Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Elena

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jabroniville wrote: Motivation (World Travel)- A happy young girl, Elena merely wants to see the world. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.
I choked on my drink.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sakura! Karin! R.Mika! The Dolls! Alex!)

Post by Spectrum »

This will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.

is such an awesome tagline for this series.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Ken

Re: Elena

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote:Sorry, was temporarily distracted by the sexy. Elena's a weird, quirky character introduced in the SF III series, an African princess who uses the Brazilian art of Capoeria... She doesn't look very "black", of course- except for the skin, she's your typical Generic Anime Girl face, white hair and all.
Honestly, not knowing the character, I saw a tanned blue-eyed blonde. The blue eyes and platinum blonde (i.e. white) hair make he look as if at least one of her parents had to be a European-African (probably descended from British colonists). Assuming her skin is supposed to be light brown, rather than tanned "white", I would assume her to be mixed race.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
HalloweenJack

Re: Alex

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote:[

-Alex's design includes a lot of Pro Wrestling implements, though he's not based off of any one particular person. Visually he looks most like the 'roided-up Mike Awesome, who wrestled for Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling as "Gladiator", wore facepaint under his eyes, and used a Jumping Powerbomb as a finisher (well, almost ALL of his moves were Powerbombs, but it was still technically a finisher).

I BELIEVE they're known as AWESOME BOMBS....thank you
scc

Post by scc »

I was never that good at Street Fighter but for some reason all these posts makes me want to try it again. Mainly that R. Mika post ;)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

scc wrote:I was never that good at Street Fighter but for some reason all these posts makes me want to try it again. Mainly that R. Mika post ;)
Never played any of the SF games honestly, but after seeing them builds, think I'd like to.
------------
Jabroniville

Dudley

Post by Jabroniville »

"Let's fight like gentlemen!"

DUDLEY (aka "Sir Dudlington")
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Street Fighter III (1997)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter III- All Games, Super & Ultra Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter X Tekken
Home Country: England
Role: The Gentleman, The Boxer, Rich Boy, Over-Specialized Guy (only uses Punches)
Vague Martial Art Basis: Boxing
PL 9 (130)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 6 (+14)
Expertise (Business) 5 (+7)
Expertise (Gardening) 2 (+4)
Expertise (Boxing) 6 (+8)
Insight 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+6)
Vehicles 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Benefit 2 (Wealth), Benefit (Feints with Close Combat Skill), Defensive Attack, Evasion, Improved Critical (Jet Uppercut) 2, Improved Initiative

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Boxing Punches" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Special Moves"
"Cross Counter" Punch Aura 6 (Flaws: Limited to As a Response to Physical Blows -2) (Quirks: Semi-Proportionate to Damage Suffered -1) (11) -- [14]
  • AE: "Jet Upper" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Ducking Upper" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) & Enhanced Dodge 2 (3)
  • AE: "Machine Gun Blow" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliction 4 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (6)
Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Jet Upper/Ducking Upper +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Machine Gun Blow +14 (+4 Damage & Affliction, DC 19 & 14)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (+13 Ducking Upper, DC 21-23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications: 
Motivation (Car, Flowers)- Dudley is searching for his father's specially-modified Jaguar in SF III, and new types of roses for his garden in SF IV. These will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.
Weakness (Over-Specialized)- Dudley, as a boxer, is not trained in kicks, and cannot throw them effectively. If his hands are bound, he will be highly limited in his attacks.
Weakness (Predictability)- Dudley, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 9 + 12 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 20 (130)

-Dudley was basically a new version of Balrog as the "Boxer" character archetype, but Capcom really worked hard to make him different. He's an English gentleman out for "sissy" pursuits like Gardening, fights fair, and works on speedy combos, feints and jabs rather than blazing uppercuts. Plus, he uses a DEMPSEY ROLL as a finisher in SF IV- it's a riff on the anime that I go on about on here from time to time, Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit over here), a FANTASTIC Shonen anime involving a young boxing prodigy who makes his way through the Featherweight class. His "big finish" move eventually becomes the Dempsey Roll, a move created by Jack Dempsey, utilizing quick side-to-side movements for his punches. In fact, OTHER moves of Dudley's moves are inspired by characters in the anime, too- his Corkscrew Blow Super Art is Date Eiji's "Heartbreak Shot", the Machine Gun Blow is Ryo Mashiba's "Flicker Jab". And man, I HATE Shonen anime with the passion of a thousand blazing suns, and I'm telling you this Shonen anime kicks ass.

