Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Mole Man! The Super-Apes! The Mad Thinker!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Goldar wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:21 am He has a super-computing mind. He would always give a percentage, like "My plan has a 96.4% success rate in the next 4 minutes."
Ah, OK, I think I remember some of that. I threw in Mental Quickness and his predictive abilities.
Goldar

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Mole Man! The Super-Apes! The Mad Thinker!)

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:01 am
Goldar wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:21 am He has a super-computing mind. He would always give a percentage, like "My plan has a 96.4% success rate in the next 4 minutes."
Ah, OK, I think I remember some of that. I threw in Mental Quickness and his predictive abilities.
That sounds perfect! Glad I could help out.
Jabroniville

H.E.R.B.I.E.

Post by Jabroniville »

H.E.R.B.I.E. (Humanoid Experimental Robot, B-Type, Integrated Electronics)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Fantastic Four (1978 cartoon series), Fantastic Four #209 (Aug. 1979- comics)
Role: Helper Robot, Cute Sidekick
Group Affiliations: The Fantastic Four
PL 6 (94)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Science) 2 (+4)
Technology 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Various Tools), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Tiny Robot"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 4 [4]
Flight 2 (8 mph) [4]

"Small Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-1 Strength, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation)

"Laser" Blast 6 [12]
"CommLink" Communication 2 (Technology) [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Laser +6 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +4, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Vulnerable (Electrical & Magnetic Attacks)- As a robot made of metal, H.E.R.B.I.E. is highly-vulnerable to certain types of attack.

Total: Abilities: 12 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 67 / Defenses: 8 (94)

-When the new Fantastic Four animated series was developed in the late 1970s, a problem arose- The Human Torch had been optioned for a solo movie (which never materialized- Stan's attempts at turning Marvel productions into other forms of media was a failure for the most part), and so he was unable to be used- necessitating the creation of a NEW member of the team. They settled on that omnipresent trope in 1970s fiction- The Cute Sidekick. Dave Cockrum hated the notion of this "friendly robot" and was replaced by Jack Kirby, in Jack's final work for Marvel. An urban legend sprouted up and was treated as fact that the Torch's replacement was because they were afraid of kids setting themselves on fire in order to emulate the guy, but this was not true. Therefore, Stan & Jack had to scramble to create a new "fourth" for the titular team. Designed by Jack Kirby himself, H.E.R.B.I.E. was voiced by omnipresent voice actor Frank Welker, and basically said cute and/or funny things while bickering with The Thing.

-H.E.R.B.I.E. even got used in the comics at the time, with the sneaky reasoning that the Torch wasn't available to sign the contract for the new Animated Series, and so they scrambled and added the robot Reed had built with the Xandarian Master Xar. Very "Meta". The little robot was taken over by Doctor Sun and became a "mole" of sorts in the FF, but Sun soon invaded the Baxter Building's Main Computer. When Sun is locked out of the computer system, H.E.R.B.I.E., realizing that Sun can simply transfer back to him, sacrifices himself by committing suicide, thus ending Sun's threat. This seems like a REALLY snarky bunch of stuff by writers who probably hated the guy due to being so strangely-placed in the FF cartoon.

-Subsequent years often show other H.E.R.B.I.E. robots, but only as a cute "aside" assistant 'bot or a wink to continuity and the old cartoon. Franklin was once monitored by one, but his power surge destroyed it. Others are mere assistants working at the base. There's even a parody of him on The Venture Brothers- H.E.L.P.eR.! He was among the many artificial beings used in Iron Man 2020, joining an A.I. army.

-H.E.R.B.I.E. isn't a terribly-effective combatant, but is a little more hardcore than you'd think with that Laser (I've seen him blast Mr. Fantastic with it pretty good). He's only PL 4 defensively, so don't expect him to hold up to even rudimentary attacks for very long.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Re: Jab’s Builds! (The Super-Apes! The Mad Thinker & Android! H.E.R.B.I.E.!)

