Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Foot Soldiers (1980s)

Post by Jabroniville »

FOOT SOLDIERS- 1987 Cartoon
Role:
Iconic Mooks
Played By: N/A
Group Affiliations: The Foot Clan
PL 3 (33)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA -- AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE --

Bodacious Skills:
Perception 2 (+1)
Stealth 2 (+4)

Gnarly Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Laser Guns- Blast 4), Fast Grab

Tubular Powers:
"Robots"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 2 [2]

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+2 Damage, DC 18)
Laser Gun +2 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +2

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +2, Fortitude --, Will --

Bummer Complications:
Disabled (Mute)

Total: Abilities: -6 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 2 (33)

-Among the more recognizable and iconic "Mooks" in 1980s cartoons were the numerous hordes of Foot Clan Soldiers used by Krang and Shredder as minions. See, since this was a KID SHOW, and obviously you couldn't show Leonardo just hacking guys apart with his swords, the reasonable decision was made to have Shredder's Ninja Army be entirely robotic. So now the Turtles could tear them apart with reckless abandon, and the kids & parents at home wouldn't be mortified (this wasn't the FIRST show to do this- both G.I. Joe's B.A.T.s and She-Ra's Horde Robots predate the Foot Robots). And for some reason, we basically never see the actual human members of the Foot Clan after the first episode's Origin Story finishes. There's some Great Master shown, his aides, plus a dojo full of students... and they pretty much all vanish without a trace, as Shredder is now the "Foot Leader" with tons of robots as minions instead of actual ninjas.

-The Foot initially appear as the Shredder's key minions (shockingly, Leo cuts one up WITHOUT KNOWING IT'S A ROBOT at first), but soon two gang members are turned into Rocksteady & Bebop, and the Foot Soldiers become used less and less- usually as standard-issue backgrounders who never do anything. Like most good Mooks, they go down in a single hit, and are easily-bested by anyone with even rudimentary ability to defend themself. As pathetic mooks, they have worse accuracy than Imperial Stormtroopers, despite having advanced Laser Weapons. They are only seen with other weapons rarely- the video games make GREAT use of these guys as Final Fight-style losers, using multiple colors to showcase Foot Soldiers with different kinds of weapons (grenades, throwing stars, blades on chains, etc.).

Other Foot Soldier Toys: Movie Star Foot Soldier, Mutatin' Foot Soldier, Robotic Foot Soldier
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Donatello & Michelangelo- All Versions! '80s Raphael!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

I've always liked the Foot Soldiers/Ninjas. Both the goofy 80s ones, and the cooler-looking 2003 ones (which also had a whole bunch of variants, and even had Elite Mooks!)
Jabroniville

Foot Soldiers (Variants)

Post by Jabroniville »

STANDARD FOOT SOLDIER- Other Versions
Created By:
Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird
First Appearance: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (May 1984)
Role: Mooks
Group Affiliations: The Foot Clan
Played By: Various
Named For: Parody of Marvel's "The Hand"
PL 4 (47)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+5)
Athletics 2 (+3)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+5)
Deception 5 (+5)
Expertise (Street Rat) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+3)
Perception 4 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Ninja Weapons) 1 (+4)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 2 (Ninja Gear), Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 3, Teamwork

Equipment:
"Ninja Weapons" Short Sword +2, Battle Axe +3 (note- usually one less Accuracy for this weapon), Shuriken +2, Chain +1- Reach 4, etc.

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Weapons +4 (+2-3 Damage, DC 18-20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Will +0

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 4 (47)

-The human agents of the Foot are typically just like the movie's versions- good enough, but will easily fall to PL 8-9 martial artists.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab’s Builds! (The Ninja Turtles- All Versions! Foot Robots!)

Post by MacynSnow »

In my Headcannon, the Foot & The Hand despise each other and will ignore everybody else in a fight if they spot each other.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds! (The Ninja Turtles- All Versions! Foot Robots!)

