Jab’s Builds! (Whomp 'Em! Plumbers Don't Wear Ties! ToeJam & Earl!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
kirinke

Re: Jab’s Builds (Prof. Pyg! Poison Ivy! Harley Quinn!)

Post by kirinke »

Or she could be a very naughty girl with multiple escapes. Lol.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Arcae

Post by Arcae »

I firmly believe Bruce has some sort of villainess fetish. I mean, it's one thing to have a romance with a criminal with Selina, it's another to have two such romance with Talia in the mix, not to mention his occasional flirtarions with Ivy or more rarely Harley. I mean, you can't really blame him when you look at them, but still.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Shock wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:29 am This is why "everything must be in continuity" becomes such a problem.
This is admittedly a problem (especially now), but man, I really, really miss the days when editors actually worked to make everything fit in continuity. I think part of the appeal of these characters over the decades definitely comes from their shared worlds, not just the characters themselves in isolated stories.

I would accept the loss of a lot of things in contemporary comics to go back to those days and I wish there was one of the smaller companies that still enforces continuity that I actually liked enough to follow.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Arcae

Post by Arcae »

drkrash wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:58 am
Shock wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:29 am This is why "everything must be in continuity" becomes such a problem.
This is admittedly a problem (especially now), but man, I really, really miss the days when editors actually worked to make everything fit in continuity. I think part of the appeal of these characters over the decades definitely comes from their shared worlds, not just the characters themselves in isolated stories.

I would accept the loss of a lot of things in contemporary comics to go back to those days and I wish there was one of the smaller companies that still enforces continuity that I actually liked enough to follow.
At least I can keep track of Marvel continuity without much problem. But with DC and their countless reboots, you don't know what has and hasn't happened, tough it's not helped by the fact that DC nerds seems much less interested in recording everything than Marvel.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Arcae wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:43 am At least I can keep track of Marvel continuity without much problem. But with DC and their countless reboots, you don't know what has and hasn't happened, tough it's not helped by the fact that DC nerds seems much less interested in recording everything than Marvel.
Though Marvel continuity is pretty much nonexistent these days. Cap was on the run from the government at the same time that he was fighting Knull at the same time that he was challenged to be the new Phoenix.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Shock wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:29 am
Sidney369 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:52 am There has to be multiple Harley Quinns. It's the only way to explain how in the same month, she could be: 1) locke up in Arkham in a Bat-title, 2) locked up in Belle Reve in the Suicie Squad, and 3) living in her own apartment in Brooklyn in her own book.
This is why "everything must be in continuity" becomes such a problem.
Ah, that used to be a slow month for Wolverine. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Silver St. Cloud

Post by Jabroniville »

SILVER ST. CLOUD
Created By:
Steve Englehart & Walter Simonson
First Appearance: Detective Comics #470
Role: Temporary Love Interest
Group Affiliations: None

-One of Bruce Wayne's MANY love interests who vanished over the years, Silver St. Cloud holds a distinction for pretty quickly figuring out his secret identity on her own. She was from the upper class like Bruce, but ultimately felt she could not live with the constant fear of losing him- she left Gotham as a result. She returned engaged to a U.S. Senator, but left him for Bruce after a quarrel involving the Scarecrow made her realize her feelings. Batman pulled a "Rick Blaine" in trying to convince Silver to go back to her fiancée after he lost an arm and a leg trying to save her from the Joker. However, she was furious at being "loaned out" because he "needed" her. In Kevin Smith's Batman: The Widening Gyre, the writer re-trod his old ground of "The old love interest shows up, and is murdered", as she is killed by Onomatopoeia, who has revealed his villainous identity after pretending to be the heroic Baphomet.
Jabroniville

Onomatopoeia

Post by Jabroniville »

ONOMATOPOEIA (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Kevin Smith & Phil Hester
First Appearance: Green Arrow #12 (March 2002)
Role: Crazy Killer
PL 9 (124)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+8)
Deception 9 (+12)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+7)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Equipment 4 (Sniper Rifle +6, Twin Handguns +5, Knife +1), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Handguns), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Uncanny Dodge

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Knife +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Handguns +13 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Sniper Rifle +12 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Secret (Serial Killer of Super-Heroes)- Onomatopoeia kills for reasons known only to himself, keeping the secret hidden from his family.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 16 (124)

-Created for Kevin Smith's popular resurrection of Oliver "Green Arrrow" Queen. Onomatopoeia (named for the sound effects he's always flatly stating during his crimes- he repeatedly states things like "Bang.") is a masked killer perhaps fitting the "Batman" vibe a bit better, which is part of why he kind of shifted over to the Bat-Verse. I mean, if the Green Arrow writers who followed Smith weren't gonna use him, then why not? Smith chose the name and concept because it could only work on a comic panel and not in a movie- a medium-distinctive thing.

-So in Smith's Green Arrow, this trenchcoat-wearing masked killer executes various non-powered superheroes (all minor, never-before-seen people), imitating noises he hears around him. Finally, in the book's climax, he mortally wounds Connor Hawke (Oliver's son and replacement Green Arrow), and is held hostage by an enraged Oliver during Connor's surgery, holding an nocked arrow against the villain's head for the entire procedure, stating that if Connor doesn't live, neither will Onomatopoeia. However, the villain manages to escape in the end. Then, strangely, the villain isn't touched (aside from background shots as part of Alexander Luthor's "Secret Society" during Infinite Crisis) until Smith returns to DC six years after Green Arrow for some Batman work. Onomatopoeia frees the Joker to set off a gang war against Maxie Zeus, then shoots him to cover his escape- Batman is forced to choose between stopping Onomatopoeia and saving the Joker, and chooses the latter. This book reveals that Onomatopoeia has a secret, normal life as a loving husband and father, his family not knowing about his double life.