-Dudley's overall character is that of an English gentleman from a wealthy family (despite being black), who was forced to take up boxing in order to earn money for himself after his father lost the family fortune. He came off as haughty and condescending at first, but eventually took up a more chivalrous role in the final SF III game. And he has quite possibly the stupidest "Reason For Fighting" in the entirety of the SF canon- he's out to find the Final Boss Gill... because Gill took his father's CAR. Truth be told, I always hated his design- he's just a bit too boring and plain compared to other characters, in addition to looking a bit too silly (wearing a tightly-coiffed old-timey mustache and carrying around roses). It's just such a bizarre mash of design implements, without anything really popping up as "stand-outish".

-Dudley does, however, remind me of my favorite compliment I've received from any of my threads- someone said that it was cool how I'd statted up Balrog & Dudley- two hand-to-hand fighters with the exact same martial arts basis, at the same Power Level, and still managed to differentiate them so they became entirely different fighters :).

-Fighting Style: Dudley fights much unlike Balrog, despite their similar styles and over-focusing on punches. He utilizes a great number of jabs as well as power punches, and does lightning-fast combos rather than Balrog's trademark "Flying out with a huge all-or-nothing punch". He uses his Close Combat to Feint- which he does a LOT of (he's very specialized in that regard). The Jet Upper is a standard punch (more like a Dragon Punch, really), the Ducking Upper is designed for speed (and can duck under some Projectiles), the Machine Gun blow is a standard "hits a lot" move, and the Cross Counter is unique- Dudley essentially sticks his chin out, daring the opponent to attack him. If they do, he immediately lashes back with an unblockable counter-punch, which does damage somewhat proportionate to what hit him. This is essentially impossible to TRULY replicate in M&M stats, but it's probably easiest to do like an Aura with some Limits (he cannot use it offensively, and can ONLY counter; he also may not use it against Throws/Grapples or anything at range).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Dudley

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jabroniville wrote: Image

"Let's fight like gentlemen!"

DUDLEY (aka "Sir Dudlington")

Looks almost like a black Alex Louis Armstrong, that prefers to wear shirts...
------------
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Freddie Mercury is an something of iconic figure in Japanese gay pop culture as a symbol of hyper masculinity. In sort of the same way that Marlon Brando's outlaw biker from The Wild Bunch is in American gay culture.

Characters like Dudley and Armstrong seem, to my untrained eye anyway, to be a riff on both Freddie Mercury's iconic hyper masculinity and the more obvious super-bodybuilding physique.

BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Batgirl III wrote:Characters like Dudley and Armstrong seem, to my untrained eye anyway, to be a riff on both Freddie Mercury's iconic hyper masculinity and the more obvious super-bodybuilding physique.
I suppose I could see that.

Cromartie High is a great anime, by the way. CH builds anyone? ;P
------------
Jabroniville

Oro

Post by Jabroniville »

ORO
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Street Fighter III (1997)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter III- All Games, Street Fighter V
Home Country: Japan (lives in Brazil)
Role: Mary Sue, The Old Hermit
Vague Martial Art Basis: Senjutsu
PL 10 (171)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 7 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 7 (+16)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 14 (+16)
Expertise (Hermit) 8 (+10)
Perception 10 (+14)
Ranged Combat (Ki Blast) 4 (+12)
Stealth 7 (+12)
Treatment 6 (+10)

