Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: The Tattooed Man (Silver Age)

Post by Jabroniville »

Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:21 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Feel like I'm safe since I don't call myself The Tattooedman. :lol:
CURSES!! My searing attempt on your self-esteem has come to naught!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:09 am
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
CURSES!! My searing attempt on your self-esteem has come to naught!
"A" for effort, but I have no self esteem. :lol:
catsi563

Re: Jab’s Builds (Dr. Polaris! The Shark! Goldface! The Tattooed Man!)

Post by catsi563 »

*paint little ballerinas on tmans back*

*run off cackling manically*
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Bolphunga

Post by Jabroniville »

BOLPHUNGA THE UNRELENTING
Created By:
Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons
First Appearance: Green Lantern #188 (May 1985)
Role: Alien Prize Fighter
Group Affiliations: N/A

-Bolphunga is a GL foe who was an alien prize fighter, said to have "the strength of a Denebian Dozer-Bull, the endurance of a Lalotian Lava-Limpet, and the intelligence of a bed of kelp". He built himself a legend, but decided to challenge the most feared and mysterious beign of them all- a Green Lantern known as "Mogo". It was in this story that we discovered that Mogo was actually a sentient PLANET. Bolphunga camped out on the world for months trying to find his quarry, but left in horror when he finally realized the significance of the shape made by the forests.

-Bolphunga later reappeared in modern times hunting GLs with a group of other bounty hunters, but was largely ineffective. He nearly got a ringless Guy Gardner, but Salaak arrived and stopped him. He was imprisoned in the Sciencells on Oa alongside Kanjar Ro, and allied with the GLs when the murderous Sinestro Corps attacked- both were spared when the Alpha Lanterns executed all of the other other prisoners.

-Bolphunga is super-strong and tough, but not so much that a GL can't handily defeat him.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Skavenger wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:09 am
Little known fact, "Tattoo" of Fantasy Island actually had a last name. "Edman."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I swear Bolphunga just looks like a very lost Warhammer 40k character.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

KorokoMystia wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:15 pm I swear Bolphunga just looks like a very lost Warhammer 40k character.
I was coming in here to say that. I thought he might have been kind of a modern piss-take on the whole 40K thing, but that's how he originally looked, even back in 85, predating Warhammer 40K by at least two years.

It'd be hilarious if this guy actually inspired the 40K designs.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Also, a lot of the guys in here showcase A) How dumb a weakness to a color is and B) How necessary that weakness was back in the day when the GL rings were basically all powerful otherwise. It's just weird how well known said weakness appeared to be, to the point you'd think every criminal in the universe would just have guns with yellow bullets, yellow energy blasts, etc. But then again, GLs of that era could probably just render themselves intangible and mind-control the people into surrendering. It's no wonder the GL rings had a kind of reverse Power Creep over the years where they became less powerful as time went on.

I think there is a middle ground between "the rings can do anything" and "the rings mostly just make hard-energy constructs, translate languages, provide life support and flight". I'd say the latter is the default for all Lanterns, but there is some wiggle room for other abilities, and GLs can train in specializations that give them more personal flavor. Like have a detective Green Lantern who focuses on information gathering, and uses his ring to analyze crime scenes, recreate events, to the point that the ring can replay events that happened in a room within a certain amount of time, allowing him to watch it as if it were happening right before his eyes. Or a GL who has learned how to make his ring emit a Zone of Truth that prevents any lies from being told in his presence. Stuff like that.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Major Force

Post by Jabroniville »

