The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
drothgery

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by drothgery »

Shannon
HP: 2
Condition: As close to normal as was possible, given the circumstances
Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:21 am"I see what could be rivers and a giant ziggurat-thing. Smaller clearings. No signs of vehicles. I'm returning... wait, I see something in the trees. Checking it out."
Shannon looked at her wrist comm. Unrecognized caller, no encryption. The odds of two universes as different as theirs using even remotely similar standard encryption algorithms were... low, so he didn't have much choice. But obviously it was Rand. "Got it. When you get back on the ground let me see if I can come with an encryption algorithm that both of our comms can run; I'd rather not be transmitting in clear here."

She relayed his report to the others.

It surprised Shannon that the girl was from Earth Prime; if she hadn't mentioned that, Shannon would have taken her for someone twenty or so T-years old who got prolong or something like it early. She certainly acted more like a midshipwoman with third-gen prolong than a 14-T-year-old kid.
OOC: I'm assuming pegging Randin as Mandolarian and identifying Lindsey is doable with a routine Expertise (Merged Universe) check. Also, text in <<angle brackets>> is in sign language; blue is Shannon, purple is Sherlock.
<<Keep an eye on Lindsey, would you? He's botched a lot of chances to not be a bad guy before.>> Shannon signed.
<<If you insist. But I think we have more pressing problems.>>

Shannon drew her pulser (by outward appearances, it looks like -- and is -- a high-tech pistol) and took a defensive position. She might be ONI, but the Royal Manticoran Navy did not let others do their fighting for them. Besides, the anti-ballistic fabric in her uniform was surprisingly effective against less advanced firearms. Heavy pulsers or plasma weapons would be another matter, but as long as she avoided facing marines in battle armor, that probably wasn't on the menu. Of course, this was the post-Merge universe. Just because something was unlikely or made no sense or violated the laws of physics as she knew them didn't mean it wouldn't happen.
Last edited by drothgery on Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl snorted to herself. She grew up with people who lived off (and enjoyed it) the land in a very unforgiving climate and territory. To top that off, she was selected into the 'dex program, which meant she had to grow up fast. It was worth it though. Worth being able to do something few kids her age could even hope to dream of, worth being able to make a difference and protect those who wouldn't have a chance in this merged universe. Case in point. Acting like a scared child wouldn't do them a danged bit of good in this situation. So, as her dear da would say. Take the knife and help me dress that deer. Dinner ain't gonna serve itself. She'd just have to prove it.

It was always fun watching the adults realize they had the living equivalent of a miniature howitzer in their midst with optional gatling guns on the side.

Get ready guys.... she told her pets.

"I could use a meal." Alma said cheerfully.

"Why do you always think with your stomach?" Peekaboo complained. "I mean really, dinner at a time like this?"

"Easy for you to say berry eater." Alma shot back

"How would you like a Thunder Shock up your rump?" Peekaboo retorted

"Yeah and I'll....

Guys, focus! Amy told them firmly.

"Sorry!" The pokemon said in unison and turned their attention to the oncoming whatevers.

Then again, she'd be lucky if they survived this. She thought glumly to herself and hoped the tree she was hiding behind was very, very sturdy indeed.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha
Condition: Normal
HP: 3 - LP: 3
Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:49 pm"Anyone not able to defend themselves up close move back, everyone else move forward. I, for one, am not going to be dog-food or some trophy for an overeager alien right now..."
It was generally Niisha's instinct to find a safe spot as far away from combat as was feasibly possible. Both Kaervek and Jolrael after him had always seen to her personal protection, in one form or another, and she'd been happy enough for it. Although she'd come from a warrior culture she most certainly did not consider herself a warrior (and her people had wholeheartedly agreed). It would have been easy enough to scamper up the tree and leave the fighting, if indeed it came, to these strangest of strangers. In fact, she strongly considered doing just that. There was an undeniable strength in numbers, though, and something told her that they were going to need whatever strength they could muster. She was not her mother, but she had claws. She knew how to use them.
drothgery wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:19 amShe relayed his report to the others.
"We need to move. They will likely be expecting us to head for the ziggurat, but we are too exposed here. There is no other option."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"They sound like a pack of Houndoom." Alma stated. "They will not stop hunting us. If we run, we will likely fall into a trap of their choosing." she said, her hackles raised. "Tis best to stand our ground, such as it is and use the cover granted to us. By fighting them, we will win their respect at least and defeating them will grant us their equipment." Dark pokemon after all were very pragmatic fighters.

Amy translated for those that didn't have the ability to understand the Umbreon. "She's right. Running pell-mell through an unknown jungle is just begging for us to get killed. Everybody find some cover."

