Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Casey Jones (1980s)

Post by Jabroniville »

"If I don't get to BREAK SOMETHING soon, I'm gonna go NUTS!"
-The hyper-violent, aggressive lunatic Casey Jones, implying that he's GOING to go insane.

CASEY JONES
Role:
The Greatest Character in the History of the Universe, Ax-Crazy Vigilante, Psychopath
Played By: Pat Fraley
Group Affiliations: None
PL 9 (109)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Bodacious Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 6 (+10)
Deception 6 (+5)
Expertise (Psychotic Vigilante) 9 (+9)
Intimidation 9 (+8)
Investigation 4 (+4)
Perception 6 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Thrown Objects) 2 (+9)

Gnarly Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment 1 (Golf Bag, Sports Equipment), Fast Grab, Favored Foe (Scuzz-Buckets), Improved Critical (Sports Equipment) 2, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Takedown

Radical Equipment:
"Hockey Stick/Golf Club" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) (3)
"Baseball Bat" Strength-Damage +2 (2)

Tubular Powers:
"BREAK Something!" Weaken Toughness 4 (Flaws: Affects Objects Only, Requires Sports Equipment) [1]

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Sports Equipment +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 10), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Bummer Complications:
Obsession (Punishing Lawbreakers)- Casey is devoted to cleaning up his "fair city" from vicious "SCUZZ-buckets" and other lawbreakers. This consists of violently-assaulting anyone who engages in any sort of crime- from kidnapping to jaywalking.
Obsession ("When do I get to BREAK something?")- Casey is afflicted with a near-constant desire to "break something". He claims that resisting this urge will give him an ulcer.
Reputation (Crazy)- Even the Turtles, vigilantes themselves, consider Casey to be a dangerous lunatic.
Temper- Casey tends to run headlong into battle against any kind of odds. Twice, he's gone against all four Turtles at once, and he once tried to grapple Chrome Dome by himself. Despite that, he stills sees himself as "a mild-mannered public-minded citizen".

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 13 (109)

-Hahhahaahahah OH MY GOD YOU GUYS- Casey Jones is the greatest character EVER. While the Movie version is amazing ("I hate punkers..."), the 2003 Cartoon's version is good, and I even enjoy the antics of the goofy teenage Nickelodeon Casey, my heart truly belongs to the psychopathic, ultra-violent, pastel-wearing ass-kicker of the cartoon. Appearing in a mere five episodes, most of which I never even saw, I was nonetheless completely entranced. This was no smart-ass looking at the camera and cracking wise; no Team Comic or Team Smart Guy. Casey was simply an ax-crazy lunatic who enjoyed hurting people, and actually managed to wear pastel clothing and a belly shirt and make it look bad-ass. I was in love.

-This is actually a very unique character for a kids show when you think about it- there were guys with bad tempers in many an '80s toon (Cravex from Visionaries for instance), but a vigilante who was like an exaggerated version of the Punisher? Now THAT stood out. And they went WAY into Parody Form with Casey right away- to start, Pat Fraley gave him an imitation of Clint Eastwood's whispery voice. He called everyone "SCUZZ-BUCKET" or "LAW-BREAKER" like they were vulgar slurs. His first response to EVERYTHING was to attack at full-force, with weapons drawn. He used sports equipment to beat up criminals, and constantly voiced his desire to "BREAK something!" And he NEVER TOOK OFF HIS MASK. There was no humanizing THIS guy- he was just entirely the costume- nothing more.