MAJOR FORCE (Maj. Clifford Zmeck)
Created By:
Cary Bates, Greg Weisman & Pat Broderick
First Appearance: Captain Atom #12 (Feb. 1988)
Role: Mirror Image Villain, Fridge-Stuffer, Jobber To The Stars
Group Affiliations: The U.S. Army, The Injustice League, S.H.A.D.E.
PL 11 (206)
STRENGTH
15 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 5 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Government Agent/Mercenary) 3 (+3)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 4 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Radiation) 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Living Energy" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
"Dilustel Body Sheath" Protection 15 (Extras: Impervious 13) [28]
Immunity 10 (Radiation Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
Flight 9 (1,000 mph) [18]
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]
Senses 3 (Detect Radidation- Acute, Ranged) [3]
Features 1: Unarmed Attacks Count as Radiation Damage [1]
"Telepathic Interface" Communication 1 (Computers) [4]
"Always Returns" Immortality 1 [2]

"Radiation Blast" Blast 14 (Feats: Split, Variable- Any Radiation, Penetrating 8) (38) -- [41]
  • AE: "Radiation Wave" Damage 11 (Feats: Variable- Any Radiation, Penetrating 8) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (30)
  • AE: "Radiation Beam" Damage 11 (Feats: Variable- Any Radiation, Penetrating 8) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (30)
  • AE: "Radiation Storm" Damage 11 (Feats: Variable- Any Radiation, Penetrating 8) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (30)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Radiation Blast +8 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 29)
Area Effects +11 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +15 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Living Energy)- A nuclear experiment has left Zmeck as a being of living energy.
Involuntary Transformation (Disembodied Energy)- If Major Force's suit is ruptured, he will cast out Damage 13 in a massive Burst Area, and lose all cohesion. Without another suit, he will be unable to affect the physical world.
Reputation (Refrigerator-Stuffer)- Major Force once gleefully killed Kyle Rayner's girlfriend and left her corpse in a fridge for the hero to find- other heroes remember this well.
Enemy (Green Lanterns)- GLs take special pleasure in beating Major Force's ass.
Involuntary Transformation (Travelling Through Time)- If Major Force absorbs too much energy, he can be sent forward through time.
Power Loss (Durability)- X-Ionizer Technology can cut Force's Dilustel body.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 134 / Defenses: 8 (206)

Major Force- Mirror Image Villain to Making Comics History:
-Being a DC Comics character now, it was perhaps only a matter of time before Captain Atom got himself a Mirror Image Villain- Major Force debuted only twelve issues into the Post-Crisis run of Captain Atom. When the "Captain Atom" project was deemed a failure when their original subject bailed, the U.S. government heads tried again, this time increasing the amount of mystery alien metal used in the creation. Naturally, they chose a rapist and murderer as their test subject, imbuing him with incredible might and giving him a pardon in exchange for his agreeing to be a part of it. This "Major Force" also entered a Quantum Field and disappeared for a year, but this time the government was ready and latched on an explosive "control collar" when he returned. He was meant to be an ally, then successor, to Capt. Atom, but his remarkable brutality put them at odds (one of Force's handlers, the son of a woman he killed, set off his collar and blew off one of his hands, too). Eventually, Force just became a hired goon for General Wade Eiling and other dark forces in the government.

-With Captain Atom not lasting long as a book, Major Force was orphaned... and then went on to make Supervillain History: this random guy was chosen to horrifically murder Alex DeWitt, girlfriend of new Green Lantern Kyle Rayner, and stuff her remains in a refridgerator where Kyle would find her. He did this so his new bosses at the Quorum Oraganization could get Kyle's ring, but of course the enraged hero demolished Force in their fight, torturing him and being barely stopped by some cops. This seems like a poorly-thought-out "No, no, LIKE our new superhero- he's such a bad-ass! Watch him get revenge!" as Revenge Flicks were pretty popular back in the day, and since overshadowed a lot of Kyle's debut as Gail Simone and others thought that creating a female character solely to kill her off was pretty shitty. Worse still, it seems like Force didn't even get any hype from it- he teased killing Guy Gardner's mother, but when Guy heard what happened to DeWitt, he summarily executed Force, decapitating him with a weapon grown from his body (during his "Warrior" phase). Major Force was dead. He later returned thanks to Quorum, and became a recurring Guy Gardner: Warrior foe, but as this was a low-tier book and was eventually just discarded, this meant nothing. Force killed Arisia, then a former GL, and Guy executed him again, causing him to implode.

