Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Star Brand! Nightmask! Justice! D.P.7!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Sidney369 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:55 am A complication for Scuzz you missed is that he was very rebellious before he joined the Cult, and often made trouble. he joined the Cult to get over the fact he was responsible for the deaths of two of his friends.

You also didn't mention his "scorcher" mode, where he causes his sweat to combust without harm to himself.

As for Blur, he never needed googles when he ran at high speeds in the original series. He also was the only member of D.P.7 who remained in the army, so he has some skills related to soldiering.

Finally, one thing I don't remember seeing mentioned so far (and which recent Marvel writers seem unaware of, or just don't care) is that the NU Earth was transferred from it's native Reality-148611 to Reality-616 during the Starblast crossover.
I've never read D.P.7 and these are entirely Wiki-built, so there's stuff like that I'm sure to miss. Scuzz doesn't even seem to have a Marvunapp bio- I think I just tossed stuff from Wikipedia or maybe the Marvel Wiki/Fandom site onto him- the build's about five years old and was pretty half-assed, lol. Scuzz is given this bio on Comicvine:
After escaping the Clinic, Scuzz joined a cult who believed that the White Event was the work of God. Frustrated by his inability to touch, he attacked The Cure, a Paranormal who could remove others' mutations by touch. Fortunately Glitter healed The Cure's hands, but Scuzz lost his powers because he had touched The Cure.
His Marvel Wiki bio is also pretty short, largely including him as just another guy on the team: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Dennis_C ... th-148611). Though in this case, they mention what the "Scorcher" form is.

What was Starblast? I don't think I've heard of that one.

The note about Blur's goggles is found in his Comicvine bio: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/blur/4005-29813/ (this might have been my only source back in the day)
Goldar

Re: Twilight

Post by Goldar »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:23 am
Goldar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:16 am This look is interesting ........but also scary.
It's very interesting and pretty scary, but not as scary as this:
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:05 pm She's an OLD LADY, a retired Latin teacher, who just happened to gain powers[.]
My mum is an old lady and a retired Latin teacher. :o
:o Your Mum's name is not....Lenore, is it?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

No... and she claims not to have superpowers.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:41 am No... and she claims not to have superpowers.
Yeah, that's what they always say. You better do some covert surveillanece....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Her ability to provoke great fear (in me) by calling me "first name middle name surname" is probably proof that she's part of the Sinestro Corps.
Sidney369

Post by Sidney369 »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:05 am
Starblast was a 4 issue series that had tie-ins in Quasar, Namor, Fantastic Four, and Secret Defenders. It was about a villain named Skeletron (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/skeltron.htm) trying to steal the power of the Starbrand. As I said, the end result was the NU Earth ending up in Reality-616, although the Living Tribunal cut off access between it and the rest of the universe.
Always ask before you use someone's Original Character.
Never ever use them without permission. Only Villains do that.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, the build for Scuzz has been updated to include a "Scorcher Form", building him up by two ranks of each power temporarily.
Sidney369 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:12 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:05 am
Starblast was a 4 issue series that had tie-ins in Quasar, Namor, Fantastic Four, and Secret Defenders. It was about a villain named Skeletron (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/skeltron.htm) trying to steal the power of the Starbrand. As I said, the end result was the NU Earth ending up in Reality-616, although the Living Tribunal cut off access between it and the rest of the universe.
Ah, OK- I knew the name "Skeletron" sounded familiar, and I in fact did a bio of him in 2016: Skeletron. It mentions the New Universe merge, which I'd long forgotten about.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Skeletron isn't a Marvel Comics character. He's a ‎RIFTS® O.C.C. for some sort of Coalition cyborg and nothing you say -- including such silly things as producing concrete evidence to the contrary -- is ever going to convince me otherwise.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You REALLY like to fish in that River in Egypt don't you Bg? :P
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I am the Queen of da Nile!
Jabroniville

Mastodon (NU)

Post by Jabroniville »

MASTODON (David Landers)
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Paul Ryan
First Appearance: D.P. 7 #1 (Nov. 1986)
Role: Team Strongman
PL 8 (82)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Cheese Factory Worker) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Perception 2 (+2)
Vehicles 8 (+8)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Super-Strong"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Immunity 10 (Mental Effects) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +9, Fortitude +9, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Antibody)- The two are best friends.
Relationship (Glitter- Stephanie Harrington)- David has unrequited feelings for the woman who'd eventually become his teammate- eventually, they form a couple.
Prejudice (Obvious Superhuman)- David's facial hair grows at a constant rate, and he is noticeably larger than most people, and with a pronounced brow.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 9 (84)

-Landers is probably the most important character of DP7 after Antibody- Gruenwald was inspired to create him after reading about electrolysis-induced muscle growth experiments (currently peddled by snake-oil salesmen as Automatic Six-Pack-Creating Girdles). In this case, Landers was wracked with the pain of muscle spasms, similar to those who've had their muscles stimulated by an electrical charge. David befriended Antibody, and the two led the team for a while- David was the last captured, living with a hermit who taught him how to fight. He allowed himself to be captured, then sprung his allies- they then worked to turn the Clinic into a force for good. He became the director of security for the place... but unfortunately wasn't that good at it, as a riot eventually broke out.

-Later, he fell for Glitter once they'd all been drafted into the army, but went AWOL and was imprisoned. Solitary confinement drove him to suicide, but he survived the attempt thanks to Antibody's medical training. Eventually, David & Antibody went into hiding together, forming a bromance of sorts. Eventually, however, he DID hook up with Glitter.

-Davis is kind, but unskilled- he was a worker in a cheese factory before he gained powers. However, he is apparently a great shot and a good driver of any kind of motor vehicle.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skavenger

Post by Skavenger »

So, quick count, how many other "Earths" exist in the Marvel Universe right now? New Universe Earth, the Heroes Reborn Earth, the other Earth from Hickman's FF run all the people from the future came back to live on, the High Evolutionary's Earth...
Last edited by Skavenger on Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:06 am Her ability to provoke great fear (in me) by calling me "first name middle name surname" is probably proof that she's part of the Sinestro Corps.
Aha! See, I knew it! :o She feined being in the MU, while she really is a DC character! Good detective work, BG! :shock:
Davies

Post by Davies »

Skavenger wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:23 am So, quick count, how many other "Earths" exist in the Marvel Universe right now? New Universe Earth, the Heroes Reborn Earth, the other Earth from Hickman's FF run all the people from the future came back o live on, the High Evolutionary's Earth...
Fewer than in Star Trek.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:06 am Her ability to provoke great fear (in me) by calling me "first name middle name surname" is probably proof that she's part of the Sinestro Corps.
Nope, that's part of the "mom" archetype, although mine has mastered the ability to cause a terrible sense of guilt.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)