Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

The Hosts of Darkness

Post by Jabroniville »

THE HOST OF DARKNESS: ST +11, STA +11, AGI +3, FIGHTING +6, INT +5, AWA +5, PRE +5, Dodge +2, Protection 6, Claws +2, Regeneration 6 (Regrows Limbs), Flight 6 (Winged), Immunity 5 (Fire, Half-Effect), Immunity (Poison), Senses (See the Invisible, Acute & Extended Scent- Tracking, Ultravision), "Wormwood Powers" (Most- Limited to When 3 or More Hosts are in the World), "Psionics" (Astral Projection, Clairvoyance, Empathy, Telepathy, See Aura, Total Recall, Detect Psionics, Psionic Diagnosis & Surgery, Healing Touch, Deaden Pain, Sleep, Mind Block Auto-Defense, Group Mind Block, Bio-Manipulation, Empathic Transmission, Hypnotic Suggestion, Mentally Possess Others, Psi-Sword, 1 other Super-Psionic Power) [127 + Wormwood Powers & Psionics]

LEADER OF THE HOST: FIGHTING +2, Toughness +2 [6]

-The most powerful beings who serve the Unholy have been trapped on Wormwood, and may never leave it- it's said that their origins are unknown, but they are from another dimension and were bound here. They may only leave when one is willing to give up their body permanently to the Host. When more Hosts are on a world, the more powerful they become- they thus have tons of powers (pretty much all the Commune With Womrwood stuff), and even more M.D.C.

-True bruisers, these guys have five attacks and great bonuses to hit, likely hitting PL 12 just in melee, and having about Toughness +18, making them PL 14 defensively. The Leader of the Host has two MORE attacks, plus extra Toughness. Their only real weakeness are Holy Water, inability to swim, and the fact that they cannnot regenerate damage to their eyes.
Jabroniville

The Unholy

Post by Jabroniville »

THE UNHOLY:
-A giant demon who sits on the throne of Wormwood, the Unholy is the leader of the forces of darkness. He is said to be clever and frightening, and will create a "Black Abyss" to imprison people for years when only days pass for them. He has 6,000+ M.D.C. (about +20 Toughness), tons of Skills, most of the Powers & Psionics of the Hosts plus a bit more, and does +14 Damage in melee, with equivalent accuracy to the leader of the Host (so about FIGHTING 13). Overall, he's PL 14 in melee, and PL 17 defensively. He has the same weaknesses as the Host- one of his eyes was permanently lost against the Confessor.

-His minions include Lesion (the second in command) and Lord Krikton, with Host-tier stats. Salome, Queen of the Demon Goblins, is a 10th-level human Shifter with a lot of Magic but not much else (Mages are underpowered in Rifts, remember), but is ambitious and dangerous. Naturally, she has tons of Blood Crystals & Symbiotes, and armor giving her +11 Toughness overall.
Jabroniville

Wormwood Done

Post by Jabroniville »

Wormwood Complete!:

-And that does it for Rifts Wormwood! Contained here is actually a pretty unique, well-defined setting- it feels like a legitimate "this is the only book you need" campaign setting, with a bit of ecology, a lot of Enemy Mooks to kill, and a fairly elaborate way to customize your characters via Blood Crystals & Symbiotes. It's a tad hopeless, like a lot of Rifts (sooooooo many bad guys, and the good guy organization is notably corrupt), but there's enough things that give a sense of "I want to play this", with Monks & Apoks being powerful and unique. The Mook hordes are a bit extreme, with 10 different variations of "Generic-esque Mook", but the Parasites and other things add a bit more. I can see why some people dig this, and I wonder how much of an effect it has on the rest of the setting.

-Moreover, did the setting's designers grow to regret linking it to Rifts, which moved on and left it be its own thing? Or did the link to their main setting boost sales way beyond what it would have been in the first place?
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Sky Riders! Feathered Serpents! Hosts of Darkness!)

Post by Ares »

From what I know, Wormwood was rarely, if ever, touched on in a major way. The most I recall is that whenever you'd get mention of symbiotes, parasites and similar things, there'd be a brief moment comparing them to the equivalent critters from Wormwood. I don't think it ever got another source book or anything similar tho.

