Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Builds! (R.Mika! SF III- Alex! Elena! Dudley! Oro!)

Post by Spectrum »

I've been following along with the builds here and tvtropes. Evidently, Oro's character doesn't have two 'sides' so depending on which way he's facing, the wrapped arm changes.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Elena's ready stance is a pretty accurate capoeira stance.

And Oro didn't lose his arm; Guilty Gear's Baiken lost her arm.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Spectrum wrote:I've been following along with the builds here and tvtropes. Evidently, Oro's character doesn't have two 'sides' so depending on which way he's facing, the wrapped arm changes.
Huh. That's odd. A large number (most?) of the SF III designs were asymetrical specifically because the new graphics engine meant they didn't have to mirror sprites to save memory (which was why weird things happen in early 2D games like swords switching hands or Kano's cyborg eye switching sides). That's why Gill was two-colored for one. So it seems odd that they'd mirror that guy.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

On another topic, while still referencing Jab`s builds, I was spelunking for a good representation of Captain Universe and found the one on the old think tank... the old, old tank...

That one's an awesome template...
Jabroniville wrote: CAPTAIN UNIVERSE
Created By
: Bill Mantlo & Michael Golden
First Appearance: Micronauts #8 (Aug. 1979)
Role: Uber-Powered Template
PL 15 (129 +xx)

Skills:
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Science) 10 (+18)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Technology 10 (+18)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit (Avatar of Oblivion), Improved Critical (Weapons), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Startle

Powers:
Enhanced Strength xx (to 18) [xx]
Enhanced Stamina xx (to 18) [xx]

"Imbued With The Power Cosmic"
Impervious Toughness 15 [15]
Immunity 12 (Aging, Sleep, Life Support) [12]
"Immune to the Ravages of Space" Immunity 2 (Proximity to Stars & Suns) [2]

"Cosmic Mind"
"Uni-Vision" Senses 12 (Microscopic Vision 4, Extended Vision 4, Vision Penetrates Concealment 4) [12]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Space) [2]
Senses 1 (Danger Sense) [1]

"Molecular Rearrangement" Transform (Anything to Anything) 13 (Extras: Continuous) (78) -- [85]

AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 18 (Extras: Perception Ranged on 15 Ranks) (51)
AE: Cosmic Blast 20 (Feats: Extended Range 2, Penetrating 5) (47)
AE: "Cosmic Explosion" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
AE: "Cosmic Beam" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (45)
AE: "Cosmic Wave" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (45)
AE: "Uni-Hypnosis" Affliction 12 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Area- Visual Perception, Selective, Cumulative) (48)
AE: "Transform Others" Affliction 12 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Transformed) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (36)
Flight 15 (64,000 mph) [30]
Movement 3 (Space Travel 2, Dimensional Travel) [6]

Offense:

Unarmed +xx (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Cosmic Blast +xx (+20 Ranged Damage, DC 35)
Cosmic Area Attacks +15 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +xx

Defenses:
Dodge & Parry (and other defenses) vary with the Host, Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious)

Complications:

Power Loss (Uni-Power)- The Uni-Power is sentient, and will leave it's host if the host begins using it's powers for evil, such as the committing of crimes.

Total: Abilities: 0 / Skills: 40--0 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 129 +xx / Defenses: 0 (129 +xx)

-Captain Universe and the Uni-Power were intially brought to the Marvel Universe because Bill Mantlo & Jim Shooter wanted to find a way to tie their "Micronauts" toy-based universe in with the Marvel Universe as a whole. As such, this Cosmic Power ended up bestowing itself onto various individuals, generally civilians. It even got used in a special comic where people could pay to put THEMSELVES into the role (stock stories which would add different skin and hair to Captain Universe)! This was mainly used in the 1980s, as the concept had fallen by the wayside seriously by even 1990, with it's biggest showing coming in the Spider-Man books, where he temporarily flew around with Phenomenal Cosmic Power in a pretty fun little gimmick. One of these guys earned my eternal adoration by one-shotting Deathclaw when she turned on him (she was so hated that the writers basically had her go mad and try to murder a teammate for no reason, only to die easily), but he perished to the Annihilation Wave soon afterwards.