Post by Goldar »

Hmmmn. I heard that some children had set themselves on fire after reading stories with the Torch, trying to be like him. When the cartoon idea came up, Marvel decided not to use Johnny, but a robot that Reed had already designed and which had premiered in the comics, so as not to use an "unknown" character.
Orbiter

Post by Orbiter »

Take if from an old guy, HERBIE totally did not premiere in the comic. The character was so infamously lame on the cartoon that when they did stick him on that first cover, we all went "NO WAY!" with the same disbelief that we had when we found out Ed Brubaker was seriously bringing back James Buchanan Barnes.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Goldar wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:59 pm Hmmmn. I heard that some children had set themselves on fire after reading stories with the Torch, trying to be like him. When the cartoon idea came up, Marvel decided not to use Johnny, but a robot that Reed had already designed and which had premiered in the comics, so as not to use an "unknown" character.
That sounds like an urban legend. Is there any evidence of that actually happening?
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Yeah, I think that was an urban legend. There was even a storyline that referenced it (Grasp of the Seekers had a vendetta against Johnny because his son died doing exactly that)
Davies

Post by Davies »

"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

One of those arts makes H.E.R.B.I.E. *and* Herbie both look absolutely *badass*.
Jabroniville

Doctor Doom

Post by Jabroniville »

DOCTOR DOOM (Victor Von Doom)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Fantastic Four #5 (July 1962)
Role: Mega-Villain, Memetic Bad-Ass, Crazy Prepared Guy, Scene-Stealer, Large Ham
Group Affiliations: The Cabal, The Terrible Trio
PL 13 (317)
STRENGTH
3/9 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 12 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+10)
Deception 8 (+13)
Expertise (Business) 2 (+14)
Expertise (Current Events) 3 (+15)
Expertise (History) 3 (+15)
Expertise (Magic) 5 (+17)
Expertise (Politics) 2 (+14)
Expertise (Science) 10 (+22)
Insight 7 (+12)
Intimidation 8 (+13)
Investigation 2 (+7)
Perception 7 (+12)
Persuasion 7 (+12)
Technology 10 (+22)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 5 (Ruler of Latveria), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 15 (Lab, Castle, Time Machine), Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless, Improved Critical (Blast) 2, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Languages (Various), Last Stand, Luck 2, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9, Ritualist, Skill Mastery (Science), Skill Mastery (Technology), Startle, Ultimate Science Skill, Ultimate Technology Skill, Ultimate Will Defense, Well-Informed

Powers:
"The Armor of DOOM!" (Flaws: Removable) [92]
Enhanced Strength 6 (12)
"Armour" Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious) (16)
"Rocket Boots" Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)
Immunity 10 (Life Support) (10)
"Sensors" Senses 9 (Extended & Infravision, Accurate Radio Sense, Analytical Chemical Sense) (9)

Force Field 4 (Extras: Impervious) (8)

Blast 14 (Extras: Penetrating) (42) -- (45)
  • AE: Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (39)
  • AE: Electrical Aura 9 (36)
  • AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 12 (24)
-- (114 points)

"The Mystical Might of DOOM!"
Magic 13 (26) -- [28]
  • AE: Summon Minions 5 (Extras: Horde, Multiple Minions +2) (25)
  • AE: Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel) (Extras: Affects Others) (6)
  • AE: "Mystical Bands" Snare 8 (Extras: Alternate Save: Will +0) (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Doom Armour +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Blast +12 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Line Blast +13 Area (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Electrical Aura +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Magic Blast +12 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Mystical Bands +12 (+8 Affliction, DC 26)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+12 Armour, +16 Force Field), Fortitude +8, Will +14

Complications:
Enemy (RRRIIICHAAAAAAAAAAARDS!!!!)- The fool Richards is responsible for Doom's facial scarring, and is a jealous imbecile who envies Doom's work, and so must be destroyed.
Motivation (Power)- Doom is obsessed with power and the gaining of it.
Responsibility (Latveria)
Relationship (Mother)- Doom is obsessed with his mother to Oedipal levels, and strove for years to save her soul from Mephisto.
Relationship (Valeria)- About the only living human Doom cares about is Valeria, whom he admires and protects.
Responsibility (Ego)- Appealing to Doom's vanity almost always works. He is epically prideful and self-centred, and demands to be taken seriously. His ego and vanity means that he refuses to ever seek assistance, he won't admit to his own wrongdoing, and it almost always means the end of his schemes.

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 78--39 / Advantages: 53 / Powers: 120 / Defenses: 23 (317)

Behold- The Glory of DOOM!:
-Doom's history is pretty well-known- he was a brilliant Romani boy who had his face scarred during a lab accident (that Reed Richards warned him about). Swearing vengeance on the one person who tried to help him (out of vanity and ego as much as anything), Doom ran off, forging a suit of armor and gaining even MORE skill, eventually becoming Doctor Doom. He finally attacks Richards and his new group- the Fantastic Four- and becomes their biggest recurring villain. Throughout the 1960s, you see him every handful of issues. And, through his takeover of Latveria (an Eastern European homeland that has this combination of worship & fear of Doom, as writers can't really agree on how beloved he is by his people), he has a great back-up- you can BEAT Doom, but you cannot DEFEAT him- he always has a country to go back to and rule. As such, he retains an aura of menace and respect, no matter how many times his schemes fail (such as when he usurped the Silver Surfer's Power Cosmic- he easily beat all who opposed him... but then flew into space, accidentally hitting the barrier which Galactus placed around the Earth to prevent the Surfer from escaping).

