Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Laira! Dex-Starr! Blue Lanterns! Star Sapphire!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Hoid wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:14 pm Shouldn’t those staves have power? They basically carry their power batteries around inside those things. Shouldn’t that have some sort of in-game benefit?
I never stat up the GLs' Lanterns- it's more of a plot thing, I believe. If anything it's a negative to carry the Staves around because the enemy could just swipe them. GLs usually keep theirs hidden.
Jabroniville

Proselyte

Post by Jabroniville »

PROSELYTE
Created by:
Geoff Johns & Doug Mahnke
First Appearance: Green Lantern #61 (Feb. 2011)
Role: The Compassion Entity

-A flying cephalopod-like creature, Proselyte is the embodiment of Compassion.
Jabroniville

Larfleeze

Post by Jabroniville »

"What's mine is mine
and mine and mine,
and mine, and mine, and mine!
Not yours!"

---

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH!! I WANT ONE!"

LARFLEEZE (aka Agent Orange)
Created By:
Geoff Johns & Ethan Van Sciver
First Appearance: Green Lantern #25 (Dec. 2007)
Role: The Ultimate in Avarice, Comedic Villain
Group Affiliations: N/A
PL 14 (381)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Deception 8 (+6)
Expertise (Thief) 8 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 10 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+6)
Perception 10 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Blast) 2, Improved Disarm, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Ranged Attack 7, Startle, Tracking

Powers:
"Claws & Fangs" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) [2]
"Billions of Years Old" Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
"Survived an Incinerator" Immunity 10 (Heat Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]

"Orange Lantern Ring" (Flaws: Removable) [114]
(Feats: Unbreakable)

Create 15 (Feats: Precise, Dynamic) (Extras: Impervious 13, Movable 12) (57) -- (81)
  • Dynamic AE: Blast 15 (Feats: Dynamic, Precise, Penetrating 8) (41)
  • Dynamic AE: "Multi-Blast" Blast 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 5) (Extras: Multiattack) (43)
  • Dynamic AE: "Area Blast" Damage 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 8) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (33)
  • Dynamic AE: "Area Blast" Damage 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 8) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (33)
  • Dynamic AE: Snare 14 (Feats: Dynamic, Reversible) (44)
  • Dynamic AE: Snare 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Reversible) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Touch Range) (38)
  • Dynamic AE: Move Object 16 (Feats: Dynamic) (33)
  • Dynamic AE: Immunity 7 (Heat, Cold, Pressure, Radiation, Vacuum, Suffocation 2) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Affects Others Only +0, 30ft. Burst, Ranged) (22)
  • Dynamic AE: "Boosted Field" Force Field 4 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Impervious 15, Affects Others 12) (33)
  • Dynamic AE: "Flashlight" Environment 1 (Light) (Feats: Dynamic) (2)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ring Sensors" Senses 7 (Feats: Dynamic) (Detect Energy & Life- Ranged 2 & Analytical, Communication Link- Central Power Battery) (12)
  • Dynamic AE: Communication (Electronic) 5 (Feats: Dynamic) (Flaws: Orange Lanterns Only after 3 ranks) (19)
Immunity 8 (Poison, Heat, Cold, Pressure, Vacuum, Radiation, Suffocation 2) (8)
Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (18)
Movement 3 (Space Travel 2, Environmental Adaptation- Zero Gravity) (6)

"Standard Force Field" Force Field 6 (Extras: Impervious 7) (13)
"Universal Translator" Comprehend 4 (Languages 4) (8)
Enhanced Advantages 5: Equipment 5- Orange Lantern Database (5)
Features 2: Quick Change 2 (2)
-- (141 points)

"Orange Lantern Power Battery" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [160]
(Feats: Restricted 2- Only Larfleeze, Unbreakable)

