Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

The Badoon

Post by Jabroniville »

BADOON SOLDIERS
Created By:
Stan Lee & John Buscema
First Appearance: The Silver Surfer #2 (Oct. 1968)
Role: Space Mooks, Reptilian Aliens
Group Affiliations: The Brotherhood of Badoon
PL 5 (47)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Space Soldiers) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+2)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Blasters +5 Multiattack, Rebreathers, Space Armour), Ranged Attack 1

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Blasters +5 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2 (+4 Body Armour), Fortitude +2, Will +0

Complications:
Responsibility (Skrull Empire)
Prejudice (Other Genders)- The Badoon are split along gender lines- the violent males and the pacifist females.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 3 (47)

-The Badoon are, at heart, Just Another Evil Space Empire, but they got a BIG push in the "Guardians of the Galaxy" stories, as they took over Earth in the future and were THE Big Empire of their day. I had thought that Marvel: Annihilation was leading towards a Badoon surge into the "main" timeline, because when you think about it, the big three Event Arcs dealth with the falls of each major empire- The Skrulls were demolished by The Inhumans and the Annihilation Wave after they failed against Earth, the Kree were nearly wiped-out by The Phalanx, and the Shi'ar had lost massive amounts of power by War of Kings, ultimately being taken over by the Inhuman-led Kree. That, plus various characters mentioning the Badoon in passing or as an insult, made me assume that THEY were going to be the new Big Thing, since all the other typical Empires (who had gotten REALLY tired by this point) were faltering. But once Abnett & Lanning were off the Cosmic Scene, it looks like the Badoon just got skipped over again.

-The Badoon debuted in the late 1960s in the Silver Surfer's book- they live in a hyper-segregated society, with the Brotherhood of the Badoon living in a male-dominated Moord, and the Sisterhood of the Badoon on their original homeworld of Lotiara. The males had won the "Gender Wars" over the weaker females and relegated them to captivity, where they became pacifists. Over the years, their expansionist policies took them to Zen Whoberi (Gamora's homeworld), Spartax (home of Star-Lord's father), and Polemachus (where Arkon lives). They have made attempts on Earth several times, being fought back by first the Silver Surfer, then Namor, then the New Warriors- the X-Men, Fantastic Four & Arkon combined to force them away from Polemachus. They controlled 37% of the Milky Way Galaxy by Annihilatoin, but were still considered a "minor species".

-In the original Guardians of the Galaxy's timeline, the Badoon rule Earth and the worlds around it by the year 3000. The Sisterhood helped liberate the galaxy in 3014. However, mainstream Marvel stories featuring the Badoon have warlike females, which means this origin has likely been forgotten or retconned.

-Badoon are here mainly to represent the "Baseline" Space Soldier- they're just like Skrulls, but lose all the Powers. Despite looking reptilian, I don't think they gain any real Reptile-based Powers.
Sidney369

Re: Jab’s Builds (Dr. Minerva! Ultimus! Shi’ar! The Phalanx!)

Post by Sidney369 »

Of course, the Spartoi and KingJ'Son are based off concepts from the original version of Starlord http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/jasonspa.htm before he was forcibly made part of the main Marvel universe.
Always ask before you use someone's Original Character.
Never ever use them without permission. Only Villains do that.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Dr. Minerva! Ultimus! Shi’ar! The Phalanx!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Sidney369 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:27 am Of course, the Spartoi and KingJ'Son are based off concepts from the original version of Starlord http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/jasonspa.htm before he was forcibly made part of the main Marvel universe.
Oh geez- that bio is a hundred times more complicated than I was expecting, haha. I had just read the Marvel Wiki version as it's the only one that popped up on a quick Google search.
Jabroniville

The Guardians of the Galaxy

Post by Jabroniville »

"Guardians of the Galaxy started out as an idea of mine: about super-guerrillas fighting against Russians and Red Chinese who had taken over and divided the USA. I got a sort of general approval out of [editor-in-chief] Stan [Lee] (I think), and gave the idea to Arnold Drake, since I had not time to write and research it. Arnold went in for a conference with Stan, and Stan (maybe Arnold, too) decided to change it to an interplanetary situation. All the characters and situations in Guardians were created by Arnold and/or Stan"
-Roy Thomas

THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY:

-The original GOTG are a team I've never really read in detail, and I never really had a desire to. They were around for fifteen YEARS before they ever got their own solo series, which is very strange- they debuted in a Marvel Super-Heroes title that was largely just for reprints, starting in 1969. By this point, Arnold Drake had written the book set in the 30th Century, where the Guardians are a squad of people from various homeworlds that were destroyed by a reptilian alien race called The Badoon. They included a block-shaped big guy named Charlie-27, a crystalline genius Martinex, a blue Native American stereotype named Yondu, and a weird "Cosmic Being" flying blaster dude named Starhawk.

