Jab's Dinosaur Builds!: Prosauropods! Plateosaurus!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Sheep & Goats

Post by Jabroniville »

SHEEP AND GOATS:
Sheep are pretty funny, and another really common domesticated animal, being handy both for food and for their wool, a great product in clothing. Mostly, they're unimpressive physical specimens, until you get to the mountain-dwelling Bighorn Sheep.
Jabroniville

Domestic Sheep

Post by Jabroniville »

DOMESTICATED SHEEP (Ovis aries)
Role:
Herd Animal, The Jobber of the Animal Kingdom, Wool-Bearer
PL 2 (9)- Minion Rank 1, Sidekick Rank 2
Normal Version:
PL 0-1
STRENGTH 2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 2 (+2)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute Scent, Low-Light Vision, Radius Sight) [3]
"Animal Physiology" Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +1 (DC 11), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +0

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Sheep cannot speak to humans, nor use their hooves to easily manipulate objects.
Responsibility (Mating)- During mating season, males of the Bovine Family will go all-out in competing with each other for the ladies. These take the form of brutal head-butting contests that leave them exhausted, and some dead.

Total: Abilities: 0 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 1 (9)

Era: Modern
Range: Worldwide (Domesticated)
Stereotypes: Easily-led morons.
Colouring: White, brown, grey, black
Size: Up to 6 feet long (60-120 lbs.)
Encounter Groups: Herds of hundreds (potentially).
Diet: Grass & vegetation
Tactics: Flee using speed. Charging with headbutt.

-Domesticated sheep are most likely the descendents of the wild Mouflon of Eurasia, and are one of the first animals we ever domesticated- their fleece, meat and milk were all very handy to early humans, and the animals' smaller size made them easier to handle before we mastered architecture and keeping larger animals. Though not stupid (they're about in line with cattle, and below pigs), they are prone to panicking and being led about by others, which invites negative comparisons. Their willingness to be led has led to some disrespectful comparisons to be made with people who do the same, though in Christianity, being part of the "flock" is considered a GOOD thing, and religious leaders are sometimes treated as "Shepherds"- you'll see the symbolism used frequently in the Bible.

-Statistically, they're one of the worst animals, with even this "Elite" version being PL 2- Sheep are one of the domesticated animals most easily-killed by predators, with even 40-lb. Coyotes being able to get the job done- never mind the Wolves and Big Cats of the world. Their wild ancestors and relatives, the Mouflon, Blue Sheep and Taur, are better fighters, but a 320-pound Ram would still be pretty tough for a normal person to fight.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
catsi563

Re: Jab's Animal Builds (Warthog! Peccaries! Hell Pig! Dire Boar!)

Post by catsi563 »

Poo No Hogzilla
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Sidney369

Post by Sidney369 »

I've taken care of sheep. -4 seems too high for there intelligence :P

And under tactics, they can ram things pretty hard and knock an unprepared adult man off their feet. Trust me on this.
Always ask before you use someone's Original Character.
Never ever use them without permission. Only Villains do that.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:03 pm Poo No Hogzilla
Hogzilla's just an exceptionally-large Wild Boar, and some of the hype is likely due to overestimating his size- when he was dug up, the scientist was like "Okay, he's only _____ long" and the guy who shot him was like "uh, well, he was totes ______ long when we measured him".
Sidney369 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:48 pm I've taken care of sheep. -4 seems too high for there intelligence :P

And under tactics, they can ram things pretty hard and knock an unprepared adult man off their feet. Trust me on this.
LOL this actually reminds me of an old poster who had worked on farms. She was like "I can deal with almost any animal. I HATE sheep. She had the same experience with them being morons.

I'll edit in that for tactics, lol.
Jabroniville

Mouflon

Post by Jabroniville »

MOUFLON (Ovis orientalis)
Role:
Herd Animal
PL 3 (20)- Minion Rank 2, Sidekick Rank 4
Normal Version:
PL 0-1
STRENGTH 2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Perception 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Horns)

Powers:
"Horns" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +3 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Horns +3 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +1 (DC 11), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +3, Fortitude +3, Will +1

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Sheep cannot speak to humans, nor use their hooves to easily manipulate objects.
Responsibility (Mating)- During mating season, males of the Bovine Family will go all-out in competing with each other for the ladies. These take the form of brutal head-butting contests that leave them exhausted, and some dead.

