Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Anaconda! Diamondback! Black Mamba!)

Post by Ares »

greycrusader wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:46 am Ares, what did you see as a break from character in the Gail Simone book? I ask because I honestly had very little familiarity with the characters, except for Diamondback. I pretty much avoided all of Liefeld's X-Men work, and while I've enjoyed the odd Deadpool issue or three, I don't know much about Outlaw either. And its honestly been so long since the old Cap days that I couldn't really say how much different Diamondback is supposed to be from her time as Steve's girlfriend (it doesn't help that she's popped up so rarely since then).
Domino's personality has almost always been that of a professional mercenary, one who did the job she was paid for and who would occasionally make the odd sarcastic remark, either to anger an opponent or to comment on a teammate. She had a hard time forging personal bonds due to her lifestyle and how her powers worked, so she tended to keep people at arms length. For the longest time, Cable was the only person who was able to maintain any kind of relationship with her, and even when he flat out told her that he appreciated her and cared a great deal about her, Domino's automatic reaction was to act like Cable was joking, even though she knew he wasn't. Because acknowledging that he was being serious would mean acknowledging her own feelings about him, and it was safer for her to pretend to not know what he was talking about and hurt his feelings now. But she eventually did approach him, and with great difficulty slowly make it clear she felt the same way.

This was a serious, professional woman used to keeping her emotional distance with people, to the point that when the only man she really cared for let his own guard down and opened up to her about his feelings, her first impulse was to push him away by pretending ignorance.

Part of it was due to how her powers worked. Her luck powers are either a probability altering field similar to the Scarlet Witch or the Black Cat, or it's actually a subconscious, mild telekinetic field that 'feels' things around her, and it detects something that could harm her, the field slightly nudges things to save her, giving her the appearance of having good luck. Either way, her powers protected her, often at the cost of not protecting her allies, or even putting them in danger. She's been in missions where she was the only one that survived due to her powers, so she stopped getting attached to people in order to spare herself the constant heartache when they passed.

So to see that character basically act like Harley Quinn, being instantly smitten with Shang Chi, buying a replica of his old outfit from a cosplay site, talking at length about cosplay and how the other Shang outfit would have required pasties, or fangirling about the Black Widow, or talking to a puppy for an overly long gag, it's just really, really jarring.

Outlaw gets a pass because Gail created her.

Diamondback is constantly referred to as "a snob", and throws a lot of "darlings" and acts like she's some wealthy upperclass twit. Diamondback is a lot of things, but she was NEVER a snob. She was born in Texas, grew up poor, wanted to join the same criminal gang as her brothers, watched one brother die and was abused by the man who would be Crossbones, later worked at a local retail store to try and live a normal life before finally deciding to get back into crime. This time by training with Taskmaster and getting a gimmick, becoming Diamondback.

Rachel initially wanted wealth solely to give her comfort and security. She chose diamonds as her weapons (even though they were fake diamonds) as a reminder of what her long term goals were, how everything was a process to get rich and so she could enjoy herself. Part of her character growth after meeting Cap was realizing that Steve gave her that same level of comfort and security, not because he was rich, but because he cared for her and made her want to be a better person. Once she decided to get out of crime, she was willing to work retail again, or even join the Avengers support staff.

She was a lot of things. She was not a snob. And she definitely didn't go around calling everyone "DARLING" like she was frickin Edna Mode.

The sad, sad thing is that the personality Gail gave Domino would have fit a lot more closely with Diamondback. Rachel being gobsmacked over a hot hero and putting her foot in her mouth? Totally in character for her. Kicking ass while also complaining about the lousy turn of events? Also in character for her. Being very snarky and sarcastic, making combat quips and the like? All her as well. Even forming her own all girl squad is completely in keeping with Rachel's personality.

In much the same way that the Thor in Thor 3 and Endgame would have worked better as Hercules, the Domino book Gail wrote would have worked a lot better if Dominio were replaced with Diamondback.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Anaconda! Puff Adder! Cottonmouth! Diamondback!)

