Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
micah_sweet

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Diamondback! Black Mamba! Asp! Death Adder!)

Post by micah_sweet »

Reposts:
Fantastic Four - my favorite team and part of the MU, bar none.
Daredevil
Iron Man

New Stuff:
The Marvel Family
Wonder Woman

I really have more interests in the reposts though. I love your commentary.
sirjolt

Post by sirjolt »

Poll #1
Defenders
Fantastic Four
Dr. Strange

Poll #2
Marvel Family
Golden Axe
Wonder Woman
GreyDestiny

Post by GreyDestiny »

Poll #1
Fantastic Four
Dr. Strange
Defenders

Poll #2
Wonder Woman
Superior Soldiers
Marvel Family
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Poll #1
Defenders
Dr. Strange
Fantastic Four

Poll #2
Marvel Family
Wonder Woman
Superior Soldiers
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Great to see so many lurkers chime in with their favorites! Hi guys!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

King Cobra (Voorhees)

Post by Jabroniville »

KING COBRA I (Klaus Voorhees, aka The Cobra & The Human Cobra)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Don Heck
First Appearance: Journey Into Mystery #98 (Nov. 1963)
Role: The Big Bad
Based on: Long poisonous Indian snake; eats other snakes
Group Affiliations: The Serpent Squad, The Serpent Society
PL 10 (179)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 8
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 5 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+11)
Deception 5 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Science) 5 (+7)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Sleight of Hand 8 (+16)
Stealth 5 (+11)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Defensive Throw, Diehard, Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Grapple), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Athletics) 2, Ultimate Acrobatics Skill

Powers:
"Cobra-Like Anatomy"
"Flexible Bones" Protection 2 [2]
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
"Contortionist" Immunity 5 (Entrapment) [5]

"Cobra Armour" (Flaws: Removable) [27]
"Suction Cups" Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) (2)
"Cobra Gas" Weaken Stamina 5 (Extras: Ranged, Area- 15ft. Cloud, Progressive +2) (25) -- (31)
  • AE: "Cobra-Cord" Snare 9 (Dodge/Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Immobile) (Feats: Reversible, Tether) (Extras: Extra Condition, Ranged) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (20)
  • AE: "Cobra-Darts" Weaken Stamina 6 (Extras: Ranged, Progressive +2) (24)
  • AE: "Acid Pellet" Blast 5 (Extras: Secondary Effect) Linked to Weaken Toughness 5 (Extras: Ranged) (24)
  • AE: "Smoke Pellet" Concealment 6 (Extras: Attack, Area- 15ft. Cloud) (24)
  • AE: "Explosive Pellet" Blast 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (24)
  • AE: "Nerve Gas" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Extras: Ranged, Area- 15ft. Cloud) (24)
-- (33 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Cobra-Cord +11 (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Cobra-Darts +11 (+6 Weaken, DC 16)
Cobra Gas +5 Area (+5 Weaken, DC 15)
Acid Pellet +11 (+4 Damage & +4 Weaken, DC 19 & 14)
Smoke Pellet +6 Area (+6 Concealment, DC 14)
Explosive Pellet +5 Area (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Nerve Gas +7 Area (+7 Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +5 (+7 Flexible Bones), Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Relationship (Mr. Hyde)- The two were old partners, though Hyde's famous temper and past betrayals have left them a bit vicious towards each other.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 23 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 16 (179)

-Here's King Cobra, a member of one of the Serpent Squads, and later the leader of the entire Serpent Society. He debuted LONG before all of the others- he's a Thor foe from the Lee/Heck days on Journey Into Mystery, though how someone this weak challenged Thor, I have no idea. The Silver Age of Marvel had a lot of that, though- powerful guys nearly losing to weaksauce enemies, or plenty of "How do I solve this problem... WITHOUT revealing my secret identity!"- something comics have gotten away from. He gained his Cobra powers from... radioactive Cobra bites & antitoxin. He was an ex-con and lab assistant to a brilliant scientist, and wanted the man's antitoxin discovery for himself, so he killed the man using a cobra. Wanting to look less guilty and have an alibi, he had the cobra bite HIMSELF, too, but the experimental antivenom mixed funny and he gained powers because the cobra turned out to be irradiated. Dr. Donald Blake discovered the dying scientist and heard what happened, and went after the killer, now calling himself the "Cobra" as a master criminal.

-Cobra escaped the first battle against Blake (back when he turned into Thor), and became not only a recurring Thor foe (before Thor's Power Creep left him WAYYYYYYYYY ahead of Street-Level baddies like this), but a Journeyman Villain fighting Daredevil and others. He and Mister Hyde, another early Thor foe, became allies for years. Loki doubled both of their powers and sent them after Thor again, but they again lost. He joined the original Serpent Squad with the original Eel & Viper, losing to Captain America and the Falcon, then joined the second incarnation and fought Cap-as-Nomad. The Purple Man mind-controlled him and other villains into fighting Daredevil again, but Cobra earned Hyde's enmity by refusing to bring him along on a jailbreak.