Despite "strong sales", the book was not picked up- Marvel wasn't doing hot business in the 1970s for the most part, and this probably affected things. But Steve Gerber liked them enough to use them in Marvel Two-In-One in 1974, and they reappeared in next year's Defenders stuff, which made the characters a lot more popular. Most of these stories involved time travel- Captain America, The Thing & The Defenders had to pop into the future to help them out- things like that. Marvel Presents finally gave them a headline run in 1976, with Dave Cockrum redesigning the costumes so they looked a whole lot better (Cockrum may be the best EVER at costume designs). A human named Vance Astro joins the team, travelling from our time and being a Future Captain America, thus leading the team, and they're joined by a fire-haired girl named Nikki.

However, Gerber soon left the book (which was reimagined to have the GOTG fighting in the present) and was cancelled shortly thereafter due to low sales. They guest-starred in an Avengers arc titled The Korvac Saga, but were mostly an accessory to the Avengers' fight against Michael Korvac (a GOTG foe who had mutated from a cyborg into a cosmic being)- they acted like a bland bunch of bozos, except for Starhawk, who had some very annoying catchphrases, and acted like a tool- trust the word of ONE WHO KNOWS! Though that story was more or less Jim Shooter telling his favourite kind of story- "The ultra-wise, noble and mighty ruler who would have been GREAT... if ONLY the little people beneath him had simply accepted him and his rule!". He did this with Korvac AND The Beyonder- the insight into Jim Shooter's own personality here is priceless :).

After a handful of reappearances (usually in at least one comic per year), the GOTG are reimagined and their timeline is separated from the mainstream Marvel Earth's for good, and the Guardians disappeared for ten straight years.

The Guardians Return:
-The Guardians returned out of nowhere, getting their own series in 1990. Y'know, that era where EVERYTHING got its own series. You had Night Thrasher, Moon Knight, Darkhawk, Sleepwalker, Hellstorm, The Darkhold Redeemers, the NightStalkers and even frickin' TERROR INC. carrying their own books back then, so you know just about ANYTHING would be produced back then. Apparently Tom DeFalco wanted to reboot the team to take advantage of Star Trek: The Next Generation's popularity and do something like that, but Jim Valentino had been working on his own outline using the original characters, and Tom went with his idea instead. Jim apparently went for a "fun" book, contrary to the grim 'n' gritty comics that typified the era, but eventually left after twenty-nine issues to help form Image Comics as their resident "old man"- he had plotted another 21 issues, but was fired when it was discovered he was working for Image. Michael Gallagher (whom I've never even heard of) took over the remainder of the series. Gallagher & artist Kevin West did a long-running "Marvel Method" series, even spinning it off with Galactic Guardians in 1994 (a four-issue Limited Series featuring Martinex with some future versions of Marvel heroes).

So the book farted around for about five years, being cancelled with #61. I've yet to see ONE online fan raise a stink over how the "Guardians got screwed!", and I've seen fans for every possible kind of character! And yet... there's still a group that's CRAZY into them- fans who were OUTRAGED that the Guardians of the Galaxy film featured none of them but Yondu (who was himself greatly changed). Honestly, I couldn't possibly get into this group of weirdos. They're a bizarre assortment of ridiculous designs (some of which look VERY "Seventies" in origin) and even worse codenames (CHARLIE-27!?!?!), making for the dumbest-sounding super-hero team in history. Seriously, I've read people saying that Marvel Studios/Disney should have made the film based off of these douches! A movie featuring a big blocky guy, a girl with fire hair and Martinex? Sounds like a perfect plan to lose all the money ever. I know this triggers OG GOTG fans but I still say Charlie-27 would have killed that movie dead, even when it featured a talking tree & raccoon in its debut trailer.

The team would be "resurrected" slightly in modern times, with the current GOTG series featuring a modern-day cast of reasonably-cool characters that pays a bit of lip service to the original by including the book's main hero, Major Victory, for a time. And occasionally some guest appearances by the original team.

http://www.imagecomics.com/messageboard ... .php?t=144 (There was a LONG set of posts by series writer Jim Valentino about working on the book, which is considered a bit of a forgotten classic by a few... but the link is now dead)
Davies

Re: Jab’s Builds (The Phalanx! The Badoon! Guardians of the Galaxy!)