-Casey, naturally, mistakes the Turtles for criminals and attacks the entire group all at once. Even after making nice, he's IMMEDIATELY ready to attack them again in his second appearance (they were luring him out so that he could infiltrate "Octopus, Inc." for them). This episode, the fantastic Corporate Raiders From Dimension X, exemplifies everything that is amazing about Casey. He attacks the Turtles for "desecrating a children's playground", but then begins tearing the playground equipment out from the ground, and THROWING IT at them. When the Turtles finally calm him down (by using sufficient violence), he goes in for a job interview... dressed in a nice business suit, but STILL CARRYING HIS BAG AND WEARING HIS HOCKEY MASK. He just walks to the front desk and hisses out "I'm seeking EMPLOYMENT!" And during his job interview, he responds to the opening questions by smashing the recruiter's desk with his baseball bat! Once this act of psychopathy bags him the job, he assaults his supervisor the second he's questioned, earning him a PROMOTION (since it's an evil company). After this, his use to the plot kind of vanishes and he's just there with the rest of the group- his remaining dialogue is a beautiful crescendo of pleas to commit more acts of violence, on the living and inanimate alike.

-He follows this up with a similar episode, infiltrating a gym full of Evil Gym-Bunnies, puncuating the affair by repeatedly harrassing a harmless-looking man for vicious crimes like jaywalking (he walked across an empty street at night) and littering (dropping a single cup)- by which I mean he whips out his BASEBALL BAT and begins chasing the man with intent to do violence. He's later seen briefly in episodes where the Turtles gather some human allies to face off against a gathering of their older Rogues (Casey goes up against the giant Chrome Dome armed only with his trademark sports gear), and one final time to help April get some machine to help out the Turtles.

-But yeah, my friends and I all thought he was the coolest character ever. My Halloween costume one year was naturally Casey Jones, and I was jealous of my Vietnamese friend because his darker skin made HIS "Casey" outfit look more natural (though really, the character's quite pale- I guess he was more similar to the toy's color scheme). I was obsessed with the guy, and was happier than hell to see him in the MOVIE, especially as a character with a lot of lines, and a pair of great victories (over Raphael and Tatsu). The second movie's lack of Casey was a major down-point, made up for in part because of the dope rhymes of Vanilla Ice.

-Casey at PL 9? One higher than the Turtles? YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT HE IS!!! Okay, so Casey only scraps with them twice... but both times he manages to hold off nearly the entire group, and since they're all PL 8s, if they were on an even keel, they'd wipe him out quickly. The first time, he was basically wading through the whole group, tossing them around; and the second, Raphael had to Sneak Attack him and pin him to a wall to settle him down. In a later episode, he manages to draw with Shredder in a SWORD-FIGHT (yes, he pulls a sword out of his golf bag). He has limited interpersonal skills (okay, they're only focused towards scaring scuzz-buckets), but he's very, VERY good at beating people senseless. And breaking stuff.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Slash! Splinter! Triceratons! Man Ray!)

Post by Ares »

80s Toon Casy Jones was clearly channeling some serious Dirty Harry vibes with the voice and terminology.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Ares wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:27 am 80s Toon Casy Jones was clearly channeling some serious Dirty Harry vibes with the voice and terminology.
He even straight up copies the famous Dirty Harry quote in one episode I saw.
Shock

Post by Shock »

KorokoMystia wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:41 am
Ares wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:27 am 80s Toon Casy Jones was clearly channeling some serious Dirty Harry vibes with the voice and terminology.
In his defense, every self-styled badass was quoting Dirty Harry in the late 80s.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Shock wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:09 am
KorokoMystia wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:41 am
In his defense, every self-styled badass was quoting Dirty Harry in the late 80s.
This is true. Even Wolverine did it in the 90s X-Men cartoon.
Jabroniville

Casey Jones (2003)

Post by Jabroniville »

CASEY JONES (Arnold Casey Jones, Jr.)- Mirage/2003 Version
Created By:
Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird
First Appearance: Raphael #1 (1985)
Role: Human Buddy, Crazed Vigilante
Group Affiliations: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (ally)
PL 8 (92)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+6)
Close Combat (Sports Equipment) 3 (+11)
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Hockey Player) 3 (+7)- Uses Agility
Expertise (Streetwise) 6 (+6)
Insight 2 (+2)
Intimidation 7 (+7)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+7)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 4 (+4) -- Flaws: Limited to Ground Vehicles

