Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Mahkizmo! Zodiak! Suicide! Wonder Woman Builds!)

Post by Ares »

I had a big long Wonder Woman discussion that the internet just ate :x , but while I work re-creating it, I'll briefly get into the idea of Diana being both a peacemaker and a warrior.

The easiest way I've heard it explained was when someone compared Diana to a Shaolin Monk. Master fighters who embrace the way of inner peace. If they come across you doing wrong or if you attack them, they will try to solve things with words. If you persist, they'll ask you to stop a second time. If you still persist, they'll stop you, and use whatever means needed to do so. They'll kill you if they have to, break bones if they must, but will mostly use an appropriate amount of force to make sure you can't hurt anyone. They'll even set your broken arm for you and give you the chance to repent afterwards, but you will not do evil in their presence.

Diana is the best kind of pacifist: the kind that will recognize when a peaceful solution isn't working and go with what will work. She will do her all to build bridges and help people get along. She will use compassion and logic to get her points across, and she genuinely wants to help everyone live together in peace and better themselves. But if some idiot shows up trying to burn the place down, well, she's going to stop them. And since she's hyper competitive (which I'll also get into), she's going to enjoy herself while she does so.

Storm Shadow makes some great points on the topic below:
Spoiler

"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Ares wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:45 pm I had a big long Wonder Woman discussion that the internet just ate :x , but while I work re-creating it, I'll briefly get into the idea of Diana being both a peacemaker and a warrior.

The easiest way I've heard it explained was when someone compared Diana to a Shaolin Monk. Master fighters who embrace the way of inner peace. If they come across you doing wrong or if you attack them, they will try to solve things with words. If you persist, they'll ask you to stop a second time. If you still persist, they'll stop you, and use whatever means needed to do so. They'll kill you if they have to, break bones if they must, but will mostly use an appropriate amount of force to make sure you can't hurt anyone. They'll even set your broken arm for you and give you the chance to repent afterwards, but you will not do evil in their presence.

Diana is the best kind of pacifist: the kind that will recognize when a peaceful solution isn't working and go with what will work. She will do her all to build bridges and help people get along. She will use compassion and logic to get her points across, and she genuinely wants to help everyone live together in peace and better themselves. But if some idiot shows up trying to burn the place down, well, she's going to stop them. And since she's hyper competitive (which I'll also get into), she's going to enjoy herself while she does so.

Storm Shadow makes some great points on the topic below:
Spoiler

I also agree with this Diana to me has always been the Epitome of that middle ground between Warrior and Pacifist, She attempts to bring peace she tries to resolve situations without violence. But make no mistake She is fully capable of engaging in war when all other avenues have failed and more so she is exceedingly capable of and willing to do what is necessary to do to win the war once shes committed to the fight. Then afterward as in Ares shaolin example she will attempt to mend the wounds caused by war and teach the lessons needed to prevent another one

Shes both an idealist an optimist and a pragmatist in one all well balanced she has hope for the future she feels good that every situation has a peaceful solution and is capable of doing what must be done at any moment,
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:59 am I love Wonder Woman and look forward to all of these upcoming builds!
Wonder Woman has always had a great build.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:30 pm
Goldar wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:59 am I love Wonder Woman and look forward to all of these upcoming builds!
Wonder Woman has always had a great build.
Ahahaha, yes, yes, she has! :D
Jabroniville

Wonder Woman (Golden Age)

Post by Jabroniville »

"Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetype lacks force, strength, and power. Not wanting to be girls, they don't want to be tender, submissive, peace-loving as good women are. Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman."
-William Moulton Marston