-The Uni-Power makes the wearer a PL 15 at minimum, and cranks their existing powers up as well. When Spider-Man wielded the Uni-Power, he was the most powerful super-hero on Earth for a good chunk of time, and easily threw Terminus into space with help from Quasar. In effect, the Uni-Power makes you as tough as a Herald of Galactus, even if you're a baseline human. A great fighter like Spider-Man or another established super-hero can REALLY use the power with their higher accuracy to bust some heads.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:Image

Be entranced by the animated gif of Elena's Fighting Stance.
I'm reminded of the idle animations from Jetset Radio characters, she just looks like she's grooving, not about to kick someone's ass. Suppose that's the beauty of it, eh?
Exactly as the slaves who created Capoeira intended ;)
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Good lord, already at 14 pages. Simply amazing.
Grats on the new home. I'll be stopping in from time to time reading, lurking, y'know the usual. LOL
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Spectrum wrote:
Ares wrote:Likewise, no outright sex or nudity, but fanservice images aren't immediately objectionable so long as it's limited to a few per page. If a thread becomes nothing but fanservice, then it'll probably get closed down.
Oh no! How will Jab survive?
Simple! Only one or two sexy ladies per page! With fifteen posts per page, that'll be... crap. OK, everyone make sure to comment at least EIGHT TIMES after each attractive lady!
Sidious wrote:Good lord, already at 14 pages. Simply amazing.
Grats on the new home. I'll be stopping in from time to time reading, lurking, y'know the usual. LOL
SIDIOUS!!! Good to see you, man :)! I've checked posts from like eight friggin' years ago and found you commenting on them! I was all "jeez, I used to see that dude all the time; where's he been?" but then you'll randomly pop up again. Nice to see you've still been paying attention :).

And I'm only up to 14 pages because I decided I wanted all the Street Fighter builds to be continuous, and to give me a day or two off from doing new builds in the chaos surrounding... the stuff that went down.
Jabroniville

Yun & Yang

Post by Jabroniville »

YUN (Yun Lee)
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Street Fighter III (1997)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter III- All Games, Super & Ultra Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter Alpha 3- Upper & Max, Capcom (vs) SNK 2, Capcom Fighting Evolution
Home Country: Hong Kong/China
Role: The Kid Hero, Head-Swap (of Yang), Totally Radical Dude, The Outgoing Twin
Vague Martial Art Basis: Chinese Kenpo
PL 9 (126)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 9 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 6 (+14)
Deception 1 (+4)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 7 (+7)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 6 (+6)
Insight 3 (+4)
Investigation 3 (+4)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Stealth 1 (+6)
Vehicles 4 (+6) -- Flaws: Limited to Skateboards

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Daze (Agile Feint), Defensive Attack, Defensive Strike (Kobokushi), Evasion, Fascinate (Acrobatics), Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Lunge Punch), Improved Initiative, Luck, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Martial Arts Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Special Moves"
"Roll Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Projectile-Firing Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) & Enhanced Dodge 1 (3) -- [5]
  • AE: "Lunge Punch/Shoulder Charge" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) & Speed 1 (Flaws: Limited to Short Bursts) (1.5)
  • AE: "Tenshin- Flip Over Opponent" Affliction 5 (Agility; Vulnerable/Defenseless) (Feats: +2 if Opponent Parried Last Turn) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (Inaccurate -1) (2.5)
Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (+14 Roll Kick, DC 23-24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)- The Lee Brothers want to help Chun-Li take down Gill and S.I.N. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.
Relationship (Chun-Li, Lee, Gen)- The Lees are relatives of Lee from "SF I", and view both him, Chun-Li & Gen as mentor-figures.
Weakness (Predictability)- The Lee Brothers, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 12 + 12 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 22 (126)

YANG (Yang Lee)
Created By:
Unknown
Game Appearances: Street Fighter III- All Games, Super & Ultra Street Fighter IV
Home Country: Hong Kong/China
Role: The Kid Hero, Head-Swap (of Yun), The Reserved Twin
Vague Martial Art Basis: Chinese Kenpo
PL 9 (131)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 9 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 6 (+14)
Deception 1 (+2)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 7 (+7)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 6 (+6)
Insight 3 (+4)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+3)
Stealth 1 (+6)
Vehicles 4 (+6) -- Flaws: Limited to Skateboards

