Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Friedrich Von Roehm

Post by Jabroniville »

FRIEDRICH VON ROEHM
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Bill Sienkiewicz
First Appearance: The New Mutants #22 (Dec. 1984)
Role: Werewolf
Group Affiliations: The Hellfire Club
PL 7 (85)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Jeweler) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 6 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit 2 (Wealth), Fast Grab, Improved Trip, Startle

Powers:
"Lycanthropy"
"Animal Senses" Senses 6 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [6]
"Animal Physiology" Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Power & Greed)
Responsibility (Selene)- As Selene's High Priest, Von Roehm is absolutely-loyal and worshipful of his mistress.
Responsibility (Bloodlust)- While his transformation is active, Von Roehm is uncontrollable.
Normal Identity)- Friedirch is ST 0, STA 0, AGI 0 in his human form.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 9 (85)

-Von Roehm is a Werewolf and the High Priest of Selene, and is the Black Rook of the Hellfire Club's New York branch. He sponsors Selene for membership as the new Black Queen, but she later sets off his hereditary lycanthropy to send him after Rachel Summers. Von Roehm refuses the proposal of an alliance between the Club & X-Men against the Mutant-hunting future-bot Nimrod- he attempts to attack the X-Men, but is vaporized by Nimrod like an absolute moron.

-Fairly-strong and a good tracker, but basically an idiot, Von Roehm wasn't anything a basic superhero couldn't handle.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Hellfire Club! Sebastian Shaw! Donald Pierce! Selene!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Funny the stark contrast between Leland and Von Roehm's deaths in the very same issue. Leland was a coward, but despite that, he fought on even while dying, clinging to life as long as he could to secure the victory. Meanwhile, despite the obviously greater threat, Von Roehm attacks Storm and gets disintergrated instantly by Nimrod like an idiot.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

So here's my old White Queen build, still pretty relevant (I don't feel like updating these every few years): https://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/v ... 839#p12839
Jabroniville

Cordelia Frost

Post by Jabroniville »

CORDELIA FROST
Created By:
Scott Lobdell & Chris Bachalo
First Appearance: Generation-X #3 (Jan. 1995)
Role: Suddenly-Introduced Sibling, Empath
PL 10 (141)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+5)
Deception 3 (+5, +7 Attractive)
Expertise (Business) 2 (+6)
Insight 5 (+7)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 3 (+5, +7 Attractive)
Stealth 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Attractive, Benefit 2 (Wealth), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: The Professor X of Empaths"

"Far-Reaching Empathic Might" Affliction 4 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled Emotions) (Extras: Sustained +2, Area- 30-mile Burst +13) (64) -- [68]
  • AE: "Mind-Possessing Personalities" Mind Control 6 (Extras: Progressive +2) (36)
  • AE: "Convince of Blindness" Dazzle Visuals 10 (Extras: Perception Range) (30)
  • AE: "Fix Memories" Affliction 10 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Transformed Memories) (Extras: Perception Range +2, Cumulative) (Flaws: Distracting) (30)
  • AE: "Psionic Blast" Blast 8 (Extras: Perception Range, Alternate Save- Will) (36)
Immunity 1 (Emma Frost's Telepathy) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Wide Empathy +4 Area (+4 Affliction, DC 14)
Possession +6 Perception (+6 Perception Affliction, DC 16)
Dazzle/Fix Memories +10 Perception (+10 Perception Affliction, DC 20)
Psionic Blast +8 Perception (+8 Perception Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2, Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Herself)- Like the other Frosts, Cordelia is in it for herself. Money, power, what have you.
Enemy (Emma Frost)- Cordelia dislikes Emma greatly.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 69 / Defenses: 17 (141)

-I have mixed feelings about a lot of "Suddenly Introduced Family Members" in comics. It is a VERY cheap writer's ploy to suddenly do the "oh hey you guys- you know that sibling I've never referred to in my entire life up until now? Well come meet them!" It's a sign of true lazy writing when done on characters who we SHOULD know more about- Black Lightning suddenly gaining two daughters out of nowhere, Sunfire revealing a sister with identical powers, etc.- these are idiotic, continuity-stretching events that make it clear lazy writers just wanted to do a sibling story and didn't care how they got it. But on Emma Frost it wasn't SO bad, since she was a Villainess until the mid-1990s, and had no reason to reveal her family history until Generation-X came out (like... she was basically INTRODUCED as a lingerie model in a cape who was evil. No more information was needed. Or required.). So while Lobdell the Hack tends to love introducing new siblings, I'll forgive him on this one.