Advantages:
Assessment, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion, Fearless, Follow-Up Strike, Grab Finesse, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Special Moves) 2, Improved Critical (Nichirin Sho), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Luck, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown (total 2), Tracking, Ultimate Martial Arts Skill

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Power Punch" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Ki Mastery" Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) [3]
"Detect Ki" Senses 3 (Detect Ki- Ranged, Acute) [3]

"Special Moves"
Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]
"Tengu-Stone" Aura 4 (Flaws: Tiring, Limited to 3 Rounds) (8) -- [12]
  • AE: "Nichirin Sho" Blast 5 (Reduced Defenses 1, Diminished Range -1) (7)
  • AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 4 (8)
  • AE: "Niou Riki- Twin Kings' Strength" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 if Opponent Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Oni Yanma- Leaping Elbow" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Blast +12 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +11

Complications:
Motivation (Finding a Successor)- Oro is now looking for a new person to train in his style, after years of living like a hermit. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!% out of people.
Responsibility (Man Out of Time)- An old, weird-looking pervert, Oro is unmistakeable and doesn't "get" a lot of modern society, and this will make all social situations more difficult.
Weakness (Predictability)- Oro, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 68--34 / Advantages: 26 + 14 / Powers: 19 / Defenses: 25 (171)

-Oro... God how I hate this character. He's like a perfect microcosm of everything I dislike about later Street Fighter characters and designs. He's introduced as basically a Mary Sue guy whose Martial Arts skill is SOOOOOOOOO great that he has to tie up one of his arms just to avoid killing everyone and give them a chance. He's even said to be greater than Ryu, and equivalent to Akuma! Not to mention the fact that he's full of asinine humour and "bwah-hah- he has SNOT coming out of his nose!" types of dumb gags that suit a children's game more than something featuring the mighty World Warriors. And then there's his appearance- just some yellow-ish, weedy, short, shriveled old man (a caricature of the late head of the famous Gracie Jiu-Jitsu family) in a weak tattered outfit. This guy just SUCKS.

-He does not appear to have been overly-popular either, as while you can find Alex, Yun, Yang, Ibuki, Elena & Dudley in other games... Oro sat unused ever since SF III... but then randomly appeared in the tail end of Street Fighter V's existence, where it turns out he's had dealings with Akuma (they refused to continue the fight, sensing a mutual kill), Dhalsim and others. These are his only interactions with the "established" SF characters.

-Fighting Style: Oro is kind of a mix of his in-game self and his in-canon self. He's SUPPOSED to be the greatest of all fighters, comparable to Akuma himself, but in the games he's just another guy. Therefore, I made him a powerful PL 10 character all-around, with more Advantages than your average World Warrior (he's much more expensive than Ken or Ryu), a decent Blast (like most "Hold-Back" projectiles, it isn't Distracting), and other good stuff. He utilizes a lot of accuracy-modifying Attack Advantages, especially Power & Accurate Attack, showcasing his eternal mastery of the martial arts. His Super Arts include your standard Multiattack stuff, plus a "Tengu-Stone" move that summons three Telekinetically-controlled objects that can whip around like an Aura for a few rounds, causing extra damage. Going with a more in-canon format, you could amp Oro up to a PL 11, but I hate him so much that I refuse :).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Psistrike

Re: Jab's Builds! (R.Mika! SF III- Alex! Elena! Dudley! Oro!)

Post by Psistrike »

Didn't like Oro's look but I always thought he lost his left arm which was why he had his gi top tied like that. Guess I was wrong, now he is just annoying.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Be entranced by the animated gif of Elena's Fighting Stance.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

Be entranced by the animated gif of Elena's Fighting Stance.
I'm reminded of the idle animations from Jetset Radio characters, she just looks like she's grooving, not about to kick someone's ass. Suppose that's the beauty of it, eh?
------------
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Ares wrote:Likewise, no outright sex or nudity, but fanservice images aren't immediately objectionable so long as it's limited to a few per page. If a thread becomes nothing but fanservice, then it'll probably get closed down.
Oh no! How will Jab survive?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.