Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Cheetah I-IV! Baroness Paula! Nubia- The Black WW!)

Post by Davies »

... wow. <shakes head slowly> Wow.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I think it'd be cool if Nubia's outfit colors reflected the Pan-African flag the way Diana's reflects the USA flag.

I like the explanation from the animated movie that the outfit was designed to honor the nation she was acting as an ambassador to.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Egg Fu

Post by Jabroniville »

In 1965, Jack Kirby and Stan Lee were reinventing what superhero comics could be, and one of DC's biggest characters was fighting a F*CKING RACIST EGG.

EGG FU (aka Egg Fu the Fifth, Chang Tzu, Edgard Fullington Yeung)
Created By:
Robert Kanigher & Ross Andru
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #157 (Oct. 1965)
Role: Yellow Peril Villain, Giant Egg
Group Affiliations: None
PL 9 (114)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 3 (+7)
Insight 3 (+7)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Perception 3 (+7)
Persuasion 3 (+7)
Technology 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Benefit 2 (Rank), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Startle

Powers:
"Extendable Stereotypical Mustache" Elongation 2 (Flaws: Limited to Mustache) [1]
Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Communist China)
Enemy (Wonder Woman)

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 11 (114)

-By far the most inexplicable of Wonder Woman's villains, and the most infamous when looking back at the goofiest Bronze & Silver Age stuff, is EGG FU, a giant egg with a Chinese man's face. This guy tended to pop up next to covers featuring "Wonder Tot" and stuff, going all "LOL look at how silly this book was at one point" in a big Wonder Woman character-focus collection. The character has since become almost like M.O.D.O.K. in that he's so incredibly goofy that he pops up in stories BECAUSE of how goofy he is, giving him an extra lease on life.

-The character debuted as an obvious "Yellow Peril" villain, speaking in a phonetic Chinese accent (ie. "Charlie Chan"-style) and having very caricatured Asian features (to the point where his Fu Manchu mustache doubled as a whip), with a name based off of the American Chinese restaurant omelette "egg fu yung". He debuted in 1965 as a Communist Chinese agent, despite appearing to be an egg the size of a house. He turns Steve Trevor into a doomsday weapon, resulting in the death of himself AND Wonder Woman, but Queen Hippolyta resurrects both with Amazon technology- they still have "explosive energy" within them, however, and may exile themselves. Thankfully, a helpful piece of anti-matter removes the threat, and WW beats Egg Fu.

-The next year, an "Egg Fu The Fifth", a relative of the first, shows up as I guess this idea was too awesome not to use again- he captures WW & Steve, but she tricks him by offering to dance before the villain, then clashes her bracelets together in the dance and cracks his shell. That same year, a robot duplicate appears as "Dr. Yes" (a play on Dr. No) in The Metal Men, capturing and brainwashing them to become traitors, but the robotic heroes self-destruct rather than shout "Down With America!", and their dismembered body parts attack him and fend him off.

-The character thus sits on the shelf for over THIRTY YEARS, as Wonder Woman was rapidly turned into a martial arts detective after this "peak goofy" period, which was seen as an embarrassment, and later writers didn't bother. 1997 saw him revamped Post-Crisis as a 19th-century supercomputer that is put on display as a boardwalk tourist lure- the racist depiction is made part of the character, with people being offended at the caricature. However, it turns out that this is a piece of Apokoliptian tech, and starts brainwashing people- Queen Hippolyta, acting as Wonder Woman, defeats it with the help of her allies.

-Later, in 52, the character is brought out of the mothballs again, now calling himself Chang Tzu and resembling a cracked egg moving about on a spider-walker platform with arms. Again an agent of Apokolips, he masterminds the kidnapping of various mad scientists for the "Science Squad" on Oolong Island. He is shattered by Doc Magnus, who is pretending to be insane (but actually reconstructing the Metal Men). He later appears in a forgotten side-story torturing Sasha Bordeaux and Captain Boomerang II, trying to figure out where their super-powers come from. He later appears as a joke character in Harley Quinn, post-New 52.

-Egg Fu is a giant egg using his mustache as "limbs", I guess, and is more of a short-lived manipulator than a frontline brawler. He appears fairly durable, but not excessively so.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Cheetah I-IV! Nubia- The Black WW! Egg Fu!)