Post by Ares »

Woodclaw wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:43 pm
Ares wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:37 am Ah Diamondback. With the exception of MCU Peggy Carter (I mean, my God, Hayley Atwell . . . ) I think Diamondback is my top choice for a Cap love interest, followed closely by Bernie Rosenthal.
Funny, for me it's the opposite, I usually rank Bernie just a tad over Rachel, but that's just because I really the idea of "dating the person" over "dating the mask". Bernie was in love with Steve, not with Cap, which pushed just a bit higher in my eyes.
Ares wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:37 amBernie was fun because she was a normal girl who wouldn't put up with Steve's moping and wouldn't let the drama of his superhero life bother her. She managed to be fun and supportive in a way that didn't make her feel like a Mary Jane clone.
What made Bernie really different from Mary Jane is that she arrived (roughly) in the same spot from a completely different direction. For a really long time, Bernie had no idea that Steve was Cap and, in fact, she had to come to terms with it but she was never negative about it. In actual fact her decision to say "fuck it, I don't care" came in one of the most hilarious issue of Stern's run (#289) when she dreams of a reversed reality, where she was the superhero and Steve was just a regular guy. So while MJ knew that Pete was Spidey from the beginning and had to deal with the consequences later, we saw what Bernie had to go through.
That was kind of the thing I found interesting with Rachel and Steve. By the time the two met, Steve had largely abandoned his "Steve Rogers" identity, though to be fair, Steve was never one of those heroes who acted differently in or out of his costume. It's not really a case of whether Steve Rogers was the mask or Captain America was the mask, he was always the same person and whether he was Steve or Cap just depended on what he was wearing at the time.

But by the time Rachel came along Steve had given up trying to maintain a normal civilian life. He was living full time in the Avengers Mansion, he was living off his Avengers membership checks, he had no regular job nor had any friends outside of his superhuman circle. He became much more serious and stiff as a result, basically trying to live up to the responsibilities of Captain America 24/7, not really giving himself any personal time for fun or doing things outside of his role as Cap.

Rachel was initially attracted to Steve because he's a 6'4" handsome man with the body of a Greek god, but over time she started to fall for him for much less superficial reasons, being attracted to his personality, caring about his opinion, and eventually wrangling a date out of him. And Steve, despite himself, wound up falling for her, admitting that it felt good to just have fun and behave like a normal person again after spending so much time focused on Cap.

Bernie basically met Steve at his most "normal", when he was making a living as an artist and trying to maintain a healthy balance between being Captain America and being just another American citizen, keeping in touch with the normal person on the street and such. Rachel met Steve when he had focused almost all of his energy on being Captain America, and she helped him re-learn how to put the mission aside for a while and just be a normal man.

Bernie challenged Steve to not let his role as Captain America consume him entirely and to make room in his life for normal people. Rachel found a Steve who had been consumed by his role as Captain America and helped bring him back down to remember what being a normal person was like. Heck, by the time Steve went on his first date with Rachel, he was so out of touch he had to get Jarvis' help on picking out an outfit.

Rachel was that classic thing of being attracted to the mask but falling in love with the man, but took it a step further by helping the man remember who he was underneath the mask.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

and of course now poor Cap is just "Cap 24/7" all the time again, as Sharon's so much of an Action Girl there's no chance of either of them becoming normal people.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

You know, it's a strong indication of how prominent and awesome the Serpent Society are compared to other Jobber Villain groups that my thread's been as busy with comments as it has been regarding them- even minor guys get a bit here and there. When I re-post the Mutant Liberation Front, Dark Riders and Acolytes, I didn't get nearly so many, lol.

Of course, in many of those instances, I was just rapidly re-posting guys to get them out of the way, having posted them fairly recently to my Ronin Army thread at the time. I'll always wonder if stuff like that was a mistake. Not that people find much to comment on regarding Javitz & the Kleinstocks :). But wow, I posted the ENTIRETY of the Dark Riders & Four Horsemen on April 9th, 2017, and then Apocalypse, Genesis & Holocaust were posted all on April 10th, leading directly to me commenting on The Twelve. That's a lot of spamming.

Granted, a lot of the commentary circles around Diamondback, because Gruenwald put a TON of work into making that character out to be something. But like Greycrusader said, sometimes all you need is a little bit of focus on a few characters to make a team memorable.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:00 amBut wow, Apocalypse, Genesis & Holocaust were posted all on April 10th
I still think you underestimated Phil Collins' strength, and after posting Mike Ruthorford, I always thought you'd get the Mechanics as a side bar.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ugh- it's just heartbreaking looking at Disney World Cast Members' social media accounts and seeing their reactions to getting laid off (Disney axed 28,000 jobs owing to the doldrums over the pandemic and lockdowns). There were some AMAZING people when I went there in 2019, and so many are now gone. The first Elsa I met was the most gorgeous one ever, and she was among those who lost jobs- she called it a "dream job" she held for six years. I mean, she was probably going to get aged out very quickly anyways, but holy crap, that must be awful. Disney was not a company known for paying well, but people clearly adored playing those characters and making kids (and Disney-obsessed weirdo adults) happy.
Jabroniville