WONDER WOMAN I (Princess Diana of Themyscira, Diana Prince) (Golden Age)
Created By:
William Moulton Marston & Harry G. Peter
First Appearance: All Star Comics #8 (Dec. 1941)
Role: The Iconic Female Superhero
Group Affiliations: The Justice Society of America, Themyscira
PL 13 (259)
STRENGTH
15 STAMINA 15 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+12)
Athletics 1 (+15)
Deception 1 (+6, +10 Attractive)
Expertise (History) 2 (+6)
Expertise (Mythology) 9 (+13)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+10)
Insight 3 (+8)
Intimidation 1 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+9)
Perception 4 (+9)
Persuasion 4 (+9, +14 Attractive)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 6 (+10)
Treatment 2 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attractive 2, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment 7 (Invisible Jet), Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Interpose, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9, Takedown 2

Powers:
Power Lifting 5 (12,000 tons) [5]
"Super-Polyglot" Comprehend 3 (Speak To & Understand All Languages & Writing) [6]

"Magic Lasso" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [18]
"Grab Multiples" Affliction 14 (Strength & Will; Hindered & Impaired/Defenseless & Compelled) (Feats: Reversible, Tether) (Extras: Ranged, Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (Extras: Limited Degree, Limited to One Group of Targets, Compelled Limited to Telling the Truth) Linked to Ranged Strength 15 (29) -- (30 points)
  • AE: "Single Snare" Affliction 16 (Strength & Will; Hindered & Impaired/Defenseless & Compelled) (Feats: Reversible, Tether) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to One Target, Limited Degree, Compelled Limited to Telling the Truth) Linked to Ranged Strength 15 (26)
"Magic Bracelets" (Flaws: Removable) [22]
Deflect 12 (12)
Enhanced Dodge 2 (2)
Impervious Toughness 13 (Extras: Sustained +0) (13)
-- (27 points)

"Throwing Tiara" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [7]
Blast 4 (Feats: Homing, Ricochet 2) (11 points)

Equipment:
"Invisible Jet" (Gargantuan, ST 11, Flight 8- 500 mph, Defense -2, Toughness 11, Features- Navigation, Concealment Visuals 2) (34)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Magic Lasso +12 (+12 Ranged Affliction, DC 22)
Grab Multiples +12 Area (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (+12 Bracelets, DC 22), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +15 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +11

Complications:
Motivation (Fixing Man's World)- Diana is on a mission to teach Man's World the proper way of doing things.
Relationship (Steve & Lyta Trevor)- Diana fell in love with brave male soldier Steve Trevor, and eventually wed him and had a daughter, whom she named Hippolyta, after her own mother.
Relationship (Hippolyte)- Diana's mother forbid her from entering the tournament to enter Man's World- Diana wore a mask to disguise herself.
Responsibility (Themyscira)- Diana's mother Hippolyte is Queen of Themyscira, and Diana owes her allegiance to them.
Power Loss (All Powers)- Wonder Woman will lose all of her powers if someone binds her bracelets together.
Relationship (Etta Candy)- The chubby, sweets-loving Etta is WW's closest pal amongst regular people, and leads the local all-girls college in helping out Diana at times.
Enemy (The Cheetah, Paula von Gunther)

Total: Abilities: 124 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 37 / Powers: 58 / Defenses: 13 (259)

The Golden Age Wonder Woman:
-Wonder Woman debuted in late 1941 as the Princess of an island of Amazons, empowered by the Greek Gods, who won the right to return the fallen American intelligence officer Steve Trevor to "Man's World" and fight the Nazis when the Goddess Aphrodite realized someone needed to fight their evil. Discovering a nurse with her exact appearance, she took the woman's name and job, becoming "Diana Prince". With a costume based off of the American flag, and Girl-Next-Door good looks (she looks like a pinup model in a skirt and tight-fitting bodice), she was a mega-hit immediately, and the standard by which all other Golden Age heroines were measured (she wasn't the first, but she was the BEST). She pretty quickly became the most popular one on the block, and was an immense success, though she didn't spread out to a thousand books like Superman & Batman did.