Major Force's Never-Ending Jobbing:
-Force would later return, as it turns out he's made of energy and is effectively immortal. He showed up only three years later, teaming with the Resurrection Man against the JLA. He shows up in the first arc of Superman/Batman as part of a government-backed group trying to bring in the two heroes, but is dispatched by Katana, who reveals an allegiance with Batman- she slices off his hands. He is later decapitated by Kyle, and later Hal uses a Ring-made refridgerator to pound away on him. Later, Captain Atom returns from a Quantum Field jump and drains Force of all energy, leaving only an empty husk.

-All of this effectively makes Major Force a combination of Bullseye and Cameron Hodge, oddly enough. Like Bullseye, he carries a lot of storyline weight due to actually successfully killing named characters (including a hero's loved one in both cases), and returns a lot because of that... but in a way that lets every writer make their hero live out a "revenge fantasy"- he has in fact been repeatedly humiliated in the name of avenging DeWitt and Arisia (who later returned) time and time again, because every writer wants to write that story. However, unlike Bullseye, his killings were more weaksauce and against weaker foes (Arisia wasn't a GL at that point), so he doesn't get a credibility boost from them- he just seems like some bullying psychopath. And in this sense- that he's unkillable, always returns, and you can never get a real "win", he is like the grinning idiot Cameron Hodge- one of the worst and most annoying of the X-Men's enemies. A guy who ruins stories by his mere presence because he both lacks credibility, nuance and even a sense of "victory" for the heroes, as they are unable to truly stop him. So effectively he's a constantly beaten Jobber To The Stars, doomed to an eternity of being humiliated in the name of revenge for that Refridgeration.

-Subsequent appearances have been minor- he was one of S.H.A.D.E.'s super-agents, and was killed fighting the new Freedom Fighters, but has popped up both dead and alive in other tales as Editors & writers forgot what he was doing. In the "New 52", he was a Firestorm villain instead, and was also sometimes called "Black Jack".

Major Force- Jobber To The Stars:
-Major Force now operates as one of comics' few "Jobbers To The Stars"- a wrestling term to denote guys who can beat jobbers, but themselves never beat real stars. In a sense, he is used to "put over" other characters ever since Kyle Rayner demolished him out of anger so the writers could make Kyle look like this big, worthy bad-ass in his revenge. Guy Gardner used him in this role REPEATEDLY, dooming the villain to a life of it, and ever since the 2000s he's been a bigger and bigger joke. Which is funny, because he was supposed to be the tougher, more bad-ass Captain Atom, but now it's inconceivable that he could be more powerful, given how often he's defeated (even drained by Atom himself). But since Major Force only jobs to PL 13-level guys, he's still a somewhat dangerous adversary, hitting PL 11 unarmed and at range. He has all of Captain Atom's powers, plus Immortality- he's said to "return stronger" every time he dies, but this is obvious bullshit, as he jobs just as hard as ever, every single time. This is why comics have to stop including shit like that in people's bios and boasting, because it doesn't hold up to the slightest bit of evidence.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Time Commander

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:03 am Image

Shame this color scheme doesn't get used more often, I find the white on purple to be pretty striking.

And I'll give this guy credit for actually belting his magic item to him so that it's harder for him to lose it.

Jabroniville

The Ultraviolet Corps

Post by Jabroniville »

"By shield of day, and shield of night
we feed and grow, beyond all sight
your darkest self shall be our knight
wield the sword of unseen light!"

THE ULTRAVIOLET CORPS
Created By:
Scott Snyder & Jorge Jiménez
First Appearance: Justice League #2 (Aug. 2018)
Role: ANOTHER F***ING CORPS?!?