-Doom appears DOZENS of times, with schemes big and small- he tries to force the FF to steal Blackbeard's treasure for him, revealing that he's built a TIME MACHINE (the first one at Marvel, and an enduring sign of Doom's Reed-tier genius). He teams up with the Sub-Mariner, strands the FF in space, gets stranded there himself (learning the Ovoids' body-swapping techniques after spending time with them), gets trapped in a microscopic universe which he promptly takes over, and more.

Doom in the 1970s & 1980s- Ultimate Credibility is Earned:
-In the 1970s, Doom became used in many more books- manipulating and using characters like the Hulk, Luke Cage (who invades Latveria just to get a pittance that Doom owed him), Iron Man (the two travelled to Camelot, where Doom attempted to get Morgan Le Fay to team up with him) and others. He teams up with the Puppet Master to trap the FF in "Liddleville", a dollhouse-scale town, but his ally betrays him trying to give his stepdaughter Alicia a better life in this quiet, safe town. At one point, his body is destroyed in a fight between Terrax and the Silver Surfer, but he quickly transfers his mind out, then wins his body back.

-During John Byrne's run in the 1980s, a lot of the menace of the character returns, though Byrne got a bit defensive, starting the running gag that every time something bad happens to Doom, "It Was A Doombot" (he even did this for a Claremont story in which Arcade strikes a match using Doom's armor- Byrne was SO FURIOUS that he write it in as being a Doombot, and had Doom destroy the robot in a rage that he allowed such an indignity). But he added a lot of humanity to the character, giving him an adopted son in Kristoff Vernard, and revealing bits of conscience to him... but he still verbally and at one point even physically abused the boy (for stating that Magneto "is nearly your equal"). The graphic novel Emperor Doom gives him another huge boost, as he successfully takes over the world by using the Purple Man's powers to control everyone into accepting him as their ruler (and makes sure to get one of the most bad-ass moments ever by daring his captive to use his super-pheromones on Doom himself- this utterly breaks the man's will, as Doom resists with ease). A band of Avengers luck out (Wonder Man was immune, and had been in suspended animation when Doom took over; recovering, he awakens his friends) and invade, and it's heavily implied that Doom only failed because he was exhausted by controlling every aspect of the world- the micromanaging had broken him, and he may have let the heroes escape and wreck his mind control devices.

-Jim Shooter also gave Doom a ton of credibility during The Secret Wars, making him the leader of all the assembled villains, then proving his brilliance by using the insane Klaw to absorb the power intended for Galactus, then using THAT power to absorb the powers of the BEYONDER, in a scene that played to both his mental and physical toughness (Doom survived being literally vivisected by the cosmic entity), as well as his genius. Doom ultimately gains God-Tier power, kills the assembled heroes meant to stop him (undone only because Colossus had transformed in mid-sentence, so Doom's blast, meant I guess to be exactly powerful enough to kill them, merely injured him- he used a machine to save the lives of the others), and is undone and de-powered by the Beyonder, who was merely curious as to what Doom was up to.

Modern-Day Doom:
-In the '90s, Doom was temporarily killed during the "Onslaught" thing, but returned with all the dead heroes- later, he saves Susan Richards's life during her difficult pregnancy, and this results in the birth of Valeria (named, as Doom's payment, for his long-lost love). Mark Waid decided to amp-up Doom's evil, having revealed that Doom SLAUGHTERED said "long-lost love" in order to gain power, but he ends up in Hell after angering the demons that boosted his magical might (which had, at this point, but nowhere near that strong- from this point forward, he becomes a lot more magically-focused).

-The modern era has resulted in a LOT of varied "Doom Stories", often independent of the FF book, as Brian Michael Bendis took control of a lot of the Marvel Universe for his various Event Stories. He was revealed to have been sleeping with Morgan Le Fay via time travel, got imprisoned in The Raft, joined the Dark Illuminati, got assaulted by the Intelligencia, tried to gain the Scarlet Witch's powers (killing Cassie Lang in the process), got brain-damaged, got cured of it by the Future Foundation, JOINED the Future Foundation (because Valeria asked him to), and help defeat the "Council of Reeds" (slightly-amoral alternate Reeds). AXIS sees him turn good temporarily, and he uses the Scarlet Witch's power to resurrect Cassie Lang instead of undoing his facial scarring or resurrecting his beloved mother.

