Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Diamondback! Black Mamba! Asp! Death Adder!)

Post by Jabroniville »

So I have the next month or so planned out pretty much (including fitting new characters to Fighting Game franchises I've statted before), but I wanted to see what else people wanted to check out. So it's time for some HOT, JUICY POLLS!!!

There will be two different categories: Re-Posted Stuff and New Stuff. Please vote for them separately.

Also, please list 2-3 picks in order of preference. It’s a good indicator of popularity!

POLL #1- Re-Posts (With New Commentary):
I have a bunch of Marvel stuff still to sort through. Some of which is kinda recent.
* Iron Man Builds (Tony & co. The only newbie might be Ares' favorite, Riri Williams)
* Fantastic Four Builds (the FF, Doom, etc.)
* Defenders Builds (the remaining characters and villains)
* Daredevil Builds (one of the oldest Marvel sets not-reposted yet)
* Dr. Strange Builds (only a week or so, maybe. Also kinda old)
* Preacher & Hitman (it's been ages, lol)
* Beavis & Butt-Head/Daria Builds (wayyyyy back on the ATT)
* Remaining Jobber Teams (The Externals, Night Shift, Zodiac Cartel, Upstarts)

POLL #2- New Builds (never before seen):
* Golden Axe (I did the brawling video games, but not the Fighting Game)
* The Marvel Family (the DC/Fawcett guys & their villains)
* Wonder Woman Builds (WW and her friends & foes)
* The Last Blade (SNK Samurai Shodown-ish game)
* Rise of the Robots (the infamously poor CGI fighter)
* Pit Fighter (the earliest digitized fighting game)
* Fighting Vipers/Fighters Megamix (Virtua Fighter-linked game of weird characters)
* Superior Soldiers (infamously broken early '90s SF wannabe)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Hmm. This is a tough one.

I like characters in both groups. I will probably be in the minority, but since Poll #1 has both the FF and the Defenders, I have to go with them, 'natch!
Are you going to cover all the villains who appeared in the books or just major ones (thinking of the Cold People, Mahkizomo, Nameless Ones, Celestia and Alvin Denton, Xemnu, etc)

Poll #2 I like all of the WW characters. Nubia is coming back into prominence! Yay!
Also like the Marvel family of DC and all of their incarnations (like Black Billy, Black Mary and all the new variations of the Family)
Last edited by Goldar on Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Category 1: FF. They're doing some cool stuff right now.

Category 2: Lot of good choices, but I'd actually pick Wonder Woman here.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:30 am So I have the next month or so planned out pretty much (including fitting new characters to Fighting Game franchises I've statted before), but I wanted to see what else people wanted to check out. So it's time for some HOT, JUICY POLLS!!!

There will be two different categories: Re-Posted Stuff and New Stuff. Please vote for them separately.

Also, please list 2-3 picks in order of preference. It’s a good indicator of popularity!
I'd say my choices are:

Poll #1
1) Fantastic Four (the commentary on the main 4 plus villains like Doom and Galactus is worth it all by itself)
2) Remaining Jobbers (these are always fun)
3) Iron Man (someone else that'd be fun to comment on)

Poll #2
1) The Marvel Family (to the shock and surprise of no one)
2) The Last Blade (this one always looked like a fun pseudo-Samurai Shodown style game)
3) Wonder Woman (interested in seeing Jab's thoughts on Diana)
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:30 am So I have the next month or so planned out pretty much (including fitting new characters to Fighting Game franchises I've statted before), but I wanted to see what else people wanted to check out. So it's time for some HOT, JUICY POLLS!!!

Poll #1:
1:Jobber Teams
2:Iron Man
3.Fantastic Four

Poll #2: This one's a toughie, I'd like to see all of these.

1.Last Blade (probably the biggest SNK fighting game that you haven't statted)
2. Fighting Vipers
3.Rise of the Robots
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Whoops. Didn't know I could pick more than 1.

Poll 1
1. FF
2. Defenders
3. Jobbers

Poll 2
1. Wonder Woman
2. Last Blade
3. Superior Soldiers because I've never heard of it
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

So the next guy up is Copperhead, but as Marvel introduced a pair of one-offs before him, I'll include them for the sake of completion. Neither are Serpent Society members.
Jabroniville

Copperhead (Chesney)

Post by Jabroniville »

COPPERHEAD I (Lawrence Chesney)
Created By:
Len Wein & Marv Wolfman
First Appearance: Daredevil #124 (Aug. 1975)
Role: Forgotten Villain
PL 8 (83)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+5)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 3 (+4)
Insight 3 (+3)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Investigation 5 (+5)
Perception 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 8 (Dart Gun), Ranged Attack 4

Equipment:
"Dart Gun"
Weaken Stamina 7 (Extras: Ranged, Progressive +2) (Diminished Range -1) (27)
Affliction 7 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Paralyzed) (Extras: Ranged, Progressive +2) (Diminished Range -1) (27)

"Copper Suit" Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 5) (9)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Poisoned Darts +8 (+7 Ranged Weaken, DC 17)
Paralytic Darts +8 (+7 Ranged Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+6 Copper Suit, +2 Impervious), Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Lunatic)- Lawrence is obsessed with his father, who delusionally believed that he was the pulp hero "Copperhead".

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (83)

-The first Copperhead comes from the strange years of Daredevil, between his "Stan Lee Half-Assing It" phase and his "Frank Miller Darkens Up The Joint" phase where he's fighting aliens and dating the Black Widow and junk. A general weirdo, grew up with a father who believed that he was a fictional pulp fiction hero named "Copperhead", after spending years as the cover model for the covers of Copperhead's stories. And so Lawrence here decided to become a serial killer who disguised as Copperhead and killed people. Wearing a copper uniform and slaying the creators of the Copperhead series, he fights Daredevil and is killed by lightning, owing to his metallic uniform.

