Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Peeper

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

PEEPER (Peter Quinn, aka Occult, Peepers)
Created By:
Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Captain American Annual #4 (1977)
Role: Forgotten Villain, Super-Sensory Guy
Group Affiliations: The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Mutant Force/The Resistants, The Secret Empire
PL 7 (78)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Athletics 2 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+2)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Precise Attack 2 (Ranged/Cover & Concealment), Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Enhanced Eyes"
"Eye Blast" Blast 7 [14]
Senses 10 (Microvision, Extended Vision 4 -1 per 100,000 feet, Vision Counters Concealment 5) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Eye Blasts +7 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed)
Disabled (Mentally Unbalanced)- Pepper went slowly nuts over the years, possibly as a result of extended beatings.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 24 / Defenses: 11 (78)

-Basically taking the role of "Toad" in the new Brotherhood (ie. the mewling short guy that Magneto frequently insulted and bullied), Peeper had super-vision like few others in the Marvel Universe, but also blasted stuff with his eyes. Surprisingly, he made it to the modern era, where he was occasionally seen in the backgrounds of post-Decimation stuff (probably because of his distinctive appearance), but they finally killed him via Predator X. He's your standard weak PL 7 Blaster with some unique powers (Extended Vision is rarely-seen in FOUR ranks).

-His name makes me laugh, if only because of a childhood story. See, back when me and the cousins were all young enough to bathe or swim together in a backyard pool or what have you, my cousin Calvin and his sister Amy were playing out back at my grandparents' place. My brother and I were out at the front of the hosue, and all of a sudden we hear "MMMMMOOOOMMM!! You know what Amy did to my PEEPER??- She PULLED IT!" To this day, my brother and I can still crack each other up just by doing the "you know what Amy did to my Peeper?" part. So a guy walking around using that as his code-name is just awesome.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Paralyzer

Post by Jabroniville »

Next time someone claims that Jack was way better than Stan,just show them these dinks. What a bunch of fashion disasters.

PARALYZER (Randall Darby, aka "Shocker II")
Created By:
Jack Kirby
Role: Forgotten Villain, Blaster
Group Affiliations: The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Mutant Force/The Resistants
PL 7 (94)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills: 
Athletics 2 (+4)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Blasts) 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Electrical Control & Funky Hands"
"Surrounding Electrical Field" Damage 7 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Shapeable +5) (42) -- [43]
  • AE: Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (17)
"Clawed Hands & Feet"
Enhanced Advantages 2: Fast Grab, Improved Hold [2]
Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Claws +7 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Blast +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +2

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 13 (94)

-Paralyzer (aka "Shocker", which by then was the name of a Spider-Man villain who'd been around for ten years) is another classic jobber, packing a sad power-set including messed-up hands (at least they're still technically HANDS- unlike Barrage and Razorfist, who have similarly-crappy deformities, he can actually hold onto stuff) and Electrical Blasts. He appeared by his lonesome in one story arc featuring the Midnight Sons and Spider-Man, while he attempted to resurrect the creature Zzzax. Later, he appeared as the Shocker again following the destruction of Genosha, but only as a background face. He lost his powers on M-Day, but nonetheless appeared as part of The Hood's army as a background guy (likely due to his unique hands, which make him stand out as an oddity).

-Paralyzer has a unique ability in addition to his Blasts & Claws- the power to form "Electrical Fields" around objects. I chose to stat this up as a REALLY wide-range Shapeable Damage power- it'd be expensive as hell if he wasn't PL 7 with it. His clawed hands give him extra grappling power and extra damage as well, but he's still a Jobber. Though he DID manage to temporarily stun Spider-Man in a '90s story, so he's got a higher score than any of his buddies, that's for sure.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Lifter

Post by Jabroniville »

And the winner, hands down, for the prize of "Plainest Costume in the History of Comic Books"...