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Daze (Agile Feint), Defensive Attack, Evasion, Fascinate (Acrobatics), Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Lunge Punch), Improved Initiative, Luck, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Martial Arts Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Pleasant Trot" Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]

"Special Moves"
"Praying Mantis Slash" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Multiattack 5) (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 1) (Inaccurate -1) Linked to Affliction 3 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (7) -- [9]
  • AE: "Tenshin- Flip Over Opponent" Affliction 5 (Agility; Vulnerable/Defenseless) (Feats: +2 if Opponent Parried Last Turn) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (Inaccurate -1) (2.5)
  • AE: "Roll Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Projectile-Firing Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) & Enhanced Dodge 1 (3)
Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)- The Lee Brothers want to help Chun-Li take down Gill and S.I.N. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.
Relationship (Chun-Li, Lee, Gen)- The Lees are relatives of Lee from "SF I", and view both him, Chun-Li & Gen as mentor-figures.
Weakness (Predictability)- The Lee Brothers, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 12 + 12 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 22 (131)

-The Lee Twins are relatively good designs for Street Fighter III, being in the classic martial artist style, having decent-looking moves, and doing the "head swap" thing without over-doing it, Shotoclone or Lin Kuei Ninja-style. Unfortunately, they lose heavy points from me for basically copycatting two other designs from another series- Yun looks like Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing (the one with all the pretty-boys, and the resulting obsessive teen girl fandom), and is more outgoing, while Yang is shy and reserved, being based off of Trowa Barton from the same show. They were quite popular in SF III (they were designed to be popular with girls, which should be obvious from the Duo/Trowa thing), as they made a few other games, including one of the many Alpha versions out there, and even SF IV.

-I do like the "Kung Fu Outfit" design, though. Colorful enough to seem new and unique, while also semi-traditional. Yun has proven to be MUCH more popular, and shows up in side-games that only feature one of the brothers- It's probably his "fun" style, which is easily showcased by his baseball cap. Fans also get a kick out of his relationship with Hoimei, who abuses him terribly in the typical Japanese anime "tsundere"-style relationship.

-Fighting Styles: Yun & Yang are small, athletic fighters who focus on agility, defense, and Agile Feints. Most of their moves are quick and dash-based, including one from Yun that actually PUNISHES Projectile-Users, being capable of sliding under it and delivering a leaping kick! Yang, by contrast, focuses on a "Rekka Ken"-style Multiattack move. Curiously, they're among the Street Fighter characters who lack much anything resembling "Super-Unrealistic" moves- no spinning things, no Fireballs, no Flaming What-Have-Yous- nuthin' except for Yang's "Praying Mantis Slash" which seems to have some Chi after-effects. They're good at dashing, but don't QUITE hit full PL 9 status yet- they're still young, and have a ways to go (the fluff states they're still kind of in training). Fundamentally, their moves are similar enough (all a mix of dashing and striking) that when translated to M&M stats, they're similar characters but with different names for things- Yang is smarter but less charismatic, and that's about it.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote:
Spectrum wrote:
Ares wrote:Likewise, no outright sex or nudity, but fanservice images aren't immediately objectionable so long as it's limited to a few per page. If a thread becomes nothing but fanservice, then it'll probably get closed down.
Oh no! How will Jab survive?
Simple! Only one or two sexy ladies per page! With fifteen posts per page, that'll be... crap. OK, everyone make sure to comment at least EIGHT TIMES after each attractive lady!
To clarify, everything seen in this thread so far is fine. The pages with Cammy and Chun-Li where there were a half-dozen images of them, some more fanservice than others? Perfectly fine. It's only when we get pages of nothing but fanservice or the art pushes the limits of what's allowed that it'll be a problem.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ares wrote: To clarify, everything seen in this thread so far is fine. The pages with Cammy and Chun-Li where there were a half-dozen images of them, some more fanservice than others? Perfectly fine. It's only when we get pages of nothing but fanservice or the art pushes the limits of what's allowed that it'll be a problem.
Just do us (okay: me) a favor and issue requests to edit posts and/or warnings before you drop the Ban Hammer. ;)
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Sean Matsuda