Total: Abilities: 6 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 1 (20)

Range: Eurasia
Stereotypes: None.
Size: Up to 6 feet long (60-120 lbs.)
Tactics: Flee using speed. Charge with headbutt.

-The Mouflon is basically a Wild Sheep, given better fighting skills and damaging potential (the horns of the Rams are actually QUITE impressive).
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:23 am
catsi563 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:03 pm Poo No Hogzilla
Hogzilla's just an exceptionally-large Wild Boar, and some of the hype is likely due to overestimating his size- when he was dug up, the scientist was like "Okay, he's only _____ long" and the guy who shot him was like "uh, well, he was totes ______ long when we measured him".
Sidney369 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:48 pm I've taken care of sheep. -4 seems too high for there intelligence :P

LOL this actually reminds me of an old poster who had worked on farms. She was like "I can deal with almost any animal. I HATE sheep. She had the same experience with them being morons.

I'll edit in that for tactics, lol.
Oh I know but the cool thing sis eing the legend statted up. Interestingly enough SCION acutally used Hogzilla s a titan spawn and example of one, it was basically a super pig that could have a boat load of babies that were jsut as nasty as any pig and mroe agressive and hard to kill the one killed was just one of the babies the mother hgzilla herself was this monster thing that hadnt yet been caught yet and would require a demo god or 3 to fight :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Bighorn Sheep

Post by Jabroniville »

BIGHORN SHEEP (Ovis canadensis)
Role:
Herd Animal, Mountain Herbivore
PL 4 (36)- Minion Rank 3, Sidekick Rank 8
Normal Version:
PL 2
STRENGTH 3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Close Combat (Horns) 1 (+3)
Intimidation 5 (+3)
Perception 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Horns), Power Attack

Powers:
"Animal Physiology" Speed 1 [1]

"Mountain Dwellers"
Enhanced Skills 8: Athletics 8 (+12) (Flaws: Limited to Climbing) [2]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Cold & High Altitudes) [2]
"Horns" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Horns +3 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +2

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Bighorn Sheep cannot speak to humans, nor use their hooves to easily manipulate objects.
Responsibility (The Rut)- During mating season, males of the Bovidae Family will go all-out in competing with each other for the ladies. These take the form of brutal head-butting contests that leave them exhausted, and some dead.

Total: Abilities: 6 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 7 (36)

Range: Mountains of North America
Stereotypes: Aggressive headbutters.
Colouring: Brown & white
Size: Up to 6 feet long (120-300 lbs.)
Encounter Groups: Wild herds of 3-25 creatures.
Tactics: Flee using speed or attack all-out with powerful horns.

-Bighorn Sheep are a pretty classic mountain-going herbivores, famous for their climbing abilities, and living where nothing else wants to go. Their horns hit hard (they also have Power Attack), they're big and tough, but they're PL 4 just like the Deer & Elk of the world. They are famous for their massive, curled horns, giving them a very impressive visage- they're easily the animal most iconic for the famous headbutting "ram" attack.
Jabroniville

Wild Sheep

Post by Jabroniville »

Argali.

WILD SHEEP
Role:
Herd Animal, Mountain Herbivore
PL 4 (36)- Minion Rank 3, Sidekick Rank 8
Normal Version:
PL 2
STRENGTH 3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Close Combat (Horns) 1 (+3)
Intimidation 5 (+3)
Perception 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Horns), Power Attack

Powers:
"Animal Physiology" Speed 1 [1]

"Mountain Dwellers"
Enhanced Skills 8: Athletics 8 (+12) (Flaws: Limited to Climbing) [2]
"Horns" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Horns +3 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +2

Complications:
Responsibility (The Rut)- During mating season, males of the Bovidae Family will go all-out in competing with each other for the ladies. These take the form of brutal head-butting contests that leave them exhausted, and some dead.

