Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Goldar

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Captain Nazi & Nippon! Mr. Mind! Mr. Atom!)

Post by Goldar »

Thank you Davies and Ares. :)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Fun stuff. Its great reading about what could have been.

I've also seen where pink used to be seen as a very masculine color. But that was probably more in the magenta than pastel rose direction.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:47 pm Fun stuff. Its great reading about what could have been.

I've also seen where pink used to be seen as a very masculine color. But that was probably more in the magenta than pastel rose direction.
Yeah, and it is a shame because some men look great in pink.
Jabroniville

Niatpac Levram

Post by Jabroniville »

NIATPAC LEVRAM
Created By:
C.C. Beck & Bill Parker
First Appearance: Captain Marvel Adventures #139 (Dec. 1952)
Role: Evil Duplicate, One-Off Foe
Group Affiliations: None
PL 13 (254)
STRENGTH
18 STAMINA 17 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 6 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Deception 4 (+9)
Insight 1 (+7)
Perception 2 (+8)
Persuasion 5 (+10)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"The Strength of Hercules"
Power-Lifting 4 (100,000 tons) [4]
Enhanced Advantages 4: Extraordinary Effort, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ultimate Strength Check [4]

"The Stamina of Atlas"
Enhanced Advantages 3: Diehard, Ultimate Toughness Check, Withstand Damage (Trade Off Defenses For Toughness) [3]
Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 15) [16]
Immunity 16 (Life Support, Fatigue Effects, Aging) [16]

"The Speed of Mercury"
Enhanced Advantages 1: Improved Initiative [1]
Flight 17 (250,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (35) -- [39]
  • Dynamic AE: Quickness 8 (Feats: Dynamic) (9)
  • Dynamic AE: Speed 14 (32,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (15)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]

"The Wisdom of Solomon"
Enhanced Advantages 3: Beginner's Luck, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Well-Informed [3]
Enhanced Skills 4: Arcane Lore 4 (+8) [2]
Comprehend 3 (Languages) [6]

"The Courage of Achilles"
Immunity 2 (Fear Effects) [2]
Enhanced Advantages 1: Ultimate Will Save [1]
Impervious Will 9 [9]

"The Power of Zeus"
Features 1: All Attacks Count as Magical [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Shazam Bolt +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +17, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (Captain Marvel)
Responsibility (No Will)- Levram most follow the orders of others- he has no will of his own.

Total: Abilities: 128 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 109 / Defenses: 4 (254)

-This is so "Golden Age"- Niatpac Levram is an evil duplicate of Captain Marvel introduced by Wizzo the Wizard, drawing him out of a mirror with a magic spell. He spoke backwards ("I ma Niatpac Levram!"), and was sent back to the mirror universe from which he was summoned. He was a one-off, never reappearing.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

There is something that I really want to ask: how on the gods' green earth the idea of a worm entering your ear and controlling all your actions from there isn't scary?
Granted, old-school Mr. Mind looked cartoonish as hell, but really how is it possible that people consider him a joke?
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:00 pm There is something that I really want to ask: how on the gods' green earth the idea of a worm entering your ear and controlling all your actions from there isn't scary?
Granted, old-school Mr. Mind looked cartoonish as hell, but really how is it possible that people consider him a joke?
Well, part of it is that he only started to do that in the last thirty years, and quite a few opinions about him are largely informed by the way that he was portrayed before that.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:00 pm There is something that I really want to ask: how on the gods' green earth the idea of a worm entering your ear and controlling all your actions from there isn't scary?
The name is an issue for some- "MISTER MIND" when combined with the whole "cartoon bug with a voice box" thing is... a bit odd. But in Black Reign and other stories, he looks pretty freakish and becomes a lot more scary.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Because he was in the same strip that later had a talking tiger in a baker's dozen worth of stories. Just like Nazis, and orphans, and finding a lost twin, and watching an old man get murdered by being hit with an oar, or gunning down random people, or nuclear robots, and super-scientific cavemen, and a pharaoh having his neck snapped, and a worm murdering 186,744 people. Because of one talking tiger, all those things become comedic gold in a strip that shouldn't be taken seriously.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

The Arson Fiend

Post by Jabroniville »

LOL did he trace a romance novel cover for this one?