-Diana was even added to the Justice Society of America, a team-up book... as their secretary. An infamous, now-quaint, look at how little women were regarded in the 1940s. But primarily the book was about Diana, her secret identity as a nurse, and her love of Steve Trevor- the two having one of those "Chaste 1940s Couple" things going for a while. But the dynamic was thrown a bit because BOTH were adult, capable adventurers, though Steve would still often require saving. Her creator, William Moulton Marston, was an infamous kook as much as a brilliant man. The inventor of the lie-detector test (yes, the guy who invented a Lasso that compelled people to only tell the truth invented the LIE-DETECTOR), Marston believed in female superiority, and tried to create the "Ideal Woman", lacking the weaknesses associated with girly things like submissiveness and focus on peacemaking, though the character made attempts at reforming bad guys. Diana KICKED ASS and people loved her for it.

Diana Evolves:
-So yeah, Diana was a hugely-popular character right away, becoming the biggest superheroine on the block. She got a pile of powers, introduced many others, and had kinky, fetishy adventures featuring an unusual amount of bondage and girls tying each other up in weird games. She was the JSA's secretary, but largely didn't show up on adventures because she had her OWN book. In 1947, Marston died, making Diana one of the first major "Orphaned" characters- Robert Kanigher took over the strip, making fewer Feminist-focused stories. Fredric Wertham found in his works that Wonder Woman promoted lesbianism in the subtext between WW and the Holliday Girls at the local all-girls college (to be fair, that isn't a exactly a huge reach by any stretch, but naturally Wertham thought that gayness was totally evil). Diana also started to moon over Steve Trevor a lot more. The focus on the Greek Gods that empower her ebbs and floes- she always says "Great Hera!" and "Suffering Sappho!", but they're not always major characters- at other times, she directly interacts with them.

-Diana was popular enough that she survived the dead zone of the 1950s- something accomplished by very few superheroes, and no other superheroines. Mary Marvel, her closest competitor? GONE by 1953. All of Timely's characters (Namor, Cap, Torch)? GONE. DC ended up jettisoning the Flash & Green Lantern, replacing them as the official beginning of the Silver Age... but Wonder Woman ALWAYS had a book, and so she stuck around. To the point where there's no real "moment" where Diana becomes her Silver Age self- like Batman & Superman, it just kinda slowly happened at some point, and we were dealing with the "Earth-One", modern Wonder Woman instead of her older "Earth-Two" self.

Earth-Two Wonder Woman:
-As Diana continued in modern times, her book changed repeatedly, dropping villains and supporting characters all the while. But this freed up her Golden Age self, still appearing in the occasionall crossover tale, to actually SETTLE DOWN and evolve as a character. This version of Diana married her Steve Trevor, gave birth to Hippolyta Trevor, the Fury of Infinity Inc. fame, and grew older and greyer. Appearing in this form, she was in the Crisis on Infinite Earths, and was given one of the happier endings of "lost" characters- she was elevated to the role of Goddess, and then ignored forever... until she gets a mini-cameo in Infinite Crisis, giving the modern WW a snippet of information, and then fading away, having sacrificed her existence in leaving Olympus.

-Her role as the "Golden Age Wonder Woman" provided some continuity issues, as DC was a big fan on making every story "count", and so at first we were told that a Golden Age character named Fury (Helena Kosmatos) was in that role- THIS Fury would be the mother to the modern-age Fury (Hippolyta Trevor), since of course that character needed a mom. This was Roy Thomas's rapid-fire solution, anyways. Years later, however, John "Back To Basics" Byrne would stick his chubby fingers in there, deciding that NO- there WAS a Golden Age Wonder Woman after all! In his story, Diana's mother Hippolyta (previously depicted as a blonde-haired, slender woman in the Silver Age, and buffer and as an "Older Diana" by George Perez) goes back in time to World War II and SHE decides to act as Wonder Woman. This makes those old stories "count", and is established as the new reason why Donna Troy is called "Wonder Girl"- she claims inspiration from THIS one.