-Cordelia revealed herself to manipulate Generation-X by introducing Mondo to the team as a "mole"- she had been saved by him in the past, but wanting to become the new White Queen of the Hellfire Club, she kidnapped him and tried to give him to Shinobi Shaw, the current leader. Shaw wasn't impressed, and sent the boy away- she went to Gen-X & Emma to get him back, but when the truth came out, Mondo teamed up with Black Tom Cassidy & Juggernaut to kill her. The Gen-X kids saved Cordelia, but Emma, suspecting the truth behind things, told Cordelia to leave and never return. And she NEVER DID, which is bizarre, since only four years later, ANOTHER sister of Emma's turned up to become a recurring villainess on the same comic, and they even got a BROTHER much later! So like... only Lobdell cared about this one, and the other writers just went "meh" and did their own thing. This creates the bizarre situation of Emma Frost now being one of four children, most of whom were introduced decades after she was.

-Cordelia is no major fighter, but Emma has described her as "The Professor X of Empaths", being able to control the emotions of an entire CITY. However, Wikipedia says her powers have low-impact, so she can't mind control "strong" mutants that well (which makes me wonder about the whole "Professor X" comment). She can also Possess people for long periods of time, which I choose to stat up as the ever-rare Progressive Affliction, meaning the control gets worse on it's own, and she doesn't have to keep up the control. She can also Brainwash people, Psi-Blast them, or convince them that they're blind. She's lacking some power (and really limited to using Mental Attacks), but Progressive Effects can be pretty nasty.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Yeah, I hate that "add-a-family-as-needed-plot" too.

Cordelia looks like a sleeze.

You should know better than to believe Emma Frost. :shock:
Jabroniville

Adrienne Frost

Post by Jabroniville »

ADRIENNE FROST
Created By:
Jay Faerber & Terry Dodson
First Appearance: Generation-X #48 (Feb. 1999)
Role: Suddenly-Introduced Sibling, Manipulative Bitch
PL 5 (100)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 6

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+5)
Deception 5 (+11, +13 Attractive)
Expertise (Business) 10 (+14)
Insight 7 (+11)
Perception 3 (+7)
Persuasion 7 (+13, +15 Attractive)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Attractive, Benefit 3 (Wealth), Daze (Persuasion), Fascinate (Persuasion), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Psychometry"
Senses 8 (Precognition, Postcognition) (Flaws: Limited to Touched Objects' History) [4]
Enhanced Skills 8: Perception 8 (+15) (Flaws: Limited to Psychometry Powers) [2]

Immunity 1 (Emma Frost's Telepathy) [1]

Offense:
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2, Fortitude +5, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Herself)- Like the other Frosts, Adrienne is in it for herself. Money, power, what have you.
Enemy (Emma Frost)- Cordelia dislikes Emma greatly, especially because Emma started gaining their father's favour with her rebellious ways. Adrienne actually hates Emma so much that she tried to drive her insane by murdering all of her students.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 11 (100)

-OK, adding ANOTHER sibling to the Frost Family may be pushing it- like, why not just use Cordelia? Adrienne was smarter and more manipulative than Cordelia, and was the head of Frost Enterprises, much richer than even Emma. She had a unique, cool power (Psychometry- able to "read" the past of any object she touched, and was thus able to hear old conversations and events surrounding them) that wasn't a "Battlefield" one, making her more of an Evil Businesswoman archetype as much as anything. Her hatred for Emma ran DEEP, as Adrienne was once the favoured Frost daughter (their daddy was a DICK), but Emma rebelled a lot, earning daddy's favour eventually. Adrienne was CRAZY, took over the Massachusetts Academy, and wanted to commit murder and mayhem just to screw with Emma's brain. When Gen-X member Synch died containing explosions Adrienne set off, Emma contemplated her actions... and then just shot her sister dead right then and there. Refreshingly, she didn't feel bad about it afterwards- she only regretted not doing it BEFORE she took innocent lives. Synch's teammates eventually discovered Emma's actions, and were horrified- they decided to quit trusting her from then on.

