Jab’s Builds! (Sword of Sodan! Nightmare Creatures/Circus! Lawnmower Man!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Clea! The Dread Dormammu! Umar! Fear Lords!)

Post by Ken »

Ken wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:17 pm Old:
1. Might Crusaders
2. Cosmic Marvel
3. Iron Man

New:
1. Donovan (this is a riddle, not a non-sequitur)
3. Batman
The Answer
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Sidney369

Re: The Eye Killers

Post by Sidney369 »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:01 am Image

THE EYE KILLERS
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Bob Hall
First Appearance: Doctor Strange #38 (Dec. 1979)

-Chris, who has a very long memory, brings the Eye Killers back in Uncanny X-Men. Here, they fight a de-powered Storm and the Cheyenne shaman Naze while on their "Vision Quest". Naze is drained by the female, but Storm knocks her into a fire, which reveals her natural form. The brother attacks to save his sister, but Storm stabs him in the throat, whipping him into his sister, where the two die in flames.

-The Eye Killers are kinda weird, being almost immune to Strange's magic but then just jobbing to Storm & Naze pretty quickly. Given the same man wrote both stories it's a bit peculiar. I made them pretty generic PL 8 Life-Drainers- the male shoots black lightning from his eyes, and the female fire, though they are immune to neither.
The reason for that could be that Naze had been killed and replaced by the demonic Adversary, who used the encounter to get Storm to trust him and try to murder Forge.
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:20 am You know, if they had Really wanted to push "Vampire Anti-Hero" Strange, they could've done a Homage of Forever Knight and set Victor and his Sicko girlfriend in Seattle, Vancouver or even Seacover as a Police Detective (it's not like Doc Strange wouldn't fuck around with a bit of the mind mojo to help his little bro out....) and for god's sake keep him in Plain Cloths! i don't want that eyesore of a costume anywhere NEAR this guy! fine, give him the Baron Blood name, just no costume...
If it's going to be a homage to Forever Knight, then it should be set in Not-ronto.

And if it's such an ugly costume, would Marvel really have used it or variations of it 4 times?
Probably.
Always ask before you use someone's Original Character.
Never ever use them without permission. Only Villains do that.
Spam

Re: Jab’s Builds! (The Fear Lords! Wong! Eye Killers! Victor Strange!)

Post by Spam »

I'm guessing that they took the name Salome from everyone's favorite possibly incestuous lesbian witch queen from the Conan tales? And by everyone I probably mean myself.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Spam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:38 am I'm guessing that they took the name Salome from everyone's favorite possibly incestuous lesbian witch queen from the Conan tales? And by everyone I probably mean myself.
Probably, but just as plausibly from the historical figure that Howard named his almost certainly incestuous lesbian witch queen after, Herod's step-daughter (and half-neice) who supposedly asked for John the Baptist's head.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Urthona

Post by Jabroniville »

URTHONA
Created By:
Peter Gillis & Chris Warner
First Appearance: Doctor Strange #79 (Oct. 1986)
Role: One-Off Villain
Group Affiliations: The Children of Set

-Urthona is the Sorceror Supreme of the planet Gevaltu, who wishes to become Sorceror Supreme of the entire universe. He tortured Wong to get to Doctor Strange (one of many roadblocks to his goal), and stole numerous books from the Sanctum Sanctorum, but Strange and his ally Rintrah destroyed most of them. He reappeared once more, in which he interfered with the battle between Jarakk & Pura-Shamutra during the "War of the Seven Spheres". He offered them his homeworld as a battleground, watching as they destroyed it utterly- he used a magic device to restore it, placing him as its ruler, but Strange revealed this act to the populace, and he was then exiled into another dimension.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Secondary colors, spikes of villainy, face full of tentacles, skull-shaped belt buckle, and a dragon minion?

The only thing this guys missing from the Villains’R’Us spring fashion line is a cape.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:04 am Secondary colors, spikes of villainy, face full of tentacles, skull-shaped belt buckle, and a dragon minion?

The only thing this guys missing from the Villains’R’Us spring fashion line is a cape.
I think Doom bought 'em all out again.... :D
Jabroniville

The Shadowqueen

Post by Jabroniville »

THE SHADOWQUEEN (Shialmar)
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Gene Colan
First Appearance: Doctor Strange #43 (Oct. 1980)
Role: Witch Queen
Group Affiliations: None
PL 12 (220)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Deception 6 (+11)
Expertise (Magic) 9 (+15)
Expertise (Demon & Monster Lore) 5 (+9)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+9)
Perception 6 (+10)
Persuasion 2 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Magic) 4 (+12)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit (Rules Kachimar), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Ritualist

Powers:
"Magical Might"
"Gargoyle Transformation" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed & Hindered/Compelled & Stunned/Controlled & Transformed to Gargoyle) (Extras: Ranged, Progressive +2, Contagious +2, Extra Condition) (70) -- [73]
  • AE: Magical Blast 12 (24)
  • AE: "Poisonous Touch" Weaken Stamina 10 (Extras: Progressive +2) (30)
  • AE: Teleport 12 (Extras: Extended, Accurate) (48)
Force Field 10 (Extras: Impervious 11) [21]
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) [3]
"Giantess" Growth 8 (Flaws: Limited to Non-ST & STA Growths) [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Magical Blast +12 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Poisonous Touch +8 (+10 Weaken, DC 20)
Gargoyle Transformation +12 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+14 Force Field), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Evil)- The Shadowqueen has been utterly corrupted by evil, and kills for the fun of it.
Enemy (Bayar & The Rebellion)
Relationship (Kan)- An Earth monk helped out Shialmar's early rebellion against the Wizard Kings, and she loved him deeply, sacrificing her own soul to save his. That Wong looks exactly like him stays her hand on sevearl occasions.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 105 / Defenses: 17 (220)