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attractive, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment 2 (Sports Equipment), Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless, Improved Critical (Sports Equipment) 3, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown

Equipment:
"Hockey Stick" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Trip, Reach) (4)
"Cricket Bat" Strength-Damage +2 (2)
"Golf Club" Strength-Damage +2 (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Sports Equipment +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)- Casey is sick of hoods in his 'hood, and so he breaks the law willingly, and chases down this punks and kicks their asses in with his makeshift weaponry.
Relationship (The Turtles)- Casey is at first a rival of Raphael, but he comes to see the good the Turtles do, and teams up with them.
Relationship (April O'Neil)- Casey is a bit of a lunkhead, but adores his smart girlfriend, and later puts a ring on it.
Enemy (Hun)- Hun leads the Purple Dragons, who burned down Arnold Jones's shop years ago, and it's implied killed him for going to the police.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 16 (96)

-The biggest use of Casey Jones in TMNT's history was the 2003 cartoon, which used him as a major recurring character. They kept up his early adversarial relationship, and later friendship, with Raphael, and hooked him up with April as well. It's believed that his father was murdered by Hun for going to the police over the Purple Dragon's protection racket, and so Casey was an obsessive vigilante in dealing with them. This version marries April and has a largely stable relationship compared to other versions- their grandson Cody Jones is seen in the Fast Forward seasons piloting a mech suit with Casey's hockey mask design for a head.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Triceratons! Zach! Man Ray! Merdude! Casey Jones!)

Post by Ares »

Like I said, 2003 Casey and April have the best relationship of the pair throughout the franchise. Anyone who wants to can fight me on it.

Edit: Proof:

https://youtu.be/CVN__TDC_D4?t=3090

https://youtu.be/CVN__TDC_D4?t=3556

https://youtu.be/CVN__TDC_D4?t=3805
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Casey Jones (Nickelodeon)

Post by Jabroniville »

CASEY JONES (Arnold Casey Jones, Jr.)- Nickelodeon Version
Created By:
Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird
First Appearance: Raphael #1 (1985)
Role: Dumb Kid
Group Affiliations: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (ally)
PL 7 (68)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+6)
Close Combat (Sports Equipment) 1 (+10)
Deception 2 (+1)
Expertise (Hockey Player) 3 (+7)- Uses Agility
Intimidation 6 (+5)
Perception 5 (+5)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment 2 (Sports Equipment), Improved Critical (Sports Equipment), Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Takedown

Equipment:
"Hockey Stick" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Trip, Reach) (4)
"Cricket Bat" Strength-Damage +2 (2)
"Golf Club" Strength-Damage +2 (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sports Equipment +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)- Casey is sick of hoods in his 'hood, and so he breaks the law willingly, and chases down this punks and kicks their asses in with his makeshift weaponry.
Relationship (The Turtles)- Casey is at first a rival of Raphael, but he comes to see the good the Turtles do, and teams up with them.
Relationship (April O'Neil)- Casey is a bit of a lunkhead, but adores his smart girlfriend, and later puts a ring on it.
Enemy (Hun)- Hun leads the Purple Dragons, who burned down Arnold Jones's shop years ago, and it's implied killed him for going to the police.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (68)

-This Casey is the dumbest, weirdest version of him ever, yet I still kinda love it. He's just this admirably bizarre goofball- a classmate of April's, he's a failing student and kind of a general idiot, but when April & the Turtles are in danger, this hockey enthusiast puts on his punk-rock Do-It-Yourself gear and flies in with a "Goongala Goongala!" and wrecks house on Foot Ninjabots all the same. He ends up being kind of a butt-monkey and never given TOO much respect, but he's a loyal ally to the Turtles (many are adversarial to him at first, especially Donatello, who's jealous that Casey hangs out with April, but they all eventually consider him a friend), and he even survives into the "Flying Around Space" season!