-Haha, WHAT?!? This is a real thing? Not, like... some goofy Mad Magazine parody? The Ultraviolet Corps were added only a few years ago by Scott Snyder, said to represent "The Invisible Emotional Spectrum" of negativity, powered by a sentient sun named Umbrax in a "Phantom Galaxy". Umbrax absorbs planets full of self-destructive energy into its own galaxy, turnings its inhabitatnts into Ultraviolet Lanterns. It was lured towards Earth, recruiting John Stewart, but Sinestro found a way to absorb the power into himself and control it (Umbrax usually controls its own Lanterns)- this puts him in his Silver Age costume with the blue and black. John also used his willpower to do the same thing. I don't know what happened with the rest of this story.

-UV are powered by rings literally tattooed onto their bodies- they take ambient negative energy and turn it into constructs, blasts, etc. They can also make their targets feel negative emotions, bringing them to the forefront.
Jabroniville

The Phantom Lantern

Post by Jabroniville »

THE PHANTOM LANTERN (Frank Laminski)
Created By:
Sam Humphries & Ed Benes
First Appearance: Green Lanterns #8 (Dec. 2016)
Role: Wannabe GL, All Your Powers Combined Guy
Group Affiliations: N/A
PL 12 (212)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 5 (+6)
Expertise (Prison Guard) 2 (+3)
Expertise (Air Force) 2 (+3)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Perception 1 (+3)
Vehicles 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Startle

Powers:
"Yellow Sinestro Corps Ring" (Flaws: Removable) [153]
(Feats: Restricted- Those With Intimidation +10 or Higher)