-It was then that Cobra joined Sidewinder's Serpent Society, but turned on the Viper when she took control of the team. With both her & Sidewinder gone, COBRA now became the leader, but confessed to being inadequate at the job. Asking for another chance, he ensured them he'd try harder, changing his name to KING Cobra in the meantime! He defeated Hyde (who had been stalking him) in solo combat, and began seeing his teammate Coachwhip romantically, but he was still a minor-league guy. Later stories often dropped him from the group entirely, though he & Hyde would make amends and scheme together near the end of Mark Gruenwald's run on Cap. Later, he'd join Lucia Von Bardas's organization and go against the Avengers, joined the Thunderbolts army during Civil War, and was with the Society again when Hope Summers defeated them. The character hasn't been a major thing in ages, and even missed out on the "Serpent Solutions" stuff- moreover, ANOTHER King Cobra debuted, while Klaus was still active! This version joined that Society rebranding. Overall, a very strange run- one of the '60s Jobber Villains with more staying power (most of the others have become jokes or died), but his peak was actually leading the jobber Society in Gru's stuff.

-King Cobra is rather pricey for a guy who eventually became a crub, but this is his big, tough, Serpent Society-leading, Cap-fighting form. He's hard to hit, impossible to grapple (as in, he has "Immunity"), he's fast, has multiple gadgets in his armour, and he's not particularly weak at anything. He's a good, old-fashioned PL 10, made very expensive by his depth and capabilities (notably, my last build of him was only 6 points cheaper in 2nd Edition). Modern-day King Cobra has seemingly lost a step or two, and is probably only PL 9.

Based on: Long poisonous Indian snake (in fact, the longest and largest poisonous snake in the world); eats other snakes
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
scc

Post by scc »

Poll#1

Fantastic Four
Defenders
Dr. Strange

Poll#2

Marvel Family
Wonder Woman
Golden Axe
Last edited by scc on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scc

Post by scc »

I always loved Death Adder's look. When I was young I thought he was the coolest Serpent Society member so of course they kill him.

Asp was one of my first builds for second edition. I made it way too complicated.

I like King Cobra too. Funny to think of him as a Thor villain.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Diamondback! Asp! Death Adder! King Cobra!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

FF

Marvel Family.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I do like that one scene in Cap when Cap bluffs King Cobra that Thor is aiding him in attacking the Serpent Society....and KC takes off scared before he realizes he's been one upped.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Cobra teamed with Mr Hyde used to fight Thor. While not really on Thor level, they would hold him off during the issue.
Jabroniville

The Cobra (Piet)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE COBRA II (Piet Voorhees, aka King Cobra II)
Created By:
Tamora Pierce & Timothy Liebe
First Appearance: White Tiger #1 (Jan. 2007)
Role: Legacy Villain
Group Affiliations: The Serpent Squad, The Savage Six, The Serpent Society/Solutions
PL 8 (145)
STRENGTH
4/6 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+11)
Athletics 8 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 2 (+3)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Perception 4 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Venom) 3 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Grapple), Improved Hold, Improved Trip

Powers:
"Cobra-Like Anatomy"
"Flexible Bones" Protection 2 [2]
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]
Senses 2 (Acute Scent, Tracking) [2]

"Contortionist"
Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Grapples) [2]
Immunity 5 (Entrapment) [5]
Insubstantial 1 [5]

"Cobra Venom" Weaken Stamina 8 (Extras: Progressive +2, Ranged) (Diminished Range -2) [30]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Grapples +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Spit Poison +8 (+8 Ranged Weaken, DC 18)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +5 (+7 Flexible Bones), Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 52 / Defenses: 10 (145)

-Why King Cobra needed a Legacy Character (his nephew) while HE HIMSELF was alive, I have no idea, but here's a guy who briefly threatened the new White Tiger as a mercenary, then showed up as part of Sin's new Serpent Squad. He was given his powers when his own uncle injected him with the same mutagenic serum that gave HIM powers, though his powers ended up being actually rather different- with Olfactory Senses, Spitting Poison, and the ability to slip through the tiniest of cracks thanks to pliant bone structure. He & the Serpent Squad fight Sam Wilson as Captain America, and escapes capture. He's later part of "Serpent Solutions", now just called "The Cobra" to differentiate him from his uncle.

-Piet is a standard-issue mercenary, but joins an international cartel (which draws him into conflict with the White Tiger), then joins Baron Zemo & HYDRA.