-This Casey is a minor-league PL 7 Human Buddy character- less effective than our four brothers, but more than the average person.
Jabroniville

Rex-1

Post by Jabroniville »

REX-1 (Robot Enforcement Experiment)
Role:
Show-Only Character, Recurring Ally
Played By: Jack Angel
Group Affiliations: The NYPD
PL 9 (138)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE 0

Bodacious Skills:
Athletics 4 (+11)
Expertise (Police Officer) 5 (+8)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Investigation 7 (+6)
Perception 8 (+7)
Technology 1 (+4)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Gnarly Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Equipment 3 (Laser Gun), Improved Critical (Guns), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Ranged Attack 9

Radical Equipment:
"Laser Gun" Blast 6 (12)

Tubular Powers:
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 9 [9]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"Mimic Skills on Tape" Variable 2 (Skills & Feats) (Flaws: Limited to Abilities Shown on Tape Inserted Into His Body) [12]

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Laser Gun +12 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +8

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +9, Fortitude --, Will +5

Bummer Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Scale Tail is an evil bounty hunter.
Prejudice (Freak)

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 52 / Defenses: 13 (138)

-A two-shot character in the cartoon was Rex-1, a robotic police officer. This being the era of Robocop, you can imagine it was QUITE trendy to have guys like him around- he was powerful and competent, but dangerous thanks to the fact that you can reprogram him. He was built to keep some of the pressure off the regular NYPD, but was only loyal to the operator of his remote control. As this was at first April O'Neil (who was being snoopy and ended up activating him), this was okay, and he was able to save the day against an army of Evil REXes created by Shredder (who'd stolen his blueprints and mass-produced copies)... through the magic of breakdancing. Placed back in storage, he was reactivated by April & Leonardo to stop a rogue robot named LEX, who sought to enslave the city in a totalitarian state. I actually remember Rex a LOT, probably through endless repetition of his debut episode. Curiously, he never showed up in any other incarnation of the series aside from as a mini-boss in a Game Boy game- they didn't even make a TOY off of this character!
Jabroniville

Walkabout

Post by Jabroniville »

Just a hop, skip and a jump away from the sewers is another land down under – a place called Australia. It’s outback country, mostly. And there’s not much to do there besides hunting crocodiles and talkin’ a gutful to ratbags and deadheads. That’s why Walkabout took for the States like a possum up a gum tree. He heard all about the Turtles havin’ to do the lolly to make sure the city stays fair dinkum from the Foot Clan. To make himself feel at home, Walkabout became a swagman and lived down under – in the sewers, that is. That’s how he made mates of the Turtle Teens. Together, they chuck a willy against Shredder and his motley goons. And when the boomerang’s hung up for the day, the greenies and Walkabout kick back and enjoy "pizza on the barbie."

WALKABOUT
Role:
Mutant Kangaroo, Crocodile Hunter, Aussie Stereotype
Played By: N/A
PL 8 (122)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Bodacious Skills:
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+11)
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Great Tawny Hunter) 10 (+11)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Boomerang) 2 (+12)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Gnarly Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Elephant Gun, Boomerang), Improved Critical (Boomerang), Favored Enemy (Crocodilians), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Sidekick 12 (Kid Kangie)

Radical Equipment:
"Eliminating Elephant Gun" Blast 8 (Inaccurate -1) (15)
"Bring 'em Back Boomerang" Blast 4 (Feats: Ricochet 2, Homing) (11)

Tubular Powers:
"Mutant Dingo"
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [5]
"Aussie Stereotype" Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- The Outback) [2]

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Boomerang +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Elephant Gun +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +10

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Bummer Complications:
Disabled (One Eye)
Prejudice (Monster)

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 26 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 14 (122)

-Just when you think they'd topped out on the obvious stereotype by having the guy named "Walkabout" be a kangaroo, it turns out he's also a CROCODILE HUNTER. And this is in like 1991, remember. So Walkabout is a pal of the Turtles, and intends to "chuck a willy" against the Shredder (I hear that was illegal in Australia until the eighties!). Not the greatest toy, but he's colorful, has a mean face, and some solid weaponry. As he's Toy-Only, there's not much to him, so I made him a full hunter archetype (he's got an Elephant Gun, after all).

