Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ysariel

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by Ysariel »

I am glad to hear that Gilliam.

By the way, although Nightbird is in the initiative list, she is still hidden and the R.I.O.T. troops cannot attack her unless she attacks first. She has the option of not engaging and proceeding deeper into the submarine docks, if she prefers. I'll remind you of this again when your turn in the initiative order comes up.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

In almost all cases, use of a Sense power does require a Perception check.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I am trying to get a feel for the submarine docks. I am assuming they are underwater docks. How do the airlocks work? Are they windows around the docks so we can get a visual on the sub before it comes in?

I am thinking we could potentially hit the sub right before they dock somehow. Damage their connection to the airlock preventing them from docking. I am just not certain.

One idea: If Moonlight could hold back the ocean, we could potentially attack them through an open airlock right before they hook up. I don't know what kind of STR that would take.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Yes. The submarine docks are underwater docks. There are both windows and underwater cameras equipped with floodlights around the airlock that observe both the interior of the dock as well as the sea immediately before the dock.

The docks are a single large chamber with airtight gates that open to the sea, equipped with berths and piers within. The normal way of docking is that the dock's gates open, allowing the seawater to flood the docking chamber. Then the sub enters and the gates close behind it. Then seawater is pumped out, causing the water level within the docking chamber to lower, but still allowing the sub itself to remain floating in water. Cranes and gangways are then attached to the sub, allowing boarding and unloading of equipment.

However, the Ragnarok is no ordinary sub. It is far too large to fully enter the dock itself. The only way it can "dock" will be to cut an hole in the gate (which is the least-protected part of the facility underwater) using drills or other equipment and then mate a tube, airlock, or some other kind of passageway with that entrance.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

This kind of operation is not something that can be easily done in a round or two of combat time. You will be able to see what exactly the Ragnarok is doing from within the facility. For holding back the ocean, I'm not really sure either. Maybe treat the ocean pressure as its own str, and compare that to her move object rank? Though, holding back the sea like this seems like the kind of thing a nature controller could do, so I am kind of inclined to say it is possible. I will try to catch you online later if you are free today if you want to discuss this.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

That's a much larger scale than I was imagining. I thought they would hook up via a small connection, like a space dock. The hold back the water plan wouldn't work for this.

And since there is no way Jason knows what the inside of the sub looks like, he can't teleport on to it, even with Accurate
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Something not covered in the rules is stacking powers. If Jason were to power stunt his own create of the same material Moonlight did (presumably ice or stone), how would they work together?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

If they can get through that wall, they deserve to get in.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

DC 35 now, that is like an inch thick wall of titanium rolling a natural 20 for its Toughness save. That drill is either super-powerful and somehow going to get through, or is going to break on this wall hard.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I don't suspect it is just a "drill." But yeah, this is about as good as it gets with our powers.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Couldn't get a better result :)
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Hello. I am sorry for the week's delay and my absence. I will be responding to posts both today (Saturday evening US time) and tomorrow, skipping the Monday update instead, and resuming the usual schedule next Wednesday.

Traditionally, the end of the year is busier for me since it is both the start of the new academic year and holiday programmes are also in progress. In this particular case, late last week I was assigned additional classes and a schedule change with almost no advance notice, and honestly have been too tired with the situation and annoyed at management to do much for the last week or so. Hopefully, this shouldn't happen on a regular basis once the new year arrives.

Going forward, I think I need to get into the habit of just posting something every update day, even if it's just (in the worst case) a notice that there is no update for the day. Going silent is just very dangerous for me because then you have no idea if the game is still alive and missing one update makes it easier to miss the next.

Thank you for your patience and the game ought to be back to a regular schedule by next Wednesday.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Ysariel wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:22 pmThank you for your patience and the game ought to be back to a regular schedule by next Wednesday.
Thank you for the update. I agree; even a post saying you can't post today is better than nothing.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Hello. Just to let you know that the Wednesday update is being delayed. It's a longer post than usual because Nightbird used her HP for a monologue, so I wasn't able to finish it in one session. I will post ASAP once it is complete.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Ysariel wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:04 am Hello. Just to let you know that the Wednesday update is being delayed. It's a longer post than usual because Nightbird used her HP for a monologue, so I wasn't able to finish it in one session. I will post ASAP once it is complete.
Thank you :)