-As a rookie, I refuse to believe he's anywhere near as good as the original- I mean, Klaus is a recurring Jobber Villain, but he's ALWAYS competitive with the big-leaguers. Piet has lost to WHITE TIGER.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I always thought the last name "Vorhees" was eerie in some haunting way. Then, in 1980, well, we got Jason Vorhees in Friday the 13th!
Grenzer

Post by Grenzer »

POLL #1- Re-Posts (With New Commentary):
* Fantastic Four Builds (the FF, Doom, etc.)
* Daredevil Builds (one of the oldest Marvel sets not-reposted yet)
* Remaining Jobber Teams (The Externals, Night Shift, Zodiac Cartel, Upstarts)

POLL #2- New Builds (never before seen):
* The Last Blade (SNK Samurai Shodown-ish game)
* Fighting Vipers/Fighters Megamix (Virtua Fighter-linked game of weird characters)
* The Marvel Family (the DC/Fawcett guys & their villains)

Oh yeah Jab, I now hate you for posting those wrestling builds. Taking me down a deep and dark hole to my childhood memories and many hours spent on Youtube rediscovering it. My only regret is those games did not get to cover some of the really interesting characters of the industry. Seriously, Legends put in Big E but never got around to introducing Flair, Foley, or Piper? Let alone Snuka, Steamboat, Rude, or my all-time favorite Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig? At least I can say it is not the worst decision made by the WWE by a longshot.
Jabroniville

Coachwhip

Post by Jabroniville »

COACHWHIP (Beatrix Keener)
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Kieron Dwyer
First Appearance: Captain America #341 (May 1988)
Role: Jobber Villain, Weapon Girl
Group Affiliations: The Serpent Society
PL 8 (85)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+8)
Athletics 2 (+4)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Close Combat (Whips) 3 (+9)
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+5)
Perception 3 (+3)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Improved Critical (Whips), Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Takedown

Powers:
"Electrified Whip Gauntlets" 13 points (Flaws: Removable) [12]
Damage 7 (Feats: Improved Grab & Trip, Split, Reach 3) (13 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Electrified Whips +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Weakness (Visual Dazzles)- Coachwhip's eyes are extremely sensitive to bright light. She uses a polarized metallic strip across her eyes to block this, but without it, even sunlight is rather painful and Visual Dazzles will take double effect.
Weakness (Water)- As a person wielding Electrical weapons without actually being able to generate or control it herself, if Coachwhip is struck by a great deal of water while her powers are activated, she will take the full damage of her whips.
Relationship (King Cobra)- Coachwhip has entered into a relationship with Society leader King Cobra, calling him "lovey" and "cutie-pie".

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 13 (85)

-Coachwhip is based on a pretty unknown snake, and gets one of those power-sets that's entirely based off of the name. Can't really fault them for it- Marvel doesn't have THAT many Whip-Guys out there. She shows up as one of Viper's "moles" on the squad, turning the team over to her, but she's beaten in the resulting fights, not having any kind of super-durability. She's kind of the last Fanservice left on the team once Diamondback's crew quit the team to form B.A.D. Girls, Inc., wearing a one-piece swimsuit that occasionally draws the line into power-thong territory. She's not that elite, though- in an X-Men Annual, she tried to strangle Rogue, who pretty easily just smashed her face-first into a stone pillar, BREAKING THE PILLAR IN TWO (how was that NOT fatal?). Later, she jobs to the Falcon.

-Coachwhip oddly shows up in Moon Knight of all places, teaming up with Killer Shrike & the Ringer in what happens when someone selects "Random" on their list of villains. The other two manage to tangle each other up, leaving Coachwhip solo against Moon Knight- hilariously, she not only has him on the ropes, but she's beaten by a CIVILIAN- he turns his garden hose on her, shorting out one of her electro-whips and knocking her out! She later becomes King Cobra's "moll" in the Society, hanging off of him to establish her place in the organization. However, she's KO'd in their last big story when Diamondback throws a hypodermic needle at her forehead, and she's later just a voiceless backgrounder. Her last big thing was fighting rookie hero Free Spirit, going down to a chokehold.

-At least her appearance is unique- platinum blonde hair, yellow one-piece, thigh-high high-heeled boots and long glowing whips. Not that GREAT, but she'd stand out on any other super-team (ones that didn't have purple guys with giant mouths, guys with snake bodies and a guy with a brown phallus on his butt).

-Coachwhip is another PL 8, and fairly cheap on the points, since she's mainly limited to one avenue of attack. She's okay in melee (+8 to hit), but shines with the Electro-Whips, doing +7 damage (it's not Strength-Based like common Whips, since they're energy weapons). Her Toughness save is hardly up to par, though, and most any hero can beat the tar out of her if they get a couple good shots in, which is generally what happens in mass-combat stories featuring the Society. One time, Diamondback threw a hypodermic needle right into her forehead, and Free Spirit once beat her up and stole her disguise. She did rather well against Moon Knight during Acts of Vengeance, however, holding him off after he'd beaten her partners Killer Shrike & The Ringer, until a civilian sprayed her with a fire hose.

Based on: Small, high-strung constictors native to North America
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.