Fer-de-Lance

Post by Jabroniville »

FER-DE-LANCE (Teresa Vasquez)
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Tom Morgan
First Appearance: Captain America #337 (Jan. 1988)
Role: Jobber Villain, Weapon Girl
Group Affiliations: The Serpent Squad, The Serpent Society
PL 8 (85)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+5)
Insight 2 (+2)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 3 (+3)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Improved Critical (Arm Blades), Improved Smash, Quick Draw, Startle

Powers:
"Fer-de-Lance Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [8]
"Omnium Steel Arm Blades" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 5) (7)
"Boot Blades" Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) (2)
-- (9 points)

"Super-Strong Enhancements" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Omnium Arm Blades +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 10 (85)

-Fer-de-Lance is more filler on her team than anything (yeah, that's right- Filler on THIS team), despite being pretty powerful- a super-strong chick with Omnium steel blades on her forearms and feet. She's only showed up a small handful of times compared to the others, as her powers are problematic (she can't slice or GUT Cap in his own book, y'know...), her costume kinda sucks, and she has no real personality beyond "chick who faked friendship with Diamondback and then betrayed her". She's just a nasty character, but not a lot of thought went into her.

-Fer-de-Lance joined the Serpent Society along with others who were loyal to Viper, turning the group over to her- she was KO'd by Captain America in her debut, and Diamondback during the fight at the White House. Rejoining when King Cobra became the new leader, she was just another rand-o- in the X-Men/Atlantis Attacks story, she and others were easily dfeated by Mr. Jip when they invaded his inner sanctum. Later, she had her steel blades shattered by Cap's shield in his final assault on the Society, and her last appearance in Gruenwald's run sees her jobbing to rookie hero Jack Flag's knockout gas in his debut. After this, she's strictly "just a face in the background", appearing at the Bar With No Name, during the hostage situation that lures in the Nova Corps., and more- at no point was she given any characterization.

-In the early going of building the Serpent Society, I realized that part of what I like about 3e was that they got rid of the "log jam" at human to superhuman strength levels- STR 7 is now well beyond human capabilities, and so is STR 6, so "mildly super-strong" people and animals (a pretty huge list- almost any strong animal in 2nd edition would be only one notch higher than some people, and guys like Fer-de-Lance & Foxbat who didn't show EXTREME super-strength would appear to be human-level) are now easily placed above human limits, while still allowing even stronger guys (Spidey, The Rhino) to go further up the scale to differentiate from them. Fer-De-Lance is one such a character, a mildly super-strong person with +1 Steel Blades, Wall-Crawling, and some fighting capabilities. So she's tough and strong, but not overly so. Notably, she did AMAZINGLY well in my Tournaments of Suck, which I actually drew back a bit (making her PL 8 instead of PL 9)- she was never THAT effective in the comics- generally she got her claws stuck in things a lot, and her list of losses is pretty vast- Diamondback, Mr. Jip, Cap & Jack Flag have all handily beaten her- thusly, she's only PL 6 defensively these days- a big Glass Cannon, despite some good hitting power.

Based on: Common name for "lancehead" pit viper species endemic to Central America. Note: Lancehead would still be a BITCHING name for a super-villain.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Anaconda! Puff Adder! Cottonmouth! Diamondback!)

Post by Tattooedman »

Ares wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:42 pm Gail doesn't seem to know how Dominio's powers work, well, the book lost me.
To be fair, who does?
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Ian Turner

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Anaconda! Diamondback! Black Mamba! Asp!)

Post by Ian Turner »

Love those jobber teams! The Acolytes vs. Serpent Society fight you had back on the ATT was very fun. (Were the Dark Riders in their as well? I don't even remember...)

It's neat how the SS have changed over the years, adding the Roxxon-made crew, then some random cyborgs (Rattler, Cottonmouth, Bushmaster) and then some mutants (Black Racer, Rock Python, Puff Adder). But Anaconda and Diamondback have always been two of my favorites.