Post by Davies »

Good Lord, what a terrible character. Some characters you should not even try to salvage or impro--

<stops>

<takes notes>
Jabroniville

Mouse Man

Post by Jabroniville »

MOUSE MAN, MASTER OF MICE (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #141 (Oct. 1963)
Role: Goofy Villain
Group Affiliations: The Academy of Arch-Villains
PL 7 (99)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+4)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+4)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+10)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+5)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+8)
Stealth 0 (+3, +15 Size)

Advantages:
Evasion, Move-By Action

Powers:
"Fun Size" Shrinking 12 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (6 inches) [25]
(-3 Strength, +6 Defenses, +12 Stealth, -6 Intimidation, -1 Speed)

"Control Mice" Mind Control 4 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Limited to Animals, Limited to Mice, Touch Range -2) [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Rodent Control +4 Area (+4 Affliction, DC 14)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +1, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Enemy (Wonder Woman)

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 7 (99)

-Mouse Man was part of "The Academy of Arch-Villains", a band of bad guys who were attempting to get rid of Wonder Woman's interference. Since he was only six inches tall, he could get away easily and proved to be a nuisance, injuring Steve Trevor in a car accident. When WW feigned surrender, he led her back to the Academy's base, where she defeated and imprisoned them all- Mouse Man was trapped in a birdcage. Holding a grudge, he would threaten her numerous other times, at one point using her lasso to trap her and make her run in a hamster wheel for his own amusement. He accidentally shrunk her to his size, and she beat him with a block of cheese. Later, he trained some wild mice to break him free from his cage (which was guarded by a cat), and used his mouse motif to scare women into dropping their jewelry (haha, JESUS), but WW beat him by sneezing.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
scc

Post by scc »

Sigh I expected better pictures with Wonder Woman interacting with Mouse Man. Also Jab's dream on the third panel except for the mind control part. ;)

Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ah, Egg Fu. He was a good egg (not really). But that Mouse Man---he was a real Rat!! :lol:
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ares wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:45 amI like the explanation from the animated movie that the outfit was designed to honor the nation she was acting as an ambassador to.
*COUGH*Marston*COUGH
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Fireworks Man

Post by Jabroniville »

FIREWORKS MAN (Real Name Unknown, aka Human Fireworks)
Created By:
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #141 (Oct. 1963)
Role: Goofy Villain
Group Affiliations: The Academy of Arch-Villains
PL 8 (128)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+4)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Energy Being"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 6 [6]
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
Movement 1 (Space Travel) [2]
Insubstantial 3 (Energy Form) [15]

Dazzle Visuals 10 (20) -- [21]
  • AE: "Fireworks" Blast 8 (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Fireworks Blast +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Dazzle +6 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +6 (DC 6), Toughness +6, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Enemy (Wonder Woman)

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 90 / Defenses: 7 (130)

-The Fireworks Man is a fellow member of "The Academy of Arch-Villains", and is a chemist who turned himself into a creature made of explosives. He tried to kill some civilians at an amusement park, and blinded Wonder Woman after she rescued them. He flew her into space, intending to leave her to die, but he accidentally collided with a stray meteor, exploding.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Doctor Cyber

Post by Jabroniville »

DOCTOR CYBER I (Cylvia Cyber)
Created By:
Dennis O'Neil, Mike Sekowsky & Dick Giordano
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #179 (1968)
Role: Terrorist Leader
Group Affiliations: The Secret Society of Super-Villains
PL 10 (150)
STRENGTH
2/6 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6, +10 Suit)
Deception 6 (+10)
Expertise (Terrorist) 8 (+12)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 1 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 4 (+8)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Stealth 1 (+6)
Technology 2 (+6)
Vehicles 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Benefit 4 (Terrorist Leader), Equipment 2 (Laser Pistol +5), Connected, Contacts, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Cybernetic Exoskeleton" (Flaws: Removable) [26]
Enhanced Strength 4 (8)
Protection 4 (4)
Immunity 10 (Energy Damage) (10)
Blast 10 (Flaws: Source- Energy Blasts) (10)
-- (32 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Exoskeleton +11 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Laser Pistol +11 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Energy Blast +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4 (+8 Exoskeleton), Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
Enemy (Wonder Woman)- Doctor Cyber blames Diana for her disfigurement, and wishes to use her beautiful body as a means to transfer her mind to a better one.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 12 (150)

-Doctor Cyber is kinda the big Wonder Woman villain of the late '60s era by Dennis O'Neil, often opposing the non-powered mod detective version of the character. She debuts as a worldwide terrorist leader of Asian descent, she outmaneuvered Steve Trevor, Diana, and I Ching in her first appearance, and was scarred in her second with a rival Tiger Tong gang resulted in an urn of hot coals spilling onto her face. Putting her scarred face behind a golden mask and wearing an exoskeleton that makes her superhuman, she became obsessed with recapturing her beauty, she decides to transfer her mind into the body of Diana- this leads to a recurring feud. She was believed killed more than once, but consistently returned before finally being captured after kidnapping Donna Troy to lure in Diana- the Teen Titans saved the day. Finally, Dr. Cyber is killed while infiltrating the Pentagon- her rocket sled escape craft crashes into the side of a cliff. She never returns- a version pops up in the Crisis but is presumed to be time-plucked by Brainiac for their super-villain army.

-Curiously, despite being such a big name and a recurring foe, Doctor Cyber is a comparative nobody and isn't a major factor anywhere else. I can only assume it's because this era of WW is so hated, making her kind of one of many aspects brushed under the rug following WW's re-empowerment. I mean, she dies VERY early on and doesn't show up again until much later- hell, George Perez doesn't use her AT ALL, nor does John Byrne (who brings up a squadron of old forgotten WWII threats)- her next appearance is in *2002*, in the forgotten book The Power Company. And after that, her only appearances are as a random masked backgrounder in WW and "supervillain army" shots. The character is apparently redesigned and made a major deal in "Rebirth", however- she is a friend of Veronica Cale's who is killed and transferred into a robotic body.

