Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Tyrant! Ravenous! Proemial Gods! One Must Fall: 2097!)

Post by MacynSnow »

My only problem with G5 of the Team was that they were too "Generic Hero Team". The Morituri subjects are going to die due to the Empowering, that's been made ABUNDANTLY clear. So they let these four rando's live while Characters who've grown on us for 5-6 issues DIE. It's a blatant case of "writers pets" i've ever seen...
Ian Turner

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Tyrant! Ravenous! Proemial Gods! One Must Fall: 2097!)

Post by Ian Turner »

I vaguely remember in the first issue of Strikeforce Morituri, Vyking, I think, is being brought to the compound and there's this enormous open lawn in front of the building, with hills and benches and whatnot, and he snarks, "Wow, they must have a Morituri with the power to mow lawns perfectly..."

And like, a year or two later, we get the third generation Morituri member Shear, who first demonstrates his cutting field power on that same lawn, demonstrating that he indeed had the power to mow lawns perfectly!

I enjoyed the series when it came out. (The art is fuglier than I remember, though...) The original members had reasonably unique and interesting powersets, and it wasn't until the latest generation with the pyrokinetic and telekinetic girls (and bad Morituri including a speedster and an invisible dude) that I felt like they were starting to just recycle standard powersets like 'ooh, here's the Flash' and 'and now, Jean Grey!' I did not like that the more original characters like Adept got sidelined so fast for such un-creative fare as Burn and Lifter.

There was a fun detail about the Horde in that they were said to have pulled this crap on various other worlds before Earth, and had a vault of trophies in their main ship that included all sorts of Marvel Easter eggs, like Captain America's shield and the Silver Surfer's board. :)
Jabroniville

Strikeforce Morituri- Sixth Generation

Post by Jabroniville »

STRIKEFORCE MORITURI MEMBERS
Created By:
Peter B. Gillis & Brent Anderson
First Appearance: Strikeforce Morituri #1 (Dec. 1986)
Role: Humanity's Last Hope)
PL 7 (93)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 2 (+8)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Military) 4 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 3 (+4)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Diehard, Equipment 3 (Flight Boots- Flight 6), Fearless, Great Endurance, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Elite Physical Specimens"
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility ("We Who Are About To Die")- The members of Strikeforce Morituri are doomed to die within a year of undergoing the process. Some flame out much more quickly. The first sign is that their powers start increasing dramatically.
Enemy (The Horde)- The Morituri Program was started in order to fight The Horde, who were enacting genocide upon the human race.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 9 (93)

-The members of Strikeforce Morituri are given incredibly-high physical stats for human beings (some are seen picking up cars, and they can even take LASER FIRE and not be killed). They're not invincible (they can be hurt by stabbing, and many of them die from each other's powers), but they're tough as nails. PL 6 offensively (due to their high Strength) and PL 7 defensively.

The Sixth Generation (aka The Morituri Assassins):

GHOST (Tam Van Ok)- PL 8 (112): Fighting 10, Expertise (Assassin) 6 (+7), Stealth 6 (+10), Concealment (Visual Senses, Hearing) 5 [19]
-A professional assassin with Invisibility powers. He was meant to assassinate one of the heroes, but backed out when he discovered that his superiors had lied to him.

TIGER (Zakir Shastri)- PL 9 (109): Expertise (Mercenary) 4 (+5), "Energy Claws" Strength-Damage +6 (Feats: Split) [18]
-Easily assasinated Brava, but returned to India discovering that his superiors had lied to him.

RED COUGAR (Julio Diego Gonzales, aka Wind)- PL 9 (139): Fighting 12, Expertise (Serial Killer) 6 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+8), Stealth 4 (+8), Speed 10 (2,000 mph), Quickness 6, Multiattack on Strength-Damage, Improved Initiative 4 [45]
-A SERIAL KILLER given supersonic speed. He assassinated the Prime Minister of Paideia and then engaged in a killing spree in a military facility, but was then killed by Revenge.