Summon Orange Lanterns 13 (Extras: Continuous, Fanatical, Horde, Variable +2, 128 Minions +14) (Flaws: Limited to Beings He's Killed) (260) -- (261 points)
  • AE: Boost All Ring Powers by +2 Ranks (6)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Claws & Fangs +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Blast +11 (+15 Ranged Damage, DC 30)
Multi-Blast +11 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Area Blasts +12 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Snare +11 (+14 Ranged Affliction, DC 24)
Area Snare +12 (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
---
Lantern-Boosted Blast +11 (+17 Ranged Damage, DC 32)
Lantern-Boosted Multi-Blast +11 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 29)
Lantern-Boosted Area Blasts +14 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Lantern-Boosted Snare +11 (+16 Ranged Affliction, DC 26)
Lantern-Boosted Area Snare +14 (+14 Affliction, DC 24)
---
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5 (+12 Standard Field, +16 Full Field, +14-18 Lantern-Boosted Field, +4-11 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- I mean, it's literally his entire thing.
Obsession (Things He Doesn't Have)- Larfleeze is so obsessed with gaining things he covets that he is easily led so long as he gets something unique.
Power Loss (Out of Energy)- Power Rings must be recharged via their Lanterns occasionally, and will run out of power after extended use.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 282 / Defenses: 21 (388)

The Covetous Agent Orange:
-Larfleeze is a hoot, which is bizarre, considering he's likely the most dangerous single Lantern in existence. Able to create a massive horde of Orange Lantern constructs at his beck and call, he's controlled the Orange Battery of Greed & Avarice for millennia (when I first heard that, I thought "They're really running out of possible emotions here", but Geoff Johns makes it work in a pretty ingenious way), stealing away everything that comes close to his homeworld and capturing anyone for his Corps. Despite his horrific appearance, he usually stands in gawky poses and says funny things (pretty much all "Mine! You can't have that! Oooohhh I want one!") like a five-year old would. It leads to some funny situations when all the Corps-men of the Emotional Spectrum do their big dramatic poses & Oaths, and he's just "Eh?" because he doesn't get it.

-Larfleeze of course gained some backstory- he was born to a poor family of farmers, which abandoned him because of his ugly appearance, but were forced to accept him back as they'd already sold the maximum number of children allowed by law (six). He was captured in a raid and sold into slavery, where he was mated with a woman and their children were repeatedly sold. Eventually his mate died and he did a jailbreak, becoming a master thief- he was only able to escape the Manhunters by stealing a map owned by Krona. Finding an Orange Lantern there, Larfleeze was so overcome by avarice that he slaughtered all of his allies, then gained Green Lantern-style powers via a ring it gave him. And there Larfleeze sat, adoring his prize, for two billion years, before finally venturing out and killing people to fuel his "Orange Lantern Corps".

-Larfleeze proved a deadly adversary, with his massive army making him unstoppable, but the other Lanterns were able to convince him to aide them in the War of Light and Blackest Night because there were still more things he coveted- when he discovered there were Guardians, he demanded one for himself- and so Sayd, Ganthet's beloved, was forced to go off with him to honor the agreement for Larfleeze's help. Apparnetly at some later time Sayd was killed, and in her revenge, mentally-convinced Larfleeze to destroy all of his treasure, leaving him despondent.

The Might of Agent Orange:
-Larfleeze is a little tough to stat, because exactly which weapon is responsible for what is a matter of debate. He can create constructs with his Ring, but does he need the ring? Since Lex Luthor got one recently, I'm going to say yes, the Ring is responsible for some powers. The Orange Lantern Summoning power is directly linked to the Battery, but others cannot use it- is it simply a Restricted Device then, or could Larfleeze still control his minions without it? I eventually just went with the simpler Device-laden answer. So Larfleeze is a pretty strong guy (I have yet to see evidence he's any stronger than a human can get, but he's fairly big, so I gave him a high score) with a Power Ring that works like a GL's, in addition to a Power Battery that he always carries around with him, which is capable of 1) Summoning a horde of Lantern Minions, to a max of 195 pp each, up to 100 at a time (!), all Fanatically loyal, Continuous in Duration, all at once. Oh, and they're all of Broad Type, meaning one could be a gaint Space Whale transport, and another could be a four-armed little bitey monster. And 2) Boosts all of his powers by 2 ranks, making him one of the mightiest Lanterns in existence. He has to kill (or have a Minion kill) anyone to "Steal" their identity, but that's a minor Drawback at best since he's got such a wide variety already.

-Mentally, he's not all there, and as the Drawback notes, he MUST go for whatever new shiny bauble someone's showing up, but otherwise, he's a beast. He's the one single Ring-Slinger that could wipe out an entire Corps by himself.