-Adrienne lacks a great deal of power, and is instead a Skill-type character, who manipulates things behind the scenes. Her power is more of a Limited Pre & Postcognition effect that lets her do readings on objects. She uses this power to commit espionage and extortion, via the revelations that certain people's items give about them.
Davies

Post by Davies »

It's particularly bewildering since Cordelia apparently gets bumped off off-stage. If I were sufficiently motivated, I'd come up with some weird theory how the two sisters were actually two sides of the same dissociative personality. I'm not sufficiently motivated.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Christian Frost

Post by Jabroniville »

Christian with a young Emma.

CHRISTIAN FROST
Created By:
Grant Morrison & Phil Jiminez
First Appearance: New X-Men #139 (June 2003)
Role: Suddenly-Introduced Sibling

-WHY IS THERE A FOURTH FROST SIBLING?!?!!? I mean, you can count on Grant Morrison to mess with continuity just to make the stories he wants (this is why Emma suddenly started "talking British"), and there's Phil Jiminez so the new character is a very handsome, stylish male, but it all feels so unnecessary. Christian had cut ties with the Frost family when Winston, the family patriarch, discovered that Christian was gay and demanded he drop his boyfriend. Winston found out and had the boy deported, leaving Christian to fall into drug use to deal with his depression- when Emma (who was his closest confidante) went to Winston for help, the old man pretended to accept his son, then institutionalized him, unbeknownst to Emma. This takes place over a single New X-Men issue, and elaborated upon in the following short-lived Emma Frost series.

-He later returns, the new heir to the Frost business... and he murders Winston for being such an asshole, taking over the family business (Emma's riches were self-made, so she wasn't affected). Emma, investigating the mysterious naming of Christian as heir, discovers her father's dead body and she & Iceman fight Christian. Since the Frost kids cannot affect each other's minds, Emma has Iceman communicate with the near-catatonic Christian, and the two men empathize with one another over homophobic experiences and deal with things. With Jon Hickman's X-Men run, Christian is brought to Krakoa and named the White Bishop of Emma's "Hellfire Trading Company", which services mutants. He & Iceman begin a casual relationship.

-Christian's super-powers developed only in adulthood- he can materialize energy from the Astral Plane and convert it into Blasts or energy-based Illusions strong enough to convince even Emma Frost that one was her father- the blast can damage both the mind and body at once (either Will Damage or a Mental Stun linked to Blast, probably).
Skavenger

Post by Skavenger »

Ah, here we go.

Emma should never, ever, EVER be put in charge of a hero team. She has a worse track record than Luke Cage did in the 90s (back when he couldn’t even manage a Heroes For Hire team, much less an Avengers squad), except she has a higher body count. The fact the X-Men have rolled over so hard for her Face turn without once telling her to once and for all cut the attitude blows my mind (beyond Kitty threatening her). It most shined in that X-Factor issue on Utopia where Cyclops tried to insist to Jamie Madrox “no, no, we’re still good guys! You can still tell the good from the bad by sight!” Then Namor, Magneto, and Emma show up and flat-out prove Scott wrong.

Emma has shown only slightly more remorse for her actions than Selene, and all her evil wasn’t out of a “I was tired of being persecuted” or “humans will always hunt us” motivation. It was out of greed, sadism, and delight in making others suffer. Selene can at least use the “I need to feed to live” excuse as motivation. Emma was just evil for her own enjoyment.

One day someone’s going to remember at Marvel that the X-Men are many things to many people, but they’re still supposed to be heroes, and they’ll write her out. You don’t put Nitro, Malekith, or Shriek on an Avengers team, you shouldn’t have her with them.

