Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Jun Ching

Post by Jabroniville »

GENERAL JUN CHING
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Tales of Suspense #41 (May 1963)
Role: Exiled Axis, Jobber
Group Affiliations: The Axis Powers
PL 6 (70)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Military) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Technology 2 (+4)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Guns & Stuff), Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Ranged Attack 2

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Pistol +6 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Prejudice (Axis Powers)- The Exiles are hiding away on a lost island, fearful of being punished for war crimes.
Rivalry/Relationship (The Red Skull, Other Nazis)- The Exiles are loyalists to the old Axis powers, but have fought against the Skull before. Each wants power for themselves- Ching in particular contested the Skull's insistence upon ruling America.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (70)

-Looking like a REALLY bad racial stereotype (giant, snaggle-toothed grin, teeny little eyes), General Ching is presumably a Chinese traitor that allied with the Axis Powers- his surname could even mean that he's a relative of the final Chinese Emperor (though it's likely just because China was an American enemy at the time). He's the only member of this group of military men who actually HAS A GUN, but never manages to shoot anybody with it. When Captain America is defeated by the Exiles, Ching is the only one smart enough to just suggest putting a bullet in his back, but no- the Skull insists that if they mind control Cap, they will EASILY take over the world, so they create a scheme. Ching is largely just a generic military guy.

-Of the Exiles, Ching is the only one who has definitely been killed on-panel- he was shot through the head by Victoria Hand (Norman Osborn's former assistant, then allied with Captain America) in a 2011 story.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Eric Gruning

Post by Jabroniville »

ERIC GRUNING
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
PL 6 (80)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 3 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Technology 2 (+4)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Electrified Whip- Strength-Damage +3- Reach 3), Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Ranged Attack 2, Weapon Bind

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Whip +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Prejudice (Axis Powers)- The Exiles are hiding away on a lost island, fearful of being punished for war crimes.
Rivalry/Relationship (The Red Skull, Other Nazis)- The Exiles are loyalists to the old Axis powers, but have fought against the Skull before. Each wants power for themselves.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (80)

-Another German, Gruning uses an Electrified Whip as a weapon. He was the Exile most loyal to the Red Skull, immediately befriending him again on the villain's return. He is presumed dead after a castle was collapsed on him by S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Daisy "Quake" Johnson.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Nomads! The Red Skull! Arnim Zola!)

Post by Jabroniville »

micah_sweet wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:02 am Does anyone know where Galactus is posted? I can't find him in the old or new cosmic builds.
He's listed with his Heralds: https://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/v ... 725#p77725
Jabroniville

Ivan Krushki

Post by Jabroniville »

IVAN KRUSHKI
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
PL 6 (67)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Deception 3 (+3)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Grab, Ranged Attack 2

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Rivalry/Relationship (The Red Skull, Other Nazis)- The Exiles are loyalists to the old Axis powers, but have fought against the Skull before. Each wants power for themselves.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (67)

-A huge Russian Stereotype, Krushki is a burly, hairy, bearded, barrel-chested brawler. As a Russian allied with the Axis, he is presumably a traitor; possibly a Czarist "White Russian" who hates the Commies. But really he's probably just there to stick it to the U.S.S.R. He fights unarmed, and is thus the best fighter of his group. He is presumed dead after a castle was collapsed on him by S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Daisy "Quake" Johnson.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Franz Cadavus

Post by Jabroniville »

GLORIOUS.

FRANZ CADAVUS- MONARCH OF THE MURDER CHAIR
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
PL 7 (58)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY -4
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 3 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Technology 2 (+4)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Murder Chair), Ranged Attack 3

Equipment:
"Murder Chair"
(Medium Size; Strength 1, Flight 2, Defense 8, Toughness 6, Blast 7) -- (26 points)
(Enhanced Agility 4)

Offense:
Unarmed +3 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Murder Chair +7 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative -4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3, Fortitude +3, Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (Crippled)- Cadavus has never been seen out of his Murder Chair- presumably he is crippled.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (58)