BLUME (Sample Orange Lantern)
Created By:
Geoff Johns & Ethan Van Sciver
First Appearance: Green Lantern #25 (Dec. 2007)
Role: Summoned Being
PL 10 (156)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Intimidation 10 (+8)
Perception 8 (+6)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Gigantic Floating Tentacled Head"
Growth 8 (Str & Sta +8, +8 Mass, +4 Intimidation, -4 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -8 Stealth) -- (30 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [17]

Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Extended Vision 4) [5]
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14) -- [15]
  • AE: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3) (6)

"Orange Lantern Construct"
Immunity 40 (Mental & Fortitude Effects) [40]
Weaken Energy Powers 12 (Extras: Ranged, Broad) (Flaws: Limited to Emotion Spectrum Rings) [24]
Protection 12 (Extras: Impervious 9) [21]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Weaken Energy Powers +7 (+12 Ranged Weaken, DC 22)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will +5

Total: Abilities: -2 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 122 / Defenses: 23 (156)

-Blume's a good place to start, as one of the strongest and most dangerous of the Orange Lantern Constructs Larfleeze can summon. An absolute monster, this guy floated around the universe, demanding every culture's riches & wealth until there was nothing left, at which point it would fly off, satiated. Then it showed up on Vega, demanding Larfleeze's riches. Bad idea. Now he's an Orange Lantern.

-This reflects the peak of the powers of an Orange Lantern. They have all the abilities they possessed in life (Even Green Lanterns, if they're killed!), in addition to being constructs. Among their deadliest (and cheesiest, in my opinion) powers is the ability to drain Lantern energies- it's been shown that Hope & Love can nullify the effects of Want/Greed, though (these are unique Immunities of Blue Lanterns & Star Sapphires). This is what makes them so deadly to Lanterns, though- their Blasts have virtually no effect on these things, and they can easily tear apart the powerless Lanterns physically. Note that Orange Lanterns don't seem to fire off energy constructs unless they themselves could in life.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds (Carol Ferris! Fatality! Larfleeze!)

Post by Ares »

It's like they gave Gollum a Power Rin . . . Okay Johns, I'll give you that one. Well played.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ares wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:44 am It's like they gave Gollum a Power Rin . . . Okay Johns, I'll give you that one. Well played.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Ophidian

Post by Jabroniville »

OPHIDIAN
Created by:
Geoff Johns & Doug Mahnke
First Appearance: Green Lantern #52 (March 2010)
Role: The Avarice Entity

-Ophidian is the Avarice Entity. Billions of years ago, a band of thieves had stolen objects from the Guardians of the Universe and entered the Vega system. After a bloody battle that killed two Guardians, the remaining thief was given a deal- give them what was stolen (a box containing Parallax among them), and he would get a Power Battery. Eventually, it came to contain Ophidian- the incarnation of avarice. Of course this thief was Larfleeze.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

yeah gollum was the first thing i thought of when i saw laefreeze. not just gollum though Smeagol as well. corrupted by a greater power then he could imagine and driven by an insatiable lust for this power and other things. so driven in fact hes force to be forever alone because the mere idea of SHARING the orange power with others is o abhorent to him that he killed them and then made them into constructs.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Black Lanterns

Post by Jabroniville »

"The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!"

BLACK LANTERNS:
[Template: 148 +Y -X)]
No Stamina [-X]
Protection (Toughness as it was in life) [+Y]

Immunity 55 (Fortitude, Interaction & Magical Effects) [55]
Mind-Reading 15 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Emotions) (Drawbacks: Power Loss- Crazed Individuals) [29]
Regeneration 14 (Feats: Regrowth) [15]
Immortality 12 [24]

"Transform Others to Black Lanterns" Affliction 12 (Fort; Transformed to Black Lantern) (Extras: Progressive +2) (Flaws: Limited to Third Degree) (24) -- [25]
AE: "Remove Hearts" Weaken Stamina 10 (10)

Complications:
Weakness (Dove)- Dove's touch will instantly destroy any Black Lantern.
Vulnerable (Green & Any Other Emotional Spectrum Light)- Any Green Lantern can combine his power with the ring of another Corps to instantly destroy a Black Lantern.
Vulnerable (Light Attacks)- Light attacks in general do more damage.
Disability (Cannot See Those Without Emotions)- Things like robots or those who are emotionally bereft are invisible to Black Lanterns.