Total: Abilities: 6 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 7 (36)

Range: Various.
Stereotypes: Aggressive headbutters.
Colouring: Brown & white
Size: Up to 6 feet long (120-300 lbs.)
Encounter Groups: Wild herds of 3-25 creatures.
Tactics: Flee using speed or attack all-out with powerful horns.

-There are a few species similar to the Bighorn Sheep.

Other Horned Sheep:
ARGALI: Absolutely MASSIVE wild sheep from East Asia- males can hit 700 lbs. Near-Threatened and still hunted in their region, and forced to intermingle with domesticated animals, which can produce diseases.

DALL SHEEP: Very closely-related to Bighorn Sheep, living in Northwest Canada & Alaska.
SNOW SHEEP: Siberian animal. Still of Least Concern, despite (or because of) living in such a desolate landscape.

URIAL: Middle Eastern sheep.
BARBARY SHEEP: North African sheep.

BHARAL: Also called the "Blue Sheep", hailing from Himalayan countries.
Jabroniville

Goat

Post by Jabroniville »

DOMESTICATED GOAT (Capra aegagrus)
Role:
Herd Animal, Big Eater
PL 2 (11)- Minion Rank 1, Sidekick Rank 3
Normal Version:
PL 0-1
STRENGTH 1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
Features 1: Can Eat Weird Stuff [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +3 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Will +0

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Goats cannot speak to humans, nor use their hooves to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 0 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 2 (11)

Range: Worldwide (Domesticated)
Stereotypes: Insatiable eaters.
Size: Up to 6 feet long (60-300 lbs.)
Tactics: Flee using speed. Headbutt. Eat garbage.

-Goats are similar to Sheep in a lot of ways, being a small bovine breed domesticated by man in antiquity. They're a lot less fluffy, though. The best-guess for the originator of the species was the wild Bezoar Ibex in the Middle East. The various breeds all look pretty much alike, but vary greatly in size- from 60 lbs. all the way to 300! Also, they have really friggin' creepy eyes (this is because their irises are pale enough to leave them visible- many other hoofed species have the same pupils, but darker irisis that hide them). Their fabled ability to "eat anything" is really more that they're capricious browsers who will try out anything that looks like edible plant matter (including paper, and labels on garbage)- they don't actually chow down on metal or things like that.

-The Goat here is a simple PL 2 animal, and can do a tiny bit of damage, but isn't overly remarkable. They can go up and down in weight and size, however- this build is a template that can be lowered (for 60 lb. animals, especially females) and 300 lb. monsters.
Ken

Re: Jab's Animal Builds (Hell Pig! Dire Boar! Bighorn Sheep!)

Post by Ken »

Fall into Winter of 1989, I had a semester of college in London. In late Thanksgiving, I took a trip to Scotland. While traveling in the highlands near Inverness, I came across a farmer who raised sheep. And he was... well... taking advantage of the poor animal.

I said, "In America, we sheer those."

He replied, "Ach, I'm not sheering' this with anybody."
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Animal Builds (Hell Pig! Dire Boar! Bighorn Sheep!)

Post by Spectrum »

To be read in a really bad Scottish accent- Scotland, where the men are men and the sheep are scared.

Or 'That was the day that I killed the two things that I loved most in the world- my beautiful Bessie and music. I killed music.'

On the other hand, for a while, my aunt was living in our house while Dad went back to school. There was an old tree knot in our chain link fence. Their dog started nibbling on the knot and then kept going into chewing on the fence. Not the smartest beast.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Small Goats

Post by Jabroniville »

Chamois.

SMALL CAPRINES
Role:
Herd Animal, Big Eater
PL 2 (12)- Minion Rank 1, Sidekick Rank 3
Normal Version:
PL 0-1
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
None

Powers:

Offense:
Initiative +1

Defenses:

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Goats cannot speak to humans, nor use their hooves to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 0 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 2 (12)

Range: Europe.
Stereotypes: Insatiable eaters.
Size: Up to 6 feet long (60-150 lbs.)
Tactics: Flee using speed. Headbutt.

-This build represents the smaller mountainous Caprines (Goats) with tiny horns. They are statistically identical to a goat, but live in the mountains, adding Environmental Adaptation.