Post by Ares »

I'll give Eastman & Laird credit, they made a parody of a more well known ninja clan ("The Hand"), and not only made it obvious ("The Foot"), but had a superior pun with their clan's mooks being Foot Soldiers. That's just . . . brilliant.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Cheapskates

Post by Jabroniville »

The streets won't be safe with this radical street legal skateboard! Be the envy of all your mutant friends! Let your Turtles skate through the sewers in style on this pizza-powered machine. But wait there's more: comes with muck blower, kick-action Turtle foot, sewer cover sheild, Stench-cutting sewer searchlight and National Turtle Quiz book. We'd give you the kitchen sink but it won't fit in the box.

CHEAPSKATE (16 ep):
Role:
Cheaper Kids Vehicle, Sewer Transport
Stats: (Medium Size, Strength 2, Speed 6, Defense 10, Toughness 8) (11)
Extras: "Boot" Damage 4, Searchlight (5)
-- (16 points)

-I remember the Cheapskate getting a lot of play in one episode, as Donatello goes into detail about how he build them out of garbage and other "cheap" materials, hence the name. This was naturally designed to sell the toys, which were the cheapest of the TMNT vehicles you could buy, and so were fairly popular. They're basically Motorized Giant Skateboards, but have a pedal up front to boot guys in the ass. One specific memory I have is my friend Paul using the "boot" on his hamster as it wandered around the basement (don't worry- the boot doesn't have much velocity :)). Statistically, it's just a Motorcycle with better Strength and a "Boot" up front.
Jabroniville

The Party Wagon

Post by Jabroniville »

The radical, super-cool, Super-Spoiler on top of the van triggers the Foot-pounding tenderizer, whacko bombs, and other party surprises! All this control is now in the palm of your Foot-bustin' hands! Turtle-plated flip top allows easy access for six action figures—more if you squish 'em!

PARTY WAGON/TURTLE VAN (70 ep):
Role:
Elite Vehicle
Stats: (Huge Size, Strength 8, Speed 6, Defense 8, Toughness 10) (21)
Extras: Radar, Cannons x2 (Blast 8- Multiattack) (49)
-- (70 points)

-The Turtle Van (referred to as the Party Wagon in the toyline) was the Turtles' primary mode of transport in the TV series- a garish yellow van with a green shell roof and a frowny-face on the front (matching the Turtles' grimaces from their toy packaging & Mirage books), it had a lot of doors (which altered over time- some flipped down into ramps) and room to move about. Typically, the vehicle's guns were not seen in the show- it's a bit... un-hero like for 1980s cartoon characters to be blasting away with artillery. It was a CONSTANT fixture, actually- easily the most common vehicle (and the show had a LOT of vehicles- those were the mother lode of toys. Pricier and more in-demand). It was just too handy- you could get all the Turtles in one place at the same time, have them chase after enemy vehicles, and so on.

-The van originally belonged to Baxter Stockman, and they Turtles kept it when he was gone. Though the sewers beneath Manhattan were depicted as large enough to easily walk around in, the FRIGGIN' VAN was a bit too big- it seems to have had an easy hiding place or two. Thankfully, this NYC was pretty void of hard-to-draw traffic, so the giant van emblazoned with their trademark turtle shell didn't draw too much attention from civilians, nor get bogged down in traffic.

-An obvious homage is in the Nick Toon, where it's April's father's van and the Turtles drive it in a few episodes, though their usual vehicle was a modified subway car called the "Shellraiser", with a similar purpose in the show. The IDW Comics feature it as well, keeping the origins with Baxter first owning it.
Jabroniville

The Turtle Blimp

Post by Jabroniville »

Now, with the incredibly wacky Turtle Blimp, you can help the Turtles patrol for the evil Shredder and his band of stinky cohorts, the Foot Clan! Yea, you control the action as the Turtles dive into battle from their zappin' zeppelin. That's right! You command the Blimp over the city skyscrapers and swoop in for sneak attacks with the Turtle Glider. No leaky batteries. no tangled strings or rusty springs, just you and good clean fun.