-Doctor Cyber is a reasonable threat for the non-powered Wonder Woman, but not the elite, super-powered version. She wears an exoskeleton that makes her PL 8.5 offensively, PL 9.5 defensively, and has a laser pistol, but is better off as a manipulator from behind the scenes. She will also have a myriad of gear, such as mind control serums, invisibility screens, robot assassins and a rocket sled.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sidney369

Re: Mouse Man

Post by Sidney369 »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:32 pm Image

-Mouse Man was part of "The Academy of Arch-Villains", a band of bad guys who were attempting to get rid of Wonder Woman's interference. Since he was only six inches tall, he could get away easily and proved to be a nuisance, injuring Steve Trevor in a car accident. When WW feigned surrender, he led her back to the Academy's base, where she defeated and imprisoned them all- Mouse Man was trapped in a birdcage. Holding a grudge, he would threaten her numerous other times, at one point using her lasso to trap her and make her run in a hamster wheel for his own amusement. He accidentally shrunk her to his size, and she beat him with a block of cheese. Later, he trained some wild mice to break him free from his cage (which was guarded by a cat), and used his mouse motif to scare women into dropping their jewelry (haha, JESUS), but WW beat him by sneezing.
He seems like a villain that would barely be a threat for the Atom, let along Wonder Woman.
Always ask before you use someone's Original Character.
Never ever use them without permission. Only Villains do that.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Sidney369 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:17 amHe seems like a villain that would barely be a threat for the Atom, let along Wonder Woman.
I think he might have been intended as a diss on Ant-Man.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Sidney369 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:17 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:32 pm Image

He seems like a villain that would barely be a threat for the Atom, let along Wonder Woman.
Ray gets no respect. :(
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Kung

Post by Jabroniville »

KUNG (Thomas Morita)
Created By:
Gerry Conway & Jose Delbo
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #237 (Nov. 1977)
Role: Golden Age Threat
Group Affiliations: The Empire of Japan
PL 10 (164)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Deception 6 (+8)
Expertise (Samurai) 8 (+10)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 6 (+9)
Stealth 9 (+15)

Advantages:
Benefit (Samurai), Defensive Attack, Equipment 2 (Military Gear), Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons), Improved Defense, Ranged Attack 7, Tracking

Powers:
"Animal Forms" Shapeshift 5 [40]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Natural Weapons +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +3 (+8 Animal Forms), Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Japan)

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 60--30 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 14 (165)

-Oh hey, here's a guy I forgot about from my very first DC book- a Who's Who featuring the "J" through "K" names (Jonny Double! The King! Kalibak! The JSA and JLA, which confused the shit out of me because I didn't get why there was a grey-haired Superman!). He was an Earth-Two villain created in the 1970s who fought Wonder Woman and the All-Star Squadron on behalf of the Empire of Japan. He was a nisei (son of new immigrants from Japan) who found only poverty and heartbreak as his parents couldn't find work and eventually died- he returned to Japan, where he began training as a samurai. Learning of Japanese-American internment only furthered his hatred of America. And of course he learned how to transform into animals.

-Repeated attempts to assassinate Douglas MacArthur (the head of the U.S. command in the Eastern front) result in his apparent death while trying to save his sister after hiding out in her Chinatown apartment. This was in the pages of Wonder Woman, telling tales of her Golden Age counterpart for a spell. Kung's first assignment was later explained as being to kill Winston Churchill in 1941, but he was stopped by the new hero Steel (now retconned into being a Golden Age hero) in The All-Star Squadron. He reappears during Crisis on Infinite Earths for some reason, and the Post-Crisis world indicates that he was now a foe of Queen Hippolyta, not Diana. His supposed death is now reworked in 2009, as it's revealed that he made a deal with the U.S. to convince Emperor Hirohito to surrender to the Allies- however, the deadline runs out, and Kung is present at the bombing of Hiroshima, dying in the explosion. His spirit returns to plague the JSA in these issues. An unidentified other guy named Kung showed up in 2007 in a Wonder Woman Annual.

-Kung is actually a fairly dangerous threat, taking martial arts skills and transforming into animals to get his work done. Among the animals he can transform into are a tiger, a rhino, and a man-sized giant insect, proving him a rather versatile scrapper or powerhouse at-will.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Nubia! Egg Fu! Mouse Man! Dr. Cyber!)

Post by Ares »

Dr. Cyber feels like she should be a bigger deal. A nice reminder that not all of Diana's opponents need to be mythological in origin.

Kung is kind of interesting since in older Eastern mythology, especially stories like The Journey to the West, you could learn Taoist tricks that let you shapeshift into different forms, so it'd be kind of cool if Kung had learned some flavor of that.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.