Golden Age Wonder Woman's Powers:
-Golden Age Wonder Woman is remarkably-tough and strong, and can easily fit onto any JLA/JSA team-up, but could get the occasional weird power like ESP or Telepathy or whatever. The specifics could pop in and out, I assume, as WW always had tricky issues with random powers. Her tiara could also be used to communicate with Amazons at one point, in addition to the occasional use of it as a boomerang. Notably, Wonder Woman could not fly under her own power at first (which is why she has an INVIVISIBLE PLANE, duh)- I believe by later crossovers she could fly as her Silver & Bronze Age versions could- this would add Flight 9 or so to the build (costing 282 points).

-Her Lasso has turned out to be a rather complex construct- the DCA Heroes Handbook portrays it as Ranged Strength + Compelled Affliction, but this completely ignores its effects as a Snare- adding those attributes, it becomes a pricier three-pronged Affliction. Her Bracelets are a combination defensive Device and Complication- "to remind them of what happens to a girl when she lets a man conquer her", said Marston, which is why if a man binds them together, Diana loses all of her powers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Diana did not have Impervious Toughness, except through her bracelets.

It's hard to gauge her popularity after 1953. DC was in a position with Marston's estate that if they didn't keep publishing her, the rights to character would revert to Marston's heirs. This was in play at least until 1987, when DC published "the Legend of Wonder Woman" for the summer between vol. 1 ending and vol. 2 beginning, expressly to avoid losing the rights.

The Earth-Two Wonder Woman, to my knowledge, never learned to ride air currents the way her Earth-One counterpart did.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
scc

Post by scc »

My love of Wonder Woman started with Linda Carter. How dare you bash that amazing show! ;-) That being said I never really got into her comic books though I gave some a chance and wanted to like them. They would hold me for a bit but never for the long run. I do love her cartoon and live action appearances however.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:26 pm Diana did not have Impervious Toughness, except through her bracelets.

It's hard to gauge her popularity after 1953. DC was in a position with Marston's estate that if they didn't keep publishing her, the rights to character would revert to Marston's heirs. This was in play at least until 1987, when DC published "the Legend of Wonder Woman" for the summer between vol. 1 ending and vol. 2 beginning, expressly to avoid losing the rights.

The Earth-Two Wonder Woman, to my knowledge, never learned to ride air currents the way her Earth-One counterpart did.
Hmmmnn. I thought the E-2 WW did (learn to) glide on air currents, but never learned/gained the ability to fly.

The E-1 WW went from being earth-bound to develop the power to glide on air currents, which then developed into full-fledged flight.

:?:
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Ares wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:45 pm Storm Shadow makes some great points on the topic below:
Spoiler

GI Joe always had some of the best philosophical talks.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:42 pm -Her Lasso has turned out to be a rather complex construct- the DCA Heroes Handbook portrays it as Ranged Strength + Compelled Affliction, but this completely ignores its effects as a Snare- adding those attributes, it becomes a pricier three-pronged Affliction.
Ranged Strength should allow you to grapple, which would work somewhat like a snare. However, it also acts like she can do full strength damage with it, which seems weird to me. Does she actually do damage with the lasso?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:06 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:42 pm -Her Lasso has turned out to be a rather complex construct- the DCA Heroes Handbook portrays it as Ranged Strength + Compelled Affliction, but this completely ignores its effects as a Snare- adding those attributes, it becomes a pricier three-pronged Affliction.
Ranged Strength should allow you to grapple, which would work somewhat like a snare. However, it also acts like she can do full strength damage with it, which seems weird to me. Does she actually do damage with the lasso?
I suppose with that or Tether you can smash stuff into other stuff, so maybe?
Jabroniville

Wonder Woman (Silver Age)

Post by Jabroniville »