Blueprints included for easy-to-follow assembly. If you're a know-it-all, toss'em

Detachable Glider has rolling wheels for ground play!

Turtle Trigger releases bombs and Turtles individually or all together!

TURTLE BLIMP (62 ep):
Role:
Elite Vehicle
Stats: (Huge Size, Strength 8, Flight 5, Defense 6, Toughness 11) (24)
Extras: Foot Light, Dual Machine Guns +6 (Multiattack), Torpedos- Burst Area Blast 8, Features- Glider Detaches (28)
-- (62 points)

-The Turtle Blimp was given a huge push in the show, being used as a vehicle that helped the group take down Krang in his giant-sized Android Body. Naturally, this was so that they could advertise the 1988 release of the Turtle Blimp toy! This was a bit of a "Holy Grail" piece in the line, and one that I never saw with my own two eyes. Even the most spoiled kids (and my brother and I had a LOT of the best- Dino Riders T-Rex & Diplodocus; Powermaster Optimus Prime; a huge G.I. Joe fold-out base; etc.) failed to get it. Though all the same, I don't recall either of us particularly BEGGING for one. What we REALLY wanted were "Show Accurate" Android Krang and the Technodrome, which weren't released until much later.

-That said, I do have a specific memory of making some "terrific" gift for my brother's birthday or Christmas or whatever- a makeshift "Turtle Blimp" that was essentially a cardboard box taped to a green balloon with "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" written on the side in black marker. I asked my brother about this, and he vaguely remembers it ("Didn't we put the Turtles in it and it sank?"). I was totally expecting him to be in love with this "awesome present", to the point where I made my parents hide it in their bedroom for like a week, but in retrospect it was probably terrible and didn't last long (I mean, it was a BALLOON).
-Naturally, you'll notice the box art is a notably different color scheme than the real toy (which is a green balloon, not a yellow & green detailed thing).

-The Blimp was seen here and there, but the Party Wagon/Van was naturally much more common. It was badly damaged in the second-last season and never seen again. And really, this is a team of presumed STEALTH FIGHTERS. What on Earth were they doing with a blimp WITH THEIR TEAM LOGO ON IT?
Batgirl III

Re: Jab’s Builds! (The Ninja Turtles- All Versions! The Foot! Vehicles!)

Post by Batgirl III »

A friend of mine managed to get a Turtle Blimp, it was pretty cool. The ballon portion was made of a pretty thick polyvinyl, kind of like a beach ball, making it remarkably durable for a toy of this sort.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

The Technodrome

Post by Jabroniville »

Art by stanoslovisky.

THE TECHNODROME (107 ep):
Role:
Giant Villainous Base
Stats: (Awesome Size, Strength 20, Speed 7, AE: "Hovering" Flight 1, Defense 5, Toughness 20- Impervious 11) (44)
Weapons: Blast 16 (Extras: Multiattack), "Power Blast" Blast 20, "Eyeball Missile Launchers" Burst Damage 14 (50)
Extras: Radar, Navigation System, Dimensional Portal, Hidden Compartments, Communications, Computer, Defense Systems, Garage, Holding Cells, Living Space, Power System, Workshop, Drilling Mechanism, Feature- 972 Rooms (14)
-- (107 points)

-Probably the most iconic Villain Base in TV history (even over SNAKE MOUNTAIN from He-Man!), The Technodrome is the home base of Krang, and nearly constantly seen in the cartoon. It was initially a moving vessel underneath the Earth's crust (within walking distance of NYC's sewer system, of course), but was frequently damaged, rendered inoperable, and exiled elsewhere. In fact, one of the great signals of time in the cartoon was to see where the Technodrome was THAT episode- it was either under NYC, trapped at the Earth's core (with lava everywhere), trapped underwater, trapped at the North Pole, or trapped in Dimension X itself. Generally speaking, Krang rarely left- it was up to the Shredder and his minions to leave and engage in field missions, either by way of portal or by those nifty little "Drill Machines" that would shoot him up to the surface.