LIFTER (Ned Lanthrop, aka "Meteorite")
Created By:
Jack Kirby
Role: Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliations: The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Mutant Force/The Resistants
PL 7 (71)
STRENGTH
3/7 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Athletics 2 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Gravity Control"
"Cancelling Gravity" Power-Lifting 2 (12 tons) [2]
"Moving Objects By Touch" Move Object 8 (Flaws: Limited to Objects He's Touched) [8]

"Increasing Density"
Enhanced Strength 4 [8]
Protection 6 [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Boosted Strength +6 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2 (+8 Density), Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 24 / Defenses: 8 (71)

-Lifter (Seriously? LIFTER? THIS is what Jack Kirby creates without Stan? Puts Stan's crappier ideas in perspective, doesn't it?) was a telekinetic with a quirk- he can only lift stuff and use Move Object-type things on stuff he's TOUCHING, which basically gives him the Affects Others Only Extra, Limited to Objects. He's a bit of a piece of crap (and looks generic as hell), but at least he's unique in that regard. He has received the least character development of his team (keep in mind this team includes Paralyzer, Burner & Peepers on it), but at least got to fight the New Warriors in modern times, so he's still around.

-He could throw stuff, or just punch people, but is still PL 7 like his buddies.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MissRo

Re: Jab's Builds! (Masque! Marrow! Dark Beast! The Vidkids!)

Post by MissRo »

Shock

Re: Burner

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:47 am Image

Now THAT is an eyesore of a costume- Liefeldian pouches everywhere, a big bullet-head visored helmet, and it's YELLOW AND PURPLE?

You gotta love a guy that can shoot and control fire but still feels the need to pack a pistol on his chest.
Batgirl III

Re: Lifter

Post by Batgirl III »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:58 am Image

And the wimner, hands down, for the prize of "Plainest Costume in the History of Comic Books"...
That's just Magneto without his helmet or cape.

BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Slither

Post by Jabroniville »

SLITHER (Aaron Salomon)
Created By:
Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Captain America Annual #4, 1977
Role: Jobber Villain, Forgotten Villain, Animal Guy
PL 7 (85)
STRENGTH 6 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills: 
Athletics 3 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+8)
Perception 4 (+4)
Sleight of Hand 6 (+9)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Benefit (Ambidexterity), Chokehold, Equipment 4 (Jet-Pack & Pistol), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Snake-Like Physiology"
"Snake-Like Body" Extra Limbs 2 (Long Neck and Stretchy Body) [2]
"Snake Skin" Protection 2 [2]
"Snake Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Accurate Scent) [3]

Equipment:
"Jet-Pack" Flight 4 (8)
"Laser Pistol" Blast 5 (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Laser Pistol +5 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+6 Snake Skin), Fortitude +6, Will +2

Complications: 
Motivation (Viper)- Slither is a toady for Madame Hydra, and is easily cowed into doing whatever she says. 
Prejudice (Mutant)- As a mutant and a snake-man, Slither is easily held separate from ordinary people. 

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 10 (85)

-Slither is a pretty terrible concept from Jack Kirby's later years at Marvel- a scrawny, ugly-looking snake-man in green tights. Years and years later, he was temporarily split off with them to join in Viper's takeover of the Serpent Society (given his theme, he was a natural fit), but he was soon booted out when Viper's time in the sun was over (he'd later show up with her in a plot to blind all of America via their TV sets). He hadn't been seen in eons until that one-off shot in The New Warriors (reappearing with his old gang), for good reason.

-Slither is as pathetic as Boomslang when reading up on him. He's moderately super-strong (STR 6 is above most human capabilities in 3rd Edition), and a lethal grappler- his unique anatomy allows him to strangle with his arms free, which I chose to stat as "Extra Limbs", constricting around people's ribcages. He's also fairly tough, but not so much so than normal humans like Cap & Nomad can't beat the crap out of him. His main tricks of the trade are climbing (high Athletics score), sneaking and surprising guys with grapples, trying to choke them unconscious (this is all he does in every issue I have featuring him- he jumps and chokes someone, dealing with them for several rounds, but ultimately always loses). He's an alright fighter, but lacks the "oomph" needed to really bring guys down. Plus he has a jet-pack and a gun sometimes. And my friends, nothing says "comic books" like "Snake-men with Jet-Packs & Guns".
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Mist Mistress