Blackest Night:
-Black Lanterns were EVERYWHERE for a while there. Geoff Johns, having built all of these Corps up into a "War of Light" naturally had to go a step BEYOND, thus forming the Black Lanterns- zombies risen from DC's greatest dead heroes and villains. And so we had heroes confronted by their loved ones, most notable the Golden Age Superman & Lois Lane rising from their graves, alongside then-dead characters like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Firestorm, etc. It's a great one-time gimmick, but as Johns had JUST barely introduced all these characters, a lot of things got mucked up. A handful of heroes were killed in the crossfire, including Tempest & Dolphin, Damage ("this is just one of those things that happens" said JSA All-Stars writer Matt Sturges, who was stuck being forced to kill one of his side-characters), and more. Finally, all the emotions got together and empowered Hal Jordan as the "White Lantern", who defeated Nekron, who was at the heart of everything.

-Black Lanterns all seem to all possess the ability to tear a human (or even super-human) heart out of someone's chest with their bare hands, natural Undead immunities, they can't be reasoned with period, and Magic apparently has no effect on them either. They can read all Emotions instantly, giving us those cool "Black image with the lights of emotion showing up on them" panels that show more about a character's inner-workings than several pages of inner-monologue. They can Regenerate from damage so quickly that even a completely dessicated and shredded pile of bones will completely resurrect within a very short period of time, making them REALLY dirty fighters.

-Balancing against this is a pretty hefty bunch of Drawbacks, discovered over the course of the story. Merely TOUCHING the body of Dove has blown them completely up. Any Green Lantern's energy will blow them up if another Ring's power is added to it (Will Plus Fear Overcome Death? Okay, not getting that analogy like "Hope Drains Fear & Rage & Avarice", but whatever...), Light attacks in general seem to work, and the Lanterns are blind to any who don't have proper emotions. It's a big swack of weaknesses, but since most of them are even more potent for the guys than Kryptonite is to Superman, it works.
Skavenger

Re: Jab’s Builds (Star Sapphires! Fatality! Larfleeze! Black Lanterns!)

Post by Skavenger »

If nothing else, I thought the Black Lanterns scene where all the "living" heroes get turned into zombies because they had previously "died" was almost meant to be DC taking a swipe at itself for how often they have heroes die and come back. "Look at how ridiculous this is. Where else aside from the Xavier Institute could you have this many people running around who were previously dead?"
Jabroniville

Black Hand

Post by Jabroniville »

BLACK HAND (William Hand)
Created By:
Gardner Fox & John Broome
First Appearance: Green Lantern #29 (June 1964)
Role: Silver Age Villain
Group Affiliations: The Black Lantern Corps, The Society
PL 12 (179)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 6 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+8)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 1 (+4)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Inventor, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
"Cosmic Divining Rod" (Flaws: Removable) [88]
Create 15 (Feats: Precise, Dynamic) (Extras: Impervious 13, Movable 12) (Flaws: Source- GL Energies) (42) -- (64)
  • Dynamic AE: Blast 15 (Feats: Dynamic, Precise, Penetrating 8) (Flaws: Source- GL Energies) (23)
  • Dynamic AE: "Multi-Blast" Blast 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 5) (Extras: Multiattack) (Flaws: Source- GL Energies) (30)
  • Dynamic AE: "Area Blast" Damage 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 8) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Source- GL Energies) (21)
  • Dynamic AE: "Area Blast" Damage 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 8) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Source- GL Energies) (21)
  • Dynamic AE: Snare 14 (Feats: Dynamic, Reversible) (Flaws: Source- GL Energies) (30)
  • Dynamic AE: Snare 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Reversible) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Touch Range, Source- GL Energies) (25)
  • Dynamic AE: Move Object 16 (Feats: Dynamic) (Flaws: Source- GL Energies) (17)
  • Dynamic AE: Immunity 7 (Heat, Cold, Pressure, Radiation, Vacuum, Suffocation 2) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Affects Others Only +0, 30ft. Burst, Ranged) (Flaws: Source- GL Energies) (15)
  • Dynamic AE: "Boosted Field" Force Field 6 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Impervious 15, Affects Others 12) (Flaws: Source- GL Energies) (29)
  • Dynamic AE: "Flashlight" Environment 1 (Light) (Feats: Dynamic) (2)
  • Dynamic AE: "Absorb GL Energies" Weaken Power 12 (Feats:
  • Dynamic) (Extras: Ranged, Broad) (Flaws: Limited to Green Lantern Rings) (24)
Immunity 8 (Poison, Heat, Cold, Pressure, Vacuum, Radiation, Suffocation 2) (8)
Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (18)
Movement 3 (Space Travel 2, Environmental Adaptation- Zero Gravity) (6)
"Standard Force Field" Force Field 4 (Extras: Impervious 7) (11)
Senses 3 (Detect Green Lantern Rings- Ranged 2) (3)
-- (110 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Blast +8 (+15 Ranged Damage, DC 30)
Multi-Blast +8 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Area Blasts +12 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Snare +8 (+14 Ranged Affliction, DC 24)
Area Snare +12 (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+7 Force Field, +13 Full Field), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Obsession (Death)- William Hand is a necrophiliac, murderer and death-worshipper.
Enemy (Hal Jordan)