Post by Davies »

Charlie's name makes sense when you understand there's a trope of people in the future being given numbers instead of names, either completely or partially. Lucas' THX-1138, Cordwainer Smith's Instrumentality series, Gernsback's "Ralph 124C41+" ...

I won't say that I was disappointed when they weren't in the movie, but since I didn't really enjoy the movie -- and I did enjoy the series when it was coming out -- I think my opinion might have been improved if they were. <shrug>
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
drkrash

Re: Jab’s Builds (The Comet! Hangman! The Eraser! Brain Emperor!)

Post by drkrash »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:42 pm So I was going over some of the "Fighting Game Master List" in the Discord, and I've noticed some trends.

It looks like there are several "types" of 2D fighting games:
* MS DOS/PC fighters (stick figures/outlines/other primitive stuff)
* MS DOS/PC weapon-based fighters (like above, but with knights, samurais, etc.)
* Street Fighter knock-off (basic, often poorly done and primitive as it's the first set of real knockoffs. Often made the first generation of SNES games)
* SF knockoff, but more SNK-flavored (many Neo*Geo ones)
* Samurai Shodown knock-off (most are lacking character- coming on heels of SS1 but again, primitive)
* Mech Fighter (much rarer- way harder to draw)
* MK knockoff (mannnnnnny games on the heels of MK. Often very DIY or otherwise terrible)
* Waifu Fighters (all female casts, often in sexy outfits)
* Shitty anime doujin (ie. unauthorized knockoff) games. Often Waifu Fighter.
* Generic McAnime Fighting Game (often post-2000. Advanced-ish graphics but the cast is hopelessly generic, with all the modern anime tropes)
* Guilty Gear knockoffs (obviously more recent- emphasis on air-dashing and wild costumes. Often Generic McAnime style)
* Smash Brothers knockoffs (HudsonSoft, Cartoon Network, etc. all getting in on the "massed combat button-masher" genre)
* Cheap Phone Game Fighters

With stuff like this, it's no wonder that things like ClayFighter and Primal Rage stood out.
Just got back from vacation, so I'm 10 pages behind. I think these are fair categories, though I also think some of these could be practically compressed with no problem. I'd also say that of the 13 categories you have here, I basically avoid 5 of them. All of them except Smash can be easily handled in Fight!.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
drkrash

Re: Fighting Game Master List

Post by drkrash »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:14 am Okay, so here's the ridiculously huge "Master List" of Fighting Games, just to have it down officially. Not that I'll ever do all of them:
(and yes, I failed to add most 3D fighting games, as they were on a different list. I'll add those later)
If I was a request-making man, these are the ones I'd be most interested in:

ARCANNA HEART series - Examu- Waifu games. (This series, while waifu, has an interesting mechanic that I'm surprised hasn't been used more)
ASUKA 120% series- Waifu fighter from mid-90s. (I own only one of these and would like to learn more)
BATTLE FANTASIA- Arc System Works- Cutesy style anime fighter. (This is a fun fantasy fighter)
BLADE STRANGERS- Studio Saizensen / Nicalis- PS4-era Generic McAnime game. (Still on my list to pick up - want to know more)
BLAZBLUE series - Arc System Works- Guilty Gear style anime fighter. (So someone can explain it to me. Plus, some of the character designs are awesome)
CRITICAL BLOW- Really bad 3D fighter. (This was an interesting game; the first full anime story mode I ever saw)
CHAOS CODE– FK Digital pty ltd.- Generic-looking anime fighter. (This is a *great* game for people looking for 90s nostalgia)
DAEMON BRIDE series - Examu- Another anime-style one. (Never played it, but have been in love with its opening video and want to play it)
DEAD OR ALIVE- Legendary titty game. (Yes, it's a titty game, but it's also a solid engine with a few excellent character designs - and one of the best fighting game-to-movie attempts)
GUILTY GEAR- Arc System Works- Wild heavy metal fighting game. (Great game, popular, lots of great characters. New version out now.)
MELTY BLOOD series - Type-Moon / French-Bread / Ecole Software- Anime-style adaptation fighter. (Can't keep track of the characters but would like to know what the hell is going on in it)
RED EARTH/WARZARD- Capcom (Fantastic character designs. Shocked a version never made it to America.)
SENGOKU BASARA X - Capcom / Arc System Works- Flamboyant Shodown-style fighter. (Great art and cool special moves)
SKULLGIRLS - Lab Zero Games- Gothloli mobile game. (Not a huge fan myself, but I know there's plenty of behind-the-scenes drama you could talk about)
SNK GALS FIGHTERS- SNK- Combines various female fighters. (Mostly to read you rant about how stupid it is. :))
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH- Type-Moon / French-Bread / Ecole Software- 2012 Guilty Gear knockoff. Very anime. (I *love* this game and its setting)
VS.- (A crap game but a different story style than many others)
VARIABLE GEO series - TGL / Giga- Sexy female waitress fighting game. (In the 90s, I could never find a copy of this game for under $60 (which was way too much for me back then. It appears to be a better game than Asuka, though the story premise is...unfortunate)
drkrash