-Apparently the early plan in the cartoon was for the Turtles to take over the Technodrome and use it as a personal base after the first five-part series... but Eastman & Laird, to their credit, refused this idea, feeling that it was WAY out of character for the more-secretive ninjas to be using a titanic, rolling base. It would often get reactivated or empowered by some shenanigans of the week, then get damaged and be stuck elsewhere- this generally happened at the beginning and ends of seasons. Finally, it was trapped in Dimension X and attacked by a gigantic plant-monster in the eighth season, and was destroyed- it was last seen as a motionless husk in the bottom of a crater.

-There was actually a toy for this, but like "Krang's Android Body", it was more of a mythical "wouldn't it be cool if they MADE ONE?" toy among the kids I knew- we had no clue there ever actually WAS one! The toy was released in 1990, so I SHOULD have definitely been aware of it- I can't imagine missing out on the ads for it, and they MUST have had images of the toy on the backboards of other toys I owned- I was EXTREMELY thorough when going over the toys I did not currently own, as my poor parents can attest.

-Statistically, the Technodrome lies somewhere between a Headquarters and a Vehicle- I ended up "cheating" and going with a Vehicle's baseline & Weapons, but with the HQ's Features system. MOST of the time in the cartoon, it just operates as a base, since it can only rarely move. When it DOES, however, it's been proven capable of destroying mountains with a single weapons salvo, flattening them with its treads, and endangering entire cities. At various times, Krang's gear can allow for spectacular things like dimensional portals that dwarf the entire Earth, Earthquake Machines, and more. Essentially, this is one hell of a boon to any "Kitchen Sink" franchise. Need a random, cross-genre story? Just add the Technodrome- instant justification!
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Shredder! Tokka & Rahzar! Vanilla Ice! '80s Leonardo!)

Post by Jabroniville »

CoyoteUnion wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:07 am He needs some new stats, not just any will suffice
But they didn't have Ice Cube so he built Vanilla Ice

I'm not one of those "wrong generation" types, but I was born too late for 80's/90's pop culture and we didn't have cable for the newer cartoons. Everything's so self-aware and self-conscious now. Half of it's just remaking or riffing or deconstructing something that already exists. Sometimes that means better writing, but it's like no one's allowed to just have fun anymore, or if they do they have to pair it with some social commentary (good or bad) or complex continuity where you have to remember everything. I'm sure part of that's cause I never lived in the 80's, so it doesn't feel as real, but still.

Insert Under Pressure joke here.
I often wonder what younger generations think about '80s pop culture. Some of our stuff was REALLY silly- the Turtles, in fact, were one of the only self-referential, deliberately-silly shows out there, but even they played it a little more straight at first. What's funny is how they eventually stopped using their weapons, but as a kid I never noticed, lol.

The Nick toon was a bit odd because it was clearly in love with a lot of the '80s universe's stuff- sooooooooo many cameos and callbacks. But then later I guess there's a crossover episode where Raphael has to teach the '80s Turtles all how to fight. So I dunno.

Never mind the fact that modern kids might have NO IDEA what all these references are about, and might not even get them.
Jabroniville

Hot Spot

Post by Jabroniville »

Ruff, ruff! Hot Spot is not only man's best friend - he's the Turtles' canine companion. This likeable, lickable lad won't roll over and play dead, cuz he's armed to the teeth! Yes, that bone can break bones, if used just right. But that's only a last resort. This piebald pal really likes to get the Foot Clan clean by dousin' 'em with his trusty, rusty, squirtin' fire hydrant. And if it's a four alarm Foot fight, Hot Spot's got his power-packed Foot-fightin' fire axe and anti-gaggin' gas mask - so he can go right into the thick of things. The Turtles know that if they ever need the help of this dalmation dude, all they gotta do is sound the alarm - and Hot Spot will be there, ready to roll.