But yeah, it definitely seems like an interesting place to visit, though I'm not sure I'd want to run a long term campaign there without some tweaks. But it does definitely have a "Rifts" feel to it, and is a kind of gonzo crazy fun place to adventure.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Mindwerks

Post by Jabroniville »

RIFTS SOURCEBOOK THREE: MINDWERKS (1994):
-A book I've only heard of by name, Mindwerks is apparently based around the "ideas that didn't make it into World Book Five (Triax and the NGR). Kevin S. denies that this makes it an "afterthought", adding that the book is more or less a splatbook for the Crazy O.C.C., with new "Mind Over Matter" implants and things like that. Oh, and EVIL MILLENNIUM TREES, so you know Kevin is already rock-hard over this one. He says that such ideas were his reason for doing Triax & the NGR in the first place, which is kind of funny seeing as how none of that made the game.

Mindwerks is overall interested in Europe- specifically, the German company of "Mindwerks", which was interested in psychic powers, and enhancing them in humans. The South American company "Psytronics" helped them out, and they were the foundation of the M.O.M. tech that made Crazies possible. This became immediately popular as an alternative to cumbersome bionics and deadly Juicer modifications, but soon the secrets were revealed- the benefactors of the process usually went nutso. Worse, 50% of the people who had the implants removed became suicidal, and 15% died immediately! Both companies' reputations were shattered and bankruptcy was inevitable... then the world blew up. The Coming of the Rifts wiped out much of humanity and wrecked EVERYONE, not just these companies. M.O.M. tech was rediscovered and gained new uses as risky, but possibly necessary, enhancements in this dangerous new world.

Ironically, the NGR has banned Crazy modification. However, it's still easy to get in various places, and the old Mindwerks facility still lives! But it merely abducts people using seductive "Angels" that modify victims against their wills. And, of course, it's because it was given the "Standard Rifts Excuse"- it was hidden from the world's dangers during the Coming of the Rifts, and was nearly-completed when they struck, leaving this pristine factory active. And so it hid away for a century or so, until finally revealing itself to one kingdom that had attained some prosperity... it was promptly attacked and devastated by a less-civilized one that was jealous, and Angel was badly injured and most of her allies killed! Reborn as a Full Conversion 'Borg, she became a cold, merciless, evil being. She experiments upon people, and has allied with the Brodkil, essentially helping jump-start the Brodkil Empire with her modifications.
Jabroniville

The Angels

Post by Jabroniville »

... fap?

THE ANGELS:
-The leader of Mindwerks during the Coming of the Rifts, the woman now called "The Angel of Death" was scrupulous and helpful at first, but when she was horribly maimed during an assault by another human kingdom, she went insane. Now, she is your typical "Kevin Villain"- a 100% evil, smirking tyrant who kills and tortures for the fun of it. She wants Mindwerks to be famous for its genius, and thinks nothing of sentient life whatsoever. With five attacks and +9 to hit, and around 500+ M.D.C., she is likely FIGHTING 13, Toughness +14, making her extremely deadly in combat in addition to being very smart (though only INT 5 or so- Rifts is oddly super-chintzy with Ability Scores, even in NPCs) and a great businesswoman and inventor. All of her key Cyborgs have brains that do not age, thanks to her own inventions.

Oh thank God we’re in the “Vince Martin” years again.

The Angel of Vengeance is her adopted daughter- an innocent little girl also maimed in that horrible battle. Burned to a crisp, she was reborn as a Killer Cyborg (drawn by Vince Martin, in one of his earliest Rifts designs! You can tell because it's all smooth lines and segmented body parts instead of a big, blocky thing). The Angel of Death had her rebuilt, and more or less "adopted" her, turning the girl into a twisted monster just like her. She is obsessed with hate and destruction, and wants to kill just about everything. So another "Kevin Trademark"- a being who kills with reckless abandon. She's also got Toughness +14-15 (depending on how heavy her armor is), SIX attacks, +8 to strike, +11 to parry, etc., likely adding up to around FIGHTING 14, as well as a RUNE SWORD that does about +14 damage- so a balanced PL 14-ish threat!