-The Shadowqueen is a Doctor Strange foe from a single arc written by Chris Claremont. As Shialmar, she had led a rebellion against the peaceful Wizard Kings, whom she felt were tyrants. She fell in love with a mystical monk they'd summoned to help them, and both mourned the bloodshed of the war, even when they massacred the final city held by the Wizard Kings. However, it was revealed that they'd been led astray- their court magician was allied with the demonic N'Garai, and he'd framed the innocent Wizard Kings to set up the war! He prepared to sacrifice his one-time allies to the N'Garai, but Shialmar offered up her own soul instead to save her lover from harm- the demons, intrigued by corrupting an innocent soul, immediately switched sides, transforming her into the dark Shadowqueen. She murdered the traitor, but was told she had to make another sacrifice- one she loved. And so she slew her brother instead of the monk, whom she sent back to Earth. The monk never found her again, and he trained his descendants to dedicate their lives to helping out good magicians, to prevent another "Shadowqueen". The latest descendant? Doctor Strange's assistant, Wong, of course.

-The Shadowqueen ruled for a thousand years, and saw her love's appearance in Wong- she captured him & Clea, which led to Strange helping out the rebellion. The Shadowqueen had actually done this deliberately to let the rebellion show itself, but she was undone by her own love- she hesitated in striking down Wong, who so resembled her dead lover, and Strange used this Achilles heel to draw the essence of Shialmar from deep within her- he drew the Shadowqueen's evil into himself and barely managed to banish it. Shialmar soon died, feeling she'd only find peace in death- the memories of the evils she'd wrought were too much to bear. She notes ironically that her love for the monk had led her to unspeakable evil.

-This story, summed up very well on this Writeups.org bio, was an early "Demon Sorceress" story by Claremont, who obviously was hung up on the notion of innately-evil but deep-down-good Sorceresses (Magik would contain a lot of these elements). She lasts for only two issues, but the Writeups writer says this is a legitimately heartbreaking story.

-The Shadowqueen is said to be "on par" with Doctor Strange, or higher. She transforms into a giantess for much of the fight (HELL YES!), but doesn't use it to attack physically- maybe just for show. She also possesses the INSANE power to transform people into stone-skinned gargoyles loyal to her... which could then touch other people, turning THEM into gargoyles as well! This means she could have conquered vast swaths very quickly. This would be a Transformation Affliction that is Contagious, possibly also Continuous, costing about 6pp/rank. She can also Blast, fly, sense magic, and has a poisonous touch. I figure her for a PL 12 character with a massive points-cost- the kind of thing to give even Doctor Strange pause.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You know, that's my main problem with people that use Growth but don't have it as a main power: they only use it as Intimidation. If you grow to the size of the Chrysler Building.......THEN USE IT FER CRYING OUT LOUD!! Start high-stepping, pick up a smaller building and swinging it like a Bat, do ANYTHING besides standing there letting yourself get hit.
When Hawkeye took the Goliath mantel from Pym, he hsd the right idea: Unless you need to be taller for something, just grow to 8ft or so. You'll gain all the benefits(Strength, Stamina, Mass, Intimidation, Fortitude & Toughness increases) but mitigate some of the problems(you still got the Dodge & Parry negative but aren't as big a target).It was a Brilliant plan and worked the entire time he was Goliath.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:16 pm ... yeah, trying to turn the Nazi vampire he came up with into an anti-heroic figure is another "what were you thinking, Roy?" moment.
I'd honestly forgotten he was Baron Blood until I went searching for pics. The online bios just call him "Victor" all the time. It's super-weird that they'd try to make that a heroic identity.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:40 am
Davies wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:16 pm ... yeah, trying to turn the Nazi vampire he came up with into an anti-heroic figure is another "what were you thinking, Roy?" moment.
I'd honestly forgotten he was Baron Blood until I went searching for pics. The online bios just call him "Victor" all the time. It's super-weird that they'd try to make that a heroic identity.
I'm of the mind Marvel just liked how the name sounded so "Edgy" in the 90's and forgot it was on a Villian....:)
Davies

Post by Davies »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:45 am
I'm of the mind Marvel just liked how the name sounded so "Edgy" in the 90's and forgot it was on a Villian....:)
But Thomas was the guy who created the original Baron Blood, for pity's sake!
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:35 am
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:45 am
But Thomas was the guy who created the original Baron Blood, for pity's sake!
Then he got hold of the Stupid Ball for some reason... :|
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

oh yeah, I've decided for the TMNT builds (which I should probably push ahead on the list, even over things I have completed and yet to post, since they did so well in the poll :)) that I should instead post versions of each character from various fictional universes... within reason. Like, the Archie Comics version of Donatello isn't really that different from the 1980s Cartoon version. "Archie Raph" has the cool all-black bodysuit, though. Sometimes a full build, sometimes just notes.

Now the only question is: I was thinking of posting each version of a character one after the other (so it'd be Cartoon Leo, 2003 Leo, Nick Leo, etc.). God knows if I just post "80s Leo" then someone will note how "Version X did better with character trait Y" or something anyhow. Though lord knows I haven't watched any of the early 2000s cartoon in 20 years.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You COULD do them like you did the Fantastic Four builds("Base Leo!", 2003 Leo!", Archie Leo!", etc.) and put 'em all on 1 page.