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 88 / Defenses: 15 (179)

-A character I'm almost entirely unfamiliar with, Black Hand is named after Batman's co-creator, Bill Finger. He was an inventive genius known for speaking in cliches, and turned to a life of crime after finding his family irritating. He uses a device to leech Green Lantern residue from objects, fueling him with similar powers, and speaks directly to the audience (an usual trait for a DC character). Years later, he shows up having retired from villainy to run an adult theater visited by Guy Gardner & Ice, and has developed a phobia of super-heroes. His hand is maimed by Green Arrow during Rebirth (Hand was hiding a spare Power Ring), driving him insane, and he's later abducted by aliens.

-Black Hand's origin story is completely rewritten after Infinite Crisis- he is now the child of a family of funeral home directors, and grows up with a severe preoccupation with death, probably to the extent of necrophilia. He gains an alien weapon created by Atrocitus and becomes a super-villain, hiding his worst excesses from others. Finally, he murders his entire family and then commits suicide at the urging of a voice, and is reborn by the damaged Guardian of the Unierse, Scar. She reveals that Hand is the physical embodiment of Death, the same way that Ion is for Willpower and Parallax is for Fear. He is thus reborn as the leader of the Black Lanterns, comprised of many dead heroes. He gladly leads them into the Blackest Night, but is ultimately undone by the power of the White Lanterns. He is returned to life and is forced to join the Indigo Tribe's wanderers, his mind no longer his own. He quickly goes evil again, but dies turning Hal into a Black Lantern. But he soon returns and becomes a recurring nemesis with more weirdo traits.

-Honestly, the whole "Black Hand" thing just never interested me. I'd never heard of the guy, and he seemed like a generic "Crazy Villain"- much weaker than death-obsessed guys like Thanos. That Geoff Johns was falling apart as a writer around this time didn't help, and Hand was just too much of a kook to ever take seriously.

-Black Hand has GL-type powers, gained through Draining Power Rings, which he can also detect at range. I kinda left in some of the smarts of the Golden Age version as well. The modern one can sometimes control zombies and such, but it's mainly through his position as an avatar of Death itself.
Jabroniville

Nekron

Post by Jabroniville »

NEKRON
Created By:
Mike W. Barr, Len Wein & Joe Staton
First Appearance: Tales of the Green Lantern Corps #2 (June 1981)
Role: Devil Analogue, Arch-Manipulator
Group Affiliations: N/A
PL 17 (479)
STRENGTH
16 STAMINA 18 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 6 PRESENCE 6

Skills:
Deception 12 (+18)
Expertise (The Afterlife) 15 (+21)
Expertise (Magic) 20 (+26)
Insight 8 (+14)
Intimidation 11 (+17)
Perception 8 (+14)
Persuasion 9 (+15)
Stealth 10 (+13)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 7 (King of The City of the Unliving), Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Persuasion), Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Magic) 4, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 10, Ritualist, Startle, Well-Informed, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Immortal Entity"
Regeneration 8 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [9]
Immunity 22 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep, Heat & Flame Effects) [22]
Immortality 3 (1 week) [6]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Power-Lifting 6 (100,000 tons) [6]
Impervious Toughness 15 [15]
Flight 10 (2,000 mph) [20]
Senses 6 (Detect Magic- Ranged, Acute, Analytical, Counters Illusion) [6]
"Master of Tongues" Comprehend 4 (Languages 4) [8]
"Shapeshifter" Morph 4 (Any Form) (Extras: Metamorph) [24]

"Variable Size"
Features 5: Increased Mass 5 [5]
Elongation 1 [1]