A third member of the group is given a bio- Marsalis is a red-skinned D-Bee who touched down from a random Rift and was enslaved by Mindwerks, but his insanity and evil appealed so much to the Angels that they've adopted him as a third partner! Oh, Rifts. He's now a Psynetic Crazy, and super-respected by all the Proud Warrior Races in Europe- the Brodkil & Gargoyles all love him. He's about FIGHTING 7-8 and has Crazy stuff.
Jabroniville

M.O.M. Modifications & Gear

Post by Jabroniville »

M.O.M. MODIFICATIONS:
-It's kinda funny they always call it "M.O.M." and almost never explain it means "Mind Over Matter", while Ishpeming will be refered to in brackets as "Northern Gun" in 100% of the line. This book elaborates more upon the idea, stating that nearly all mortal life forms can be modified in this way- only supernatural beings can't. Things means that even Gargoyles and Brodkil can get M.O.M. implants, but most avoid them because of the resulting insanity. We get new Random Tables (of course) for drawbacks and insanities, though some give temporary boosts (like an early push towards more Initiative until you get tired).

We get the option to have M.O.M. implants WITHOUT becoming the Crazy O.C.C., mainly by getting only one or two. Crazies can only get one minor Psynetic upgrade, while Psynetic Crazies may get only one standard Crazy one.

M.O.M. OPTIONS:
"Brain Programming" Immediately gains any five Skills at near-perfect levels. Side-Effects include great reductions and being easily distracted.
"Enhanced Healing" Regeneration 1-2. Side-Effects include recklessness & arrogance.
"Enhanced Physical Endurance" STA +1. Side-Effects include getting dumber or slower.
"Enhanced Speed" Speed +1, Leaping 1. Side-Effects include becoming addicted to going fast or compulsive timeliness.
"Enhanced Strength" ST +1. Side-Effects include reduced speed, IQ, etc.
"Eternal Brain" Allows the brain to survive for years without aging effects. Side-Effects include superiority complex or Psynetic drawbacks.
"Hyper Sense" Perception +2, Parry +1, Dodge +2. Side-Effects include being jumpy or hyper.

MINDWERKS GEAR:
* Mindwerks-based cybernetic gear.
"Brain Wave Identifier" Senses (Brain-Wave Detection- Acute).
"Controller Chip" Implanted into beings to make them more servile. Almost half of Angel's minions and experiments have these.
"Explosive Chip" Will detonate at the will of either Angel or Marsalis.
Woodclaw

Re: Feathered Serpent

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:28 pm Image

FEATHERED SERPENT

-LOL, Feathered Serpents are not what I expected. I was thinking like a Coatl or something, but instead I'm met with a scrawny, feather-winged Hammerhead Shark with spindly little arms. Like most Rifts animals, they are bloodthirsty, gleeful hunters who kill for the fun of it, and this makes them the preferred mounts of the Sky Rider O.C.C. Truly bizarre, I actually respect the imagination here, as unimpressive as they look. They are, of course, IMMENSELY dangerous, packing six attacks (limbs = more attacks in both D&D & Palladium games), good bonuses to hit, and very reasonable damage (5D6 Mega-Damage). Their toughness is more reasonable- likely around that of a human in very good M.D.C. Armor, making them slightly easier to hurt (PL 10.5), but a PL 13 creature is going to be incredibly deadly in this setting.
I don't know why, but nothing out of Wormwood (a setting I didn't know anything about but looks interesting) screams "alien world" as much as this. While the art style is completely different, this is the kind of stuff I would expect from an Alex Raymond or Mobius comic.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Psynetics

Post by Jabroniville »

PSYNETICS:
-Psynetics are a form of cybernetic brain implants that boost a character as a Crazy would be boosted- usually you have to be a Psionic of some kind. Like Crazies, only humanoids, Brodkil, Gurgoyles and things like that can get them. Any character is allowed two implants, but any more and they must become a Psynetic Crazy O.C.C. A Crazy may take only a single Psynetic implant, and vice-versa, without suffering huge amounts of brain damage. Attempts to remove them will immediately cause the implants to explode, and only Mindwerks can make them.

Psynetic Powers:
* Most may only be placed on someone with innate Psychic Powers.