Re: The Micronauts

Post by drkrash »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:36 am

THE MICRONAUTS:
I have the first dozen or so issues of the comic, maybe more. I never loved it, but I bought it because I *adored* the toys. I don't think I have them anymore though.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Davies wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:32 am Charlie's name makes sense when you understand there's a trope of people in the future being given numbers instead of names, either completely or partially. Lucas' THX-1138, Cordwainer Smith's Instrumentality series, Gernsback's "Ralph 124C41+" ...

I won't say that I was disappointed when they weren't in the movie, but since I didn't really enjoy the movie -- and I did enjoy the series when it was coming out -- I think my opinion might have been improved if they were. <shrug>
I think Charlie-27's name was explained in the book.

I was disappointed they did not show up in the movie. However, GoTG Part 2 did have the characters, but they only remotely resembled these guys.
Orbiter

Post by Orbiter »

Goldar wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:44 pm I was disappointed they did not show up in the movie. However, GoTG Part 2 did have the characters, but they only remotely resembled these guys.
As in, me reading the credits and saying "What? Those were ... but wait, they don't exist yet ... Starhawk? THAT GUY was, was STARHAWK?". Confession, to me Starhawk is their Black Bolt; ie, cool guy who makes me look forward to the groups appearances by him with the okay-but-kinda-dull-other-guys.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Orbiter wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:41 pm
Goldar wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:44 pm I was disappointed they did not show up in the movie. However, GoTG Part 2 did have the characters, but they only remotely resembled these guys.
As in, me reading the credits and saying "What? Those were ... but wait, they don't exist yet ... Starhawk? THAT GUY was, was STARHAWK?". Confession, to me Starhawk is their Black Bolt; ie, cool guy who makes me look forward to the groups appearances by him with the okay-but-kinda-dull-other-guys.
Yes!! LOL, you got exactly what I meant!

Charlie was a little more recognizable at the end but I was not sure if it was really him, I heard the name "Starkar" in the movie and I was like, "To whom are they speaking? Is he in space flying around??", Martinex I was like...."What is he? He looks like a melted version of Martinex!", and Nikki----I think she was supposed to be the Lady Ravager in charge of her Lady Troops with short black (non-fire) hair. WT#!!?!
Jabroniville

Charlie-27

Post by Jabroniville »

CHARLIE-27
Created By:
Arnold Drake & Gene Colan
First Appearance: Marvel Super-Heroes #18 (Jan. 1969)
Role: The Powerhouse, The Military Guy
Group Affiliations: The Guardians of the Galaxy
PL 9 (134)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Space Soldier) 8 (+10)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Technology 3 (+5)
Vehicles 6 (+8)
Vehicles 6 (+14) -- Flaws: Limited to Flying Vehicles

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Equipment 12 (Guns +6, "The Captain America I" Spaceship), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Gun), Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Ranged Attack 8, Teamwork

Powers:
"Jovian Biology"
Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 5) [6]
Features 3: Increased Mass 3 [3]

Equipment:
"Blasters" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Blasters +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +8, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (The Last Jovian Alive)- Charlie-27 is the sole-survivor of his race.
Relationship (Nikki)
Enemy (The Badoon)- The Badoon exterminated Charlie's people.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 28 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 12 (134)

-Charlie-27 would probably win any contest I can think of for "The Worst Super-Hero Name Ever". I mean, what kind of super-hero has a NUMBER in their name, let alone CHARLIE? Were they even trying? So this guy is a super-dense army guy from Jupiter, acting as the team's resident powerhouse & gun-fighter, and he looks ridiculous as all hell, being a big square dude. I can see him being the "Ironhide" of a group, being a gruff & tough guy, but altogether, I think you can point to THIS precise character as the reason why the "Guardians of the Galaxy" has now come to mean the modern team and not the old one. Charlie was super-dense because of Jupiter's higher gravity, and eventually fell for the team's first female member, Nikki.