"Elder God Might"
"Mystical Stream" Damage 17 (Feats: Dynamic, Variable 2- Any Magic) (Extras: Area- 250ft. Line +4) (88) -- [113]
  • Dynamic AE: "Mystical Burst" Blast 17 (Feats: Dynamic, Variable 2- Any Magic) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (70)
  • Dynamic AE: "Mystical Blast" Blast 22 (Feats: Dynamic, Variable 2- Any Magic, Extended Range 2, Indirect, Penetrating 14) (43)
  • Dynamic AE: Force Field 2 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Affects Others 12, Impervious 6) (21)
  • Dynamic AE: Mind-Reading 16 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Effortless) Linked to Communication 5 (Mental) (Feats: Dimensional) (Extras: Area) (75)
  • Dynamic AE: Illusion 14 (Feats: Dynamic) (All Senses) (71)
  • Dynamic AE: Insubstantial 4 (Feats: Subtle 2) (22)
  • AE: "Capable of Nearly Any Effect" Variable (Magical) 12 (84)
  • AE: Remote Sensing 24 (Visual, Hearing) (64,000 miles) (Feats: Dimensional, Subtle) (74)
  • AE: Movement 6 (Dimensional Travel 3, Time Travel 3) (Feats: Increased Mass 5) (Extras: Attack) (23)
  • AE: Teleport 15 (Feats: Increased Mass 5) (Extras: Extended, Accurate) (65)
  • AE: Healing 12 (Extras: Ranged, Resurrection) (36)
  • AE: "Alter Thoughts & Memories" Affliction 16 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Transformed Thoughts) (Extras: Perception Range +2, Cumulative) (64)
  • AE: Mind Control 16 (64)
  • AE: "Group Mind Control" Mind Control 12 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Touch Range -2) (48)
  • AE: Move Object 14 (Extras: Perception Range) (42)
  • AE: "Molecular Transformation" Transform 12 (Anything to Anything) (Extras: Continuous) (60)
  • AE: "Alter Hell" Teleport 15 (Feats: Increased Mass 5) (Extras: Attack, Perception Ranged +2) (80)
  • AE: "Create Temptation" Create 15 (Feats: Innate, Precise) (Extras: Movable) (47)
  • AE: Nullify Magical Effects 15 (Extras: Broad, Simultaneous, Perception Range) (75)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Energy Attacks +17 Area (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Blast +12 (+22 Ranged Damage, DC 37)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +18, Will +16

Complications:
Motivation (Gathering Souls & Power)- Nekron judges success by the amount of souls he possesses- he desires the souls of sentient beings. The more virtuous and noble the being, the better.

Total: Abilities: 138 / Skills: 94--47 / Advantages: 38 / Powers: 237 / Defenses: 19 (479)

-UGGGGGGGGGHHHHH- NEKRON. Just a complete garbage-ass piece of shit character. It's like DC's guys looked at the cool shit Marvel was doing with Mephisto and went "Ooh- I WANT ONE!" and just copied him wholesale while adding nothing original. The only difference between the two Satanalogues is that Mephisto has occasionally been in good stories. Nekron rules "The Land of the Unliving" between Limbo & Purgatory, and desires human souls. He gets involved in the backstory of the Green Lantern Corps, as he takes the Oan scientist Krona, reduced to pure energy, and uses him as a way to get a foothold in the material universe. The two combined forces to kill the Guardians and recreate the universe, actually killing a few of them before Hal Jordan enters the realm of the dead and incites the spirits of the recently killed GLs to rebel. This stalls Krona and gives the Guardians time to banish him back and close the rift, trapping Hal within- the spirit of Abin Sur helps him escape, wrapping up the story.

-Later appearances are typically as an "I want your SOUL!" kind of guy. Captain Atom escapes him once, as does Kyle Rayner. In one story, he boosts the power levels of a score of villains in exchange for their souls. His biggest role by far, however, was in Blackest Night, where he creates the Black Power Rings to turn an army of undead superheroes into his own warriors. He is revealed to have been responsible for weakening the barrier between life and death, which is why DC's characters were so easily-resurrected for the years prior. His origin is now stated to be living darkness- a soulless entity born to fight the White Light of creation (therefore he's one of many guys the Spectre is shit-worthless against). His ultimate plan is to capture the original creator of life, The Entity, and kill it in a dark ritual that will kill every living thing in the universe. He nearly succeeds, but Sinestro of all people attaches himself to the Entity, becoming a White Lantern and saving it. Nekron is agonized when the undead planet Xanshi is re-destroyed, and then the Entity abandons Sinestro's ego and joins with Hal Jordan instead. Hal resurrects all present, including the Anti-Monitor, who turns against Nekron. Nekron banishes the Anti-Monitor, and is then banished himself.