"Advanced Sixth Sense" Will automatically sense whether or not something is dangerous, and can spend I.S.P. to know exactly what the source is and how to stop it. Analytical Danger Sense, kinda.
"Amplified Telemechanics" All the Telemechanics powers; can seize control of most high technology, disabling or controlling them. Affliction (Impaired/Disabled/Controlled or Paralyzed); Limited to Tech.
"Ectoplasmic Disguise" Use Ectoplasm to change the shape of face or body, but looks "waxy" and fake unless care is taken ahead of time- takes about a minute. Limited Morph.
"Kinesis Machine" Bestows Electro/Hydro/Pyro/Telekinesis, as the Psychic Power. Can get multiples- one implant for each power. Can be added to anyone, regardless of Psionics.
"Nano-Amplifiers" Increase range, duration & damage of Psionics by 50%. Adds extra I.S.P. Must be added to occasionally, or else you roll on a table (can be more or less powerful). If you run out, you lose all powers until they're added again.
"Psionic Defense System" impervious to see aura, sense evil, sense magic, detect psionics, psychic diagnosis, telepathy, empathy, and hypnosis. +2 to Will against Psionics. Not available to Psionics (would shut their powers off).
"Psionic Inducer" Each implant (maximum of two) gives a non-Psionic 1D4 Psionic Powers from Healing, Sensitive or Physical.
"Psionic Nullifier" Actually a negative added to Psionic characters- must roll above 14 on a D20 to use them.
"Psychometric Amplifier" Adds three additional powers from Healing, Sensitive or Physical. Maximum of two can be added.
"Psychometric Booster" Increases Physical, Healing & Super-Psionics by 50%, doubles range of Sensitive powers. Permanently reduces I.S.P. by 10%.
"Psynetic Eye" Adds Telescopic, Low-Light & Distance Vision. See the Invisible, Astral Beings & See Aura. Electromagnetic Blast- 40 I.S.P. for Blast 6.
"Telekinetic Extensions" Artificial Limbs that move indepently of the character and are controlled by them. Reduces I.S.P. by 10%. Each pair adds 1 attack (so FIGHTING 2, typically).
"TK Force Field Auto-Defense" Automatic Force Field with 20 M.D.C. per level.
"Telepathic Sender" Telepath power, but limited to 20 feet unless that character is also telepathic, then 1000 feet.
Jabroniville

Psynetic Crazy

Post by Jabroniville »

Apparently literally just some old art Kevin added metal zits to.

PSYNETIC CRAZY O.C.C.
Role:
Crazy With a Difference
PL 9 (113 + M.O.M. Implants/Psionics)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+10)
Athletics 4 (+8)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Military) 6 (+6)
Perception 6 (+6)
Technology 4 (+4)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Gear), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Crazy Enhancements"
Regeneration 2 [2]

"M.O.M. Implants" (choose two)
"Psynetic Implants" (choose three)

"Psynetic Augmentation" (TK Force Field Auto-Defense, Telepathic Sender, Psynetic Eye)

"Three Types"
"Non-Psionic" (ST +1, Speed 1, FIGHTING +2, Ranged Attack +2)
"Minor/Major Psionic" (3 powers from Sensitive, Healing or Physical or 1 Super-Psionic)
"Master Psionic" (FIGHTING +2, Ranged Attack +2, 3x range on Detect Psionics & Sense Evil, 10 powers from Sensitive, Healing or Physical, 4 Super-Psionic powers)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Weapons +6 (+8-12 Ranged Damage, DC 23-27)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +11, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Crazy)- Crazies tend to tap their fingers nervously, babble to themselves, etc. They get on people's nerves.
Responsibility (Mindwerks)- Most Psynetic Crazies are the minions of Mindwerks, and have chips installed into them to ensure loyalty- they may put them under remote control or simply blow them up if they disobey orders.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 34 + M.O.M. Implants/Psionics / Defenses: 9 (113 + M.O.M. Stuff/Psionics)