-And finally, upon learning of the "Incursions" plaguing Marvel titles in Jonathan Hickman's 1,752-part series, Doom successfully uses the Molecule Man's power to undo The Beyonders, and absorbs their power so that be becomes GOD OF EVERYTHING, forging a new world that he rules with an iron fist. This sets off the Secret Wars mega-event that culminated with a few universe-crossing heroes (after a few months of writers basically coming up with their best "Elseworlds" stuff), and finally Doom is undone when his own flaws are made apparent even to him- when he confesses that he was selfish and that Reed would have been a better God, the Molecule Man strips him of his powers, and Reed Richards gains them, fixing and restoring the multiverse.

-Doom is, ultimately, used in a lot of silly storylines, given how he's nearly constantly used in comics, by writers of all talent levels. But his major moments of credibilty- Emperor Doom, Secret Wars, and repeated wins over cosmic entities and even more than one story in which he accomplishes things that even Reed could not do (curing Kitty Pryde's permanent intangibility; saving Sue's pregnancy)- all give him a permanent aura of unstoppability. Effectively, like Bullseye and a few other characters, he's immune to "Bad Showings" and even bad STORIES- people simply cycle back to one of his big, iconic "wins" and suddenly the next writer can just have the fans accept Doom as an amazing badass all over again.

Behold- The Might of DOOM!:
-Doom is one expensive bastard, but it's for good reason- he's one of the best all-around people in the Marvel Universe. He's an EPIC sorceror, scientist, warrior AND "Armor Guy" all rolled into one. He's got several different ways to hurt people (from PL 12.5 Penetrating Blasts to PL 13 Area Effects, and some magic stuff), is as smart as Reed Richards himself in the sciences (there's stuff Reed does better, but Doom has his own TIME MACHINE). But really, this is a guy who's stolen the powers of the Silver Surfer AND The Beyonder, screwed Galactus out of a meal and lived to talk about it, fooled Mephisto, fooled Dr. Strange, and can deal with things like being vivisected alive without whining. Doom is an epic-level threat, more powerful via his plans than his combat skills (where he's still tough enough to fight the entire FF for short periods).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
catsi563

Re: Jab’s Builds! (The Mad Thinker! H.E.R.B.I.E.! DOCTOR DOOM!)

Post by catsi563 »

also had an interesting showing where he and the X-men teamed up to save Kitty who was ghosting more and mroe because of the injuries suffered at the hands of the marauders. the FF got involved because of course its doom and they clash over the Xmen asking the guy in the first place, Him and reed argue multiple times because of their egos until they finally set aside everything and get the job done
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:26 pm But really, this is a guy who's stolen the powers of the Silver Surfer AND The Beyonder, screwed Galactus out of a meal and lived to talk about it, fooled Mephisto, fooled Dr. Strange, and can deal with things like being vivisected alive without whining
And then, after all that, he still loses! Doctor Doom is one of my least favorite villains as he seems to me to be a sort of Villain Sue. He's super smart, his armor is super strong, everyone talks about what a badass he is. Oh and he has magic too! And diplomatic immunity! And even if you beat him, it wasn't really him, it was a Doombot! I can't stand him.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

My favorite Doom story remains Triumph & Torment, when (due some mystical obligation) he and Strange travelled to hell, or rather Mephisto's realm, to save the soul of Cyntha Von Doom. The great point was that Doom actually won (in the words of Stephen Strange: "He beat the Devil at his own game." but the price he had to pay for it... oh boy that was terrible.

On the other hand, I hate the Mark Waid's story about Victor killing Valeria to get mystical power. I really think that and the underlying reason, i.e. becoming better at the one discipline Reed can't grasp, didn't gel with the character in general. Victor wants to prove that he's better than Reed by beating him at his own game, which means science. Beating Reed with magic is like doing a table flip and claiming victory, which I believe is not something Victor would ever do.

In the current Sloth run there a great Doom moment, which is actually a loss for him. After he and his herald Victorious (a woman empowered via power cosmic) beat the F4 and locked them in cells designed to counter their best powers, Doom stroke his ego by broadcasting their execution to the entire world and beyond. This backfires spectacularly when Sue, channeling decades of her brother's pranks, uses her invisibility field (which Victor didn't consider worth nullifying) to make his helmet invisible and show everyone his scarred face.
I don't think I've seen a straight kick in the ego the size of this.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Behold the Glory of DOOM!