-Nekron's follow-up appearances have been short, and he fails to manipulate a few heroes- Hal once controls him into killing the original GL, Volthoom, thus saving the day in another story, before re-banishing him. Ultimately, Nekron comes off as a Failed Big-Deal. Like we were all supposed to be impressed by how powerful he was and how manipulative he was, but he just loses all the time and, more importantly, HAS NO PERSONALITY. I mean, Marvel's Mephisto has some game- he's a snide, smirking, manipulative adversary. Always failing to take souls but he's treated as powerful and a near-constant presence. He schemes and manipulates in ways that make him stand out, and we see he game plan and personality in his words and deeds. Nekron is just "um... like Mephisto I guess" and has nothing else to him. Who considers themselves a real "Nekron Fan"? Is there even such a thing?

-Hilariously, there’s also a guy in DC named NERON, who I have just learned is a different character, whose entire gimmick is that he is ALSO a Mephisto rip-off who wants souls.

-Nekron is just my Mephisto build, minus some stuff like "He's more powerful in Hell", as Nekron doesn't exhibit that. He's a super-powerful reality warper and tough enough to take a blast from the Anti-Monitor, so he's still PL 17 overall.
Skavenger

Re: Nekron

Post by Skavenger »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:23 am -Later appearances are typically as an "I want your SOUL!" kind of guy. Captain Atom escapes him once, as does Kyle Rayner. In one story, he boosts the power levels of a score of villains in exchange for their souls.

-Hilariously, there’s also a guy in DC named NERON, who I have just learned is a different character, whose entire gimmick is that he is ALSO a Mephisto rip-off who wants souls.
Yeah, unless DC did the same storyline twice, I remembered that the "sell your souls for more power" deal was Neron, not Nekron. Neron also had Wally West and Linda Park sell their love ("marriage") to him, but was ultimately poisoned by it and had to give it back YEARS before One More Day ever happened to Spider-Man.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Star Sapphires! Fatality! Larfleeze! Black Lanterns!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Skavenger wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:03 pm If nothing else, I thought the Black Lanterns scene where all the "living" heroes get turned into zombies because they had previously "died" was almost meant to be DC taking a swipe at itself for how often they have heroes die and come back. "Look at how ridiculous this is. Where else aside from the Xavier Institute could you have this many people running around who were previously dead?"
I think the whole event was designed to not only explain that, but also end the notion and give "superhero deaths" more gravitas- I think Green Arrow even spoke for the writers, going "I have a feeling dead means dead from now on". It ended up not really mattering since continuity rebooted not too long after, though.
Jabroniville

Re: Nekron

Post by Jabroniville »

Skavenger wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:07 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:23 am -Later appearances are typically as an "I want your SOUL!" kind of guy. Captain Atom escapes him once, as does Kyle Rayner. In one story, he boosts the power levels of a score of villains in exchange for their souls.

Yeah, unless DC did the same storyline twice, I remembered that the "sell your souls for more power" deal was Neron, not Nekron. Neron also had Wally West and Linda Park sell their love ("marriage") to him, but was ultimately poisoned by it and had to give it back YEARS before One More Day ever happened to Spider-Man.
Yeah, I think that might have been it. For years I thought the two were the same man. I mean... WHO USES BOTH NAMES?!!?
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Fatality! Larfleeze! Black Lanterns! Black Hand!)

Post by Jabroniville »

And now we have FINALLY reached the end of all the Corps- once you hit the Indigo Tribe you can basically start ignoring everything- I think that was everyone's breaking point as the unnecessary one.

Doing all of these was... well, it was a huge pain in the ass and EXACTLY why it took me years to re-do all the Corps- having to sort through every single one and figure out which of the 97 powers weren't shared by a particular group was a nuisance, and a very big chunk of the cast is just glorified Sketchpad Characters, especially as they killed off most of the famous GLs over the years.

There's a couple minor "Extra Corps" characters but they'll end up much later because I didn't have those requested until I'd already set my posting list up. For now it'll be a bunch of GL foes unaffiliated with all the Corps. Which means they all got completely ignored as of 1990 or so.