:

Toshinden 3:
(many characters are basically alternate versions of the main heroes)
Nagisa Iwashiro- Tracy's Japanese partner. A man with a woman's name.
David- English boy set up as "the Chosen One".
Shizuku Fuji- Geisha-like gambler, teams with David. Uses knives.
Bayhou- Fo's pet monkey, who now copies his fighting style now that the old man's dead.
Cuiling- Young girl who's a Triad assassin. Trained by, and fights like, Fo.
Leon- American Pirate who hunts Eiji over a past loss to him. Fights like Eiji.
Ten Count- Michael Jackson-looking English assassin. Fights like Kayin.
Zola- Austrian opera singer/assassin. Rival to Sofia.
Adam- Evil Robot. Counterpart of Rungo.
Toujin- Retired assassin out to find a potion of eternal youth for his dying wife.
Balga- Duke's rival Knight.
Atahua- Peruvian tribal boy seeking for a long-forgotten empire. Similar to Ellis. Uses blowguns.
Tau- Brazilian tribesman, similar to Gaia. Teams with Atahua.
Rachael- American mercenary, counterpart to Tracy, her long-lost twin sister.
Schultz- German assassin, similar to Chaos.
Judgement- An English Jason Voorhees, uses a chainsaw.
Mis Til- Malaysian fortune-teller.
Abel- The megalomaniacal leader of his evil organization. Wants to bring an evil God into the world via blood sacrifice. The only character not to use a weapon. 
Veil- Abel's his counterpart, and seeks to destroy the world.
Naru Amoh- Kayin's adopted daughter.

Toshinden 4:
Subaru Shinjo- Sho's son and Eiji's nephew, whom he trained.
Rook Castle- Subaru's friend, a photographer.
Puella- The daughter of Uranus.
Lancelot Lakeknight- Duke's charge.
Fen Barefoot- A young barefoot Brazilian boy, hunting Genma for killing his grandfather. Uses a harpoon. I'm going to assume he's a reference to the manga/anime Barefoot Gen.
Genma- Similar to Fo Fai, and is an evil sorcerer/assassin.
Miyabi- Lady ninja, and Genma's minion.
Bang-Boo- Cuban Cyborg teaming with Genma.
Zero- An android created by the bad guys and then sealed away because he was too chaotic and destructive. Eiji unleashed him and used him as an ally.
Eos- Angel-like android with the same origins as Zero.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
danelsan

Re: Jab's Builds! (Anastasia! Rasputin! Moana! Maui! Tamatoa!)

Post by danelsan »

While modern 3d models can be amazing, I still maintain that early 3d fighters had terrible visuals compared to well done 2d sprites. Like, an early 3d character couldn't even do a hadouken, since their hands were solid blocks unable to do the cupping positioning of the fingers. They might ragdoll around when taking an attack, but didn't change facial expression, and so on.
Jabroniville

Eiji

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

EIJI SHINJO
Role:
The Ryu
PL 9 (117)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Expertise (Soccer) 4 (+6)
Expertise (World Traveller) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+5)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Agile Feint, Equipment 1 (White Tiger Sword +2, Improved Critical), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2

Toshinden Fighting Style: 
Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Special Moves), Improved Defense

Powers:
"Rekkuzan- Slowest. Fireball. Ever." Blast 4 (8) -- [10]
  • AE: "Uppercut Move" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
"Uppercut Move" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sword +14 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Fireball +5 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Seeking His Brother)- Eiji is on a desperate search for his older brother Sho, whom he has idolized for years. He struggles to understand that the only person who can define his own destiny is himself.
Relationship (Kayin Amoh)- Eiji & Kayin are as close as siblings, but also rivals. Basically... they're Ken & Ryu.
Relationship (Subaru)- Eiji is now in charge of Sho's son Subaru, and tries to teach him swordfighting.
Relationship (Emi)- Shinji has a girlfriend, apparently. You never see her in the games.
Enemy (Vermillion)- This mysterious assailant has hunted Eiji since Toshinden 2.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 5 + 5 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 11 (117)

-This guy couldn't have been The Ryu anymore if he'd tried. Eiji is a short-haired Japanese dude who travels the world getting into fights and has a handsome, longer-haired white Rival who is also his Heterosexual Life Partner & Best Friend, and uses an Uppercut, a Fireball and a Cross-Screen manuever as Specials! He's also the most well-rounded member of the cast, averaging out speed & strength just like Ryu does. You'd imagine a guy with a Legendary Sword would do more damage, but no- he's just a lightweight compared to much of the cast, so it only adds +2 to Damage (+2 more with his Spinning Uppercut). Eiji is pretty clearly the best fighter of the "Regular" cast members, as he's the explicit winner of THE FIRST THREE TOURNAMENTS, but was interrupted before fighting Gaia, Uranus or Master in the canon.

-Eiji is searching for his brother Sho, and fights in the first tournament to locate him- he makes it to the final bout against Gaia, but the company in charge of the Tournaments interrupts it due to Gaia holding it on his own, without orders. In the next games, he'd joined an evil organization of his very own, but did so in order to bring it down from within- he's attempting to gather Four Sacred Weapons and protect them from evil people. Despite that, he grows more cold as the games go on.
Jabroniville

Duke

Post by Jabroniville »

DUKE B. RAMBERT
Role:
The Proper Knight, Mighty Glacier
PL 8 (99)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+10)
Athletics 7 (+10)
Expertise (Knight) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Benefit 3 (Knight, Wealth), Equipment 2 (Broadsword +3, Reach, Improved Critical, Penetrating 4), Ranged Attack 2

Toshinden Fighting Style: 
Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Weapon), Improved Critical (Special Moves), Improved Defense

Powers:
"Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Sword +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Special Moves +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Rivalry (Eiji Shingo)- Duke has been easily beaten by Eiji on two separate occasions, driving the arrogant, proud Frenchman mad.
Responsibility (Honour)- Duke will not attack a downed opponent.
Relationship (Uranus)- Duke's girlfriend became the new Uranus of the Himitsu Kessha/Organization.
Enemy (Balga)- A rival Knight, descended from Viking invaders of France, belongs to a family that has been at war with the Ramberts for centuries. They faced each other during the third tournament, but Duke slayed his old rival.
Relationship (Lancelot Lakeknight)- Duke took an apprentice for the fourth tournament.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 7 + 5 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 12 (99)

-Duke had a pretty decent design and concept, being one of the few Medieval-style Knights in Fighting Games, but his backstory is full of humiliating defeats at the hands of Eiji. Despite that, he's an honourable fighter, and was the only Toshinden character who didn't get an "Attack a Downed Opponent" moves.