-In another Smith run, Onomatopoeia disguises himself as Baphomet, a new vigilante who is working with Batman. He gains Batman's trust so completely that Bruce unmasks in front of the villain after bringing him to the Batcave- the book ends on a cliffhanger with Bruce placing his Utility Belt on a table with a "Ka-Klak", only to hear "KA-KLAK" echoed by the villain- a horrified Bruce turns around to see Onomatopoeia slitting the throat of a mutual ally, Bruce's girlfriend Silver St. Cloud. Then of course the book stops because Smith is too busy, and seven years later we've never seen it again. This is all simply ignored when he shows up in the "New 52". Here, he's a foe of the Teen Titans, defeated by Damian Wayne. Overall, he seems like a perfectly-acceptable, dangerous villain with a unique gimmick, with an unreal survivability and craftiness that makes him dangerous. I don't really like the "Baphomet" tale because it seems unlikely, but the rest makes for a foe that's actually threatening.

-Onomatopoeia is a dangerous fighter, but in a straight fight against most super-heroes, tends to lose pretty handily. He needs to get the jump on people to be truly dangerous, and as he's a top-tier marksman, this still makes him trouble. His Deception has to be pretty huge to pull off such a long-term ruse against BATMAN of all people, but it's one of those bizarre things in comics where you can make like 900 Deception checks in a row without harm as long as long as it fits the story. He is also exceptionally tough- he is shot by six arrows from Oliver Queen and manages to run away on his own- he catches one flung arrow using only his teeth, and then falls seven stories, running away before Green Arrow can find him.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Re: Silver St. Cloud

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:27 pm -One of Bruce Wayne's MANY love interests who vanished over the years, Silver St. Cloud holds a distinction for pretty quickly figuring out his secret identity on her own. She was from the upper class like Bruce, but ultimately felt she could not live with the constant fear of losing him- she left Gotham as a result. She returned engaged to a U.S. Senator, but left him for Bruce after a quarrel involving the Scarecrow made her realize her feelings. Batman pulled a "Rick Blaine" in trying to convince Silver to go back to her fiancée after he lost an arm and a leg trying to save her from the Joker. However, she was furious at being "loaned out" because he "needed" her. In Kevin Smith's Batman: The Widening Gyre, the writer re-trod his old ground of "The old love interest shows up, and is murdered", as she is killed by Onomatopoeia, who has revealed his villainous identity after pretending to be the heroic Baphomet.
She's later revealed to have set the whole thing up herself to get out of what she saw as a dead-end relationship ... but as that happened in a story involving humanized versions of Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny, it may or may not be canon.

Say it with me folks -- COMICS EVERYBODY!
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Prof. Pyg! Poison Ivy! Harley Quinn! Onomatopoeia!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Ono mimicking some of the distinctive Marvel sound effects like "Snikt!" and "BAMF!" would be an amusing crossover.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab’s Builds (Prof. Pyg! Poison Ivy! Harley Quinn! Onomatopoeia!)

Post by Ares »

Kevin Smith really did Connor Hawke dirty during his run. Connor was considered a top level martial artist in the DCU, someone in the Lady Shiva / Cassandra Caine league, and Smith just kept having guys like Onomatopoeia and Constantine Drakon walk all over Connor. Hell, there was a story where Ollie ups his game by being trained by assassins, and Connor goes with him and gets schooled a couple of times. It was sad.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

The Electrocutioner (Original)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE ELECTROCUTIONER I (something Buchinksy)
Created By:
Marv Wolfman, Michael Fleisher & Irv Novick
First Appearance: Batman #331 (Jan. 1981)
Role: Jobber Villain
PL 8 (79)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Electrical-Discharge Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [8]
Damage 8 (8) -- (9 points)
  • AE: Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Shock Suit +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Stunning +8 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)- The Electrocutioner murders criminals.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 14 (79)

-Jesus Christ, there's been THREE of these guys. DC is as bad about that as Marvel. The first Electrocutioner is a self-appointed executioner of criminals in Gotham City- the vigilante kills a murderer, Batman rescues the next, and in the third fight, he shocks himself and plunges off a cliff. He reappears later fighting The Vigilante, who is doing much the same thing- the hero kills him. You'd think they'd just make friends!

-The first Electrocutioner is just a generic goon who happens to have a dangerous suit that can kill with a touch.
Jabroniville

The Electrocutioner ('90s)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE ELECTROCUTIONER II (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Marv Wolfman & Jim Aparo
First Appearance: Detective Comics #626 (Feb. 1991)

-Marv Wolfman later created a second Electrocutioner for some reason, but he only got one use before disappearing.
Jabroniville

The Electrocutioner (Lester)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE ELECTROCUTIONER III (Lester Buchinksy)
Created By:
Chuck Dixon & Tom Lyle
First Appearance: Detective Comics #644 (May 1992)
PL 8 (79)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Electrical-Discharge Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [8]
Damage 8 (8) -- (9 points)
  • AE: Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Shock Suit +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Stunning +8 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- The Electrocutioner first murdered criminals like his brother had, but soon became a generic mercenary.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 14 (79)

-Debuting only a few months after the last one appeared, the third Electrocutioner is the brother of the first, and initially has the same goals, but later just becomes a generic mercenary. After a forgettable bunch of appearances, including being foiled by the Spoiler, he showed up in Nightwing as one of Blockbuster's men. In Cry For Justice, he is the villain who set off the blast that destroyed much of Star City- he is horribly injured by Arsenal, who lost his daughter in the blast. Only the intervention of other heroes (including Green Arrow) stop him from killing the man. However, Arsenal later just kills him anyways, cuz I dunno.
Ken

Re: Silver St. Cloud

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:27 pm Image
Hmm. Marshall Rogers art....
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.