The Seventh Generation (aka the Alien-Controlled Morituri):
* A bunch of evil guys, most of whom weren't named. They were Zed (Energy Projection- killed by some guy named Szell's army), Hassan (Freezing Powers, killed by Lifter), Olga (Telepathy & other Psionic Powers, killed by Szell's Army) and a bunch of unnamed guys. All would have their consciousnesses transferred to new bodies after death.

The Eighth Generation (aka Kimmo Tuolema's Morituri):
* Paula Tuolema (Teleportation on herself and others- even those who were far away), Hans (unclarified physical powers)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skavenger

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Proemials! One Must Fall: 2097! Strikeforce: Morituri!)

Post by Skavenger »

Red Cougar wasn't just killed by Revenge, it's the best example of why the X-Men writers always figured Gambit shouldn't be able to charge organic matter. When the person you're fighting has the ability to cause explosive chain reactions that make anything he touches explode, maybe DON'T rush forward and punch them.

It's almost as short a fight as Guy Gardner vs. Batman, except the guy who threw the punch exploded a few seconds later.
Jabroniville

The Horde

Post by Jabroniville »

Those are NUTSACKS! They have NUTSACKS on their faces!!!

THE HORDE (Va'Shaak)
Created By:
Role: Raging Space Dickholes
PL 5 (66)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Space Soldiers) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 2 (+2)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Blasters +6 Multiattack, Rebreathers)

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Blasters +4 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +0

Complications:
Responsibility (The Horde)

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (67)

-The Va-Shaak are a horrifyingly-evil race, to the point of near-hilarity. They're so evil that they COULD HAVE conquered humanity, but chose not to, instead preferring to raid them for slaves and terrify the populace, as they only view humans as cattle to be messed with. Even their ORIGIN is evil, as the race (who'd destroyed their homeworld from environmental damage) was saved by a kindly group of other aliens with high-technology, and the Va'Shaak stole this technology to forge a galaxy-spanning empire. As they're too dumb to fix their own ships, they steal technology (among other things) from other worlds.

-They're Standard-Issue Strong Warlike Aliens statisticaly. Alas, I've no idea how to stat out the fact that they have testicles on their face. I guess they'd made bitchin' Maury Povich guests, but that's it.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

and then Hugh Jackman in Movie 43
Spoiler
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Skavenger

Post by Skavenger »

o/~ When a fleet flies in with an alien race and those round things on their face you get...sad.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

So... Family Guy is an alien psy-op designed to hypnotize Earth's population and make too stupid to resist the upcoming invasion. Makes more sense than people actually thinking it was entertaining.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Goldar

Re: The Horde

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:56 am Image

Those are NUTSACKS! They have NUTSACKS on their faces!!!

THE HORDE (Va'Shaak)
Created By:
Role: Raging Space Dickholes
PL 5 (66)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Space Soldiers) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 2 (+2)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Blasters +6 Multiattack, Rebreathers)

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Blasters +4 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +0

Complications:
Responsibility (The Horde)

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (67)

-The Va-Shaak are a horrifyingly-evil race, to the point of near-hilarity. They're so evil that the COULD HAVE conquered humanity, but chose not to, instead preferring to raid them for slaves and terrify the populace, as they only view humans as cattle to be messed with. Even their ORIGIN is evil, as the race (who'd destroyed their homeworld from environmental damage) was saved by a kindly group of other aliens with high-technology, and the Va'Shaak stole this technology to forge a galaxy-spanning empire. As they're too dumb to fix their own ships, they steal technology (among other things) from other worlds.

-They're Standard-Issue Strong Warlike Aliens statisticaly. Alas, I've no idea how to stat out the fact that they have testicles on their face. I guess they'd made bitchin' Maury Povich guests, but that's it.
While I never read this comic, well, if anyone is going to have a sack on their face, at least it is an evil race bent on conquering humanity!