-Carrying the phenomenal moniker of THE MONARCH OF THE MURDER CHAIR, Cadavus appears to be crippled. He's in a Hoverchair and is the co-highest-PL of the group owing to some nasty Laser Blasts, but he's also the easiest member to hit. He is presumed dead after a castle was collapsed on him by S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Daisy "Quake" Johnson.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scrollreader

Post by Scrollreader »

... you know. I wasn't sure if anyone could top Zola for my favorite Cap Villain (Skull is better, ofc, but I have a soft spot for mr display chest). But I hadn't counted on The Monarch of The Murder Chair. What an incredibly jobberific buffoon.
micah_sweet

Post by micah_sweet »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:11 am
micah_sweet wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:02 am Does anyone know where Galactus is posted? I can't find him in the old or new cosmic builds.
He's listed with his Heralds: https://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/v ... 725#p77725
Thanks! I love your commentary.
brothersale

Re: The Red Skulls

Post by brothersale »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:50 am Image

Albert Malik, the Godless Commie Red Skull.

THE RED SKULL I-IV:
-Yes, even the RED SKULL has had multiple incarnations, though most were retcons.
Just little note here as three (yes three Skulls) have been missed.

The first appears in the 1940s in Captain America Comics #61 and battles cap before falling to his death off a dam. He returns in Captain America's Weird Tales #74 where he is battles Cap again in the underworld having conned the "devil" into dragging Cap down there by placing Steve Roger's name in the book of the dammed. His name has not revealed and he could have even been George Maxon.

The Second appears in the 1950s leading the group of former nazis that were working on a new Super-Soldier Serum by combining a some of the original formula which created Captain America and the Infinity Formula. They were able to create one impostor of Cap before their house of cards was brought down by the Avengers Initiative (aka the 1950s Avengers), and he ended up being decappitated by Sabertooth (one of the members of the Avengers Initiative) - New Avengers Vol 2 #11 and #12

The Third was Johann Shmidt daughter Sin during the period of time when the orignal had died and before the clone showed up. This is roughly the period after the civil war to shortly before the events of Pleasant Hill.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Scrollreader wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:21 am ... you know. I wasn't sure if anyone could top Zola for my favorite Cap Villain (Skull is better, ofc, but I have a soft spot for mr display chest). But I hadn't counted on The Monarch of The Murder Chair. What an incredibly jobberific buffoon.
I concur. This is one of the greatest names ever.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Spam

Re: Franz Cadavus

Post by Spam »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:26 am Image
There needs to be a rule that every panel in which he speaks must include the words "Murder Chair"
Ken

Post by Ken »

And then there's the Scarlet Skull who fought Daredevil.

Not Matt Murdock, the other one. He predated the Red Skull by two months.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:09 pm
Scrollreader wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:21 am ... you know. I wasn't sure if anyone could top Zola for my favorite Cap Villain (Skull is better, ofc, but I have a soft spot for mr display chest). But I hadn't counted on The Monarch of The Murder Chair. What an incredibly jobberific buffoon.
I concur. This is one of the greatest names ever.
haha, this is why I posted them separately instead of en masse. I remember last time I posted the Exiles nobody really commented, because it was a mass-post of like six dudes. Somehow, splitting up the builds makes them stand out a lot more.
Jabroniville

Re: The Red Skulls

Post by Jabroniville »

brothersale wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:15 pm
The first appears in the 1940s in Captain America Comics #61 and battles cap before falling to his death off a dam. He returns in Captain America's Weird Tales #74 where he is battles Cap again in the underworld having conned the "devil" into dragging Cap down there by placing Steve Roger's name in the book of the dammed. His name has not revealed and he could have even been George Maxon.

The Second appears in the 1950s leading the group of former nazis that were working on a new Super-Soldier Serum by combining a some of the original formula which created Captain America and the Infinity Formula. They were able to create one impostor of Cap before their house of cards was brought down by the Avengers Initiative (aka the 1950s Avengers), and he ended up being decappitated by Sabertooth (one of the members of the Avengers Initiative) - New Avengers Vol 2 #11 and #12

The Third was Johann Shmidt daughter Sin during the period of time when the orignal had died and before the clone showed up. This is roughly the period after the civil war to shortly before the events of Pleasant Hill.
Weird- none of these characters are listed on Wikipedia (the '50s Skull I know of is Malik, the Communist one) save Sin, who I wasn't counting.