Various Types:
CHAMOIS: Chamois are tiny goats (55-160 lbs.) with tiny, straight horns. They are very common, and known for the quality of leather made from their hides. It's

HIMALAYAN TAHR: Short-horned, very fluffy mountain species weight about 160 lbs. in males. Near-Threatend, living in the Himalayas of India & China.
ARABIAN TAHR: The smallest kind of Tahr, weighing 60-ish pounds maximum. Very endangered.
NILGIRI TAHR: From India. Looks like Tahrs, but is actually more closely related to Sheep.

GORAL: Smaller, 100-ish lb. goats from Asia. There are Chinese, Himalayan, Long-Tailed & Red Gorals. All are at least Vulnerable.
Jabroniville

Serows

Post by Jabroniville »

SEROWS
Role:
Filler Zoo Animals, Goats
PL 2 (12)- Minion Rank 1, Sidekick Rank 3
Normal Version:
PL 0-1
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
None

Powers:

Offense:
Initiative +1

Defenses:

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 0 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 2 (12)

-Ugh, SCREW Serows. I've mentioned "Filler Animals" in zoos before, but these things take the cake- every time I visit the zoo in Calgary or Edmonton, there's a Serow in some random enclosure because they're big enough to "count", and can fill an empty stall and are easy to care for. THEY'RE NOT THAT INTERESTING! They're just pointy-horned little goats! The only interesting thing about Serows is, as they're one of the only native ungulates to Japan and the Japanese thought they were related to deer, the Japanese called pretty much EVERY large ungulate a "Serow"- so the Battle Beast "Deer Stalker", clearly sporting deer-like antlers, is called "Battle Serow" in his native Japan. They are seen as emblems of the forest, and were very important prey to the people of Northern Japan, and are so well-thought-of that the weird mount in Princess Mononoke is a large serow-like creature.

-In any case, there's a bunch of different kinds. Chinese, Japanese, dirty kne-- I mean, Sumatran, Red, Mainland & Taiwan Serows. Sorry I have such strong feelings about Serows.
Jabroniville

Ibex & Tur

Post by Jabroniville »

IBEXES & TURS
Role:
Herd Animal, Omnivorous Eater
PL 3 (21)- Minion Rank 1, Sidekick Rank 3
Normal Version:
PL 0-1
STRENGTH 2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Horns" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Alpine/Desert-Dweller" Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Mountains/Deserts) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +3 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Horns +3 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 6 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 4 (21)

Range: Worldwide (Various Regions)
Stereotypes: Incorrigible Headbutters.
Size: Up to 6 feet long (60-300 lbs.)
Tactics: Flee using speed. Headbutt. Eat garbage.

-Ibexes are wild goats that cover much of the world's mountainous regions. Most are similar in size and shape to goats, but can have some REALLY big horns- ones that domesticated animals would rarely share. They all form herds, with males competing for females via using their horns to ram at each other.

Ibex Types:

BEZOAR IBEX: This Middle Eastern Ibex is the progenitor of the modern domesticated Goat- if not the sole one, it's the main one. The longest horns per body weight of any Goat species- they are only 140 lbs., but have very long, thin horns going right back.
ALPINE IBEX: Once-endangered animal from the Swiss Alps, now successfully protected, reaching 30,000 animals from 3,000 at their lowest ebb.
IBERIAN IBEX: Spanish Ibex with long, splayed-out U-shaped horns. Relatively common.
NUBIAN IBEX: Middle Eastern Ibex listed as vulnerable. Very closely-related to the Alpine Ibex.
WALIA IBEX: Ethiopian Ibex, closely related to the Alpine. Listed as Vulnerable.
SIBERIAN IBEX: Among the largest Ibexes, with males hitting nearly 300 lbs. Large, swooping horns point backwards.

CAUCASIAN TUR: Turs are often used as "Filler Animals" in Zoos, as they are easy to keep and just big enough to not be utterly lame. The East & West Caucasian Turs are closely related, with the Eastern ones being about 300 lbs. and common, while the Western ones are 150 lbs. and Endangered.