Post by Jabroniville »

MIST MISTRESS (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Kieron Dwyer
First Appearance: Captain America #346 (Oct. 1988)
Group Affiliations: The Resistants
PL 7 (76)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0

Skills: 
Athletics 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Mist Form"
Flight 4 (8 mph) [8]
"Acid Mist" Damage 3 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud, Secondary Effect) Linked to Weaken Toughness 6 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud, Affects Objects) (27) -- [28]
AE: "Anaesthetic" Affliction 8 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud, Cumulative) (24)

Offense:
Acid Mist +3-6 Area (+3 Damage & +6 Weaken, DC 18 & 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 10 (76)

-Mist Mistress debuted with The Resistants, and hasn't been seen since.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Quill (Resistants)

Post by Jabroniville »

QUILL II (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
First Appearance: Captain America #343 (July 1988)
PL 6 (70)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0

Skills: 
Athletics 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+3)
Ranged Combat (Quills) 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Quills"
"Quills" Blast 5 (Feats: Accurate) (Extras: Multiattack) [16]
"Painful To The Touch" Affliction 3 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned) (Extras: Reaction +3) (Flaws: Limited Degree) [9]

Offense:
Quills +7 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Painful to the Touch +5 (+3 Affliction, DC 13)
Initiative +2

Defenses:

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 10 (70)

-Quill, one of many to share that name (the first was one of the Warpies in Captain Britain, the third an arena fighter one-off in Wolverine, and the fourth a Backgrounder in The Young X-Men), has pretty similar powers to the others- shooting quills. I figure he'd be quite painful to the touch, but isn't nearly as quill-covered as, say, the X-Student by the same name. Quill, thanks to a unique appearance, got to show up in an Acts of Vengeance issue featuring tons of villains fighting the Fantastic Four, under Doctor Doom's Mind Control. He was last seen being led to The Vault following that storyline's end. He can either throw the Quills, or just make people feel pain when they grab him.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Rust

Post by Jabroniville »

RUST (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
First Appearance: Captain America #350 (Feb. 1989)
PL 6 (60)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0

Skills: 
Athletics 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Corrodes Metals"
"Rust" Weaken Toughness 6 (Extras: Ranged, Progressive +2, Affects Objects Only +0) (Flaws: Limited to Metals) (Diminished Range -2) [16]

Offense:
Rust +5 (+6 Ranged Weaken, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 16 / Defenses: 10 (60)

-Rust's power to corrode metals availed him not- he was apparently killed by a crazed John Walker during his assault on the Resistants. As he's never appeared since, it's likely that he is, in fact, deceased.
Horsenhero

Re: Jab's Builds! (Masque! Marrow! Dark Beast! The Vidkids!)

Post by Horsenhero »

Dark Beast...all that knowledge and he still can't fix that haircut. :lol:
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Vidkids

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:21 pm Image

THE VIDKIDS
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Darick Robertson
First Appearance: Wolverine #54 (May 1992)
Role: Jobber Army, One-Off Foes
Group Affiliations: The Vidkids
I have this issue, and really liked it. It was funny how much Shatterstar got jobbed out after Leifeld left. I get the feeling the writers knew he was Rob's self insert character and had fun having better designed heroes beat the tar out of him. Hell, Night Thrasher beat Shatterstar in pure skill, with him having to resort to his rarely seen energy blast to gain an advantage.

But these guys were villains with potential. They'd actually be more relevant today with the vid camera / blogger / Youtube generation. Evil kids filming their crimes for kicks, perfect concept for today. You could even point out how these idiots filming themselves is something used in court to get them put away.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Lifter

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:58 am Image

And the wimner, hands down, for the prize of "Plainest Costume in the History of Comic Books"...