...course, that’s just my opinion.
Ian Turner

Post by Ian Turner »

The thing with Adrienne that bugged me is that psychometry *could* be a combat power in one of two ways;

1) Training to encompass the experiences of the past users, could allow the psychometrist to pick up a fencing foil used by the Olympic fencing team for practice bouts, and suddenly this psychic who has never even held a foil before has the skills of a half-dozen Olympic fencers rattling around in her brain, 'remembering' moves far beyond her own skill level as she encounters situations familiar to the past users she's in tune with. Similarly, if she can use her financial resources to get her hands on used military firearms (such as a sniper's rifle from someone who has a bunch of confirmed kills), she could focus her power to draw upon the instincts of a past user, and suddenly be an amazing sniper, as long as she holds the gun of an amazing sniper...

2) A telepath is assumed to automatically be a receptive telepath (able to hear thoughts and read minds) and a projective telepath (able to send thoughts). Ditto Empath, able to sense emotions, and 'send' them.

So why not a 'projecting' psychometrist? "Something awful happened here. Enjoy reliving it." "This knife has stabbed seventeen people. Enjoy feeling the pain of *every single one of them, all at once." "Wow, you had three kids? Relive all three of those, all crammed into the next 60 seconds." It's the last fight of The Crow, all over again. "I have something for you. I don't want it anymore. Thirty hours of pain. All at once. All for you."

Yeah, psychometry *can* be a passive power, but it can also be buffed up to be quite fun.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Skavenger wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:35 am Ah, here we go.

Emma should never, ever, EVER be put in charge of a hero team. She has a worse track record than Luke Cage did in the 90s (back when he couldn’t even manage a Heroes For Hire team, much less an Avengers squad), except she has a higher body count. The fact the X-Men have rolled over so hard for her Face turn without once telling her to once and for all cut the attitude blows my mind (beyond Kitty threatening her). It most shined in that X-Factor issue on Utopia where Cyclops tried to insist to Jamie Madrox “no, no, we’re still good guys! You can still tell the good from the bad by sight!” Then Namor, Magneto, and Emma show up and flat-out prove Scott wrong.

Emma has shown only slightly more remorse for her actions than Selene, and all her evil wasn’t out of a “I was tired of being persecuted” or “humans will always hunt us” motivation. It was out of greed, sadism, and delight in making others suffer. Selene can at least use the “I need to feed to live” excuse as motivation. Emma was just evil for her own enjoyment.

One day someone’s going to remember at Marvel that the X-Men are many things to many people, but they’re still supposed to be heroes, and they’ll write her out. You don’t put Nitro, Malekith, or Shriek on an Avengers team, you shouldn’t have her with them.

...course, that’s just my opinion.
It's a very weird era in the X-Books- Bob Harras was actively ruining them at the time, and the order went out for a new book. At this point, villains had turned hero fairly often and been major focuses at Marvel (just look at Venom's multiple books at the time), so I can imagine they were doing this bit of it just to get Emma- one of the few older villains they were interested in- into a prominent role as one of them. I think around this time Thor had been in an actual relationship with the Enchantress, too, so it was running through much of Marvel at this point.

I didn't read too much Gen-X, but there's a few bits I've seen where X-Force meets them, and a few characters are like "EMMA FROST?! Like... WTF?" given what she's like. A few characters accept her face-turn owing to her shock and sorrow at the Hellions' deaths to be this major moment where she learns empathy (and to be fair, she WAS heartbroken over their deaths). To be fair, most of her evil acts revolved around kidnapping and manipulation over mass murder, though obviously gaslighting someone (Firestar) is a major crime in and of itself. But it wasn't quite like making a mega-villain into a good guy. But it was still pretty weird and only a few characters were that aghast about it. Perhaps given that anti-heroes and legit killers like Cable were already in charge of X-teams at that point (and Rogue & a few others were reformed villains) made it more "okay" for some, I don't know.

Emma's depiction in The New Mutants may have informed this a bit. As was pointed out, Emma in that book was manipulative and clever, and wanted all the students for herself... but was somewhat taken in by their personalities, and was impressed by their passions. In the end, she accepts help in helping the children recover then lets them on their way... but Claremont is careful to point out this is also a measured tactic- she is making sure the kids admire her, as well as setting Magneto up for rebellion if he trashes her to them- since she was so good to them in the end, she knows this would just make him seem "ungrateful and jealous".