HOT SPOT
Role:
Half-Assed Character, Mutant Dalmatian
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (79)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Bodacious Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Expertise (Firefighter) 8 (+8)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 1 (+4)

Gnarly Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Axe, Hose), Ranged Attack 4

Radical Equipment:
"Fire Axe" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Penetrating 5) (9)
"Hose" (1)
"Gas Mask" (1)

Tubular Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [5]

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Axe +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Bummer Complications:
Motivation (Fighting)
Prejudice (Freak)

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 12 (79)

-Hot Spot, like Sandstorm & Scratch, is a weak-ass Late In The Toyline character, which as usual, means that he kind of sucks, has a silly concept, and is mostly forgotten by everyone. He's a Dalmatian Firefighter, which is a natural stereotype for the dogs that famously used to hang out as fire station mascots (I've never seen anything like that in person, however). Of course, nowadays Dalmations are more known for the Disney movies, and for being really bad pets, as the breed is notorious for inbreeding (and associated problems with that), and for being high-energy and thus rough with the children that whined at mommy and daddy for a cute spotted puppy. He naturally had no appearances in the cartoon, or any later continuity either. Like Scratch, he is worth a TON of money, probably the second most valuable figure in the entire line on the secondary market- he's on eBay for over $1000 sometimes.

-Hot Spot's toy is REALLY bad, too. At least Scratch and Sandstorm are defensible, if boring. THIS GUY? His eyes are all messed-up and pointing in different directions, and holding a bone in his mouth just makes him look stupid. Like, medically-so.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds! (The Ninja Turtles- All Versions! The Foot! Vehicles!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Hot Spot's pretty bad-looking. Now, if he were to team up with Snout Spout..The ultimate duo of terrible animal firefighter figures.
Jabroniville

Scratch

Post by Jabroniville »

He’s been sentenced to nine life terms; he’s busted outta jail nine times – now this flea-bitten feline is free to frolic with the fetid Foot Clan. Scratch is the meanest street cat you’re likely to meet. And, if you perchance to run into this Mutant mongrel, run him over before he scratches you senseless! But beware – cuz Scratch is the master of trickery. That’s how he gets outta jail all the time! He may fool the fuzz by offering them a piece of his criminal cake gun. Then it’s SWIPE! SWIPE! – and Scratch is off runnin’ with his swindlin’ sidekick, Jail Bird. Together, they torment and terrorize the Teens by bumpin’ off banks and teamin’ up with Shredder. Scratch has got his felonious fish club, too, to batter up the Turtle Teens. And no matter how he flips to fight, Scratch always lands on his feet. So don’t cross Scratch’s path – or he’ll cross you out!

SCRATCH
Role:
CAT Burglar, Ludicrously-Expensive Toy
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (103)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Bodacious Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 5 (+9)
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Burglar) 8 (+8)
Perception 7 (+7)
Stealth 6 (+10)

Gnarly Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Cake Gun & Fish Club), Fast Grab, Hide in Plain Sight, Ranged Attack 7, Sidekick 10 (Jail Bird), Uncanny Dodge

Radical Equipment:
"Criminal Cake Gun" Blast 3 Linked to Affliction 3 (Will; Dazed/Stunned) (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (9)
"Felonius Fish Club" Strength-Damage +2 (2)

Tubular Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Extended & Ultra-Hearing) [5]

"Cat Agility"
"Righting Reflex" Immunity 5 (Falling Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [2.5]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Club +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Cake Gun +8 (+3 Ranged Damage & Affliction, DC 18 & 13)
Initiative +4

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Bummer Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Prejudice (Freak)

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 33--16.5 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 8.5 / Defenses: 12 (103)

JAIL BIRD THE SWINDLIN' SIDEKICK
PL 4 (46)
STRENGTH
-2 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Bodacious Skills:
Expertise (Thief) 4 (+4)
Perception 4 (+5)
Sleight of Wing 4 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+4, +8 Size)

Gnarly Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Evasion, Fast Grab

Tubular Powers:
Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [4]

"Small Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-1 Strength & Speed, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation)

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +6 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Initiative +2

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +0, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Total: Abilities: 12 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 10 (46)

-Among the most-obscure TMNT toys, Scratch is only notable because he reflects one of the oddities of the Toy Collector Subculture: Even shitty toys can become ENORMOUSLY EXPENSIVE if they're rare enough, and come from a popular enough toy line.