WONDER WOMAN II (Princess Diana of Themyscira, Diana Prince) (Silver Age)
Created By:
William Moulton Marston & Harry G. Peter
First Appearance: All Star Comics #8 (Dec. 1941)
Role: Hot Amazon, The Iconic Female Superhero, Team Mom (to the JLA)
Group Affiliations: The Justice League of America, Themyscira
PL 14 (270)
STRENGTH
16 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Deception 1 (+6, +8 Attractive)
Expertise (History) 2 (+6)
Expertise (Mythology) 9 (+13)
Expertise (Military) 2 (+6)
Expertise (Mod Boutique Owner) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+6)
Insight 9 (+14)
Intimidation 3 (+8)
Perception 7 (+12)
Persuasion 4 (+9, +11 Attractive)
Stealth 1 (+6)
Technology 2 (+6)
Treatment 1 (+5)
Vehicles 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Attractive, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment 7 (Invisible Jet), Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Interpose, Last Stand (Ignore Damage For 1 Round With HP Spent), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9, Redirect, Takedown 2

Powers:
Power Lifting 5 (50,000 tons) [5]
Flight 6 (Quirks: "Air Currents" So Maybe It Doesn't Always Work Right -1) [11]
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
Senses 2 (Extended Vision & Hearing) [2]

"Magic Lasso" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [18]
"Grab Multiples" Affliction 14 (Strength & Will; Hindered & Impaired/Defenseless & Compelled) (Feats: Reversible, Tether) (Extras: Ranged, Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (Extras: Limited Degree, Limited to One Group of Targets, Compelled Limited to Telling the Truth) Linked to Ranged Strength 15 (29) -- (30 points)
  • AE: "Single Snare" Affliction 16 (Strength & Will; Hindered & Impaired/Defenseless & Compelled) (Feats: Reversible, Tether) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to One Target, Limited Degree, Compelled Limited to Telling the Truth) Linked to Ranged Strength 15 (26)
"Magic Bracelets" (Flaws: Removable) [22]
Deflect 12 (12)
Enhanced Dodge 2 (2)
Impervious Toughness 13 (Extras: Sustained +0) (13)
-- (27 points)

Equipment:
"Invisible Jet" (Gargantuan, ST 11, Flight 8- 500 mph, Defense -2, Toughness 11, Features- Navigation, Concealment Visuals 2) (34)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Magic Lasso +12 (+14-16 Ranged Affliction, DC 24-26)
Grab Multiples +12 Area (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (+14 Bracelets, DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +12 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +12

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)
Responsibility (Hippolyta & Paradise Island)
Responsibility (The Will of the Gods)- Diana must do Zeus' bidding, and even bows to the informal Hermes.
Relationship (Donna)- Donna Troy is Diana's spiritual younger sister. She will defend her to the death.
Enemy (Mars, Circe, The Cheetah, etc.)- Kind of a mediocre crowd of Rogues for an "A-Lister", but some of them aren't so bad.
Vulnerable (Slashing & Piercing Attacks)- Things like claws, ballistics and other kinds of skin-piercing attacks will do more damage.

Total: Abilities: 124 / Skills: 58--29 / Advantages: 42 / Powers: 59 / Defenses: 16 (270)

Wonder Woman- Silver Age & Beyond:
-Wonder Woman was undergone many strange shifts over the years, as she shifted from a Golden Age Superheroine to a modern one some time in the 1950s. DC could get REALLY silly at this point, with WW's tales in particular becoming god-awful, with ludicrous stories abounding like the Black Wonder Woman "Nubia", Wonder Tot (Diana as a super-powered baby) and Wonder Girl (Diana as a preteen), even tossing in every incarnation of her at once in stories so confusing they created the Living Continuity Snarl known as Donna "Wonder Girl" Troy- a "Sidekick" to join the Teen Titans group, because THOSE writers & editors didn't realize this was an alternate version. And hoo boy, would THAT have repercussions as time went on, for both characters.