LIFTER (Ned Lanthrop, aka "Meteorite")
Created By:
Jack Kirby

-Lifter (Seriously? LIFTER? THIS is what Jack Kirby creates without Stan? Puts Stan's crappier ideas in perspective, doesn't it?) was a telekinetic with a quirk- he can only lift stuff and use Move Object-type things on stuff he's TOUCHING, which basically gives him the Affects Others Only Extra, Limited to Objects. He's a bit of a piece of crap (and looks generic as hell), but at least he's unique in that regard. He has received the least character development of his team (keep in mind this team includes Paralyzer, Burner & Peepers on it), but at least got to fight the New Warriors in modern times, so he's still around.

-He could throw stuff, or just punch people, but is still PL 7 like his buddies.
What's funny is that this is basically the Tactile Telekinesis/Personal Gravity Field power guys like Superboy and Gravity have. Like, if Lifter had trained a bit more his power could have been awesome.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

J2 to Juston Seyfert

Post by Jabroniville »

J:
J2 (MC2)
Jacawitz
Jack Chain (NuHuman- Lash's Crew)
Jack Flag
Jack Frost I (Frank)
Jack Frost II (Blizzard I)
Jack Hazzard (One-Off DD Foe)
Jack "Mr. Magnificent" Magniconte (Kickers, Inc.)
Jack Murdock
Jack O'Diamonds
Jack of Hearts
Jack O'Lantern I (Macendale)
Jack O'Lantern II (Mark Levins)
Jack O'Lantern III (Mysterio II/Mad Jack I)
Jack O'Lantern IV (Levins)
Jack O'Lantern V (Venom Foe)
Jack Power
The Jackal
Jackdaw I (Elf)
Jackdaw II (aka Blackbird)
Jackhammer
Jackpot I & II
Jacqueline Trufaut
Jade Dragon
Jaeger (The Neo)
Jagged Bow (Hawkeye Rip-Off)
El Jaguar
Jailbait
Jaine Cutter
Jakar (Stranger Mimic)
Jake Olson
James Braddock Sr.
James Mandarin (Would-Be Wizard)
Jamie Braddock
Janet Stein (The Pride)
Janissary
Jann of the Jungle
Janus I (Dracula's Son)
Janus II (Vincent)
Jason the Renegade (The Pantheon)
Jasper Sitwell (S.H.I.E.L.D.)
Jarella
Jarakk
Javelin (S.H.E.- Finland)
Javelynn
Javitz (Acolytes)
Jawbreaker
Jazinda
---
Jean DeWolff
Jean Grey (Phoenix, Marvel Girl)
Jeanie (Teen Comedy Book)
Jean-Paul DuChamp
Jeb Lee (Four Horsemen)
Jeff the Baby Land Shark
Jeff Sandervilt (Young Allies)
Jeffrey Garrett
Jennifer Kale
Jeremy Briggs
Jerome Hamilton (The Enclave)
Jerome Jaxon
Jeryn Hogarth
Jessica Jones (Jewel)
The Jester I (Powers)
The Jester II (Crazy Gang)
Jet-Black
Jet (Wildboys)
Jetstream
Jewel (Jessica Jones)
---
Jigsaw
Jim Jaspers
Jim Morita (Howling Commando Ally)
Jimmy-6
Jimmy Jupiter (Golden Age)
Jimmy Woo
---
J. Jonah Jameson
---
Jocasta
Jock (Code: Blue)
Joe Bugs (Morlocks)
Joe Danvers
Joe Robertson
Joe Smith
Joey (Morlocks)
John Garrett
John Kowalski
John Wraith
Johnny Dee (Mind-Controlling Mutant)
Johnny Do (New Universe)
Johnny Guitar & Dr. Sax
Johnny Ohm (Imperfects)
John Wraith
Jolen (Inhuman)
Jonas Harrow
Jorro (Deviant Weaponsmith)
Joseph
Joseph Hauer (The Super-Soldiers)
Josiah the Deceiver (Disciples of Doom)
Josiah X
Jolt
Jormungand
Joust (Stockpile)
Joy (The Undead MC)
Joy Meachum (Iron Fist Foe)
Joyboy
Joystick
---
Jubilee
Judas Traveller
Jude the Entropic Man
Judge
The Judicator (Elders of the Universe)
Julie Power
The Juggernaut
Jughandle (B-Sides)
Juliet (The Wild Pack)
Julunggul (Aboriginal Fertility God)
The Jumala (Finnish Gods)
Jun Ching (The Exiles)
Junction (The Neo)
Jungle Boy (1950s Wildman)
Junior Juniper (Howling Commandos)
Juniper (Young Gods Mentor)
Junkpile
Junta
Junzo Muto
The Jury
Justice (Marvel Boy II)
Justice (New Universe)
Justin Hammer
Justine Hammer
Juston Seyfert (Sentinel)