-The character, after dying, becomes the agent of a demon, sent to retrieve Spider-Man's soul. However, he fails after fighting Spidey & DD. His co-worker Arthur Reynolds finds the Copperhead gear in the eighth issue of The Human Fly, but his plan to rob the museum they both worked at goes awry when the Human Fly & White Tiger team up to beat him.

-Lawrence is a pretty unskilled villain, generally being a loon with some gimmicks.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Copperhead (Reynolds)

Post by Jabroniville »

COPPERHEAD II (Arthur Reynolds)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Frank Robbins
First Appearance: The Human Fly #8 (April 1978)
Role: Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliations: None

-In the strange Human Fly series (about a "real-life" stuntman now a Marvel superhero) features a new Copperhead- a guy who had worked with the original, and discovered his identity. He broke into Lawrence Chesney's apartment and stole his gear, then robbed the museum where he worked. He was beaten by the Human Fly & White Tiger.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

Poll 1: Definitely more favorite

1. Jobber Teams
2. Daredevil
3. Fantastic Four

Poll 2: Because comics!

1. Marvel Family. Bonus for the inevitable Ares rants.
2. Wonder Woman
9. Meh... not enthused about any of the fighting games.
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Jabroniville

Copperhead (Lawfers)

Post by Jabroniville »

COPPERHEAD III (Davis Lawfers)
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Ralph Macchio/Tom Morgan
First Appearance: Captain America #337 (May 1988)
Role: Jobber Villain, Blaster, The Well-Read One
Group Affiliations: The Serpent Squad, The Serpent Society
PL 8 (102)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+4)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Art) 2 (+5)
Expertise (Business) 4 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+6)
Perception 3 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Poison Blast), Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Copperhead Armour" (Flaws: Removable) [20]
Protection 4 (4)
"Grappling Hook & Adhesion Cups" Super-Movement 2 (Swinging, Wall-Crawling) (4)
"Poison Blast" Electrical Control 8 (16) -- (17)
  • AE: "Copper Bursts" Affliction 5 (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware- Fort Check) (Extras: Area-Burst, Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited to Vision) (15)
-- (25 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Copper Bursts +5 (+5 Fortitude Check, DC 15)
Poison Blast +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2 (+6 Armour), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Weakness (Rechargeable Blast)- Copperhead's primary attack, his Poison Blast, requires occasional recharging after too many uses. He keeps the chargers attached to his belt.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 15 (102)

-Surprise, this guy actually LED the team for a short time! Well, okay, it was a one-shot appearance during Secret Invasion and that's it, but it's SOMETHING for a guy who's probably most well-known as "That Copperhead from the comics who isn't the DC one". He actually vanished right after the whole "Cobra takes over the team" thing, without explanation, but turned up leading the squad an eternity later.

-There were two other Copperheads first- the first was Larence Chesney, a one-shot Daredevil foe who was a generic murderer, and was resurrected as a Demon. The second, Arthur Reynolds, took the first's costume and wanted to rob a museum, but was beaten by White Tiger and The Human Fly. The third Copperhead was created by Mark Gruenwald and was one of Madame Hydra's moles in the Serpent Society, joining alongside Fer-de-Lance, Black Racer & Puff Adder, after forming a fourth "Serpent Squad" to draw attention to them. In that story, and most others, he's just... THERE. Some generic face in the crowd, wearing a distinct, yet generic costume that makes him fail to stand out- it's just not colorful enough, being red & bronze.

-So Copperhead leaves very quickly, and doesn't show up until after the original Copperhead returns with demonic powers- he's part of the Society team that's beaten by the Nova Corps. rookies during Secret Invasion. He also joins the "Serpent Solutions" version under the original Viper.

-Copperhead is a bare-bones type of villain, generally pretty durable, but lacking in major power. He's pretty balanced offensively as a PL 8, but is 7.5 on defense. His Toughness is fairly high for a scrub human-level villain thanks to that bulletproof armour (+6), but he's a pushover to anyone, really- all he's got is Blast 8 and Dazzle 5. It turns out he's quite a bit different from my 2nd Edition statting of him, as further research reveals him to be the smart, well-read guy of his team, so he's not totally worthless.

Based on: American Pit Viper
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

In case you didn't know, the Copperhead serials are real. A friend of mine who loves weird old films showed me "The Mysterious Doctor Satan" with the hero, the Copperhead, just being a guy wearing a chainmail veil over his face; no powers and nothing snake-related. I ended up making a legacy version that had somehow imbued the original copper with special properties and built a character as the 4th generation Copperhead and sketched out a 60's and 80's version for fun. I may have to see if I can find my old notes; I played her in the Emerald City opener campaign on one of the old boards.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

JDRook wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:26 am In case you didn't know, the Copperhead serials are real. A friend of mine who loves weird old films showed me "The Mysterious Doctor Satan" with the hero, the Copperhead, just being a guy wearing a chainmail veil over his face; no powers and nothing snake-related. I ended up making a legacy version that had somehow imbued the original copper with special properties and built a character as the 4th generation Copperhead and sketched out a 60's and 80's version for fun. I may have to see if I can find my old notes; I played her in the Emerald City opener campaign on one of the old boards.
haha, WTF, really? I had no idea! I think I missed that on the Marvunapp bio!

(fun fact: I guess I've gotten lazier in my old age, because I just had a bio for Copperhead I... then realized that I'd actually done a FULL BUILD for him when I hit the "C" characters in The List, and just re-posted that because it was now relevant again, lol)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Poll #1: F4, Iron Man, Defenders
Poll #2: Marvel Family, Golden Axe, Princes Diana
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I really look forward to reading Ares' rants about the Marvel Family!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.