-See, common Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys are worth a pittance, even with all of their gear. Most of the first 3-4 years of the toyline's figures aren't that expensive, either ($12-20 is normal for even a complete one- barely more than they were when they were new). The more popular the figure was in his day, the cheaper he probably costs now- if a million kids owned a Donatello, then chances are the figure is still common 25+ years later, and so there's no reason to be jacking up the prices on one of several thousand vintage figures.

-But Scratch? This weak-ass toy from 1993- six years after the toyline debuted? Scratch was unpopular, underproduced, and wasn't in the cartoon, so he didn't sell very well. But therein lies the secret to his fame: most lame toys from his era are worth barely anything, but because he's A) exceptionally-rare (if nobody bought him, then not many are around), and B) from a toyline that people actually CARE about, he is now worth a FORTUNE online. A quick search of eBay shows various figures selling for between $1,000-2,000!!!! For a SINGLE TOY. The only one more expensive is a Kraft Dinner mail-away for an all-black & silver Super Shredder- people charge around $10,000 for one of those sealed in his original packing envelope.

-But it's just this funny look at how things work. There are rarer figures, but if they're from obscure toylines, nobody cares. The Trash Bag Bunch, Barnyard Battlers, Food Fighters, etc? Nobody cares. The rarest Visionaries guy (Reekon) is easily-damaged and came with the top vehicle in the line so he's pretty rare, but even then he's less than $80 because the line was not that successful. But since the damn TMNT were so huge, their forgotten baseline figures are just worth inordinate amounts to completist and the collectors of rarities. The only things more expensive for less were M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, and that's mostly because an obsessive weirdo or two were jacking up the prices by paying literal thousands for weird-looking random plastic figures with no coloring on them.

-Scratch was intially called "Hallocat", and his creator altered his name and used him for the toyline in 1993. The character basically went nowhere, but appeared in one Game Boy video game as the very first boss. Nowadays, he's ONLY known for being the massively-pricey figure he is, to the point of controversy- doing a quick check, I found a forum of TMNT collectors complaining about how over-priced he is, and how lame his toy is in comparison (like, he's SIX TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE than even Android Body Krang, which is a MUCH better toy!).

-For stats, Scratch is a baseline PL 7 loser character with a sidekick- the humorously-named "Jailbird".
Jabroniville

April O'Neil (Overall)

Post by Jabroniville »

APRIL O'NEIL:
-As important to any Turtle to the franchise is their Human Buddy, and link to the "real world", April O'Neil. Without her to act as a magnet for exposition, and of course a Damsel in Distress, you often don't have a series at all. She is named after, and visually based on, Kevin Eastman's first wife, April Fisher, which explains her Ambiguously Brown appearance in the Mirage books- her curly hair often makes her look black, but Fisher was of mixed race. The first cartoon turned her into a redhead, and this is the image that's stuck in every other version until the VERY recent cartoon. Neither of the original creatures can agree on her ethnicity either (Peter Laird says she's white), so this remains unclear. Initially Baxter Stockman's lab assistant, she was shifted into a reporter, which again stuck for many other versions, though most recent versions of the tale have shifted that as well. In almost every continuity by the '87 Toon, she is paired up romantically with Casey Jones as well- again, that toon remains a huge outlier in nearly every April story.

April was most typically a Damsel in Distress (nearly every video game features her- and sometimes Splinter- being captured by the Shredder), but most versions other than the '97 Toon shift her into an increasingly-badass character, learning fighting from Splinter until she can sort of hold her own.