-I mean, they added a big section of "Psynetics", and this is a Crazy-themed "splatbook", so you had to know this one was coming, right? With an image that's only a simple, curly-haired guy with little "metal zit" M.O.M. implants, this is meant to showcase all those fancy Psynetics. Not as physically powerful as regular Crazies, these "Psi-Crazies" boast psionic powers instead. These have a lot of variation to them, depending on which powers you pick- Psynetics allows for some pretty sweet powers, or just basic "better at stealth" stuff. Then there's the three FURTHER variants, including one that's stronger and a better fighter but with no Psionics, what Minor & Major Psionics get (extra powers), and then Master Psionics, who get a MUCH better range of stuff, including the extra attack AND 14 more Psionic powers in total! They have solid skill selection and are decent fighters with a few of the options available.
Jabroniville

Mindwerks Robots

Post by Jabroniville »

MINDWERKS ROBOTS
Role:
Kill-O-Bots, Guard Robots
PL 12 (133)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE --

Skills:
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+3)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Languages 2 (Various), Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
"Labor Robot"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 11 [11]
Senses 9 (Infravision, Ranged Vision 2, Extended Hearing, Ultra-Hearing, "Radar" Radius Radio Sense- Ranged 2) [9]
"Spotlights/Searchlight" Environment 1 (Light) [1]
Communication 3 (Radio) (Extras: Area, Selective) [18]
Features 5: Video Recording, Self-Destruct, Loudspeaker, Increased Mass 2 [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Ranged Attacks +11 (+xx Ranged Damage, DC xx)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +11, Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
Motivation (Programming)

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 74 / Defenses: 12 (133)

-Mindwerks uses three automoton-type defenders, all very durable things with no personalities. At minimum, they are more durable than most starter PCs unless you have the best gear, but their most dangerous aspect is their HUGE number of attacks- even the baseline one is +13 to hit!

M-1000 PANTHER- PL 12 (180): Flight 8 (500 mph), "Head Lasers" Blast 11, "Mini-Missiles" (Burst Ranged Damage 10) [47]
-The Panther is a... flying torso that looks nothing like a cat. Okay then. They are defense/security robots. They have baseline Toughness (+11) and some basic gear. They have SIX ATTACKS and +5 to hit, making them remarkably dangerous despite being the baseline thing.

lol look at how much unnecessary shit they piled on this one.

M-1200 LION- PL 14 (197): FIGHTING +2, Dodge +2, Ranged Attack +2, Protection +2, Flight 7 (250 mph), Extra Limbs 2, Elongation 1, "Mini-Rail Gun" Blast 14, "Laser Weapon Arm" Blast 10, "Mini-Missiles" (Burst Ranged Damage 10), Equipment 5 (Blast 13 Ion Cannon) [64]
-The Lion looks pretty much like a pimped-out version of the Panther, with more limbs, more crap sticking off of it, etc. They have 350 M.D.C., making them two notches tougher than the Panther. It carries a side-arm that does Rail Gun-tier damage (Blast 13). And if you thought six attacks was rough, try fighting this one, which has NINE! +6 to strike & dodge and +10 to parry, too. So with their Rail Guns, they become PL 13.5 machines of death, and are PL 14 defensively as well.

M-1400 TIGER- PL 12 (178): FIGHTING +1, Parry +1, Dodge +1, Claws +1 (Split), Speed 6 (120 mph), Leaping 2 (30 feet), "Head Lasers" Blast 11, "Mini-Missiles" (Burst Ranged Damage 10) [45]
-This one actually kinda looks like what it says it is- a bipedal, robotic predator. These are hunter-killers that target individuals- they're less tough than Lions and can't even fly, so are worse in every possible way. Heck, they only have a paltry SEVEN attacks per round, with +6 to hit and +8 to parry!
Jabroniville

Mindwerks Gear

Post by Jabroniville »

MINDWERKS GEAR:
Guns & Stuff:
-The same old junk. Lots of Blast 11 guns, but a heavy one that's Blast 13. The Robots commonly use "Ion Rifle Tubes" that do Blast 12.