The Serpents, to me, never seemed to have any dudes as interesting as their ladies. :)
Jabroniville

Death Adder (Burroughs)

Post by Jabroniville »

DEATH ADDER I (Roland Burroughs)
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Ralph Macchio
First Appearance: Marvel Two-In-One #64 (June 1980)
Role: Sneaky Asshole
Group Affiliations: The Serpent Squad, The Serpent Society, The Savage Six
PL 10 (148)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+8)
Close Combat (Natural Weapons) 2 (+10)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 4 (+4)
Sleight of Hand 2 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Technology 3 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fascinate (Intimidation), Improved Critical (Tail), Improved Grab, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Takedown 2, Startle

Powers:
"Underwater Adaptations"
Immunity 2 (Drowning, Cold) [2]
Swimming 4 (30 mph) [4]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"Bionic Tail"
Extra Limbs 1 [1]
Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Reach 2) [2]

"Death Adder Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [40]
"Claws & Barbs" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) (3)
Linked to
"Paralytic Poison"
Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Feats: Split, Reach 2) (Extras: Cumulative) Linked to Weaken Strength 8 (Extras: Progressive +2) (Feats: Split, Reach 2) (46)
-- (49 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Tail +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Barbs & Claws +10 (+9 Damage & +8 Affliction & +8 Weaken, DC 24, 20 & 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Weakness (Electricity & Magnetics)- With his bioinic tail, Death Adder is more vulnerable to Magnetic & Electrical attacks than a normal being.
Disabled (Mute)- The experiments that gave Death Adder his powers also accidentally left his vocal cords permanently damaged, and thus he cannot speak.
Prejudice (Obvious Super-villain)- There's no mistaking his giant bionic tail for anything normal, and so Death Adder is very recognizable and hard to disguise.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 50 / Defenses: 10 (148)

-Death Adder is one of the cooler and more notable members of the Serpent Society, so OF COURSE he gets to be the one offed by Scourge. I mean, FER-DE-LANCE WAS RIGHT THERE!! Almost the entire TEAM was worse than this guy, and they killed him! Oh well... he's got one of those problematic power-sets in comics (alongside "guys who cut through anything" like Persuader and Silver Samurai), in that it's all-or-nothing with him- His poison's lethal and paralytic, so it should kill anyone he hits with it, rather quickly. As a result, he can never hit anybody with it, ever. Only time I've heard of it working on a non-NPC is in that "they all get better at the end" story when the Avengers fight the Legion of the Non-Living in Death's realm (during the sequel to Contest of Champions), and he got a glancing blow on Tigra that did lethal damage, sending her paralyzed out of a tree and killing her in moments.

-Death Adder was part of the third Serpent Squad, which later formed the Serpent Society- a Roxxon agent who was accidentally rendered mute thanks to the process that gave him powers, he was the most inhuman of the bunch, sporting a bionic tail and claws. He fought the Thing, Stingray & Triton, but was captured- Sidewinder freed the group and formed the new Society around them. The Society's first mission proved a success thanks to Death Adder- it was his poison that killed M.O.D.O.K., which gave them a "name" as mercenaries and criminals. Captain America, horrified by this, "hires" them to attack him, and beats Adder, Rattler & Cottonmouth- they are later sprung by Sidewinder again.

-Death Adder becomes Gruenwald's notable sacrifice to the Scourge of the Underworld- when his Serpent Saucer is shot down while trying to deliver a hostage Princess Python to the Circus of Crime, he attempts to take a cab. The cabbie turns out to be Scourge in disguise, who shouts "JUSTICE IS SERVED!" and kills the villain with a shotgun blast through the front seat. He is mourned by his friends (including Anaconda, who was close to him), and only reappears on the Grandmaster's Legion of the Unliving (where his tail kills Tigra, as noted above), but he and sixteen other Scourge victims are revived by The Hood in a Punisher story arc. Now mutated further into a monstrous form, he is one of the villains who survives that story. He does not rejoin the Serpents, however, and instead adds himself to the Crime Master's syndicate in the 2010 Venom series, fighting Flash Thompson, who eventually kills him again (Death Adder moves in to attack some civilians, but a poisoned Venom snaps his neck). Another has appeared in Thunderbolts and other books, joining the Society in Burroughs' place). Of all of Scourge's villainous victims, I think he & Basilisk were the biggest wastes- either one was a very distinctive, classic guy who could easily be used as perfectly-serviceable jobbers.

-Death Adder is a dangerous character, and shockingly makes PL 10 (150) status as a SERPENT SOCIETY member! This is because of his lethal venom, which links to two +8 effects- Affliction (Paralyze) and Weaken (Strength), dropping guys in a flash. Both powers are linked to his Claws & Tail Damage, and all three have the Split and Reach 2 Power Feats attached to them as well. This means he's got a highly-deadly avenue of attack going for him, boosting his cost up, whereas the rest of him is basically PL 8-9. Offensively, he's "just" PL 9.5.