But what I think ends up happening is Emma's immorality was just TOO FUN for writers to depict. Like, villains are big, entertaining, wild characters, and it's a very seductive thing for a writer to have an "Anti-Villain" type of deal where they get to do all this cool, nasty stuff and revel in it... while still sorta being "good guys". I know Grant Morrison went way into the "Nasty shrew saying unacceptable things = funny" approach. Joss Whedon did kind of the same, but was also the one who put a fine point on Emma being in charge ("Oh my god... YOU teach ETHICS?") and had her take numerous ass-kickings. Both, at least, put tragedy at the heart of her- she was like a terrible person slowwwwwwlllly learning empathy (as she was at the heart of the Sentinel massacre in Genosha and "felt" many mutants dying).
Jabroniville

Shinobi Shaw

Post by Jabroniville »

SHINOBI SHAW
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Whilce Portacio
First Appearance: X-Factor #67 (June 1991)
Role: Foppish Wuss, Failed '90s Replacement Character (to Sebastian)
Group Affiliations: The Hellfire Club, Shaw Industries, The Upstarts
PL 7 (135)
STRENGTH
1/6 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 6 (+9)
Expertise (Business) 5 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+6)
Insight 4 (+5)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit (Wealth) 5, Language (English, Japanese, Others), Ranged Attack

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Density Control"
Insubstantial 4 (Feats: Precise, Subtle 2) (Extras: Reaction) (28) -- [29]
  • AE: "High Density" Enhanced Strength 5, Protection 5, Features 5: Increased Mass 5 (20)
"Induce Heart Attacks" Damage 8 (Extras: Alternate Save- Fortitude) (Inaccurate -1) [15]
Linked to
Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Prone/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition, Cumulative) (Inaccurate -1) [23]

Offense:
High Density +5 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Heart Attacks +5 (+8 Damage & +8 Affliction, DC 23 & 18)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2 (+7 High Density), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Power)- Shinobi loves the wealth and prestige that being the new Black King of the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle brings him.
Prejudice (Fop)- Shinobi is constantly surrounded by a bevy of scantilly-clad women and men. He apparently doesn't care how others take this.
Addiction (Hedonism)- Shinobi spends a great deal of time holding meetings while half-nude and drunk off his ass, and presumably boning the people around him.
Relationship (Parents)- Shinobi is the son of Sebastian Shaw and an unknown Japanese woman, and was considered an embarassment. Shaw beat his son frequently, sending him into the safe arms of "mommy". Shinobi grew up despising his father for this reason.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 67 / Defenses: 10 (135)

-One of the most unlikeable villains in X-Men history, Shinobi had many of the workings of a potential Master Villain (like many of the Upstarts), but just never got around to actually being a good character. See, he murdered his father Sebastian (remember what I was saying before about "suddenly introduced children" to adult comic book characters?) to take control of both the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle (one of the greatest undercard villain groups in X-history, as they were legit enough to be a threat, but not super-powerful like Magneto) and the Upstarts, but subsequently was written as a drunken, Depraved Bisexual lout who just hung around and partied all day, while manipulating things behind the scenes. So here was this speedo-clad supervillain hiccupping and slurring his words, looking like a douche, and by the time he finally got into real combat with an X-character, he'd panic and use his Density Control to flee. So it was like they were making it clear, in every way they knew how, that this character was not to be respected.

-And most of his storylines were the same thing- attempting to sway a noble character to the cause (Warren Worthington III & Elisabeth Braddock, Storm & Vance Astrovik all got this treatment), only to be rejected in the end! Storm, Archangel, etc. would be like "No way, man- F off!" and bail on him, leaving him humiliated over and over again. When he was confronted by X-Force during the Younghunt, he basically phased out, but was sufficiently threatened into giving up crucial information to the team (thanks to Domino carrying a futuristic Anti-Phasing weapon). When Sebastian returned from the dead a decade later, after Marvel realized how stupid it was to kill off someone like him, Shinobi vanished pretty much forever, without even an "oh crap- dad's alive!" He is actually murdered by his father OFF-PANEL (despite appearing once in the intervening years between his death, and Sebastian's return, being beaten by X-Force again while he's experimenting on Karma's siblings), which is a pretty ingnominious end for a character who was seemingly supposed to be important.