Post by Jabroniville »

SEAN MATSUDA
Created By:
Unknown
Game Appearances: Street Fighter III- All Games
Home Country: Brazil
Role: Shotoclone, Trainee Character, Not Too Foreign Guy (Half-Japanese)
Vague Martial Art Basis: Karate (Kyokushinkai-style) & Judo
PL 7 (112)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 7 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+11)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 6 (+6)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 5 (+5)
Expertise (Sports) 6 (+8)
Insight 1 (+3)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Fireball) 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Evasion, Ranged Attack 3, Taunt

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Martial Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Special Moves"
"Tatsumaki- Spinning Triple-Kick" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliction 4 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (7) -- [10]
  • AE: "Hado-Burst" Blast 7 (Flaws: Tiring) (Diminished Range -1) (6)
  • AE: "Dragon Smash" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Ryuubi Kyaku- Wheel Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Dragon Smash +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Hado-Burst +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications: 
Motivation (Being Trained by Ken)- Sean wants to be trained by his idol, Ken Masters, though Ken doesn't appear to be interested. To get his training, he must beat the $#!& out of people.
Relationship (Laura- Sister)- Sean has now been eclipsed by his sister Laura, a martial arts master in her own right.
Weakness (Predictability)- Sean, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 6 + 13 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 13 (112)

-Aw, poor Sean. I was totally ready to be into this kid- the young trainee of Ken Masters himself in Street Fighter III... but it turns out he was just a wannabe and a Joke Character, not meant to be taken seriously. He was, like Alex, badly damaged by the fact that he was initially supposed to play a major role, but was knocked down because Ken & Ryu were included in the game after all. Just thing- Sean would have been the ONLY Shotoclone in this game if that happened! He was apparently Top Tier in SF III: 2nd Impact thanks to some quirks, but in-story, he was just another Sakura, chasing down an uninterested Ken to train him. Apparently all his storylines involve him getting the crap beaten out of him, too. And just think- if Ken & Ryu hadn't been included in SF III (which was the -VERY misguided- plan), he would've been the sole Shotoclone, and a pretty solid fighter in-story, I'd bet.

-Fighting Style: Sean could really be a PL 7 given some of the fluff- it's a bit tough to say- you'd THINK a major contender in one of the games would be of a higher level, but the story is that he's a Wannabe Ken who isn't very good. He's one of the few guys with a Super Art statted in, as it's a Blast that he ordinarily cannot possess otherwise. His other moves are just low-level versions of the "Shotoclone" style- weaker versions of the Dragon Punch and Hurricane Kick, plus a Wheel Kick. Sean's athletic, in great shape, and has some kid-level attributes (Pop Culture, Sports), but he's sub-standard compared to any real World Warrior.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Jab's Builds! (SF III- Alex! Elena! Dudley! Oro! Yun & Yang!)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm curious, Jab, you keep using the word "shotoclone" for these huilds. What does that actually mean?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:I'm curious, Jab, you keep using the word "shotoclone" for these huilds. What does that actually mean?
The "similar to Ken and Ryu" characters. Often in appearance, but also frequently in terms of moveset only (Sagat could be considered one, for instance, as well as Kyo, Yori, Terry and others from SNK games).

I assume the term comes from the Street Fighter RPG (and possibly also from old Capcom official stuff?) characterizing Ken and Ryu's style as Karate Shotokan.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, their style was originally called "Shotokan Karate" in the fandom (possibly because of the White Wolf RPG), and so every guy copying the style came to be called a "Shotoclone". It became a really common fan-term, the way comic fans use "Flying Brick" or "Speedster" to indicate certain types.

Other Fighting Game Archetypes include Mighty Glacier (slow but strong) and SNK Boss (a boss that's above and beyond difficult- named for SNK's various games using that type again and again).
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ahh, I see, thank you for the clarification. I was curious on "SNK Boss" as well, but hadn't thought to ask at the time.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."