THE ARSON FIEND (George Tweedle)
Created By:
Rod Reed & George Tuska
First Appearance: Captain Marvel Adventures #2 (June 1941)
Role: Arsonist
Group Affiliations: The Monster Society of Evil
PL 10 (135)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+10)
Deception 6 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+8)
Intimidation 7 (+7)
Perception 3 (+3)
Ranged Combat (Fire) 6 (+10)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Fire), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
Flame Aura 6 [24]
Fire Blast 10 (Feats: Split) [21]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Burning Aura +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Fire Blast +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- The Arson Fiend is desperate and cruel enough to even kill people to sell fire insurance.
Enemy (Captain Marvel)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 45 / Defenses: 13 (135)

-The Arson Fiend is a little-known Marvel Family foe who started out as an insurance salesman after leading an impovershed childhood. He was hired to push fire insurance policies, but was unsuccessful- desperate, he turned to extortion. Showing unusual chemistry skills (why is he a salesman, then?), he created a potion that turned him into a "Mr. Hyde"-like monster- Tweedle became taller, heavier and younger-looking, and could now start fires with a touch! Yes, the TRAVELLING SALESMAN has the chemistry ability to accomplish this. So now "The Arson Fiend" threatened people to sign this fire insurance policies, and anyone who refused found their homes and businesses burned to the ground! Captain Marvel got involved, and the two fought on an oil tanker- naturally, it exploded, and the injured villain was sent to jail.

-Left on life support, Tweedle was comatose, and the cruel owner of the hospital, Ebeneezer Batson, decided to take him off of it, in order to keep more of its funding. Blaze, the daughter of Shazam, offered to restore his powers if he fought Captain Marvel, and the villain happily agreed. His burns were erased and his powers returned, and he became a recurring menace.

-The Arson Fiend here is a PL 10 Blaster.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Having the Arson Fiend start out as someone who got his powers chemically but then received an upgrade from Hell to have Hellfire and be a literal "fiend" was a good choice on Ordway's part. I'd just skip the idea of involving Blaze and Satanus (I'd completely remove those two from having any link to the Marvel Family and Shazam) and go the Don Newton route where it was the literal Devil/Satan empowering these guys.

It was kind of fun by the end of Newton's run where they had enough guys powered by Hell to form their own team of villains. Plus it's just a reminder that the Marvel Family, silly as they were, had some pretty big stakes with some of their opponents. Their enemies include The Three Faces of Evil, a demon that emobies the concept of evil itself (re-imagined wonderfully by Ordway as a Lovecraftian demonic dragon/tentacle monster), The Seven Deadly Enemies of Man/The Seven Deadly Sins, and literally Lucifer/Satan/the Devil himself.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Shazam and Trigon were old enemies as well, and part of Cap's job involved fighting Trigon as well. Other-dimensional big bads are right up Cap's alley, but then again, he's someone who works fighting almost anyone. Which was the point.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Blaze

Post by Jabroniville »

BLAZE (aka Angelica Blaze)
Created By:
Roger Stern & Brett Breeding
First Appearance: Action Comics #655 (July 1990)
Role: Mephisto Rip-Off, Sexy Demon

-Inexplicably, Blaze was added to the Shazam! mythos after debuting as a sexy ripoff of Mephisto in the Superman comics done by Roger Stern. Jerry Ordway retconned in that Blaze is actually the daughter of SHAZAM and a sultry demonees (whose name we never learn), and a continual embarassment to her old man. Blaze created the Silver Banshee & Skyhook- enemies of Supes at that point, and disguised herself as a nightclub owner in order to steal souls. Superman fights her for the souls of Jimmy Olsen & Perry White's son Jerry- Jerry sacrifices himself to save Jimmy, and his selfless act saves his soul.

-Blaze and her later-introduced brother Satanus end up involved in Underworld Unleashed as pawns of Neron (ANOTHER Mephisto rip-off who debuted later). Later, they take over Purgatory in Reign in Hell, offering "hope to the hopeless". Neron and the magical heroes of the DC Universe oppose them. She later offers Mary Marvel her powers back, and the heroine appears to go along with it, poisoning Freddy Freeman- however, Freddy them impales Blaze and defeats her.

-Power-wise, she's... a generic Demon. I dunno.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Satanus was actually an updated version of a pre-Crisis Superman foe.
Jabroniville

Satanus

Post by Jabroniville »

SATANUS (aka Collin Thornton)
Created By:
Jerry Ordway
First Appearance: The Adventures of Superman #493 (Aug. 1992)
Role: Mephisto Rip-Off

-Satanus is revealed as the brother of Blaze, debuting two years later under Jerry Ordway. He & Blaze compete for control of Blaze's domain, and both use Superman as a pawn. He disguises himself as a magazine editor- one who had hired Clark Kent. He appears with Blaze during Underworld Unleashed and Reign in Hell, but appears to be much less important. He sends the Justice League to Hell at one point, but his attempts at Dante's Mask is thwarted by Plastic Man, who grabs the mask himself and is then possessed by it- the JLA and Zauriel destroy the mask and escape Hell.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:55 am Satanus was actually an updated version of a pre-Crisis Superman foe.
Which one? I couldn't find that.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:44 am
Davies wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:55 am Satanus was actually an updated version of a pre-Crisis Superman foe.
Which one? I couldn't find that.
Lord SatanIs.