-Shinobi's death was revealed in Necrosha, where he's a techno-organic zombie resurrected by Selene, but he appears alive without explanation shortly thereater, even reassembling the Upstarts to kill the Nasty Boys! This is to lure out the X-Men, but upon realzing they're being led by Emma Frost, Shinobi commits suicide by phasing his hand through his chest, terrified of what will happen when Emma gets a hold of him! He is resurrected by Krakoa and placed under the care of Sebastian... who actually makes him the Black Bishop of his new Hellfire Trading Company, so bygones are bygones. Sebastian lies to his son about the manner of his death, blaming Emma & Kate Pryde for it, but the deception is revealed.

-Shinobi shows the failures of the Upstarts pretty well: he killed a major X-character early on, but then failed to do anything else for YEARS. And these guys's history goes back to the time when the Image Crew was still working at Marvel, and didn't get resolved for another FIVE YEARS! All that build-up, only to get their asses kicked by X-Force and the New Warriors? These guys were set up to be MAJOR X-Men villains in a huge cross-over, not the prelude to what eventually (after another year) gave us Generation-X.

-Shinobi's never used his High-Density form in any of the dozens of comics I've read of him, but apparently he can do it, even using Vision's Disruption Attack trick to give others' Heart Attacks (this is more Affliction Linked to Fortitude Damage, though- Vision just stunned people). His tactic was always just to fade out and run away by passing through stuff. Not very powerful in combat, I'm probably over-doing it by even giving him +5 Attack. But the poor guy needs SOMETHING.
Jabroniville

Benedict Kine

Post by Jabroniville »

BENEDICT KINE (White King of the Hellfire Club)
Created By:
Ian Edgington & Gene Ha
First Appearance: X-Men Annual #3 (1994)
Role: Status-Affecter

-Kine appears as the White King in a story where Shinobi Shaw tries to forcibly recruit Storm to the Hellfire Club, torturing her with his power to cause agony. Professor X lends her some strength, causing her to fight back and smash Kine into a wall with a gust of wind. He shockingly appeared in a Spider-Man Team-Up story in which he challenges Shinobi for Club leadership, producing an expose the Daily Bugle is doing on the Club's activities. He decides to send his White Knights after J. Jonah Jameson to kill him, while Shinobi's Ebon Knights oppose them. Spider-Man tries to defend JJJ, and Tessa, figuring this for a "pointless swagger match", prods the X-Men into helping save the day. Kine's men capture JJJ, but Shinobi refuses to accept defeat and has him teleported away- Kine tries to fight him, but Shaw is intangible and avoids it, and Spidey uses a web-ball (one of the very few times he used that video game attack) to K.O. Kine. He never reappears.

-Kine had the ability to stun people with either tremendous agony or ectasy. A very "90s Villain" attack.
Jabroniville

Reeva Payge

Post by Jabroniville »

REEVA PAYGE (White Queen of the Hellfire Club)
Created By:
Ian Edgington & Gene Ha

-Reeva is part of Shinobi Shaw's temporary Manhattan branch of the Hellfire Club, and can create a sound that distorts someone's perception of reality. She was stunned by a coin tossed by Gambit, and has never reappeared.
Jabroniville

Benazir Kaur

Post by Jabroniville »

BENAZIR KAUR (Black Queen of the Hellfire Club)
Created By:
Ian Edgington & Gene Ha

-Benazir is part of Shinobi Shaw's temporary Manhattan branch of the Hellfire Club, and had the power to create diseases that affect a person. She uses her power to fuel lung cancer within Gambit's lungs (due to his smoking habit), but Bishop one-hit-KOs her with a slap, and Gambit returns to normal. She has never returned.