"Red Powers"
"The Red Barf of Rage" Damage 12 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone, Penetrating 8, Secondary Effect) (Flaws: Side-Effect- Lowered Mental Stats) Linked to Weaken Toughness 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone, Affects Objects) Linked to Affliction 10 (Power; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (Flaws: Limited to Power Rings) (72) -- (121)
  • Dynamic AE: "Focused Barf" Blast 15 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 8) Linked to Weaken Toughness 10 (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects) Linked to Affliction 10 (Power; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Power Rings) (68)
  • Dynamic AE: "Line of Barf" Damage 12 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line, Penetrating 8, Secondary Effect) Linked to Weaken Toughness 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line, Affects Objects) Linked to Affliction 10 (Power; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Limited to Power Rings) (72)
  • Dynamic AE: "Thoughts of Rage" Mind-Reading 10 (Feats: Dynamic) (Flaws: Limited to Thoughts of Rage) (11)
  • AE: "Blood Portal" Movement 3 (Space Travel 3) (Extras: Portal +2, Instant Transfer) (15)
"Yellow/Green Powers"
  • Dynamic AE: Create 15 (Feats: Precise, Dynamic) (Extras: Impervious 13, Movable 12) (57) -- (88)
  • Dynamic AE: Blast 15 (Feats: Dynamic, Precise, Penetrating 8) (41)
  • Dynamic AE: "Multi-Blast" Blast 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 5) (Extras: Multiattack) (43)
  • Dynamic AE: "Area Blast" Damage 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 8) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (33)
  • Dynamic AE: "Area Blast" Damage 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 8) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (33)
  • Dynamic AE: Snare 14 (Feats: Dynamic, Reversible) (44)
  • Dynamic AE: Snare 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Reversible) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Touch Range) (38)
  • Dynamic AE: Move Object 16 (Feats: Dynamic) (33)
  • Dynamic AE: Immunity 7 (Heat, Cold, Pressure, Radiation, Vacuum, Suffocation 2) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Affects Others Only +0, 30ft. Burst, Ranged) (22)
  • Dynamic AE: "Boosted Field" Force Field 6 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Impervious 15, Affects Others 12) (35)
  • Dynamic AE: "Flashlight" Environment 1 (Light) (Feats: Dynamic) (2)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ring Sensors" Senses 7 (Feats: Dynamic) (Detect Energy & Life- Ranged 2 & Analytical, Communication Link- Central Power Battery) (12)
  • Dynamic AE: Communication (Electronic) 5 (Feats: Dynamic) (Flaws: Green Lanterns Only after 3 ranks) (19)
"Blue Powers"
  • AE: Transform 30 (Dying Star Into Living Blue Star) (Extras: Continuous) (Flaws: Distracting, Tiring, Check Required- Will) (15)
  • AE: "Hope Bolsters Will" Healing 10 (Extras: Tiring Only +0, Area- 250ft. Burst +4) (Flaws: Affects Others Only, Limited to Green Lanterns) (40)
  • AE: "Hope Springs Eternal" Enhanced Will Save 8 (Extras: Affects Others Only +0) (8)
  • AE: Healing 12 (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Source- Requires Green Lantern) (24)
  • AE: "Hope Supresses Fear & Hate" Affliction 12 (Blast Power; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (Flaws: Limited to Red & Yellow Power Rings) (36)
"Indigo Powers"
  • AE: Healing 8 (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Compassionate Beings) Linked to Senses 4 (Postcognition) (Flaws: Limited to Evil Acts) (18)
  • AE: "Interstellar Travel" Movement 1 (Space Travel +1) (Extras: Instantaneous, Portal +2) (Flaws: Tiring) (4)
"Violet Powers"
  • Dynamic AE: "Love's Violet Light" Affliction 12 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Love) (12)
  • Dynamic AE: "Disorienting Dust" Dazzle Visuals 8 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud) (Flaws: Limited to When Constructs are Destroyed) (16)
  • Dynamic AE: Healing 12 (Extras: Resurrection) (Flaws: Limited to When True Loves are Present, Distracting) (12)
  • Dynamic AE: "Invisibility" Concealment 2 (Vision) (4)
  • AE: "Love Halts Rage" Nullify 15 (Red Lantern Rings) (15)
Immunity 8 (Poison, Heat, Cold, Pressure, Vacuum, Radiation, Suffocation 2) (8)
Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (18)
Movement 3 (Space Travel 2, Environmental Adaptation- Zero Gravity) (6)
"Blue Thing" Immunity 1 (Disease) (Extras: Affects Others) (2)
Immunity 20 (Mental & Interaction Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect, Source- Rage) (7)
Immunity 2 (Orange Light of Avarice) (Flaws: Source- Love) (1)

"Standard Force Field" Force Field 6 (Extras: Impervious 7) (13)
"Universal Translator" Comprehend 4 (Languages 4) (8)
Enhanced Advantages 5: Equipment 5- Database (5)
Features 2: Quick Change 2 (2)
-- (191 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Blast +6 (+15 Ranged Damage, DC 30)
Multi-Blast +6 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Area Blasts +12 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Snare +6 (+14 Ranged Affliction, DC 24)
Area Snare +12 (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Red Barf of Rage +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Barf Blast +6 (+15 Ranged Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3 (+9 Standard Field, +15 Full Field, +4-11 Impervious), Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Reputation (Failure)
Involuntary Transformation (Emotions)- Frank is very unstable and can switch power sources at random, changing his entire personality to match whatever the dominant emotion is.
Side Effect (Over-Use)- The energies swirling around Frank can explode if they get over-used.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 153 / Defenses: 6 (212)

-Of course there'd be another guy who could control all the powers. Frank Laminski was a failed Air Force pilot, beset by a lack of belief in himself. When he saw Hal Jordan as GL, he was so envious he began training himself, tracking Hal's adventures, and more hoping to be someone Hal offered a ring. He took all kinds of dangerous jobs (guard at Arkham Asylum), but gave up all hope when a GL Ring arrived, said he could overcome great fear, then detected an "error" and was like "K- nevermind" and flew off. Depressed, he encountered Volthoom, the First Lantern, who offered him the "Phantom Ring", which could control the entire Emotional Spectrum. He was able to use his own Willpower to fuel GL-type powers, becoming a superhero, but was confronted by Simon Baz (who got the ring Frank wanted) and Jessica Cruz. Enraged, he suddenly became a Red Lantern, then wanted to keep his ring, turning Orange as well. He fought Baz & Cruz once more, but his emotional instability led him to gain different powers at different times. However, in the end, he felt Compassion, and therefore willingly gave up the ring. So the heroes apparently tied him up and beat him, then had him imprisoned in the Watchtower for being a dangerous dumbass I guess.