Robot Vehicle:
"M-1600 Bear" ST 9, Toughness +15, +1 attack to pilot (+2 FIGHTING), Speed 5, Leaping 2, +3 to Ranged Attack & FIGHTING, "Tear Gas Grenades" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed & Impaired/Stunned & Disabled/Incapacitated & Unaware) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Cloud +2), AE: "Frag Grenades" Blast 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst), AE: "Mini-Missiles" Blast 12 (Feats: Extended Range 2) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst), AE: "Multiple Ion & Particle Beams/Head Blasters" Blast 14 (Feats: Extended Range 2) (Extras: Multiattack), "Smoke Dispenser" Concealment 2 (Vision) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cloud +2, Attack)

-The Bear is actually a Robot Vehicle, not a regular Robot, and is instead piloted. Pretty weak in melee (only +9 damage), they have a TON of different armaments, making them dangerous.
Jabroniville

Mindwerks Full Conversion Borg

Post by Jabroniville »

MINDWERKS FULL CONVERSION BORG O.C.C.
Role:
Unfortunate Victim
PL 8 (86)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Expertise (Any Career) 6 (+6)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Gear), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Cyborg"
Protection 11 (Extras: Impervious 9) [20]
Speed 5 (60 mph) [5]
Immunity 2 (Drowning & Suffocation) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
Features 1: Sound Filtration System) [1]
Senses 3 (Ultravision, Infravision, Ultra-Hearing) [3]
Comprehend 2 (Languages) [4]

"M.O.M. Conversions"
"Brain Programming" (Pick One)
(Combat: FIGHTING +2, Improved Grab & Hold, Fast Grab)
(Data: Math +8, Technology +12)
(Espionage: Espionage +12, Tracking, Survival +6, Streetwise +10)
(Explosives: Demolitions +12, Technology +8)
(Electrical: Technology +12)
(General: Survival +6, Vehicles +4)
(Language: Languages) (lol did they forget they get that automatically?)
(Mechanical: Technology +12)
(Supernatural: Demon & Monster Lore +12, Faerie Lore +12, Magic +10, Streetwise +6)
(Surveillance: Secret Agent +10)
(Vehicles: Can pilot more kinds of vehicles)

"Three Other Cybernetic Attachments of Choice"

Offense:
Unarmed +3 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Weapons +3 (+8-12 Ranged Damage, DC 23-27)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +14, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Victims)- These Borgs are the unfortunate victims of the Angels, who have likely kidnapped them and performed experiments that turned them into inhuman beings. They usually have tracking & explosive devices implanted into them to ensure loyalty.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 34 + Cybernetics / Defenses: 6 (86)

-The creations of the Angels, these Full Conversion Borgs are often kidnapped victims with no interest in cybernetics- they're borderline Unkilled Vagabonds with great power, as a result. Only a few O.C.C. skills but then a pile of "related" skills- ten, which is the most I think I've seen. However, Military, Espionage & Electrical are out, meaning they're likely just domestic types, pilots, or possibly scientists. These are notably NOT able to pick "Boxing" right away I guess, as its available if they choose a "Combat" package from their Brain Programming M.O.M. implants. This makes them pretty weak overall, though they have TONS of M.D.C. (Full Conversion Borgs typically have 450-ish to start) and access to good gear.
Jabroniville

Null Psyborg

Post by Jabroniville »

So funny when Martin's art comes in and it's so completely wild and different from the other stuff, despite being the same army/organization.

NULL PSYBORG O.C.C.
Role:
Anti-Psi Fighter
PL 8 (110)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Military) 6 (+6)
Perception 6 (+6)
Technology 4 (+4)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Gear), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Enhanced Defense System"
Concealment 1 (Psychic Senses) [2]
Enhanced Will Save 4 (Flaws: Limited to vs. Psionics) [2]
"Psionic Energy Null Field" Immunity 12 (Illusions, Magic Curses 2, Bio-Manipulation, Empathic Transmission, Mind Bond, Mind Wipe) (Flaws: Fades) [6]

"Psionic Disruption" Weaken Psionics 8 (8) -- [9]
  • AE: "Magical Disruption" Weaken Magic 8 (8)
"Bionic Legs" Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]
"Bionic Body Armor" Protection 7 [7]
Features 3: Toxic Filter, Clock Calendar, Gyro-Compass [3]
Immunity 2 (Drowning & Suffocation) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
Senses 3 (Ultravision, Infravision, Ultra-Hearing) [3]
Comprehend 2 (Languages) [4]

"Bio-Programming" (Boost Any Five Skills)

Offense:
Unarmed +3 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Weapons +3 (+8-12 Ranged Damage, DC 23-27)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +11, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Weakness (No Psionics)- Telepathic communication will not work with a Null Psyborg.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 34 + Cybernetics / Defenses: 12 (110)