Marvel- The Letter "J":
-The Letter "J" is a relatively new one, not existing in the Latin Alphabet. The symbol itself was used for the last letter "I" at the end of Roman numerals, if following another "I" (such as "XXIIJ" instead of "XXIII")- it meant and sounded like the same thing. In fact, all Roman names were pronounced with nothing like what we'd consider a "J" sound- "Julius Caesar" was pronounced like "yoolius Kai-zar". It was German in the 1400s that made the letter distinctive, and English started doing so in the 1600s, replacing words like "iest" with "jest", often taking bits from other languages, like French. This is why words like "Hallelujah" and "fjord" still have a "J" in them, pronounced like "I" would be. In Spanish loanwords, it also makes "H" sounds (like "jalapeno").

-"J" is a very uncommonly-used letter, being fourth-least overall (only Z, Q & X are less-used), unless you count names, which use them a lot (Jennifer & Jessica being very common names for girls, John once being the most-common for men). Oddly enough though, only the barest minimum of Marvel characters use it to start their names. I would have imagined "J" would be way up there with A, B, C, S & M, but nope- very few guys. It's mostly a handful of Jacks (Power, O'Lantern, O'Diamonds, Of Hearts, etc.), some people known mostly by their real names (Jean Grey being the most famous by this point), and a couple of minor characters. Your only "Big Names" here are Jean Grey, The Juggernaut, Jubilee & J. Jonah Jameson.

Old Builds (With New Commentary):
Jade Dragon
Jennifer Kale
The Juggernaut
Jean Grey

New Builds:
Judge (Michael Hart)
Jury- group
Joe Smith
Jean-Paul DuChamp- Moon Knight ally
Jaine Cutter
Jimmy 6
James Scully
Juston Seyfert
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:42 pm, edited 38 times in total.
Jabroniville

Javelynn

Post by Jabroniville »

Unnecessary spikes, pointy gauntlets & boots, metallic cleavage and the skimpiest, least-warm winter coat ever? What is WITH this outfit?

JAVELYNN
Created By:
Chuck Dixon & Scott Kolins
First Appearance: Hawkeye #1 (1994)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: The Secret Empire
PL 7 (76)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 5 (+7)
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+3)
Insight 1 (+2)
Perception 3 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Javelins) 2 (+11)

Advantages: 
Equipment 1 (Throwing Javelins), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 3

Equipment: 
"Throwing Javelins" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Ranged 3) (Diminished Range -1) (4)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Throwing Javelins +11 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Enemy (Hawkeye)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (76)

-I think one of my favourite things about comics is that there's not just someone named Javelynn, who specializes in throwing javelins, but TWO OTHER CHARACTERS who have the same overall gimmick, simply named "Javelin". THREE PEOPLE using the same obscure general concept. Javelynn was hired by The Viper and set against Hawkeye, alongside Trick Shot. The two drive Clint off at first, but are soon separated and easily overpowered. In her next attempt, she's beaten just as quickly. She lacks gimmicks- she's just some lady with a throwing weapon.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.