KID KANGIE
Role:
Monochromatic Sidekick
PL 4 (58)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Bodacious Skills:
Athletics 8 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Perception 2 (+2)

Gnarly Advantages:
Close Attack 3, Equipment 1 (Staff)

Radical Equipment:
"Bo Staff" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach) (2)

Tubular Powers:
"Mutant Kangaroo"
"Aussie Stereotype" Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- The Outback) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Small Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (3 feet) [9]
(-1 Strength, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation)

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +5 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Staff +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +4

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +4

Bummer Complications:
Relationship (Walkabout)- Presumably they're friends. He's not mentioned in Walkabout's bio, however.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 4 (58)

-A handful of TMNT toys came with "Sidekicks". These characters were identical in color to the accessories, as they were all poured at the same time. This means that they're rather monochromatic compared to other characters. Kid Kangie here is a tiny Kangaroo wielding a bo staff.
Jabroniville

Hothead

Post by Jabroniville »

While battlin' a blaze, a fireman in Old Town broke an enchanted dragon-shaped flask. Suddenly, a mystical cloud covered the sky and the fireman disappeared. Out of the scorchin' heat arose the super-Samurai spirit of a dragon-genie. Known as Hothead to his Turtle friends because of his blazin' breath and quick temper, this scaly-skinned Samurai serpent can put out any fire, except his own. His fiery features include the classic, long lethal Samurai sword. And Hothead's no defenseless dragon with his dim sum staff and pagoda helmet. The Foot Clan better watch out - Hothead's got a hankerin' for barbecued Shredder-kebab!

HOTHEAD (Chu Hsi)
Role:
Giant Dragon
Group Affiliations: The New York Fire Department
PL 8 (146)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Bodacious Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Expertise (Firefighter) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 7 (+9)
Perception 3 (+5)

Gnarly Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Sword, etc.), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Fast Grab, Power Attack, Startle

Radical Equipment:
"Long Lethal Samurai Sword" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical, Penetrating 5) (8)
"Dim Sum Staff" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach) (2)
"Ninja Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)

Tubular Powers:
"Long Neck" Reach 2 [2]
"Dragon's Breath" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) [16]

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Knife & Staff +6 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Sword +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Bummer Complications:
Prejudice (Freak)

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 10 (146)

-Hothead was a 1992 toy release who never showed up in the cartoon, but shows up in the Archie Comics as a GIGANTIC yellow dragon, as opposed to the red one seen in the toys. There, he's actually a love interest for April O'Neil, making him the only non-Casey Jones character to be so, and one of very few Asian male love interests for a white woman in comics (or just about anywhere, really). The only other appearance of the character is in the bizarre NES version of TMNT: Tournament Fighters, where he is such a massive sprite he gives the game slowdown (a fighting game for the NES, mind you), and can't be put into a vs. battle against himself without a cheat code. His original toy now goes for a fair bit on the secondary market- not Scratch/Hot Spot numbers but $80 owing to being a 1992 release with good size and a lot of detail, I think.

-A massive "Demodragon" named Kavaxas is nicknamed "Hot Head" by Michelangelo and serves as the Big Bad of the fifth season of the 2012 Nick Toon series. Kavaxas is summoned by Tiger Claw to resurrect Shredder, but he manipulates the undead villain and tries to take over the world himself- Shredder now hoping to redeem himself in death, willingly helps bring Kavaxas back to the netherworld.

-The toy version is more of a standard-issue guy (though apparently is 30 feet long with his neck fully-extended- whether or not this makes him actually Large to Huge-sized is beyond me, but I'll just leave him as-is for now).
Jabroniville

Sandstorm

Post by Jabroniville »

This magic Mutant can go for days without water, but would only last a few minutes without a good fight. He's Sandstorm and he's ready for action. Loaded down with his wonderful weapons, like the swami slicin' sword and magic lamp pistol, this crazy carvin' camel is a cut above the rest. He's a sewer sultan and desert dude who's quick at the hip with lightnin' fast twists and turns. No Foot fightin' fools stand a chance.