-Diana joined the JLA in its earliest incarnation, and stuck with them for a while, going part-time at points along with many of the founders (Superman & Batman were in almost all the time, but Diana was in about 40% of the issues, maybe)- she'd continue off-and-on for years until the "JL Detroit" era in 1983. She sort of became an Elder Stateswoman of sorts, being the most mature superheroine around. A disastrous run in the late '60s ripping off the popular Avengers TV show (with Diana Rigg as Emma Peel) created the "Mod"-dressing Wonder Woman, now a detective with no super-powers. In a case of mind-shattering irony, this attempt ot "modernize" the character is now the most-dated incarnation of WW imaginable. This was taken poorly by most of her fans, and Robert Kanigher took the book back over, returning it to its roots. Having left the JLA when she lost her powers, she returned in a year-long story where she did "Twelve Labors", Hercules-style, to prove she still deserved membership.

Diana in the 1970s & '80s:
-Diana's fortunes changed for good in the 1970s, with the popular Wonder Woman TV series. Featuring tall, statuesque stunner Lynda Carter in a blue-diapered version of the outfit, this has become the gold standard for most depictions, and is easily her most famous incarnation to people outside of comics. Despite its popularity, it's now seen as an incredibly-quaint, campy, super-dated romp, though Carter maintains a lot of respect for the role. And her proportions. The TV series was actually set during World War II, pushing the comics to tell stories set in that time for a while (this would be the Golden Age version's Earth-Two stories, basically), but the following seasons had them return to the 1970s, where Diana now romanced Steve Trevor's descendant to keep that going. The show was a pretty big success, lasting from 1975-79.

-Diana maintained a regular book over the decades, and was even reimagined visually under DC head Jeanette Kahn in 1982. Artist Milton Glaser, who also designed the "bullet" logo adopted by DC in 1977, created a stylized "WW" emblem around her chest, permanently replacing the eagle in her bodice. This variant has largely never changed, appearing even on the movie version. Diana tends to be consistent in terms of how she looks these days, though I honestly find her 1970s incarnation the most attractive. She was thin, athletic and feminine, with long flowing hair. But ever since Perez got a handle on her, she's suddenly turned into a rippling-muscled fitness model, without the sheer height and mass to make her a purely Hot Amazon. And that CURLY HAIR- Perez loved to add details to characters- his books in the '80s were GLUTTED with men with big, floppy manes of curly hair- never mind the WOMEN's haircuts, but Diana's curly hair makes her look like somebody's mom- JLU got it right. Diana should have long, straight, flowing hair.

Wonder Woman's Powers:
-Wonder Woman here is mostly like the later version- similar "tiers" and Strength and what-not, though the latter era more heavily emphasizes her fighting skills. This version is apparently much easier to hurt, and is more vulnerable to certain kinds of attacks (such as piercing & slashing weapons), hitting only PL 13 defensively and being more reliant on defenses over Toughness. Flight powers have proven a bit odd- initially, the character could not fly in the Golden Age (hence the Invisible Plane). But in the Silver Age (starting in 1958), she started being able to glide on air currents- something that was shifted to full-on flight in the Post-Crisis era. So a more accurate "Silver Age" WW would have lower-level Flight- likely only Flight 6 with limitations on airtime. Hence she'd actually still get use of the Plane.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sidney369

Post by Sidney369 »

Always ask before you use someone's Original Character.
Never ever use them without permission. Only Villains do that.
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

She's been known to whip-crack the lasso, but not often. She does do damage by throwing people into things. Might be a Quirk; I'm not sure I'd call it a Limitation.

And I hope we get to see the Duke of Deception.
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Sidney369

Re: Wonder Woman (Silver Age)

Post by Sidney369 »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:47 am
Relationship (Donna & Cassie)- Donna Troy is Diana's spiritual younger sister, and Cassie is a student and important charge. She will defend either to the death.
Enemy (Ares, Circe, The Cheetah, etc.)- Kind of a mediocre crowd of Rogues for an "A-Lister", but some of them aren't so bad.
Cassie wasn't created yet, and Ares was known as Mars.
Always ask before you use someone's Original Character.
Never ever use them without permission. Only Villains do that.