Battle Init
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha

"Cover is of no value against these creatures unless you have some method of hiding your scent trail, which I at least do not. We need to group together and move. They have all of the terrain advantage here. Rand can lead the way. We are not going blind."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The pokemon's nose twitched as she sniffed the air. "Aye you may be right. We shall do this sensibly though. The treecat looks to have keen senses, perhaps he can help direct us from the trees, while Peekaboo can guide us on the ground, his senses very good. I shall guard the rear. Those that cannot fight should be in the middle of the group while those with ranged fighting abilities should guard the sides." she offered and Amy of course translated.

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon
HP: 2
Condition: Out of her element

<<That's what I'd do if it were just us. But ...>> A series of pictures flowed across her mental link to the 'cat.

"Sherlock's concerned about delays in the information loop. If he signs something, he has to be within line of sight of me, and while between emotions and images I can get more than that from our bond, relaying information from that is a bit... imprecise." Shannon said. "Me, I'm Navy. I keep thinking the right way to deal with serious ground-based threats is with KEWs from orbit. Not very helpful in the current context."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"I'm a minder reader, can understand just about anything and a mind speaker. If you want, I can relay stuff to the rest of the group." the girl offered.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The barking sound repeats itself, one closer, and a new responder somewhere off to the left. Whatever they are they're flanking you. The sounds that they're making are not the guttural noises of the boar-dog cross bred mutt things from the aforementioned movie... the sound is nagging at the back of your minds but you can't place it.

The nanny bot that Rand reactivated somehow finds itself falling in with the "other" group. An equal number to your own. The one trying to assume leadership there with mixed results has a sheen of reddish skin that at first reminds of the Silver Surfer, except no surfboard and... red. Closer inspection (if you can or care to make it) shows his face is exposed as is his right arm below the elbow. An ape with some signs of civilization on his form sniffs the air...

The others are moving and stand out less so its harder to get an idea of who or what they may be, for now anyway.

Your retreat towards the ziggurat moves unimpeded, and you quickly circle around the other group.

No one is attacked yet, but you feel as if you are being watched or herded or both...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl does a quick scan of the area, trying to figure out what the intent of the creatures are and to see what sort of intelligent minds are in the area.

ooc
Comprehend: Comprehend 6 (Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand, Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)
Mental Communication: Mental Communication 3
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 6 (DC 16)

They're all dynamic, so for this instance, I think perception and insight rolls might work, right?
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=150051
Perception 17
Insight 25

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Randin Al'Thir
Aww, psychotic nanny-bot with a screw loose sounded fun.
Rand wishes her luck as she falls in with the 'other' group. "Oy, Zeltron or whatever you are..." Rand calls to the 'leader' of the other group. "If we split their focus we could both be better off. Head north by northwest," Rand points in a direction. "There's water and get yer... wookie-thing to climb and orient on the structure to the west. An' watch out for traps." he calls before moving to rejoin the others of his group.

The Catwoman's nomination of him as lead gave him a thrill before he reminded himself how few of the group survived the historical document he saw.

Of course the near-youngling wanted to follow her pets. "Hey, Amy, you understand animals right? What are the 'hounds' 'saying' to one another?"

"If'n you want ta follow the critters be my guest. I'll thread the trees above the group and act as overwatch."
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"I don't think they're animals. Not human certainly, but not animals. Give me a min alright?" she said as they ran, drawing on her own mental powers and 'looking out' with them.

Battle Init
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha

Although her hearing was normally quite keen, it had taken the addled Niisha some time as the motley group had trekked through the jungle to notice the difference in timbre between the sounds she was hearing from whatever was following them and the creatures from the Netflix. She'd been presumptive, which was a dangerous thing to be in such a situation. Silently cursing herself, she spoke.

"Rand? A word, perhaps?"
Last edited by MissRo on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon
kirinke wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:48 am"I'm a minder reader, can understand just about anything and a mind speaker. If you want, I can relay stuff to the rest of the group." the girl offered.
"Are you sure your ability crosses species boundaries? Treecats are telepaths among themselves, but as far as we know, they're not with humans."

<<If I could talk to you like a reasonable Person, would I bother wagging my fingers at you?>> The 'cat signed. <<But there's something different about her mind-glow.>>
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MissRo wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:13 am Niisha

"Rand? A word, perhaps?"
Rand gulped under his helmet. He adjusted his altitude controls and set down gently by the walking cat-lady and matched her pace, angling to be a few paces from the others. His helmet was sealed for atmospheric flight but he bet she would smell musky and sharp, with just a hint of... He dug his fingers painfully into his own palms letting the sensation focus his thoughts back to their eff-ed up situation.

"Yeah?" he said, the picture of sophisticated eloquence.
"Something pithy this way comes."