Post by Jabroniville »

WHY DOOM RULES:
-Where to start with DOOM? Marvel's ultimate villain. Created in the fifth issue of Fantastic Four, he's got so much about him that's been later copied, it's ridiculous. The greatest "Power Armor Guy" villain design in all of comics (Kirby deliberately made him resemble the figure of Death- hood and all- with armor standing in for a skeleton), and pretty much the iconic "Villain Attitude" (it's been replicated and ripped-off more times than I could possibly mention, by virtually every comic book company), one of the greatest personalities in terms of sheer egotism, and a villain you could almost cheer for when he goes up against impossible odds and comes out on top. Pretty much every writer in comics considers him one of the "dream guys" to get to write, and one of the shining examples of the fact that Marvel just plain has WAY more cool villains than DC ever has, or ever will. The guy's pretty much a cooler-looking, more powerful Lex Luthor, with a more varied skillset and more outstanding personality. Though he occasionally delves into "Villain Sue" status (getting too powerful, or going too far with the planning, beyond all reason- the "Doombot" explanation for all his losses is just poor excuses from protective writers), Doom is still the best. Hell, Stan & Jack even did a bit in one of their issues where they moped about having outdone themselves so much with Doom, that all their other villains feel second-rate. Doom is so good that he's basically the fifth characer in The Fantastic Four.

-I mean, he's in EVERY Fantastic Four arc ever, but still manages to avoid becoming stale and tiresome! Every writer has their own "Doom Story", but unlike everyone's big "Superman Story", it doesn't suck ass. On one hand, his megalomaniacal ranting is great comedy ("Bah! Doom finds you pretentious and overrated!" *vaporizes painter*), and a lot of characters (mostly Spidey & Thing) get off on deliberately antagonizing him. But as a villain, he still commands respect (that Spider-Man issue where Doom just easily kicks his ass and only some careful begging by Spidey saves his own life). He's so awesome that even OTHER VILLAINS are intimidated by him (when Doom gives Dracula himself a "gift" in Captain Britain & M.I. 13, Vlad about shits his pants and runs screaming to find out what Doom did, because it will inevitably be the source of Drac's own downfall. And he was right- it totally was.). His Prep-Time Feats speak for themselves (stealing the Silver Surfer's power, stealing GALACTUS' power, stealing THE BEYONDER'S power... hell, in one Super-Villain Team-Up he actually TOOK OVER THE WORLD for reals, just to see if Magneto could stop him), and it comes across as more awesome than Power-Geeky when he does it (it helps that he generally bites off more than he can chew). Doom can have positive moments with a bit of caring, mainly when he's going all Oedipal about his beloved mother, or acting like a father-figure to Valeria Richards, the only living person he gives a damn about- but for the most part he's an utter arsehole, incapable of feeling or caring anything for other people.

-I think it says something that Doom is probably the one guy whose biggest, most self-parodying bouts of egotism ("I was a God, Valeria. I found it... BENEATH ME.") just comes across as awesome instead of stupid and silly. How many other characters can say that they're so awesome, you CAN'T EVEN MAKE THEM INTO JOKES?

-And amazingly, unlike all of the easily-broken "unbreakable" metals, easily-overpowered "most-powerful" characters, and easily-beaten "best fighters ever", Doctor Doom failed to become "that guy who jobs so that somebody else can look good". Though he suffers the occasional set-back (like, pretty much all of his schemes result in his losing to the FF- usually because Reed outsmarts him), Doom almost NEVER suffers humiliation. One of his worst beat-downs- a protracted loss to Scott Lang in FF, whose daughter Doom had murdered- only happened because Lang cheated (using The Watcher's gear to observe things he shouldn't have been able to see), used the entire Future Foundation as a weapon of his grief, and gathered together a huge group of other characters to counter every possible Doom-Event. And Doom is STILL usually the "Main Bad Guy" in the Marvel Universe- he stands so far above every other villain in comics that he's basically an untouchable menace. Other bad guys might be more powerful... but none may stand up to DOOM.

-A cool thing, though, is that Doom is a slave to his own personality flaws, same as every good Marvel character. He's the most brilliant man on Earth, and has the best willpower, the coolest gear, etc... but he's a relentless egotist, completely unwilling to share anything with others, frequently bites off more than he can chew, and is so vain that Kirby's theory that he wore a mask to cover a teensy little scar on his face is actually 100% believable, as is the "he put the mask on too quickly because he was impatient" one. Even the new Secret Wars kind of pulled it off, by having Doom successfully take over the entire universe, outliving every Cosmic Being and Marvel hero... only to build kind of a crappy world as "God Doom".
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

All the above, and he makes for a rather intresting Hero in the What If? issues that feature him. He was a MAJOR plot point in TSR's Gate's of What If module for the FASERIP game(it's my favorite adventure from the set, even beating out Lone Wolves).