SANDSTORM
Role:
Half-Assed Character, Mutant Camel
PL 7 (85)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Bodacious Skills:
Athletics 3 (+7)
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+9)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 2 (+5)

Gnarly Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Sword, Pistol), Ranged Attack 7, Startle, Tracking

Radical Equipment:
"Swami-Slicin' Sword" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Penetrating 5) (9)
"Magic Lamp Pistol" Blast 5 (10)

Tubular Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Acute Scent, Low-Light Vision) [2]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Deserts) [2]
"Desert Animals" Immunity 2 (Thirst, Heat) (Flaws: Limited to Half Effect) [1]
"Camel Spit" Dazzle Visuals 1 [2]

Righteous Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Sword +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Gun +9 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Awesome Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Bummer Complications:
Motivation (Fighting)
Prejudice (Freak)

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 12 (85)

-Another half-assed "Let's just add an animal to a stereotype and call it a day" design, Sandstorm came late in the game, and is a generic "Middle Eastern Desert-Dweller" type of guy. I went with PL 7 because hey- he didn't even show up in the show or any video games. You don't get ANY kind of a push, I don't give you good stats, alright?
Skavenger

Post by Skavenger »

I- ... I had a lengthy post ready to go in my head, and then I scrolled through and saw April from behind.

Please allow me to regain my thoughts.

Okay. So, having just spent last week in Hawaii, I actually did one of those manta ray swims. We had heard for days that groups had seen "over a dozen" of them in the area, so my father and I bought the tickets and attended. Only one showed up, however, after a 25 minute ride out to the area by boat, and only in the last ten minutes of the time we spent floating in the water looking down.

And you know what? IT WAS SO AWESOME. Those things are majestically huge, swim like they're flying through water, and have such control over their motion that she (the guide apparently knew this one by the spots) never touched us once while doing circular flips to get plankton, but came within inches of our bodies. We could have just reached out to touch her, but didn't because we were told there was a mucus membrane that we could damage that keeps them safe from infection from the ocean.

But yeah, if you ever want to believe one of these things would truly beat the tar out of anything in the ocean if a mutated version (human or otherwise) occurred, yeah. Whales and sharks are things our brains can process, they're shaped like fish, but a manta ray, silently gliding into view with a wingspan that can be up to 30 feet and weighing more than two tons? Even when you're looking at it, the brain doesn't really comprehend how it's moving so gracefully underwater because we're just so unfamiliar with the environment.

That being said, Man Ray (I hated his other name, though it occurs to me "Ray-Man" was probably available, I don't think Ubisoft had made the video game series yet, but it doesn't have the same pun factor) was my favorite by far of the mutanimals. He wasn't the official "strong one" but did so well in his appearances I figured he was like Ben Grimm vs. The Hulk. "Not the strongest" but strong enough for the other 99% of problems that came his way.

As for mutant hybrids that aren't linked to human AND animal together, there- hmm. ...closest things I can think of are Pizza Face (who the wiki says is a "mutant pizza" so god knows what it touched), Snakeweed was a plant, but there were two mutant fusions of Bopsteady (a fusion of Bebop and Rocksteady that's just as horrifying as you'd imagine) and Creepweed, a fusion of "Son of Snakeweed" and Creep, though I still don't know if Creep was ever actually human or if he was just a mound of stuff that looked human.

A quick scan of Wikipedia reminds me there was Speed Demon (a mutant car that possessed people) and when it exploded, the mutagen from it made a chimera between three animals. But yeah, you'd think there'd be a lot of artists who'd love to get the job "make enemies for the turtles to fight" and would just spend all day throwing darts at pictures of animals to see who can make the freakiest combinations.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Those artists would probably have more fun rolling on the mutated animal table in the TMNT & Other Strangeness RPG, it'd be about the same effect.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!