Looks like they're just one-off imposters:
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Red_Skul ... Earth-616)
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Red_Skul ... Earth-616)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

"Iron Hand" Hauptmann

Post by Jabroniville »

"IRON HAND" HAUPTMANN (Jurgen Hauptmann)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
PL 7 (97)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+5)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Military) 6 (+9)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 2 (+5)
Technology 2 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Hand), Ranged Attack 2, Weapon Bind

Powers:
"Iron Hand" (Flaws: Removable) [15]
Electrical Blast 8 (16) -- (17)
  • AE: Strength-Damage +3 (3)
Features: Contains Computer Virus (1)
-- (18 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Hand +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Blast +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 9 (97)

-The most-powerful of the group, Iron Hand Hauptmann is so German his last name is "CAPTAIN", and appears to have skipped out on some of the older stories (he was involved in the first one, and the Dr. Doom one). However, he appeared the most out of the group in modern stories- he get Tony Stark kidnapped in a 1998 Iron Man story, and in Ed Brubaker's Cap run, he tried to spy on Cap, Bucky & Sharon, but got his hand crushed. He was presumably killed by Sharon Carter shooting him a bunch of times through the chest in a 2011 story.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Master Man (Invaders Era)

Post by Jabroniville »

MASTER MAN I (Wilhelm "Willie" Lohmer)
Created By:
Roy Thomas & Frank Robbins
First Appearance: Giant-Size Invaders #1 (June 1975)
Role: Powerhouse, Super-Racist
Group Affiliations: The Super-Axis
PL 10 (125)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Nazi Soldier) 7 (+9)
Intimidation 7 (+9)
Perception 3 (+5)
Stealth 1 (+5)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Takedown

Powers:
"Flying Brick Power-Set"
Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10, Fortitude +11, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Nazism)- A garden-variety Nazi thug (and a traitor to the U.S.), Willie Lohmer despises asians, blacks, arabs, jews, aboriginals, and everyone else who isn't totally white.

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 12 (125)

-The original Master Man was a '70s character invented for The Invaders, as basically a retroactive super-villain who existed in the '40s to face The Invaders. See, Marvel's Golden Age was so weaksauce that they didn't actually have many good villains from that era at all, so they kind of had to INVENT some. He and the other bad guys were actually winking jabs at DC, with Master Man being a "Golden Age Superman, Pre-Powerup" guy, Warrior Woman being Wonder Woman, etc.

-Willie Lohmer is also a "Dark Mirror Image" of Steve Rogers, in many ways. Physically frail like Steve, he was an American Bundist and a traitor, who gained a Nazi version of Dr. Erskine's Super-Soldier Serum, granting him physical powers far beyond even Cap's. Now called Master Man, he is the first of a new "master race". However, he is beaten when his new abilities prove to be temporary. He later appears in Marvel Two-In-One, teaming up with Brain Drain, U-Man & Skyshark to attack New York, but the Thing (travelling through time) and the Liberty Legion team up to defeat them. He later meets Warrior Woman and Hitler demands the two marry and produce new "master race" offspring- however, the wedding is broken up by the Golden Age Human Torch's attack, and the priest is killed by a falling building.

-Master Man later teams up with Lady Lotus and her Super-Axis forces, and is seen revived in modern times in Namor, then in the backstory of The Black Panther, and is finally seen as an old man living in Switzerland in Cable- guilt-ridden and wishing to make amends for his past, he dies shielding Cable from a bullet fired by the Hellfire Club. The Namor thing, where he's young, either was ignored or his suspended animation wore off.

-The original Master Man is actually a very dangerous foe for the Invaders, easily lasting in fights against Cap, Namor & the Torch- all pretty powerful PL 10-11-ish guys at that point. He's a solid PL 10 brawler, doing a fair bit of damage.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.