-Shoving all the various Corps' powers together (not including the Summon Orange Lantern stuff, because HONESTLY), the Phantom Lantern ends up a pricey PL 10-12 guy, but still very limited overall thanks to his terrible baseline stats.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

The Thunderers of Qward

Post by Jabroniville »

THE THUNDERERS OF QWARD
Created By:
Gil Kane & John Broome
First Appearance: Green Lantern #2 (Oct. 1960)
Role: Silver Age Mooks
Group Affiliations: Qward
PL 7 (71)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+6)
Expertise (Soldier) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 4 (+4)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Equipment (Shield), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Qwa-Bolts" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [10]
Blast 8 (16 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Qwa-Bolts +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (+7 Shield, DC 16-17), Parry +6 (+7 Shield, DC 16-17), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +2

Complications:
Responsibility (The Anti-Monitor)

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 7 (71)

-The Thunderers of Qward were an evil race of lightning-tossing Mooks created in 1960- Qward resides in the Anti-Matter Universe. They attempted to slow human technological advancement by attacking Ferris Aircraft, and were fought back by Hal Jordan and others. In the 1980s, it was revealed that they were actually the minions of the Anti-Monitor, the being responsible for the Crisis on Infinite Earths. One of the memorable bits in the series was when Barry Allen used Psycho-Pirate's mind control powers to run about at super-speed, emotion-wiping the guys to fight their boss. Thunderer after Thunderer screams "DEATH TO THE ANTI-MONITOR!" and actually slowly wear the guy down through a never-ending stream of "Qwa-Bolts".

-Thunderers are PL 7- exceptionally-high for Mooks, but are a bit more vulnerable (PL 5.5 defensively with their Shields). Just watch out when they get out in numbers and throw those lightning bolts from their quivers.
brothersale

Re: The Phantom Lantern

Post by brothersale »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:19 am
THE PHANTOM LANTERN (Frank Laminski)

Complications:
Power Loss (Intimidation)- Yellow Power Rings depend upon the Intimidation factor of their wielder. If they themselves fail against Intimidation, they will drop Constructs and Force Fields.
Power Loss (Out of Energy)- Power Rings must be recharged via their Lanterns occasionally, and will run out of power after extended use.
Power Loss (High Levels of Power)- Sinestro Corps members must pass Intimidation Checks to bring their power effects any higher than their natural Will Save +2 (in Hal's case, 14). This includes Blasts, Move Object & Force Fields.
Enemy (The Green Lantern Corps)- The Sinestro Corps was created specifically to fight the GLC.
The complications are a little off, the Phantom ring has no lantern (also not a Sinestro Corp member), but is really unstable and will shift Emotional Spectrum power source whenever the user feels even the slightest emotion, changing their users personality entirely to match that emotion and its perspective power source. Additionally over exposure can cause the user to explode like a bomb.
Jabroniville

Re: The Phantom Lantern

Post by Jabroniville »

brothersale wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:41 am The complications are a little off, the Phantom ring has no lantern (also not a Sinestro Corp member), but is really unstable and will shift Emotional Spectrum power source whenever the user feels even the slightest emotion, changing their users personality entirely to match that emotion and its perspective power source. Additionally over exposure can cause the user to explode like a bomb.
Ah, OK- fixed. Bios online for brand-new characters like this are always extremely sub-par, which is part of why I generally don't ever stat them.