-The Null "Psyborg" is a Mindwerks creation meant to be completely immune to Psionic powers- the ultimate character to send against Mind-Melters and the like. They are Immune to Psionic Detection, can disable Psionics & drain I.S.P. or P.P.E. at-will. They also have the "Bio-Programming" Skill-booster, as well as the potential to have any kind of gear, including stolen Magical stuff, Power Armor (even Kittani types), or a special vehicle, but you can only choose one.
Jabroniville

Ecto-Traveler

Post by Jabroniville »

ECTO-TRAVELER O.C.C.
Role:
Bathroom Psychic, Summoner
PL 8 (104)
STRENGTH
-- STAMINA 0 AGILITY --
FIGHTING -- DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Magic) 6 (+7)
Expertise (Demon & Monster Lore) 8 (+9)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Astral Projection" Remote Sensing (Vision, Hearing) 15 (Flaws: Visible to Invisible & Astral Beings) [45]
Comprehend 2 (All Languages) [4]

"Ectoplasmic Body" Summon 12 (Feats: Mental Link) (Extras: Controlled, Heroic +2) (Flaws: Limited to Every 12 Hours if Destroyed/Takes 10 Minutes to Re-Enter Astral Plane, Stunned Effect if Summon Destroyed) [37]
Teleport 12 (Extras: Extended, Accurate) (Flaws: Limited to Teleporting Summon -2) [24]

Offense:
Unarmed -- (cannot damage)
Initiative --

Defenses:
Dodge -- (DC 0), Parry -- (DC 0), Toughness +0, Fortitude +0, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Invalid)- Ecto-Travelers are so weak as to be completely helpless in their natural bodies, requiring machines in order to live.
Disabled (Insanity)- Ecto-Travelers often go a bit mad, and must roll on "Insanity Tables" every few levels or so.

Total: Abilities: -20 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 110 / Defenses: 2 (104)

---

ECTOPLASMIC BODY
Role:
Summoned Creation
PL 11 (134 + Psionics), Minion Rank 11-12
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6/14 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Magic) 6 (+7)
Expertise (Demon & Monster Lore) 8 (+9)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 1

Powers:
"Ectoplasm"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Immunity 26 (Bludgeoning Damage, Explosions) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [13]
Protection 7 [7]
Insubstantial 1 [5]
Regeneration 2 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [3]

"Grows Extra Limbs"
Extra Limbs 8 [8]
Enhanced Fighting 8 [16]
Enhaned Advantages 8: Ranged Attack 8 [8]

"Psionics" (All Sensitive Powers, Electrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, Mind Bolt, Psi-Shield, Psi-Sword)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Extra Limbs +14 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +6 (+14 Extra Limbs, DC 16-24), Toughness +7, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Vulnerable (Magic)- Magical Attacks do double-damage.
Disabled (Cannot Wear Armor)- Body armor and the like is unavailabe to an Ectoplasmic being.

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 88 + Psionics / Defenses: 11 (134 + Psionics)

-Oh man, this guy doesn't even get any art. The Ecto-Traveler uses a cluster of brain implants "that is physically debilitating but psychically liberating", becoming a paralyzed invalid who is sustained only by life support systems, but is almost a literal "Bathroom Psychic" that can create an Ectoplasmic Body for their astral self and project it all over. This makes them dependent on the Angel of Death and the few scientists she's shared this process with, but many grow to become "maniacal" power-mad individuals.

-Ecto-Travelers are a bit complicated in that the original O.C.C. of the character can change things- tech-based characters will be at negatives to their original Expertise, but a Magic-User retains knowledge about Ley Lines, Magic and the like. The Ectoplasmic Body has a lot of psionic power, but is fairly weak and VERY vulnerable- it's meant to be disposable, and I would imagine is ideal for recon missions and stuff, but not heavy-hitting. However, there's that unique trick- "Extra Limbs", adding an attack per limb! This gives them an immense +14 to hit, and with the ability to create a Psi-Sword, they can do some very reasonable damage, hitting PL 9-11 or so. They're PL 10.5 defensively just as a baseline, and can of course add a Psi-Shield (Enhanced Parry) to that.