Humanity says NUTS to that! :lol:
Last edited by Goldar on Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:42 pm and then Hugh Jackman in Movie 43
Spoiler
Too funny! :lol:
Jabroniville

Roberta

Post by Jabroniville »

ROBERTA
Created By:
John Byrne
First Appearance: The Fantastic Four #239 (Feb. 1982)
Role: Robo-Secretary
Group Affiliations: The Fantastic Four (Robot Helper)

-"Roberta" was a John Byrne creation used to give the FF a secretary without endangering anyone to attacks from Dragon Man, Doctor Doom or Annihilus. A robot who operated without much A.I., she was programmed to be polite, and was at first stuck to her desk. She later gained wheels fast enough to hit car-like speeds temporarily. Her job in most stories was simply to act as a messenger, informing various heroes that the FF were out and thus couldn't help them, but one story had her actually score a win over a super-villain. The Trapster had invaded the FF's home and threatened to take Roberta hostage, not realizing she was an automoton- she grabbed him by one arm and flung him across the room, knocking him unconscious.

-She was blown up when Kristoff Vernard destroyed the FF's home in one story, and returned a couple years later, having been rebuilt. Tom DeFalco and others used her throughout the '90s for the same purposes as before, though she started acting more self-aware- previously, she was merely programmed to be polite and/or dutiful- effectively a human-looking answering machine. But it's hit or miss as to whether or not a writer recalls her existence (can't blame them; I forgot, too)- she frequently went years between appearances, and she hasn't shown up since 2009, where a writer cutely reintroduced a bunch of 1950s Monster-type characters, including a Kill-O-Bot named "Elektro", who fell in love with Roberta and planned to marry her.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Willie Lumpkin

Post by Jabroniville »

WILLIE LUMPKIN
Created By:
Stan Lee & Dan DeCarlo
First Appearance: Willie Lumpkin (Newspaper Strip, 1960)
Role: Mailman, Comic Relief

-Willie Lumpkin was the Fantastic Four's mailman, but was actually a prospective Comic Strip character, created by Stan Lee and Dan DeCarlo, then the primary Archie Comics artist, in 1960! Jim Shooter has explained that it always killed Stan that he failed to make a newspaper strip- given his age, Stan remembered the days when comic strip writers were national icons and their characters famous (look up how big the "Schmoo" fad got from Lil' Abner some day and be amazed), and always wanted to be a part of that. Shooter and others would be like "But STAN- your characters ARE famous icons!" but this disappointment apparently irked him.

-So Willie was translated into the popular Fantastic Four comic, where he was a recurring comic relief guy. He saved the team at one point when Reed Richards installed a failsafe "circuit-breaker" that shut down all the technology in the building- when the Mad Thinker defeated the FF and took over the base, Reed called Willie to activate it, disabling all the Thinker's traps. His importance faded as Stan left the book- one story later features him messing with the timestream accidentally by going back in time and doing things like getting George Washington captured by the British or telling gangsters about the upcoming stock market crash in 1928.

-Willie proved to be one of the more survivable characters in history when he began dating Aunt May- unlike virtually every other human being who's warmed her bed (you're welcome for that image), he managed to survive- they broke up and MAY was the one who died! His subsequent appearances are typically anniversary issues, important moments (like weddings and character deaths), and things like that- Jon Hickman wrote a bit where the FF saved him from a brain tumor.

-Willie is an elderly, fairly unhealthy mailman who has Features 1: Can Wiggle His Ears.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

<Accidentally get image of May, Willie & Jarvis in bed together>
AAAAHHHHH, I'M BLIND! YOUR A DEAD MAN JAB, YOU HEAR ME?!....
Skavenger

Post by Skavenger »

It's kind of cute that at one point Willie Lumpkin told May "Face it, Tigress, you just hit the jackpot."

Also, Willie Lumpkin has a whole family, including a niece who also became a mail carrier, "Billie Lumpkin."

Also, say what you will about Heroes Reborn or Heroes Return, but Alan Davis drew a great Sue Storm.

Davies

Post by Davies »

... I can't believe they put that joke in an all-ages comic.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."