Based on: Fastest snake in the world (0.13 second bite); an Australian family of ambush predators with some of the most lethal venom recorded. And also, I would be remiss in not re-stating the fact that this is the single most bad-ass name for an animal EVER. Seriously, I couldn't think of anything more awesome-sounding if my life depended on it. Murder Shark? Killfrenzy Squid? Nope- still not as bad-ass as a DEATH ADDER.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Diamondback! Black Mamba! Asp! Death Adder!)

Post by Goldar »

I like Black Racer because she was only the third super-fast moving female Marvel character, after Spitfire and Aurora.

Trivia #1: While nowhere as fast and being classified as a "sprinter", BR was also the first Marvel super fast female villain too. :o

Trivia #2: DC Comics also has a "Black Racer" character, but he is on skis and is an avatar of Death. :geek:

Trivia #3: The DC "Black Racer" is not analogous to Marvel's Black Racer, but rather Marvel's Deathurge! :shock:

Trivia #4: Marvel's Deathurge is way cooler than DC's Black Racer! :P
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

Goldar wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:33 pm Trivia #4: Marvel's Deathurge is way cooler than DC's Black Racer! :P
Have to disagree here, Goldar. "I kill my boss so he can escape via a cloned body" is not nearly as cool as DEATH ON SKIS!
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jack of Spades wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:56 pm
Goldar wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:33 pm Trivia #4: Marvel's Deathurge is way cooler than DC's Black Racer! :P
Have to disagree here, Goldar. "I kill my boss so he can escape via a cloned body" is not nearly as cool as DEATH ON SKIS!
Much as Jack was the King, the Black Racer is just one of the goofiest concepts I've heard of. I swear if I bumped into Dan Jurgens, the Black Racer would be someone I bring up.

"So the Marvel Family is too goofy for DC Comics? The universe where the New Gods version of death is a guy with a knights helmet going around on skis acting as the Grim Reaper?"

Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ares wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:00 pm
Jack of Spades wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:56 pm
Much as Jack was the King, the Black Racer is just one of the goofiest concepts I've heard of. I swear if I bumped into Dan Jurgens, the Black Racer would be someone I bring up.

"So the Marvel Family is too goofy for DC Comics? The universe where the New Gods version of death is a guy with a knights helmet going around on skis acting as the Grim Reaper?"
I know. I feel the same way Ares. I am surprised we have not talked about it on here before.
Jabroniville

Death Adder (Scott)

Post by Jabroniville »

DEATH ADDER II (Theodore Scott)
Created By:
Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, Wellington Alves & Geraldo Borges
First Appearance: Civil War Files #1 (Sept. 2006)
Role: Replacement Villain, Disposable Bad Guy
Group Affiliations: The Serpent Society
PL 8 (116)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+7)
Insight 3 (+3)
Intimidation 1 (+2)
Perception 3 (+3)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 2 (+2)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Death Adder Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [50]
"Claws & Barbs" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) (3)
Linked to
"Paralytic Poison"
Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Feats: Split, Reach 2) (Extras: Cumulative) Linked to Weaken Strength 8 (Extras: Progressive +2) (Feats: Split, Reach 2) (46)

"Underwater Adaptations"
Immunity 2 (Drowning, Cold) (2)
Swimming 4 (30 mph) (4)
Leaping 1 (15 feet) (1)
Protection 3 (3)

"Tail"
Extra Limbs 1 (1)
Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Reach 2) (2)
-- (62 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Claws +7 (+4 Damage & +8 Affliction, DC 19 & 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2 (+5 Armor), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 50 / Defenses: 15 (116)

-A second Death Adder, with identical powers to the first, appears alongside many other villains in the Thunderbolts army during the Civil War story... and I'd bet money it's because some artist didn't realize he was supposed to be dead, and no editor caught it. Joining the Serpent Society like his predecessor, this one held some civilians hostage in Abnett & Lanning's Nova (the first proper appearance of the character), and was defeated by the new Nova Corps. Later, he shows up in "Serpent Solutions" with the others. Then, hilariously, he pops up as part of the Assassins Guild in a Deadpool arc and is killed by the "Merc with a Mouth", who throws a shuriken into his head. Upon seeing the aftermath, Wade jokes that he was aiming for Lord Deathstrike instead. And so a guy created by accident was discarded just as easily.

-An utter backgrounder, Death Adder II seems to have a similar appearance and power-set to the first, but is more easily defeated than even the original was. I threw on the replacement Sidewinder's stats, but with Death Adder's gear, plus making that guy's cybernetics all part of the Device.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.