-I've read some comments by a fan of the original team that you could easily make the old team a cool group with some modern modifications, and I agree- Charlie-27 could just get his "Old Soldier" persona shifted into a bad-ass Brock Samson-type of character who kicks tons of ass and kills people while being funny and sarcastic. That would make "Charlie-27" a popular character and get him more "legit". The only problem is, YOU COULD DO THAT WITH ANY CHARACTER EVER. The whole "There are no bad characters, just bad writers/actors" thing extends everywhere, and with the new team, there's a whole lot less work. Like, you could make the talking raccoon and the tree cool characters and memes more easily than the big square dude.

-Charlie-27 is a standard PL 9 who can brawl it out with guys like The Thing for a short while, as well as blast away at range fairly well. I decided to give him the Equipment points for the Guardians' spaceship, since he's the only one who ever flew the damn thing, as well as a bunch of military-related Skills & Advantages. Altogether, he's not bad, but this whole team kinda stats out funny, with three semi-balanced PL 9s, an over-costed PL 9, and a slightly over-costed PL 10 so far.
Jabroniville

Martinex

Post by Jabroniville »

MARTINEX (Martinex T'Naga)
Created By:
Arnold Drake & Gene Colan
First Appearance: Marvel Super-Heroes #18 (Jan. 1969)
Role: The Science Guy
Group Affiliations: The Guardians of the Galaxy
PL 9 (145)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Science) 8 (+13)
Expertise (Space Hero) 4 (+9)
Technology 9 (+14)
Perception 3 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Great Endurance, Equipment (Tech Gear), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 6, Skill Mastery 2 (Science, Technology), Teamwork

Powers:
"Pluvian Biology"
"Silicon Coating" Protection 6 [6]
Immunity 10 (Heat & Cold Damage) [10]

"Infrared Heat Energy" Blast 9 (Feats: Penetrating 9) (27) -- [30]
  • AE: "Internal Heating" Blast 9 (Extras: Fortitude Save +0) (18)
  • AE: "Reducing Thermal Energy" Environment 3 (Cold) (6)
  • AE: "Ice Beam" Snare 9 (27)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Infra-Blast +8 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Internal Heating +8 (+9 Ranged Fortitude Damage, DC 24)
Snare +8 (+9 Ranged Affliction, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +11, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (The Last Pluvian Alive)- Martinex is the sole survivor of his race.
Enemy (The Badoon)- The Badoon exterminated Martinex's people.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 8 (145)

-Martinex is pretty dull, but puts a whole bunch of concepts together into one build; he's a semi-armored guy with Hot & Cold powers from his hands (wow! Another guy like that! Between Crux and the other buncha guys I've learned about while doing this thread, that's actually a pretty sizeable amount of guys that have both powers! And here I thought it was rare!) who's also the team's resident techno-genius. Martinex hails from Pluto, from a variant of humans genetically-engineered to live on the ice planet. When the Badoon exterminated his entire race (he was on Charon, Pluto's Moon), he joined the Guardians to fight against them. He pretty much just acted as the team's least-emotional member- also a tech-head- before his crystalline outer shell was shattered while fighting some people called "Force". His revealed a newer, spiffier crystalline form, and formed a new Guardians team called The Galactic Guardians, with future versions of characters like Wonder Man, Firelord, The Vision, Phoenix & Ghost Rider- they even got their own Limited Series!

-Martinex is a bit expensive for a PL 9 because of all his various powers. Not alot of "Brick" types end up getting a bunch of Ranged Powers on top of it, in addition to being a genius and having a bunch of Skills. What ends up happening is that he's pretty mediocre despite it all, having a Blast variant and it's Alt-Effects, but not a lot to do with it. The Infrared quality of it allows him to heat things (and people) up from the inside, which is quite powerful, but he lacks Improved Critical, Power Attack and various other Blaster effects, and he's not good enough in melee to get the most out of his Super-Strength either.
Sidney369

Post by Sidney369 »

Charlie-27 isn't a codename, it's his real name. His parents are Charlie-26 and Mabel-17.
Always ask before you use someone's Original Character.
Never ever use them without permission. Only Villains do that.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Sidney369 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:52 am Charlie-27 isn't a codename, it's his real name. His parents are Charlie-26 and Mabel-17.
True. Charlie is the 27th person with that name. It was a Jovian naming thing.